Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

don't think ol mick finished his Business degree at the London School of Economics. I've read stories of him backstage after gigs going through receipts, meant to be a notorious skinflint.

Couldn't justify that price. TBH they were never great live. Great singles band, 'Beggars Banquet', 'Let It Bleed' and 'Exile' are classics along with 60s singles. But apart from the very odd single, as in 'Miss You', 'Start me Up', their last good album was 'Exile' in 1972!

but hey, if you're mad into them, that's cool - if you are, I'd go cos they're pretty much using a lot of backing musicians live now and I'd say this will be it realistically.

howya. just for a bit of balance. im not a fan of rs to be honest. ive probably been to more concerts than most people. i got dragged to see them in the point years ago, and tbh only went for a pint. but feck me i was absolutely blown away by them. i watched the whole concert with my jaw on the floor. i never realised they were such a good live band, i mean they are ancient geezers after all. lesson learned. hopefully they hit the same level again.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

emo72 wrote: »
    howya. just for a bit of balance. im not a fan of rs to be honest. ive probably been to more concerts than most people. i got dragged to see them in the point years ago, and tbh only went for a pint. but feck me i was absolutely blown away by them. i watched the whole concert with my jaw on the floor. i never realised they were such a good live band, i mean they are ancient geezers after all. lesson learned. hopefully they hit the same level again.

I was at that same gig. They were fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Me too. Phenomenal performance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

emo72 wrote: »

I was there too and was also blown away - Epic gig

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Looking for a pitch standing ticket..

On Ticketmaster.ie there are tickets marked GA1 for €70.45. Is this a general standing ticket? (General Admission?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Greybottle wrote: »
    Looking for a pitch standing ticket..

On Ticketmaster.ie there are tickets marked GA1 for €70.45. Is this a general standing ticket? (General Admission?)

Yeap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Anyone who ordered collectors tickets have ye got them yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Anyone who ordered collectors tickets have ye got them yet?

No hoping to get them this week sometime

Ordered a ticket to an event in the 3arena this coming Friday in April and still havent received the ticket. Emailed dis morning and they said if it doesn't arrive in the morning than email them again and they will send me an eticket

I really hope the collectors collect doesn't get lost in the mail and I have to use an eticket. I like collecting my tickets. Wonder would I get refunded the cost of the collectors if such an event occurred ??

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Emailed dis morning and they said if it doesn't arrive in the morning than email them again and they will send me an eticket
    In the past they used to have you collect a proper ticket at the box office.

I collect tickets too and hate e tickets. If I wanted a proper one I would have told them an eticket does not suit as I have no printer and could I collect one at the box office (or TM van if the event has them). You usually have to bring the CC or details of the CC that bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭roadmaster

i wonder is there a case the public have finally said the hell with this i am not paying that much money for a gig. No gigs seam to be selling out anymore. I even see tickets now back up on TM for the remaining Ed Sherran shows. I know i have decided not to go to the stones due to price and midweek. When you add up the price of two tickets, food , hotel, babysitter etc you are touching €500. Thats alot of cash for anyone for one night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Still no collectors ticket meself, ill leave it until monday to contact them if they havent arrived by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

roadmaster wrote: »
    i wonder is there a case the public have finally said the hell with this i am not paying that much money for a gig.

Hopefully. We're already in the deep end. 10 years ago it would be astonishing to me that I'm missing The Rolling Stones, Robert Plant and Van, John Prine, Steve Van Zandt and a few others because they're all becoming so expensive.

Festivals and smaller gigs are where the value is these days.

This is 160 a ticket.

Mad-Cool-2018-1516296114-compressed.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

correct me if I'm wrong, but don't lots of the larger festivals on the continent get some sort of government funding? Hence the low ticket price.

Still no collectors ticket meself, ill leave it until monday to contact them if they havent arrived by then.

Same

TM are pretty good for replying quickly if u don't receive tickets. They email u a ticket but someone Said you could ask them to collect them from the box office on the day ??

Id imagine a collectors ticket is only printed once and if it's lost it's lost and they prob void it, Possibly refund the cost and print out an eticket or hard copy

Stage is being constructed as we speak in Croker and the lads are supposably rehearsing in London

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

correct me if I'm wrong, but don't lots of the larger festivals on the continent get some sort of government funding? Hence the low ticket price.

