Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Might not feel that way if you end up in the gods at the corner of the Canal End.
    Better than the lad next to ya that paid €95 for the same ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Might not feel that way if you end up in the gods at the corner of the Canal End.

It's the Rolling Stones. As long as I was in the stadium, for €55 they could put me anywhere and I'd be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Conchir wrote: »
    It's the Rolling Stones. As long as I was in the stadium, for €55 they could put me anywhere and I'd be happy.

Not for me, I watched AC/DC from up in the gods in Lansdowne and it was awful. First time ever I couldnt get a standing ticket so it was that or nothing. In future I would choose nothing, I could barely see the band and there was a huge sound delay. After that experience it has to be standing or I dont bother going, I just dont like watching concerts from the stands where you are 100% reliant on big screens and the people around you are more reserved/having a chat, etc.

In anycase I expect on the day of the concert 50 lids will get a pitch standing ticket. Saw the Stones in Slane a few years back and the touts took an absolute whalloping, I got a ticket at 6pm for 40 quid. I will be holding out on this one too and seeing what is available on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

Peter File wrote: »
    lucky dip link in case anyone is looking for them as they don't come up in normal ticket-master searches
    https://www1.ticketmaster.ie/event/1800545A96CE2C6A?did=lkdp

Thanks for this. Just picked up 2 tickets there, couldn't afford the original price so very happy to see these!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Not for me, I watched AC/DC from up in the gods in Lansdowne and it was awful. First time ever I couldnt get a standing ticket so it was that or nothing. In future I would choose nothing, I could barely see the band and there was a huge sound delay. After that experience it has to be standing or I dont bother going, I just dont like watching concerts from the stands where you are 100% reliant on big screens and the people around you are more reserved/having a chat, etc.

In anycase I expect on the day of the concert 50 lids will get a pitch standing ticket. Saw the Stones in Slane a few years back and the touts took an absolute whalloping, I got a ticket at 6pm for 40 quid. I will be holding out on this one too and seeing what is available on the day.

Fair enough, good luck on the day then. The point is moot anyway as I've got pitch standing for this. I do think though that if it came down to it, I'd take the seats up the back for 55 over nothing.

And yes, touts getting burned is only ever a good thing, so I hope you're right on that point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tickets still not posted

Prob delay cause it's a collector one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Tickets still not posted

Prob delay cause it's a collector one

I've ordered a few collectors tickets before, they're sent from the UK rather than the Irish ticketmaster. Always arrive painfully close to the gig!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Just a heads up.....standing tickets available on TM now.

are we talking attendence as low as the 2012 RHCP show or will it be a small bit bigger ??? Coukd they curtain off sections and upgrade people to closer sections

Ive heard tickets are going like hotcakes for comps on radio stations.

Shame really but i will enjoy the show like many of us here will

getting close now :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

LD tickets are now 70.

Saying that i just spent 5 minutes looking for group tickets. there's seats everywhere. This won't be no sellout.

• Advertisement

ewj1978 wrote: »
    LD tickets are now 70.

Saying that i just spent 5 minutes looking for group tickets. there's seats everywhere. This won't be no sellout.

Hope it doesn't take away from the atmosphere

Thinking it could be lucky to get 45000

Factors include Price, the fact it's a Thursday which is a school night/exam time and the hullabaloo surrounding the licence

Putting the academic as support prob meant they were hoping to get the younger audience to go but it's not looking like it down anything for ticket sales. Aiken cheaping out again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Bit of a mess really. Prices for standing aren’t too bad by croke park standards. But it’s a mid week gig, tickets not on sale long enough and a sh!t support means slow sales. If you get up the front of standing the atmosphere will still be good I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Section 303 is on sale now, they werent even available when tickets first went on sale, I would have held off for them if I had known.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

MadYaker wrote: »
    Bit of a mess really. Prices for standing aren’t too bad by croke park standards. But it’s a mid week gig, tickets not on sale long enough and a sh!t support means slow sales. If you get up the front of standing the atmosphere will still be good I reckon

I don't think they can book gigs too long in advance considering their age.

Has anybody even received their tickets yet?? I'm waiting on two for Manchester and two for Croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Croker ticket received weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Hannibal wrote: »
    ? in case one dies or something?

If they had these on sale before Christmas they would have sold a hell of a lot more, people buying presents for parents.

Has anybody even received their tickets yet?? I'm waiting on two for Manchester and two for Croker.

Still waiting on my Croke Park collectors ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

rubadub wrote: »
    ? in case one dies or something?

If they had these on sale before Christmas they would have sold a hell of a lot more, people buying presents for parents.
    Possibly true, I honestly thought they'd be gold dust so I bought two for Manchester. I have them sold for slightly less than cost price so I'll need them couriered to England before the gig.

Does anyone remember if the Stones gig in Slane sold out quick?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Does anyone remember if the Stones gig in Slane sold out quick?

Sold out in 30 minutes.

