Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

If you haven't received your tickets tomorrow, ring Ticketmaster and they will arrange for you to collect at the ground if previous ticketermaster ****ups are anything to go by.

Noticed T/M were selling cheap tickets on their site at €54.95 each plus charges.
    You get allocated the area when you collect them at the box office.
    Would imagine they will be selling them again tomorrow.
    Probably last chance of T/M trying to get rid of a lot of the tickets remaining as they have loads available on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Mick was at the cricket in Malahide earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Collectors Tickets arrived this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Finally arrived. Cutting it fine :rolleyes:

450693.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

How much extra for those?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

ozzy jr wrote: »
    How much extra for those?

€5 a piece if I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah came dis morning, roll on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Irish Rail have cancelled the late night train to Cork after the concert.
    Further evidence of poor ticket sales.
    Disgraceful carry on to cancel it so late.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Same here 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Still didn’t get mine and post has come already. Hoping I get them before I head for Dublin tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,585 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

hmm got mine this morning. happy days. then found we won some survey i did. gold circle. lol mad ted.

hmm got mine this morning. happy days. then found we won some survey i did. gold circle. lol mad ted.

I'm afraid to enter any comps cause I'll knw I'll end up winning lol. The Spencer hotel are running a comp for 2 tickets and dinner for 2 on there newsletter

Band rehearsing today and tomorrow in Croker. Think the opener will be 'Start me up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Zardoz wrote: »
    Irish Rail have cancelled the late night train to Cork after the concert.
    Further evidence of poor ticket sales.
    Disgraceful carry on to cancel it so late.

Tw@ts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Many comps for tickets?I might try

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

How many tickets did the chillies sell in 2012? I remember that been awful bad

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Saw on RTE earlier that 70000 is expected. Don't know how true that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

capacity for a gig is 80k for gigs. I would assume the overwhelming majority of tickets left are seated, as the the pitch "sold out" the morning the tickets went on sale. I got a pitch ticket, however if my only option was a seated ticket, I wouldn't bother going.

Looking forward to the gig. Few beers, watching the stones, and the weather looks good too. Hoping to see some of the academic if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

On Stage now doing a sound check. Guessing being the 1st night of the tour they might have to do a bit more sound checking to iron out any cracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Was Sean Spicer the reporter?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

€70,000 in ticket sales is more believeable!
    as the the pitch "sold out" the morning the tickets went on sale.
    Regular standing have been for sale on and off all along, I saw them still on sale yesterday. Many were duped into buying seats when they really wanted standing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Glad to see this isnt selling well. Maybe promoters might see that they cannot charge whatever they feel like and get away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Impressive

but1er wrote: »
    How many tickets did the chillies sell in 2012? I remember that been awful bad

Was at they myself, lots of empty seats. Reckon there was about 30/40000 at it . Aiken really should of put that and the Stones gig in The Aviva.

Anyway Thursday night is what it is and most of us here and going to the gig and will surly enjoy it. Don't be like the people who won't go cause 'ah they be nobody at it' etc. Prob head in for 5.30pm to get a look at the merch, remember at u2 last year the merch stand was very slow moving and ran out of stuff

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bcnHZDFlV0t5WEJlTERsUUF8MXlvS01rQWVPV1lKUZIvit0eKPkQuH7RegD5j5X9hbGOnpR7ReMU3DPxHGwN?t=1s

Footage outside of some of today's rehearsals. Wish the person who recorded it would keep there singing to themselves so we can hear the actual band lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Carless today and Croker is on my way home so walked down an hour ago. About 30 people hanging around and a fair amount of security/press.

Then traffic was stopped and Jagger's car came out.

Having been down I have to admit I'm feeling that unique "Stones gig" vibe now. Ready to drink a barrel load of wine and spend €€€ on merch I don't need and take in the bliss of it all that will never be repeated!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Dublinlive.ie saying that the Academic are due on at 7PM but no set time for the stones. I’m guessing 8:15-8:30. They also published a set list. Not sure how much faith to put in it, but here’s what they reckon:
    1. Sympathy for the Devil

2. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)

3. Tumbling Dice

4. Just Your Fool (Buddy Johnson and His Orchestra cover)

5. Ride 'Em on Down (Jimmy Reed cover)

6. Under My Thumb

8. Dancing With Mr. D

9. You Can't Always Get What You Want

10. Paint It Black

11. Honky Tonk Women

12. Happy

13. Slipping Away

14. Miss You

15. Midnight Rambler

16. Street Fighting Man

17. Start Me Up

18. Brown Sugar

19. Jumpin' Jack Flash

Encore:

20. Gimme Shelter

21. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

stimpson wrote: »
    Dublinlive.ie saying that the Academic are due on at 7PM but no set time for the stones. I’m guessing 8:15-8:30. They also published a set list. Not sure how much faith to put in it, but here’s what they reckon:

Not everyone wants to see a setlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Not everyone wants to see a setlist.

Spoilered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Was at they myself, lots of empty seats. Reckon there was about 30/40000 at it . Aiken really should of put that and the Stones gig in The Aviva.

Anyway Thursday night is what it is and most of us here and going to the gig and will surly enjoy it. Don't be like the people who won't go cause 'ah they be nobody at it' etc. Prob head in for 5.30pm to get a look at the merch, remember at u2 last year the merch stand was very slow moving and ran out of stuff

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bcnHZDFlV0t5WEJlTERsUUF8MXlvS01rQWVPV1lKUZIvit0eKPkQuH7RegD5j5X9hbGOnpR7ReMU3DPxHGwN?t=1s

Footage outside of some of today's rehearsals. Wish the person who recorded it would keep there singing to themselves so we can hear the actual band lol
    Wasn't expecting that song when I went to that link

I'd love to see them play it on Thursday

Rumours that free upgrades will be given out to people in some sections cause they decided to curtain them off ???

I'm in 333 and someone siad that's curtained off ??

I paid €197 for my ticket and fairly annoyed that people who paid less might be sitting in the same price section ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Wasn't expecting that song when I went to that link

I'd love to see them play that on Thursday

Either was I!
    Thanks for letting me know!

If you feel there is anymore songs that the band is trying to surprise us with, be sure to let us know so we can expect them and know if we like them or not in advance!

Advertisement