Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to pay childminder for 2 kids

Options
  • 01-02-2018 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So my Daughter goes to a childminder full time, we pay 200 per week( No meals included ).

My wife will be returning to work soon, so will also be sending 8 month old .

From September Daughter starts her pre-school year, so will only be half day, but will need child minder to drop and collect.

We asked her for price, but she asked us what we think.

So, I was thinking €300 pw when Daughter in pre-school, and €350pw during summer, holidays etc when not in pre-school.

Would this sound about right ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Can I ask what hours you leave and collect the kids at, thanks

because I have a minder who minds my kids for 8 hours a week and does 1 drop off and 5 collections between my two kids. I pay her 70 euro a week.

I would pay your childminder €350 term time and €400 summer time

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

lukesmom wrote: »
    Can I ask what hours you leave and collect the kids at, thanks

Would be 8 to 5.30 with pickup hour earlier one day a week.

Seems a bit high to me. Creche with meals would work out cheaper than that ?

32 hours in total as your girl is going to be at pre-school. I would say €350

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Mr.S wrote: »
    €460 per week upwards I would have thought!

Seems way too high to me. I would say 350 would be more than fair.

Where you based on the country btw?

Mr.S wrote: »
    €460 per week upwards I would have thought!

That's too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

At our childminder we pay 2/3rds the price for a half day. I think that’s fair and using that as a guideline you’d probably be looking at about 320/330 a week in term time. Although that doesnt take into account any dropping and collecting.
    Definitely wouldn’t think anything over 400 as that’d be the full price for two children full time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭enricoh

I think you are spot on with your numbers op. E460 a week and probably the dole is nuts, I'd nearly do it myself!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Your numbers are spot on OP.If she didn't have to do the morning drop I would say maybe a wee bit less, but since she does it's essentially a full day.Ours is 60eur a day for the two, similar circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Seems very expensive have you priced a crèche full time one with a pre school that would take both of them. Probably work out a lot cheaper and everything is included except nappies and wipes. You also don't have a problem that the crèche wants to go on holidays or gets sick.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

ask the childminder?
    I in the past have given a 50% sibling discount.
    As a childminder once you earn over 15k PA you loose your tax exempt status so it was more then me just being far to them.
    I would charge 1200pm with all meals for 2 full timers 12 months of the year.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    ask the childminder?
    I in the past have given a 50% sibling discount.
    As a childminder once you earn over 15k PA you loose your tax exempt status so it was more then me just being far to them.
    I would charge 1200pm with all meals for 2 full timers 12 months of the year.

My wife did ask her, but she put it back on us asking what we think . I think what I was originally thinking is fair, just don't want to insult her if it was too low.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭superman28

75 euro per day would be reasonable I would have thought.

Advertisement