Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

They can play till 11pm so they will prob come on at 8:30/8:45

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Yeah 11pm is the normal curfew for those type of gigs so I wouldn't expect them on stage before 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Theie tour manager says it will be the longest set of the tour.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2018/0419/955748-rolling-stones-get-ready-to-start-dublin-up/

Planning to get there around 8 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

poundhound wrote: »
    Why are people so concerned about the ticket sales?
    If anything, it’s a good thing if it doesn’t sell out. MCD, Aiken etc now know they can’t charge these prices going forward.

The issue there is that the bands just won't come here. They'll just play America over and over where they can charge silly money.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Nal wrote: »
    The issue there is that the bands just won't come here. They'll just play America over and over where they can charge silly money.

Works very well for Garth Brooks and Van Halen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

So, ticket sales aside, (i got standing the other day so delighted) does anyone know what their set list is gonna be like? Hits?

Mince Pie wrote: »
    So, ticket sales aside, (i got standing the other day so delighted) does anyone know what their set list is gonna be like? Hits?

Going by last year's leg the set could look like this but with some of the songs in different order
    September 2017 in Hamburg, Germany.[5]

"Sympathy for the Devil"
    "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)"
    "Tumbling Dice"
    "Out of Control"
    "Just Your Fool"
    "Ride 'Em on Down"
    "Play with Fire"
    "You Can't Always Get What You Want"
    "Dancing with Mr. D"
    "Under My Thumb"
    "Paint It Black"
    "Honky Tonk Women"
    "Slipping Away"
    "Happy"
    "Midnight Rambler"
    "Miss You"
    "Street Fighting Man"
    "Start Me Up"
    "Brown Sugar"
    "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"
    Encore

"Gimme Shelter"
    "Jumpin' Jack Flash"

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

you can see on setlist.fm

and setify.co will generate playlists from setlist.fm, it can be better to some as it lists the album it is from -though sometimes it detects it off a best of

setlist.fm will also allow more searches, like the most popular songs played in 2017 would be a good bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

PTH2009 wrote: »

Going by last year's leg the set could look like this but with some of the songs in different order
    September 2017 in Hamburg, Germany.[5]

"Sympathy for the Devil"
    "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)"
    "Tumbling Dice"
    "Out of Control"
    "Just Your Fool"
    "Ride 'Em on Down"
    "Play with Fire"
    "You Can't Always Get What You Want"
    "Dancing with Mr. D"
    "Under My Thumb"
    "Paint It Black"
    "Honky Tonk Women"
    "Slipping Away"
    "Happy"
    "Midnight Rambler"
    "Miss You"
    "Street Fighting Man"
    "Start Me Up"
    "Brown Sugar"
    "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"
    Encore

"Gimme Shelter"
    "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
    V. happy with that. Thanks. :D

I wonder will there be a pool table or 2 backstage for Ronnie lol

Amazing how many rockstars lpve pool/snooker , I think Iron Maiden kept the crowd waiting last year at a show cause they were watching the world snooker final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Have GA tickets and my dad got the 200 euro tickets, still nothing arrived :/

Bloody ticketmaster...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Amazing how many rockstars lpve pool/snooker , I think Iron Maiden kept the crowd waiting last year at a show cause they were watching the world snooker final

Pool? Nope. Ronnie loves snooker mainly and the stones touring party run tournaments that run for the length of the tours. Apparently Keith is decent as well, pre bottle of JD i presume!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Anyone else reckon ed Sheeran will come onstage for one song ......

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dickvandyk

hawkelady wrote: »
    Hopefully not

hawkelady wrote: »

Never knw he's in town that week as we well know

Sure what else would he be doing on his night off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Maiden wouldn't do that, too professional, story is that when the tour was being arranged Nicko (drummer) said he'd do the tour if he could have the Bank Holiday Sunday and Monday off so that he could go to Sheffield to watch the final. Tour dates get announced and ole Nicko is delighted cos there's no dates on the Sunday and Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Soft day out there folks. I hope we're not in for a washout next Thursday.

When you realize it's only a few days away the lunacy of how late they left to announce such a big gig becomes apparent.

Soft day out there folks. I hope we're not in for a washout next Thursday.

When you realize it's only a few days away the lunacy of how late they left to announce such a big gig becomes apparent.

Yeah that would be the icing on the cake, half empty stadium, no atmosphere and getting bloody soaked lol

Yeah it's was pretty odd announcing the tour so late and on top of that we had the licence issue for us. Reckon they over estimated the venue sizes on this tour and then the ticket prices. Reckon the only reason we have a midweek gig is the royal wedding next weekend in which some of the band members will be going

Anyway it's going to be good gig and one band I always wanted to get off the list. There legends and one of the best of all time

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Hard to believe this is the same band we will be seeing next Thursday!

https://youtu.be/tTHweQtZJ7w

Minus Bill and Brian obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Hard to believe this is the same band we will be seeing next Thursday!

https://youtu.be/tTHweQtZJ7w

Minus Bill and Brian obviously!

And they didn't give a sh1t from day one.

Mick expression here at 53 seconds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Clock is ticking on these bloody tickets arriving

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Pool? Nope. Ronnie loves snooker mainly and the stones touring party run tournaments that run for the length of the tours. Apparently Keith is decent as well, pre bottle of JD i presume!
    Ronnie used to always be playing pool in Time nightclub/Osperey Hotel in Naas back 10-15 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭larrykinney

corm500 wrote: »
    Clock is ticking on these bloody tickets arriving

This is taking the mickey...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

So I had a spare ticket for this gig, text a few friends to see if they are interested in going. None of them tried to get tickets because they genuinely thought the gig was sold out and tickets would be impossible to get and/or any left would be extortionate prices (somewhat true).

I don't listen to radio, read the papers much and only copped standing tickets where available because I saw it on Boards. (Cheers BTW)

I wonder is this anyway a factor in the ticket sales? Probably not but I was surprised to hear this from people who go to gigs quite often.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Anyone's collector tickets arrive yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

My collectors tickets arrived last Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

No. A friend has received her paper tickets but is still waiting on a collector's ticket as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭82dgolf

drake70 wrote: »
    No. A friend has received her paper tickets but is still waiting on a collector's ticket as well.
    Still waiting on two tickets ordered 29/03/18

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭larrykinney

Also still waiting for my ticket I ordered 2 months ago, I'm in Cork and am heading up to Dublin on Wednesday so I won't be home to take delivery. This is flipping' ridiculous....:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Latest weather forecast is showing sunny and temps in mid teens but a bit chilly in the evening. Jacket weather but at least we'll be dry.

Advertisement