From Croke Park Facebook

'Satisfaction Guaranteed - a limited number of Premium Tickets for the Rolling Stones concert have become available!

These covered seats are in prime locations close to the stage and just steps away from the Premium Level bars, cafes and restaurants.

Don’t miss this once in a lifetime opportunity, find out more at crokepark.ie/rolling-stones

Christ this gig must not be selling, if they have to keep plugging tickets. 2018 could be one of the quietest gig seasons in Croke Park history

Still bloody waiting on the my collectors ticket to arrive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

From Croke Park Facebook

'Satisfaction Guaranteed - a limited number of Premium Tickets for the Rolling Stones concert have become available!

These covered seats are in prime locations close to the stage and just steps away from the Premium Level bars, cafes and restaurants.

Don’t miss this once in a lifetime opportunity, find out more at crokepark.ie/rolling-stones

Christ this gig must not be selling, if they have to keep plugging tickets. 2018 could be one of the quietest gig seasons in Croke Park history

Rolling Stones are no Garth Brooks. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Its a terrible venue. The sound is very hit and miss and the food is like something you'd find at a Bohemians football match in the 1970s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

From Croke Park Facebook

Relax. Just look forward to the gig. You're getting way too stressed about it.

Premium tickets have to be offered to the GAA ten-year ticket holders first. Any that aren't taken up get offered to the public at a later date.

Still waiting on my Croke Park collectors ticket

are you going to be living/staying away from your delivery address soon or something? you keep saying it has not arrived, is there a big rush on it? or what is the concern?

If I knew I was potentially going to be away I would have bought print outs, much as I hate them. I like to keep/collect my ticket stubs, at some gigs where I only had printouts I picked up discarded proper tickets after.

are you going to be living/staying away from your delivery address soon or something? you keep saying it has not arrived, is there a big rush on it? or what is the concern?

If I knew I was potentially going to be away I would have bought print outs, much as I hate them. I like to keep/collect my ticket stubs, at some gigs where I only had printouts I picked up discarded proper tickets after.

No just peace of mind

Bought a ticket for wwe in the 3arena 2 weeks ago and that still hasn't arrived and the show takes place next Friday

TM are annoying sometimes, some tickets arrive quick others take ages. My UK tickets for Pearl Jam and Foos are still not here and the foos are E tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Just ring ticketmaster and ask if they've been sent out yet

No just peace of mind

well there is absolutely zero worry, if they do not arrive (after ringing them) you will just have to collect tickets at the box office and show a CC, happened to me before and is well documented in other threads. You would ring them even on the day and tell them they never arrived. Not sure of current T&Cs but they used to tell you to report non delivered tickets up to a certain time. I think nowadays it can be up to 48hrs before events.

They may delay sending out tickets to gigs which will potentially be cancelled, to save themselves the hassle of returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

No just peace of mind

Bought a ticket for wwe in the 3arena 2 weeks ago and that still hasn't arrived and the show takes place next Friday

TM are annoying sometimes, some tickets arrive quick others take ages. My UK tickets for Pearl Jam and Foos are still not here and the foos are E tickets

Collectors tickets always arrive less than two weeks before the gig as they're manufactured abroad. There is literally no need to worry or stress. I'm still waiting on mine but I know from ordering three collectors tickets before that they always arrive close to the gig.

As i said, it's because they are not manufactured by ticketmaster.

well there is absolutely zero worry, if they do not arrive (after ringing them) you will just have to collect tickets at the box office and show a CC, happened to me before and is well documented in other threads. You would ring them even on the day and tell them they never arrived. Not sure of current T&Cs but they used to tell you to report non delivered tickets up to a certain time. I think nowadays it can be up to 48hrs before events.

They may delay sending out tickets to gigs which will potentially be cancelled, to save themselves the hassle of returns.

Ya never knw in Ireland but can't see the gig being cancelled with all the publicity and rehearsal time going into it

If the RHCP didn't cancel the stones won't. Be heartbreaking if they do but surly they won't

• Advertisement

Ya never knw in Ireland but can't see the gig being cancelled with all the publicity and rehearsal time going into it t
    I was not meaning this gig, just giving reasons in general why they delay sending out tickets for some gigs rather than others. I never expect them all the same time. Only today I got tickets for vicar street that I presumed/thought I had got already.

Some gigs are sold over a year in advance, like Peter Kay, and he did then end up cancelling lots of gigs (not sure if they were sold a year in advance).

In some cases TM have said they delayed release of tickets to combat touting, quite laughable considering they are quite blatantly the biggest touts on the planet!

If this gig was only half sold they are still raking it in, though the stones likely have a min fee. I made this point many times about taylor swift. Her prices are about twice what ed sheerans were, if it is half sold she is making the same. People make out like it was some feat to sell out all the gigs he did. Make no mistake I am surprised he managed it, but there is no way in hell he would have sold out 3 nights at the prices the stones or swift are asking, which are quite frankly ludicrous.

Advertisement