Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Dagenham Dave

Springsteen is playing Broadway until June 30th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

PTH2009 wrote: »
    cant seeing it being u2, GNR , The pope :D or Bruce Springsteen (rumours of a 2019 tour happening though)

Westlife and Fleetwood Mac are possible with Westlife a guaranteed sell out. Very good chance it could be Eminem (and the residents thought the GB crowd would be bad !!!) or Rolling Stones

Foos and Pearl Jam are good gueses but prob too big for them and Nathan Carter ??? could sell well with a solid support lineup

Knowing Irish promoters it will be a modern in the limelight pop act

Surely he wouldn't come close to Croke Park territory? I mean, he has a gig at Live at the Marquee this summer that hasn't sold out yet (by comparison, Coronas, Picture This x2, Jenny Greene, A-Ha and others have sold out the venue already) and frequently plays Cork Opera House, INEC, etc. I know he's popular but even with a strong support bill, he wouldn't come close to 80k!

Also can probably rule out Springsteen. Members of the E Street Band have stated that they're not touring this year. He's expected to bring his Broadway show on the road a little but I don't think it'll go outside of the US, with the possible exception of the West End. Either way, even if it does go on the road, it's an indoor, intimate show, not a stadium one.

Springsteen 2019 seems far more likely.

Are Fleetwood Mac touring this year? Hadn't seen any shows anywhere but that'd be great. Though, as others noted, they'd surely need a very strong support bill to sell out Croke Park.

U2 also makes no sense with their Dublin shows later in the year.

Is it definitely a May gig? 'Cos that would count against Eminem, if so. He's free then but all his European gigs are from the end of June onwards. Seems unlikely that he'd rock up for one show (with a presumably big production set-up that would be expensive to transport) and then disappear again for two months.

I'd say the Stones seems the most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Stones are defo looking around at UK/Irish stadiums

IMG_3205.thumb.PNG.e65719254fb992305c0fb3ba2bc0d0a8.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Nal wrote: »
    Stones are defo looking around at UK/Irish stadiums

IMG_3205.thumb.PNG.e65719254fb992305c0fb3ba2bc0d0a8.PNG

yeah the rumoured venues (according to the stones fourms) are
    Croke Park as we all knw
    Twickenham Stadium London (2 shows between 18-23 June)
    Old Trafford Manchester (Early June)

Watched a few videos from last years shows and everything seems to played in slow motion lol

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

My contact in music biz (holles st) said it’s the stones

• Advertisement

I'll only believe it when Paul Martin writes an exclusive

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

hawkelady wrote: »
    No hasn't been confirmed ?? Do you have inside info that it is them?

Inside info would be stretching it, but it's definitely Rolling Stones.

ive heard its the Hologram of Prince supported by the hologram of Roy Orbison and a david bowie tribute act :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

ive heard its the Hologram of Prince supported by the hologram of Roy Orbison and a david bowie tribute act :D:D:D

Utter nonsense. Roy Orbisons hologram is in Australia at that time. No way he could be in two places at the same time!

The hologram of Prince won't show up but it will play the bar in Vicar Street for 4 hours later that night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Irishgal2000

julyjane wrote: »
    it'll probably end up being someone like Take That

Take That aren’t touring this year

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Zico !

Do people think the stones would sell out croker? They are notorious for high priced tickets.

yes this would sell out in 10 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

fdun555 wrote: »
    Its going to be Bruce isn't it... :(
    No, if you were around this forum more you would see it was been spouted by a well known complete & utter sad cnutroll.
    fdun555 wrote: »
    GnR would be a terrible choice. It won't be them.
    I reckon they would sell it out (not sure if they are touring though), even though they only played recently, so would be a wise choice by any promoter. If you do not like them just say so, be clear about it, there is enough unnecessary confusion in this thread with sad arseholes making unobvious sarcastic comments. Many would have missed GnR in slane due to the long trek and horrible ordeal that it is. As would many who did not bother with the stones in slane last time.

The stones would attract older fans who were not willing for the trek to slane 10 years ago, and also younger fans -and of course those in between.

GNR wouldnt sell out croke park, no way. Loads of ppl were burned after seeing the sh1t show that is their latter day “performance” and would run a mile. Load of ppl said to me never again after their last show here.

