Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Unless you have a contact at ticketmaster or with the promotor I don't think there's anywhere that could track ticket sales. I'd imagine it would be pretty sensitive info. Especially if a gig isn't selling well.

It would be sensitive info but all the signs are that there’s shed loads of tickets still to sell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

It would be sensitive info but all the signs are that there’s shed loads of tickets still to sell

Oh god yeah, we can all speculate but there's nowhere that any regular punter can get definitive numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Rasputin87

Had a listen to them on Spotify after the announcement as I never heard of them.

I certainly won't be arriving early, that's for sure.

Rasputin87 wrote: »
    Had a listen to them on Spotify after the announcement as I never heard of them.

I certainly won't be arriving early, that's for sure.

I'm doing the same. They're grand, more of a summer festival early afternoon band I would've thought.

Still better than Aslan though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Anyway good luck to the lads, that's a very big responsibility on their shoulder. It might be meanness but could also be seen as very gracious of Jagger & Co to give them a platform. Not many artists would be willing to allow that.

Re ticket sales Nova were giving them away like confetti yesterday. I said it way back this was announced too late. There were the same worries about Phil Collins which turned out great but no doubt Debbie and Mike played a part in getting punters in to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭the explorer

They would have needed a major support act to attract people on the fence that had not already bought. 80-90k tickets is just too many to sell at those prices, particularly when many of the €90 seats will be very far from the stage( GAA pitch is about 60m longer than soccer pitch).

Also the fact that overseas fans will have limited accommodation options due to the Ed Sheeran concerts, and anyone in the UK who wants to see them already can.

I just hope its full enough for a good athmosphere. And also that its not filled with people on free tickets that are there for a drink and a chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

The curfew is usually around 11pm, especially midweek. So depending on their set assume around 9/9.30 on stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭the explorer

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    The curfew is usually around 11pm, especially midweek. So depending on their set assume around 9/9.30 on stage?

I would think 9 at the latest, isn't this supposed to be the longest gig of the tour?

Just anecdotally from talking to friends who are regular gig goers (mainly 20s and 30 somethings) this one seems to have no traction with them.

Any I have asked joke about the strolling bones and old folks home day out, this type of comment.

The other response I’ve got is “I might go if I got a dirt cheap ticket on the day”.

• Advertisement

Great to hear an irish support act have been chosen to support the greatest rock band of all time in Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Re ticket sales Nova were giving them away like confetti yesterday. I said it way back this was announced too late.

The whole UK and Ireland tour was put on sale months too late.
    These gigs needed to have gone on sale in January or even before Christmas .

The Stones use dynamic ticket pricing and slow sales methods which needs a long run to sell venues out.
    2 -2.5 months was far too little time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Great to hear an irish support act have been chosen to support the greatest rock band of all time in Croke Park.

Who are they again ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Zardoz wrote: »
    The whole UK and Ireland tour was put on sale months too late.
    These gigs needed to have gone on sale in January or even before Christmas .

The Stones use dynamic ticket pricing and slow sales methods which needs a long run to sell venues out.
    2 -2.5 months was far too little time.

The license issue didn't help either; Croker went on sale a few weeks after the other venues.

Best of luck to Aiken staying in the black on this one. Lucky Dips are *kinda* secret, not everybody is gonna know to look for 'em.

hawkelady wrote: »
    Who are they again ???

The Rolling Stones !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The license issue didn't help either; Croker went on sale a few weeks after the other venues.

Best of luck to Aiken staying in the black on this one. Lucky Dips are *kinda* secret, not everybody is gonna know to look for 'em.

Yes that is true ,those extra 2 weeks would have been of benefit.

I have 2 standing and 2 Lucky Dip tickets ,unsure which 2 I will use yet .
    My sciatica has flared up so hopefully I get a good seat in the Lucky Dip ,don't fancy standing for 3.5 hours.

Who are they again ???

The Rolling Stones !!!

Ah... you attempted a funny to take the heat off an absolute abortion of a support band with whom you embraced. Very good

Ah... you attempted a funny to take the heat off an absolute abortion of a support band with whom you embraced. Very good

Did you wake up on the wrong side of your bed today and fall out your window? Or are you practicing writing headlines for “The Star”

Did you wake up on the wrong side of your bed today and fall out your window? Or are you practicing writing headlines for “The Star”

All of the above ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

lucky dip link in case anyone is looking for them as they don't come up in normal ticket-master searches
    https://www1.ticketmaster.ie/event/1800545A96CE2C6A?did=lkdp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Just anecdotally from talking to friends who are regular gig goers (mainly 20s and 30 somethings) this one seems to have no traction with them.

Any I have asked joke about the strolling bones and old folks home day out, this type of comment.

The other response I’ve got is “I might go if I got a dirt cheap ticket on the day”.

They weren't around for an amazing era. I would much rather be older and having seen the acts I've seen. They don't know what they missed. Actually that's unfair, some of them do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Who are they again ???

Doesn’t matter, it’s all academic anyway

They weren't around for an amazing era. I would much rather be older and having seen the acts I've seen. They don't know what they missed. Actually that's unfair, some of them do.

Ah no in fairness they’d be big fans of the stones like I am. I have most of their albums and listen to them a lot on Spotify. The 60s and 70s stuff is gold. It’s just nowadays they are seen almost as a novelty act

Peter File wrote: »
    lucky dip link in case anyone is looking for them as they don't come up in normal ticket-master searches

Seems to be 2 tickets minimum?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

If Dublin gets the longest show of the tour I'd take a weaker support. Hour longer or even 30 mins longer. Be worth it

Peter File wrote: »

Seems to be 2 tickets minimum?

Yeah LD tickets are sold in pairs. So €55 for two tickets

but1er wrote: »
    If Dublin gets the longest show of the tour I'd take a weaker support. Hour longer or even 30 mins longer. Be worth it

They usually play two extra songs on opening nights so it won't be quite a half hour

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

So €55 for two tickets

€55 each, €123 with fees for two. Don't get me wrong though, still very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Conchir wrote: »
    €55 each, €123 with fees for two. Don't get me wrong though, still very good.

Might not feel that way if you end up in the gods at the corner of the Canal End.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

fcuk the begrudgers
    its gonna be an amazing night

Advertisement