Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Email or ring them asap

They might send u an e ticket

Happend to me last week for another event, really annoying

Yes very, i can't see any contact details on their site though, could you PM me please if you have them

Edit: Emailed them there, hopefully i hear back today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Whats the story with buying drink on the pitch, presume those lads with the Carlsberg backpacks will be walking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I hope 304 isn’t curtained off, I was very happy with the seats I got!!

Also, WHY are people mentioning ed Sheeran on this thread? What relevance has he got to the Stones? I don’t want him gatecrashing a gig I’ve been waiting on for YEARS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

I hope 304 isn’t curtained off, I was very happy with the seats I got!!

Also, WHY are people mentioning ed Sheeran on this thread? What relevance has he got to the Stones? I don’t want him gatecrashing a gig I’ve been waiting on for YEARS!

id say its down to him having the same promoter, being in the same city and having the night off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

I

recyclops wrote: »
    id say its down to him having the same promoter, being in the same city and having the night off

It was done before.

https://youtu.be/Zxc7ombQjk4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

recyclops wrote: »

oh jebus... It'll be time for a loo break if he comes on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Greg81 wrote: »
    It was done before.

https://youtu.be/Zxc7ombQjk4

i dont wanna see that bum on stage tomorrow night. Ill be disgusted if it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

thebull85 wrote: »
    i dont wanna see that bum on stage tomorrow night. Ill be disgusted if it happens.

who cares of Ed does a song with them? from that video all you wouldn't hear him anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

who cares of Ed does a song with them? from that video all you wouldn't hear him anyway.

Because its a rock concert, the people who wanna hear ed sheeran sing will hear him tonight in the phoenix park.

He doesnt deserve to be on stage with the stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

The Stones from 68-75 were the best band of all time. That includes the Beatles for me.

That said, I strongly believe they have a full band hidden away somewhere who are actually playing the tunes. As a guitarist, I've looked at footage of the Stones of late and what Keef is playing is not what's coming out of the speakers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Keyzer wrote: »
    The Stones from 68-75 were the best band of all time. That includes the Beatles for me.

That said, I strongly believe they have a full band hidden away somewhere who are actually playing the tunes. As a guitarist, I've looked at footage of the Stones of late and what Keef is playing is not what's coming out of the speakers.

They've had 7 or 8 backing musicians since the early 70s.

But Keef plays his bits. An hour 32 mins into this. Soloing like a motherfúcker. Ronnie being sober now helps. He carries the band.

And the rehearsals show it too. They actually sound quite bare when Keith and Ronnie don't play.

Because I don't like his music and I want what I paid for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I don't think I've ever seen a concert thread with so much hand-wringing and brow-mopping as this one.

If the support act is rubbish - who cares?
    If it's not a sell-out - who cares?
    If some sections are closed off - who cares?
    If they roll Ed Sheeran out - who cares?

None of this matters.

Do people not just want to go along, see one of the greatest bands in music history, and maybe enjoy the gig? They could bring out Ed Sheeran or Eddie the Eagle Edwards for a duet for all I care.

Yeesh

I don't think I've ever seen a concert thread with so much hand-wringing and brow-mopping as this one.

None of this matters.

Do people not just want to go along, see one of the greatest bands in music history, and maybe enjoy the gig? They could bring out Ed Sheeran or Eddie the Eagle Edwards for a duet for all I care.

Yeesh

Who cares? Maybe you don't but other people exist and they care.

Yes it matters, for me and others if organizers decide that we the captive audience will partake in whatever tomfoolery they decide. I wouldn't cross the road to see the other fella

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

I wouldn't cross the road to see the other fella

That's a tad harsh on poor Eddie the Eagle

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

The Stones will play for 2 hours +
    Ed if he turns up will be onstage for max 10 minutes! Pfft!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Keyzer wrote: »

I saw them 5 years ago and Keith was definitely playing his bits. Bum notes and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Who cares? Maybe you don't but other people exist and they care.

Yes it matters, for me and others if organizers decide that we the captive audience will partake in whatever tomfoolery they decide. I wouldn't cross the road to see the other fella

You shouldn't be going to this gig. There's no way you're going to enjoy it.

I hope he's boo'd off the stage

You shouldn't be going to this gig. There's no way you're going to enjoy it.

Thanks for deciding what I like and dont like. I'm looking forward to the stones. If eddie the eagle shows up I wont like that. What issue have you got with that?

• Advertisement

Are you making a point with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

you paid for whatever show the Rolling Stones choose to give you.
    and if they choose to give you Ed Sheeran, then that's what you'll take.

you paid for whatever show the Rolling Stones choose to give you.
    and if they choose to give you Ed Sheeran, then that's what you'll take.

Fair point!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

None of this matters.

Yeesh

What he said

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

As long as an onstage guest doesn't alter the flow of the gig, or make it all about them, then I don't mind who takes the stage with the main band for a song, at any gig. But you will never please everyone. Bono sang "because the Night" with bruce in croker in 2016, I loved the bonus of having bono there, as I'm a U2 fan. He walked on, sang a verse and a few choruses and left. However some people as usual were "outraged" as they "just paid to see Bruce, not that boll0x bono".

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

Anyone going to the UK gigs not received their tickets? I'm going to London Tuesday and haven't got them. It's ridiculous. Emailed AXS and nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Are you making a point with that?

Yeah, it's not worth getting upset about.
    It'll be only for one song.

I'm with you to a degree in not been a fan of these silly crowd pleasing antics, but sure if Ed turns up it's the decision of the band and he won't hang around long sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Clearly you've never ventured into the U2 thread...

Actually, that's usually balanced. Just one or two throwing grenades and running

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The Stones are famous for bringing any old slag up onstage to play with them. Yer one from the Corrs sang Wild Horses with them in 03. No need whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I hope they bring Brendan Kilkenny up on stage. His talents need to be recognised.

Advertisement