Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

spare a thought for the touts on seatwave:pac::pac::pac::pac:. They have 551 tickets to flog!! vianogo have 91

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

The Nal wrote: »
    I reckon its more so people go "oh look they play loads of songs Ill buy a ticket for this tour".

And then get skanked with a shorter set.

If you're trying to generate publicity to sell more tickets, you don't do it by having some anonymous production manager give mundane quotes which end up buried in the middle of an article on independent.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Support acts for Croker are to be announced on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

corm500 wrote: »

Acts? As in multiple? Like the sound of that

I’m gonna play my hand here and say I think it’s going to be the Strypes and Snow Patrol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Possibly getting no support act if there planning to do a longer set
    I said before tickets say gates at 5pm, so definite sign of support. I wonder if they have ever done venues 70,000+ at a similar price before with no support. Never heard of it, the likes of Springsteen might have no support and are well known for it.
    lc180 wrote: »
    Acts? As in multiple? Like the sound of that
    I was saying there is room for 2 or even 3, this might be the benefit of the poor sales, they will be forced to get out better support. I expect there are many people dying to go but with undecided partners (esp. at those prices) who might be tipped over with a good additional act(s).

rubadub wrote: »
    I said before tickets say gates at 5pm, so definite sign of support. I wonder if they have ever done venues 70,000+ at a similar price before with no support. Never heard of it, the likes of Springsteen might have no support and are well known for it.

Yeah Springsteen doesn't really have support acts only on the odd occasion (2013 2x in Kilkenny had a full support bill) and u2 when there indoors don't

I was saying there is room for 2 or even 3, this might be the benefit of the poor sales, they will be forced to get out better support. I expect there are many people dying to go but with undecided partners (esp. at those prices) who might be tipped over with a good additional act(s).

Did it work for Phil Collins last summer in the Aviva when they added Blondie and Mile and the mechanics ??

Having a good support lineup really adds to the day

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Did it work for Phil Collins last summer in the Aviva when they added Blondie and Mile and the mechanics ??
    you would need to see the promotors ticket sales to see if it "worked", even then you cannot predict how many more sold due to the addition so it is all a guess. I would think it certainly did not harm, both seemed very clever support to me.

Blondie would typically play the olympia, so might not cost much to get as support.

This is from the Phil Collins thread from a regular enough poster here.
    In the same boat meself. Have a ticket which was extortion, it was the Blondie addition that induced me.

In the more recent Liam Gallagher thread you can see many posts confirming they are now going with addition of richard ashcroft. Seemed like a very wise support act to me, ideally we would get Paul McCartney who is also along the same lines as tagging ashcroft onto Liam, but zero hope of that!

I do wish it was an older classic act though. I see Robert Plant & Van Morrison in 3arena, and also John Fogerty and Steve Miller.

I have my fingers crossed that they will be forced into a big enough act for it to almost considered a "dual headliner" like those, or at least something more than the run of the mill acts people expect.

The support on the first leg were not huge names

09 Sep Hamburg – Kaleo
    12 Sep Munich – Kaleo
    16 Sep Spielberg – Kaleo & John Lee Hooker Jr.
    20 Sep Zurich – The Struts
    23 Sep Lucca – The Struts
    27 Sep Barcelona – Los Zigarros
    30 Sep Amsterdam – De Staat
    03 Oct Copenhagen – RIVAL SONS
    09 Oct Dusseldorf – RIVAL SONS
    12 Oct Stockholm – The Hellacopters
    15 Oct Arnhem – Leon Bridges
    19/22/25 Oct Paris – Cage The Elephant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

The support on the first leg were not huge names

09 Sep Hamburg – Kaleo
    12 Sep Munich – Kaleo
    16 Sep Spielberg – Kaleo & John Lee Hooker Jr.
    20 Sep Zurich – The Struts
    23 Sep Lucca – The Struts
    27 Sep Barcelona – Los Zigarros
    30 Sep Amsterdam – De Staat
    03 Oct Copenhagen – RIVAL SONS
    09 Oct Dusseldorf – RIVAL SONS
    12 Oct Stockholm – The Hellacopters
    15 Oct Arnhem – Leon Bridges
    19/22/25 Oct Paris – Cage The Elephant

I've heard of most of them.

https://www.facebook.com/officialaslan/posts/10156032648771609

An indication ??

Personally be pretty happy with them. Underrated band

• Registered Users Posts: 29,044 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Wasn't it nice of RTE to give the promoters 10-15 minutes free advertising on Murium's radio show this morning with that phone interview with Mick. But FFS, would it not have been worth while sending Murium or whoever over to London to do the thing in person, not over the phone - very tacky.

Wasn't it nice of RTE to give the promoters 10-15 minutes free advertising on Murium's radio show this morning with that phone interview with Mick. But FFS, would it not have been worth while sending Murium or whoever over to London to do the thing in person, not over the phone - very tacky.

In fairness, I doubt if there would be many interviewers who would turn down the chance to interview Mick Jagger. Alongside Macca and Dylan, he is one of the most important and recognisable figures in rock history still with us today. Id say RTE were chuffed to to get the opportunity,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Then you'd be giving out that "Murium" was wasting your licence fee on a junket to London when she could have done it over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,044 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Then you'd be giving out that "Murium" was wasting your licence fee on a junket to London when she could have done it over the phone.
    I would be giving out - because Jagger or Aiken should be paying for the junket to London, given that it's basically advertising for a commercial event.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

UK Support looks good. Hopefully sets the standard.

22 May – LONDON – Liam Gallagher

25 May – LONDON – Florence + the Machine

29 May – SOUTHAMPTON – The Vaccines

02 Jun – COVENTRY – The Specials

05 Jun – MANCHESTER – Richard Ashcroft

09 Jun – EDINBURGH – Richard Ashcroft

15 Jun – CARDIFF – Elbow

19 Jun – TWICKENHAM – James Bay

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

UK support acts announced.

15 Jun – CARDIFF – Elbow

I would be happy to pay good money to see any of those. Dublin support act due to be announced tomorrow.

Edit: doh. Beaten to it.

Please be good for us ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

https://www.facebook.com/officialaslan/posts/10156032648771609

An indication ??

Personally be pretty happy with them. Underrated band

Oh god please no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

What time can we expect the announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Lucky dip tickets now available for €55 each this morning but only sold in pairs

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jeffy17

stimpson wrote: »
    UK support acts announced.

15 Jun – CARDIFF – Elbow

I would be happy to pay good money to see any of those. Dublin support act due to be announced tomorrow.

Edit: doh. Beaten to it.

Can only hope it's not Aslan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Did Aiken actually mention they are announcing the support for the gig today or is it just an assumption because the Stones announced the UK support acts?

The acts are being announced at 12.30pm today

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The acts are being announced at 12.30pm today

The Uk support are published.liam g, elbow, Florence and the machine, the specials and more

Edit-just noticed that others have posted the details last night !

Aslan are great live by the way folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Aslan are great live by the way folks.

Hope you’re joking and just referencing the infuriating RTE poll..... people can’t be trusted!

• Advertisement

Nelbert wrote: »
    Hope you’re joking and just referencing the infuriating RTE poll..... people can’t be trusted!

Not joking. Saw them years ago at the UCD ball and they converted me to being a fan. Before that I dissed them

Advertisement