Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

'Meanwhile, the concert boss was keeping tight-lipped on whether he is applying for permission to hold a fourth gig at Croke Park this summer.

But he did quash rumours he has booked the Rolling Stones for the slot, saying: “I don’t know where that came from.”

So it's not the Stones and would not surprise me if this 4th Croke Park show is true at all ???

Balls anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    'Meanwhile, the concert boss was keeping tight-lipped on whether he is applying for permission to hold a fourth gig at Croke Park this summer.

But he did quash rumours he has booked the Rolling Stones for the slot, saying: “I don’t know where that came from.”

So it's not the Stones and would not surprise me if this 4th Croke Park show is true at all ???

Balls anyway

Until they have permission and the deal done, there's no way he'd confirm who it is so I'd take that 'rumour quashing' with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Not the Spice Girls??? :D..................(runs for cover..........!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

hawkelady wrote: »
    " concerts are often on midweek" ???
    Really , I would have said the majority of croke park gigs were on either a Friday or Saturday.

Well this one is and obviously some of the Garth Brooks ones were too, which were the problematic ones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭MoonshineMonty

Well this one is and obviously some of the Garth Brooks ones were too, which were the problematic ones.

What Garth concerts were midweek? The last thing I knew they were cancelled and none happened midweek.

• Advertisement

What Garth concerts were midweek? The last thing I knew they were cancelled and none happened midweek.

Some were planned for midweek, don't be obtuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

The only one I can remember playing midweek was the Red hot chili peppers in June 2012. I think it was a Tuesday night.

U2 did on a few different occasions, I think. If memory serves, I would say 2005 & 2009ish? Though I'm open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

U2 did on a few different occasions, I think. If memory serves, I would say 2005 & 2009ish? Though I'm open to correction.

Yeah, they were either Fri/sat and Monday or Thursday & Friday/Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yep U2 played a Monday in 2009 and 2005.

Nobody else has played early or midweek.

• Advertisement

who is the act then if its not the Rolling stones ???

Unless that may date was BS and its actually someone like Enimen but later in the summer ???.

Although CP is full for games from 28th July til 19th Aug and then from 2nd Sep-16th Sep.

Gaps that remain free are the full month of May, 16th July-26th July , 20th Aug-31st Aug

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

PTH2009 wrote: »
    who is the act then if its not the Rolling stones ???

Unless that may date was BS and its actually someone like Enimen but later in the summer ???.

Although CP is full for games from 28th July til 19th Aug and then from 2nd Sep-16th Sep.

Gaps that remain free are the full month of May, 16th July-26th July , 20th Aug-31st Aug

I saw the notice in the newspaper last Friday and it was very clear that it would be for Thurs 17th May if it gets the go ahead, 3 weeks has been given from when the council receives it for people to review and send in submissions. I would think it will be highly sensitive until or if it passes through the process given past experience. The only definitive do far is its not Garth brooks per the GAA official last week. I am sure Peter Aiken is not going to be drawn into any detail on it for now.

But they didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

And that's not the reason they were cancelled ..... and the greedy git couldn't even play his 3 gigs that were granted !! Rhinestone cowboy indeed !!

And that's not the reason they were cancelled ..... and the greedy git couldn't even play his 3 gigs that were granted !! Rhinestone cowboy indeed !!

Or the 2 shows that were originally planned

Anyway that's the past and its done and dusted

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Actually, it was a large part of the residents complaints. With gigs on a Monday and Tuesday, plus 2-3 days derig, you were basically facing a full work week of disruptions.

U2, Red Hot Chilli Peppers played midweek. But Garth didn't so not sure why that was given as an example.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

U2, Red Hot Chilli Peppers played midweek. But Garth didn't so not sure why that was given as an example.

And it sold dreadfully

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Yeah, they were either Fri/sat and Monday or Thursday & Friday/Saturday.

They were Friday ,Saturday and Monday in 2005 and 2009.
    Monday was arguably the best night for both those tours ,they played longer that night in 2005 ,they even broke the curfew.

• Site Banned Posts: 5 hero77

It'll be Eminem I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Rolling Stones.

wardides wrote: »
    Rolling Stones.

That's your GUESS , right????

Haha has it been announced? I heard last week, and just assumed by the post above mine nothing had been confirmed yet.

Haha has it been announced? I heard last week, and just assumed by the post above mine nothing had been confirmed yet.

Fantastic insight. Welcome to d'internet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Bit Harsh ???? :confused:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Jasus, bad day?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,128 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

If its the Stones, the residents are wrong, if it isnt, they are right

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Zico !

I was told last week it was the rolling stones

• Registered Users Posts: 24,128 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Zico ! wrote: »
    I was told last week it was the rolling stones

Well then the residents are wrong and the mounted police and water cannon should be put on standby to quell any resistance.

• Advertisement

Jasus, bad day?

You could say that alright. Apologies.

You could say I can't always get what I want !!!

Advertisement