Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I hope they bring Brendan Kilkenny up on stage. His talents need to be recognised.
    Surely wee daniel's reimagining of Honky Tonk Woman deserves an airing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Surely wee daniel's reimagining of Honky Tonk Woman deserves an airing.

He does a mean version of Cocksucker Blues.
    bclar12 wrote: »
    Clearly you've never ventured into the U2 thread...

MarriedDimwittedBoto-size_restricted.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Where is the Box Office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

The Nal wrote: »
    He does a mean version of Cocksucker Blues.

MarriedDimwittedBoto-size_restricted.gif

You're a regular in there tbf.

Constantly pissing and moaning and saying everything is **** like in this thread.....Oh :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,585 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

suppin a beer and listening to down in the hole on stereo epic! getting the buzz now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Drinking game for the weekend

Drink everytime a post is put up saying 'The sound is Croker was shocking' etc

Cant wait for tomorrow. Hopefully there will be q decent atmosphere around town before it

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

AXS are bloody awful, got my parents tickets for Murrayfield and they have said there is an issue with my order and don't what it is, all l know is that the money was taken. Ticketmaster might be one of the worst places to get tickets but at least they send them out early.

i cant stop fartin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

i cant stop fartin

Is that on the set list?

i cant stop fartin

Is that on the set list?
    One of my all time fav's.

• Advertisement

Anyone officially knw what sections have been curtained off ???

Could get messy if they curtain off sections people bought tickets for and then there's nobody around to inform them ??

In 2016 at the Etihad Stadium in Manchester for the Stone Roses we got tickets in a section which ended up having a **** view of the stage but they had TM reps in the section who offered us a chance to move and we got brought down to the middle of the lower tier and had a great view.

Point of the story is if you have tickets in a section which (or you think might) be curtained off tomorrow GO INTO THE GIG WITH PLENTY OF TIME TO SPARE AND GET IT SORTED BEFORE THE STONES HIT THE STAGE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

What time will the stones be coming on stage and what time will they be finished at? Just got offered a free ticket but not sure if it suits

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

PTH2009 wrote: »
    GO INTO THE GIG WITH PLENTY OF TIME TO SPARE AND GET IT SORTED BEFORE THE STONES HIT THE STAGE

Then you have to watch the support. Id rather take my chances with the shít seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

What time will the stones be coming on stage and what time will they be finished at? Just got offered a free ticket but not sure if it suits

Pm you if you don't take the free ticket

The Nal wrote: »
    Then you have to watch the support. Id rather take my chances with the shít seats.

You can always go to the bar area and then come back out when the support is over

Planning on heading in early to get a good look at the merch stand and will prob give The Academic a listen. By Christ we should of got a decent support but what can ya do The stones are the main reason were there

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

On around 8 give or take 10 minutes.
    Finished up around 10.30 give or take 10 minutes.

Just my thoughts!
    Any chance of that free ticket? Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Could get messy if they curtain off sections people bought tickets for and then there's nobody around to inform them ??

A friend of mine bought a ticket for Coldplay last year near the stage ,they were sold as possibly restricted view tickets .
    She turned up on the day and they scanned her ticket and bizarrely told her that her seat had been tarped off and that she couldn't be admitted !
    Eventually after arguing her case she was left in and they gave her a terrible seat in the lower Davin stand .The poor girl was in tears and left the concert early.
    I never heard the like of it .

On around 8 give or take 10 minutes.
    Finished up around 10.30 give or take 10 minutes.

Just my thoughts!
    Any chance of that free ticket? Haha

Sound. Haha, can't man, ticket was from my mate but he'll be giving it to the girlfriend if I can't go. Bit sickened, Stones are my favorite band, was waiting years to see them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭2cool4school

Sound. Haha, can't man, ticket was from my mate but he'll be giving it to the girlfriend if I can't go. Bit sickened, Stones are my favorite band, was waiting years to see them

why didn't you sort it months ago in that case?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Anyone know if any of the pubs in Drumcondra or Dorset street have a jukebox? Few tunes be nice before heading to the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

As long as an onstage guest doesn't alter the flow of the gig, or make it all about them, then I don't mind who takes the stage with the main band for a song, at any gig. But you will never please everyone. Bono sang "because the Night" with bruce in croker in 2016, I loved the bonus of having bono there, as I'm a U2 fan. He walked on, sang a verse and a few choruses and left. However some people as usual were "outraged" as they "just paid to see Bruce, not that boll0x bono".