Some of them do yeah with tourism and/or arts budgets. Even still, they're great value. Glastonbury is about 250 quid which is a steal.

2013 I saw The Stones there and a couple of thousands of euro worth of acts for 250 quid.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Same

TM are pretty good for replying quickly if u don't receive tickets. They email u a ticket but someone Said you could ask them to collect them from the box office on the day ??

Id imagine a collectors ticket is only printed once and if it's lost it's lost and they prob void it, Possibly refund the cost and print out an eticket or hard copy

Stage is being constructed as we speak in Croker and the lads are supposably rehearsing in London

Have u got ticket masters email address? Can’t seem to find it. Tried ringing but keeps hanging up on me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Have u got ticket masters email address? Can’t seem to find it. Tried ringing but keeps hanging up on me

Have you tried the Chat feature on their site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

You can see from your Ticketmaster account if they have been dispatched or not. If it says not dispatched, no point trying to contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

you log into your Ticketmaster account on the full desktop site and click into your order details you should see a blurb stating that "We've received the tickets in for your event and we're now starting to send them out. Dont panic if your friends get theirs before you-we send tickets out in batches, so they may not all arrive at the same time.

If you have not received your tickets within 72 hours of the event please contact us no later than 24 hours before the event."

Have you tried the Chat feature on their site?

I’ll try it out now thanks

• Advertisement

You can see from your Ticketmaster account if they have been dispatched or not. If it says not dispatched, no point trying to contact them.

I’ve noticed before that it says not yet dispatched and tickets have already arrived. It’s just that my delivery address is at home in Waterford but I’m living in Dublin now, I’m home at the weekend so hoping they’ll be there by then so it’ll save me having to drive down next week to get them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

GAA Season ticket holders have been offered Premium Level tickets at €195 or Lower Hogan Tickets at €181. Wonder how short of capacity this will be?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

BPKS wrote: »
    GAA Season ticket holders have been offered Premium Level tickets at €195 or Lower Hogan Tickets at €181. Wonder how short of capacity this will be?

Aiken promoter said on the news last week that it will sell out, but he would say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

thebull85 wrote: »
    Aiken promoter said on the news last week that it will sell out, but he would say that.
    if he is so sure it seems strange that they are squandering money on advertising still. And even stranger that they are dumping tickets off by the truckload to all those radio stations.

They have also dropped the cheapest seats from 90 down to 70.45.

And the regular standing haven't even sold out yet.

He does have a history of telling cringeworthy lies though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

rubadub wrote: »
    if he is so sure it seems strange that they are squandering money on advertising still. And even stranger that they are dumping tickets off by the truckload to all those radio stations.

They have also dropped the cheapest seats from 90 down to 70.45.

And the regular standing haven't even sold out yet.

He does have a history of telling cringeworthy lies though.

I'd be shocked if they have sold more than 50k tickets.

Its plain to see that the ticket sales are very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

thebull85 wrote: »

He also said the ginger busker was the biggest rock star in the world!!

I suppose tbf I'd have that delusion if backed someone who raked me in €€€ like that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Why are people so concerned about the ticket sales?
    If anything, it’s a good thing if it doesn’t sell out. MCD, Aiken etc now know they can’t charge these prices going forward.
    Regardless of how many people attend, i’m really looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

The mistake the promoters (or the Stones, I'm not sure) made was allocating too many tickets to the ridiculous 'VIP packages', charging a 200 quid premium for a lanyard and a poster.

They've seen sense now and abandoned that shyte completely, but they lost a lot of time and left themselves a mountain to climb to sell it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭jackthelad321

Does anyone know what time the stones are due to be on stage? I have a gig later than night around 10pm just wondering if the gig would be done by then? Says doors at 5pm so no idea what time they are due on and for how long.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what time the stones are due to be on stage? I have a gig later than night around 10pm just wondering if the gig would be done by then? Says doors at 5pm so no idea what time they are due on and for how long.

prob 7.30-7.45pm and be over by 10-10.15

The Acadmeic prob come on stage about 6.15-6.30

Advertisement