Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The day we have been waiting years for is finally here

The barriers separating the pit/Gold circle and GA prob going up today. Unless it's all the one now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Can't wait for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

kWjoK9M.jpg

That's the gold circle :)

I'm not sure if the smiley face means happiness or that you're joking, but the section indicated with the red arrows is the Pit. They evidently hadn't put the Gold Circle barriers in when this was taken.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

I'm not sure if the smiley face means happiness or that you're joking, but the section indicated with the red arrows is the Pit. They evidently hadn't put the Gold Circle barriers in when this was taken.

its happiness! Gold Circle/Pit, its basically the same thing. My understanding is that a gold circle means you can pay extra and are guaranteed a spot in there and will get your wrist band on entry regardless of entry time, where as the a pit is not advertised and its first come first served on the day. I'm open to correction though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

The red arrows indicate the pit brothers. The 430 euro pit.

The Gold circle barrier is not up yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

its happiness! Gold Circle/Pit, its basically the same thing. My understanding is that a gold circle means you can pay extra and are guaranteed a spot in there and will get your wrist band on entry regardless of entry time, where as the a pit is not advertised and its first come first served on the day. I'm open to correction though.

You're wrong. Those areas that are arrived is pit a(left) and pit b(right). Gold circle will be back from that at front of ramp but before the GA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

As Kissy Lips has pointed out, Gold Circle/Pit is not the same thing. Gold Circle cost €181 and just gets you into a large section nearer the stage. It does not mean that first in would get the chance of being in the Pit with a wristband system. The Pit was a separately priced, premium ticket, costing €456, and it's split into two separate sections, either side of the walkway, depending on whether you get Pit A (Ronnie's side) or Pit B (Keith's side).

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

17657s.jpg

Gold Circle and Pit are different, and then so is general Standing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

aw right, I didn't realise there was a gold circle and pit. €181 for gold circle, and €456 for the pit! they know how to charge for a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

<wrong number>

I'm in 702. Absolutely side stage. Any ideas what the view/sound Will be like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

Funkfield wrote: »
    <wrong number>

Some say the best view, the back of Mick's head. Much nicer on the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Funkfield wrote: »
    <wrong number>

I'm in 702. Absolutely side stage. Any ideas what the view/sound Will be like?
    I'd say wait til 2 songs in, then head over to a different section and take some empty seats, there should be plenty

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Looking at the picture, the stage is taking up a lot of the pitch area. It's much deeper than U2 or Coldplays stages last year.
    General admission looks like it will be a long way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Be great if Bono turned up to do a duet with Mick and the boys...the place would go crazy for that I reckon. He turned up for Bruce so you'd never know...otherwise I'd be happy if Ed Sheeran turned up

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Be great if Bono turned up to do a duet with Mick and the boys...the place would go crazy for that I reckon. He turned up for Bruce so you'd never know...otherwise I'd be happy if Ed Sheeran turned up

Why does anyone have to turn up? As long as the stones are there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

They're on tour in America, only finished a gig an hour ago in LA. He won't be there.

Bono obviously, not Sheeran

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Why does anyone have to turn up? As long as the stones are there!

Can you imagine it Bono and Mick on stage toghether it would be class...anyway as you say even if he doesn't turn up it will be a class concert...

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

Not impossible but highly unlikely given U2 are on a North American Tour. Hardly going to fly back for a gig.

Think he is back next week to vote too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Can you imagine it Bono and Mick on stage toghether it would be class...anyway as you say even if he doesn't turn up it will be a class concert...

Bono made a bags of Because The Night with Bruce last time out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o42zmYN2_-k

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I remember being at that RHCP gig and loads of people with lower tier seated tickets being able to go out onto the pitch, granted that was very empty as pointed out. I doubt people will be able to do the same today, I have a standing ticket and my mate has a lower tier seated.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

Anyone know if the Ticketmaster caravan will be there selling tickets outside the venue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Anyone know if the Ticketmaster caravan will be there selling tickets outside the venue ?
    I've a spare standing ticket

pm me if interested

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Anyone know will section 706 be decent, or too far back? Upper Cusack, approx. midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JaMarcus wrote: »
    Anyone know will section 706 be decent, or too far back? Upper Cusack, approx. midfield.

U should have a great view of the stage but beware it's high enough

For those visiting Croke park for the first time you will be surprised how compact it is in person compared to the pics. Its still a big stadium mind u

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

I'm getting lucky dip tickets. Where is the worst place possible to get? And how awful is it? I've only ever been to a gig there and I was standing.

I'm 99% positive that I'll be getting the worst seats in Dublin, knowing my luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

RockDesk wrote: »
    I'm getting lucky dip tickets. Where is the worst place possible to get? And how awful is it? I've only ever been to a gig there and I was standing.

I'm 99% positive that I'll be getting the worst seats in Dublin, knowing my luck!

Will be interesting to see what tickets the lucky dippers get!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

wacotaco wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see what tickets the lucky dippers get!

:( I'm dreading it!

Advertisement