I was at that show and was delighted to see Bono on stage with Bruce and I am not a U2 fan.

why didn't you sort it months ago in that case?

Cause I'm an idiot, and am now doing something that I can't really get out of

thebull85 wrote: »
    Anyone know if any of the pubs in Drumcondra or Dorset street have a jukebox? Few tunes be nice before heading to the gig.

Remember the Living room on O Connell Street had a few u2 tunes on the day of last year's CP show. I imagine a lot of places will have Stones tunes on 2morrow be stupid not too

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭GuitarTown

In 2016 at the Etihad Stadium in Manchester for the Stone Roses we got tickets in a section which ended up having a **** view of the stage but they had TM reps in the section who offered us a chance to move and we got brought down to the middle of the lower tier and had a great view.

Point of the story is if you have tickets in a section which (or you think might) be curtained off tomorrow GO INTO THE GIG WITH PLENTY OF TIME TO SPARE AND GET IT SORTED BEFORE THE STONES HIT THE STAGE

You can see from this video what sections are blocked off when matched up to the seating chart below. In Croke Park the aisles are the centre of each block with seat #14 being one side of the aisle and seat #15 being the other side. So seat #1 isn't actually an aisle seat its in the middle of the row.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahj9sBSqx6I&feature=youtu.be

17657s.jpg?ext=.jpg

A friend of mine bought a ticket for Coldplay last year near the stage ,they were sold as possibly restricted view tickets .
    She turned up on the day and they scanned her ticket and bizarrely told her that her seat had been tarped off and that she couldn't be admitted !
    Eventually after arguing her case she was left in and they gave her a terrible seat in the lower Davin stand .The poor girl was in tears and left the concert early.
    I never heard the like of it .

A Disgrace

I'd flip out, imagine paying and them saying you're seat is gone so sorry u can't come in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

From that video it looks like Cusack Stand Block 303 has been largely curtained off, inexplicably.

304 thankfully has escaped.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

so according to Wikipedia The Police sold out Croke Park on an October night in 2007 on there reunion tour

Is this True ??
    why would you doubt/question this?

Spot the differences below and it might become more clear how some acts can sell out a stadium. From photos it seems the police's gold circle was also quite a bit smaller.

ticket_6_october_2007_courtesy_of_andy_finch_640.jpg

NmM3YTg0YTk0YmM1NjE4NzNlMzVjYjA1YjE2ZTJlNmQS_1d87wx1bcqxAIX8pDG7aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMzQxMmM3MjRmYWNhNmViNWJiOWVkNjM0NjhiYzQxODdlMDAzZDVmMWYyZDc1YzY1MTBiMGM5OGNlNzQ4YTY4NS5qcGd8fHx8fHw3MDB4NTI1fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

the-police-croke-park-2008-show.jpg
    Similar set up in regards with the seating taped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭the explorer

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahj9sBSqx6I

There doesn't seem to be a gold circle in this video, unless they will all be put in the pit instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

kWjoK9M.jpg

Thats the gold circle :)
    From that video it looks like Cusack Stand Block 303 has been largely curtained off, inexplicably.

304 thankfully has escaped.

comparing the stage to other gigs in croker, it looks like the stage is further into the pitch, so 303 would have a terrible view.
    Drinking game for the weekend

Drink everytime a post is put up saying 'The sound is Croker was shocking' etc

expect this thread to be full of those comments from around 8:15 tonight! In fairness, unless you are fairly close to the stage, the sound can be terrible.

Advertisement