Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Joekers wrote: »

I take it thats the time of the press conference. Getting excited now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Huge Stones fan. Saw them in Glastonbury 5 years ago and while I really enjoyed it, they were well past their best. Another 5 years isn't going to have helped things there.

Will definitely be getting ticket though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Snow Patrol supporting the Stones would be a weird one imo , two very different bands (not saying it wont happen but just seems a bit of a random support)

Remenber Coldplay and Aluna George??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Remenber Coldplay and Aluna George??!!

those guys Kaleo (they do the song for the rugby ad) supported the stones last year on tour. They'd be pretty ok for Croke Park

expecting top seats to be €250 and cheap ones to be €100. standing will prob be €150-€180.🀀🀀

Hoboo wrote: »
    Would they not just pull the plug? And not just for MCD's ROI, but third parties. Id imagine a minimum ticket sale clause would be included in all contracts.

Not sure what MCD were thinking, Beyonce struggled to get the one night sold. It was full on the night but a lot of comps.

A dignified solution for all in this would be for DCC to pull a poker face and say no 4th concert. Swifty then agrees to give up her seat for the elderly and transfers the sold Sat tickets to the Friday or a refund.

I hope that poster above doesn't indicate ticket sales starting at 8 or 9 Monday morning, I'm smashed til Wed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

roadmaster wrote: »
    Did MCD just misjudge where the market was for Taylor Swift if sales are that bad for the second night ?

I'd say it was Swift's people. They probably demanded 2 nights. They obviously had it arranged but just released the first night initially. Then when a few other cities were announcing a 2nd night, Dublin did too.

Maybe they didn't want to release both together as the split could have been closer to 50/50 for both nights. But after seeing the sales for the first one, they should have just left it at that.

whatever residents are unhappy with the 4th show can they not go for a night away or go for a nice evening meal on the Southside and return when the noise is gone lol

unless Aiken have been quietly told there getting the licence then selling tickets and hoping for the best may be damaging

I reckon this is the last time we see the stones in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 49 livelife

With the tour announcement due very shortly this deserves it's own thread.

If gig announced 8am Monday - when will tix likely go on sale? Presale and general

If gig announced 8am Monday - when will tix likely go on sale? Presale and general

my guess is pre sales Weds 28th Feb and then public sale Fri 2nd Mar

im not sure what channels the pre sales go through and if its free to sign up. I did sign up for the offical mailing list

Always wanted to see the stones and have a very good chance now. Nothing is offical til its announced and those pesky few residents dont act up

They might have a backup venue somewhere, Aviva, RDS or Punchestown ??

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »

im not sure what channels the pre sales go through and if its free to sign up. I did sign up for the offical mailing list

Always wanted to see the stones and have a very good chance now. Nothing is offical til its announced and those pesky few residents dont act up

They might have a backup venue somewhere, Aviva, RDS or Punchestown ??

Aviva would be perfect if Croker falls through. I'll wager it's a done deal though.

They are still the gold standard on big stadium tours.

Aviva would be perfect if Croker falls through. I'll wager it's a done deal though.

They are still the gold standard on big stadium tours.

once it's not a open field gig I'll be happy

Punchestown is a nightmare for a gig and fits the same capacity as Croke Park

all very quiet

surely Aiken would have had a big mystery campaign thing running for Monday morning on Facebook, Twitter etc ???

possibly Dublin TBC will be on the stones tour itenery in the morning ???

edit this appeared on the stones pages

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Wheety wrote: »
    I'd love to know if the sales of the 2 Swift gigs would even add up to a sell out.
    I would love to know the sales figures. These 2 swift gigs, though poorly selling, could well have taken in more money than ed sheerans 2 sell out croker gigs did. You have to factor in the ludicrous prices, roughly twice the price of sheerans.

How many other big gigs have gotten pulled in recent years due to poor sales? Prince pulled the gig in croker but HE pulled it, not the promotors who AFAIK wanted it to go ahead. Prince was of course an eccentric character and might not wanted to played to a 2/3rd full place. His tickets were expensive too.
    The usual these days is to announce the gig and wait a lot longer than 2 days before going on sale. They do not reveal the prices at first, or else just say the bogus "tickets from a fiver" nonsense. This way you see a flurry on social media, people asking each other if they are on for going etc -suckering people into making plans and arrangements with friends before revealing the outrageous prices -then people do not want to let friends down by pulling out.

I did hear someone else say friday though, just seems to soon to me. Unless the stones have said this is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

all very quiet

surely Aiken would have had a big mystery campaign thing running for Monday morning on Facebook, Twitter etc ???

possibly Dublin TBC will be on the stones tour itenery in the morning ???

edit this appeared on the stones pages

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfoU5W5nmHA/

A poster version of that is on the gig notice board at butt bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Confirmed by Aiken just now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Tickets on sale Friday the 23rd thank ****

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

im amazed how many on here are concerned about Taylor Swift sales. Who cares ??

s8n wrote: »

No one is really concerned about Taylor Swift sales. Just talking about how the first gig still hasn't sold out and they added a second. Because of that, there's a possibility this may still be cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

s8n wrote: »

Can't see why you're amazed. There's a legitimate question over handing out a guaranteed Croke Park gig to an artist who's barely selling tickets for that gig versus a band who will sell out instantly yet are at the mercy of Dublin planning permission and potential cancellation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Now we just wait for prices

The Nal wrote: »
    Now we just wait for prices

I'm guessing €140 for standing. More for good seats, less for poor seats .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Wheety wrote: »
    I'm guessing €140 for standing. More for good seats, less for poor seats .

I'm sure they'll have all sorts of different Gold Circle type standing sections.

Will there be anything available for under €100?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ozzy jr wrote: »

it looks like there will be 3 prices for standing, 2 pits.

there will likely be a handful of token tickets for under 100, so in the coming days they can say "tickets from", or else declare a "from - to" price without declaring section prices. And so the media cannot have a good headline. As I said before...

-They do not reveal the prices at first, or else just say the bogus "tickets from a fiver" nonsense. This way you see a flurry on social media, people asking each other if they are on for going etc -suckering people into making plans and arrangements with friends before revealing the outrageous prices -then people do not want to let friends down by pulling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

ozzy jr wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll have all sorts of different Gold Circle type standing sections.

According to the email I got from London Stadium, London standing tickets are £90, Golden Circle are £250.
    No mention of seated prices but probably 90-250 as well if not higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

A dignified solution for all in this would be for DCC to pull a poker face and say no 4th concert. Swifty then agrees to give up her seat for the elderly and transfers the sold Sat tickets to the Friday or a refund.

That might work for standing tickets, but it would be a logistical nightmare for seated ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Rebel_dreamer

According to ticketmaster website tickets for Croke Park between €71 - €456

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

According to ticketmaster website tickets for Croke Park between €71 - €456

Bands are now worse than touts.

Hoboo wrote: »
    Bands are now worse than touts.
    Somewhere along the line artist's management have decided that as there are people willing to spend that much, it might as well go to the band instead of the touts.

Can't blame them really.

Top seats have been in the hundreds for quite a while now.

Standing are still usually decent. Although U2's latest were almost €100.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

interesting that the ticket sale date is 23rd march, the residents meeting is tonight.

no sure thing that they will get a licence for this.

Advertisement