I would go, depending on price. I could have got a slane ticket cheap, but then there is the ordeal to get there, and cost of transport, no way I was on for that -and I know others in the same boat. I know several who went to slane and would go if it was in croke park, said the performance was great, not the venue and hardship.

A huge amount of people would have said "SLANE, never again", that I heard a lot, and I always do after the ordeal that is slane, have said it myself at least twice. But I would have to go look at the thread at the time and media reports because I did not really recall many syaing "GNR, never again".

First I find on google
    https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/heres-what-guns-n-roses-slash-duff-mckagan-and-fans-had-to-say-about-slane-35766039.html
    May 29 2017 9:50 AM

It might have rained buckets, but nobody cared at Slane on Saturday as Guns N' Roses took the sodden stage in Co Meath.
    The concert received rave reviews from the critics while fans have been equally effusive on social media.

Back to my other post, I was not saying I think GNR are very likely to play, just asking the poster to make clear why it is a "terrible choice". Your post, like so many others here are leaving me confused and I expect others too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,128 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Its the Stones alright, cat is out of the bag around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

rubadub wrote: »
    I would go, depending on price. I could have got a slane ticket cheap, but then there is the ordeal to get there, and cost of transport, no way I was on for that -and I know others in the same boat. I know several who went to slane and would go if it was in croke park, said the performance was great, not the venue and hardship.

A huge amount of people would have said "SLANE, never again", that I heard a lot, and I always do after the ordeal that is slane, have said it myself at least twice. But I would have to go look at the thread at the time and media reports because I did not really recall many syaing "GNR, never again".

First I find on google
    https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/heres-what-guns-n-roses-slash-duff-mckagan-and-fans-had-to-say-about-slane-35766039.html

Back to my other post, I was not saying I think GNR are very likely to play, just asking the poster to make clear why it is a "terrible choice". Your post, like so many others here are leaving me confused and I expect others too.

What the hell is your point/s ?
    Apart from setting a new record for mentioning Slane ..... even though you wouldn't go to a gig there??? :confused:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Its the Stones alright, cat is out of the bag around town.

Ahh good.... More money saved .
    Enjoy ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

How long until an official announcement/ticket release do you reckon?

has anybody links to the bookies bets on these? the papers were all talking about them but I cannot find any on the sites. Some people here seem absolutely sure the stones are playing so should put a bet on, there were meant to be very good odds.
    greenspurs wrote: »
    What the hell is your point/s ?
    That I reckon GNR would sell out croke park...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Have they been given permission for the extra gig yet? I doubt they would release them before that after what happened with Garth.

• Advertisement

hopefully we should know by the start of march

Ill be angry if its the stones and it doesnt get the go ahead but if its a ****e pop act than ill be happy if it gets refused lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The Nal wrote: »

Hopefully it's announced soon but no guarantee a date in Croke Park is on the tour

http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-planning/outdoor-event-licence-applications

The info for the supposed rolling stones concert is OEL 0011-2018

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-planning/outdoor-event-licence-applications

The info for the supposed rolling stones concert is OEL 0011-2018

I'd love for this to go ahead but I wouldn't wanna be any one wanting to get home from work that evening..... Id say it will be an absolute mess on the roads :p

I'd love for this to go ahead but I wouldn't wanna be any one wanting to get home from work that evening..... Id say it will be an absolute mess on the roads :p

they just have to make other plans or take the day off work :pac::pac::pac:

residents could stop this gig though but what might go in CP favour is it will be the only event held there in May (no games etc)

wait and see i suppose but deff going if it happens

rumours the rolling stones tour will be announced on the 26th Feb but will the licence for CP be ready by then ??

looking like Dublin will be opening night, if it gets the green light. other venues on the tour are rumoured to be Murreyfield, Old Trafford or Etihad Stadium Manchester, St Mary's Southampton, Cardiff and Twickenham Stadium London

Right , looks like its the stRolling Bones....
    my interest ends... Adios..

https://www.iorr.org/tour18/

up to date info on the rumoured 2018 Rolling Stones UK & Ireland tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

greenspurs wrote: »
    Right , looks like its the stRolling Bones....
    my interest ends... Adios..

Should be a good gig in fairness

Advertisement