Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Wasn't that off the back of them selling out the 3Arena(The O2 back then) in minutes? Think MCD overstated the demand for them to play here again 7-8 months down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Weepsie wrote: »
    Many people remember their Landsdowne gig from 2002 and were probably put off stadium gigs for life (it was awful) and no John Frusciante....They'd have sold it out a decade earlier or just about.

They also played the Phoenix Park in 2004 which was dreadful and Oxegen in 2006. Which was dreadful.

The radio stations here for some reason played Universally Speaking on repeat for 5 years which brainwashed the masses. Trump tactics. Just repeat repeat and people will like it.

Look at the crowd here. Its like we just won the World Cup. People from Cavan and Longford going APESH!T.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Have seen RHCP three times live - Never there to see them, always support or other act. Each time they were terrible. Phoning it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Hmmm 70000 people expected downgraded to 60000 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Just noticed there is a tribute band called "The Rolling Stoned" playing the Academy on Friday night.

Tickets cost... wait for it... €33 a pop. THIRTY THREE EURO.

That is f**kin insane

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

lc180 wrote: »
    Just noticed there is a tribute band called "The Rolling Stoned" playing the Academy on Friday night.

That is f**kin insane

http://www.rollinstoned.com/rollinstoned-promo.html

they sound ok. Would it not of made sense for them to play tomorrow instead ??. Prob Ed controlling the shots

Speaking of Ed i wonder will he appear at the stones gig ???

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

PTH2009 wrote: »

Speaking of Ed i wonder will he appear at the stones gig ???

I would be surprised if he doesn’t tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,585 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

that ginger minger is like musically an etch a sketch compared to the stones who are paintings by monet in comparision. with my newly got gold tickets i might take one for the team and do a jarvis cocker on it lol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

The Nal wrote: »
    They also played the Phoenix Park in 2004 which was dreadful and Oxegen in 2006. Which was dreadful.

The radio stations here for some reason played Universally Speaking on repeat for 5 years which brainwashed the masses. Trump tactics. Just repeat repeat and people will like it.

Look at the crowd here. Its like we just won the World Cup. People from Cavan and Longford going APESH!T.

What's the problem with a song translating well to an audience live?

I've seen the Chilis a few times....Wouldn't be my favourite band but, the song is a good live song and gets people bouncing one way or the other

What exactly is wrong with that? And why does it matter if people from Cavan or Longford were at that gig?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭2cool4school

bclar12 wrote: »
    What's the problem with a song translating well to an audience live?

I've seen the Chilis a few times....Wouldn't be my favourite band but, the song is a good live song and gets people bouncing one way or the other

What exactly is wrong with that? And why does it matter if people from Cavan or Longford were at that gig?

its a tune for bumpkins i think is the point. easily excited they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

its a tune for bumpkins i think is the point. easily excited they are.

Jesus Christ...

IRELAND - IT'S ALMOST TIME! ☘️ #StonesNoFilter

The Rolling Stones take over Dublin's Croke Park this Thursday!

▪️Doors will open at 5pm.

▪️The support will be The Academic. The Academic will be on stage at 7pm followed by The Rolling Stones.

▪️Early queuing will not be permitted in the streets around Croke Park. This is a residential area and we ask ticket holders to please respect the privacy of the residents and the local community.

▪️We strongly advise the use of public transport. Bus, Rail, DART and LUAS transport options can all bring you within 15 minutes’ walk of the stadium. Plan your journey online from anywhere in Ireland to Croke Park via the Croke Park Journey Planner http://crokepark.ie/getting-here

Further concert information can be found right here ➡️ https://bit.ly/2Ili3vz

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Assume they'll be on around 8 so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

bclar12 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ...

Thread has gotten pretty cringy there alright

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭GuitarTown

Someone filmed a bit from the soundcheck today, It just a bit of the screens. Can see sections 336, 335 and half of 334 are gone and so is upper 736, 735 and 734. I'm in 334 so I just hope my seat made the cut :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYcp_t0zHqY&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I managed to swap my seating tickets for some gold circle tickets, really excited now.

Assume there wont be any ID check as the name on my new tickets isn't mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

So theirs 20,000 tickets somewhere, i know about 3 rolling stones and zero interest in paying. Must up the hunt tomorrow for freebies, im sure it be some gig

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    They've been harping on about this 'smaller than A4/A5' size bag since the Manchester bombing but I've never seen them actually strictly enforce it. We were at the Hans Zimmer gig in the Point just after that and they were making people with backpacks put them in a locker type set up they had outside. That was the only gig I've ever seen bags being taken off people. .
    Yeah I was at one in the point eddie vedder ,they dumped all the handbags around the side of the building and the contents in a bin bag. After the concert we had to dig through for them in the puddles.
    No security keeping an eye on them you could have walked away with any of them you wanted. I haven't gone to an aiken concert since and don't intend to ever again. Utter contempt shown for the concert goers

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

bleary wrote: »
    Yeah I was at one in the point eddie vedder ,they dumped all the handbags around the side of the building and the contents in a bin bag. After the concert we had to dig through for them in the puddles.
    No security keeping an eye on them you could have walked away with any of them you wanted. I haven't gone to an aiken concert since and don't intend to ever again. Utter contempt shown for the concert goers

I had heard the same thing from the Michael Bolton concert around the same time. Only in this instance a load of bags were stolen!

...... For the record I was not at this concert! Haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

That is f**kin insane

With the number of tickets still available for Croker, the cost will be around the same for the real band!

Voting open for the fan request song of the
    night!

https://mobile.twitter.com/RollingStones/status/996434839762096128

Voting closes tomorrow at 5pm.

so according to Wikipedia The Police sold out Croke Park on an October night in 2007 on there reunion tour

Is this True ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Yes. And it was awesome.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

The app isn't showing any tickets available, but the website will let me choose tickets and get to the end of the transaction before giving me a 20010 error...

Any idea what this is about? Its hardly a late sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

The app isn't showing any tickets available, but the website will let me choose tickets and get to the end of the transaction before giving me a 20010 error...

Any idea what this is about? Its hardly a late sell out?

I just checked now, plenty available, Gold, Pit, pitch GA etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

bleary wrote: »
    Yeah I was at one in the point eddie vedder ,they dumped all the handbags around the side of the building .... I haven't gone to an aiken concert since and don't intend to ever again.
    That's a bit harsh on Aiken, since it was an MCD event.

Same as that,

Best available - gold circle €187.85

Pitch standing available too - €77. 30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I bought my ticket about 3 weeks ago and still haven't received it in the post, what my alternative on the day if it doesn't show today?

Have the below message on my ticketmaster account

Dispatch Status
    We've received the tickets in for your event and we’re now starting to send them out. Don't panic if your friends get theirs before you – we send tickets out in batches, so they may not all arrive at the same time.

If you have not received your tickets within 72 hours of the event please contact us no later than 24 hours before the event.

• Advertisement

hooch-85 wrote: »
    I bought my ticket about 3 weeks ago and still haven't received it in the post, what my alternative on the day if it doesn't show today?

Email or ring them asap

They might send u an e ticket

Happend to me last week for another event, really annoying

Advertisement