Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderation Feedback

• 01-02-2018 9:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

Clareman wrote: »
    It is, if you have a problem with a post report it and the mods will deal with it.

Considering there is an existing thread concerning Limerick Improvements, would it not be more appropriate in that setting.
    The Opera Centre is still Pie in the Sky for the foreseeable future.
    Therefore I consider my assertion perfectly reasonable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Considering there is an existing thread concerning Limerick Improvements, would it not be more appropriate in that setting.
    The Opera Centre is still Pie in the Sky for the foreseeable future.
    Therefore I consider my assertion perfectly reasonable.

Agree with you here, this thread is for new businesses opening.

If I want to read about the planning aesthetics of the Opera Centre it should be somewhere else.

Not a business opening.

Why have a mod if they are unable to moderate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

kfrp wrote: »

That line of questioning isn't probably going to go down well

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

We have gone around in circles a lot in here about the moderation styles, it has been agreed (thanks to feedback) that the moderators here would be reactionary rather than proactive, hence if you have an issue with a post report it and we'll deal with it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

kfrp wrote: »

Moderators are just users with extra buttons, it's the community that makes boards, if moderators were to overhandly moderate every discussion the place would just be moderators opinions.

I've pulled these posts out of the Business Opening thread as there was a risk of that thread being derailed into a moderation feedback thread. #

Generally on boards questioning a mods decision will lead to an infraction but there's not much point in doing that if it's just a discussion so I thought I'd start a new thread. We've had full feedback threads in the past with rules and timelines but I don't think there's a need for that just now, if you disagree let me know and I'll set 1 up.

As a bit of background, in the past we used to moderate this forum in an extremely proactive way, we'd action posts without posts being reported and also hand out cards a lot, this did cause negative feedback so we changed the style of moderation to be a reactionary type where we'd only deal with reported posts, this (in my opinion) works well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Can ye bring back that drifter lad....he was a fooking legend!

dashoonage wrote: »
    Can ye bring back that drifter lad....he was a fooking legend!

Sure all past, present and future mods of the Midwest are legends

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Clareman wrote: »
    Sure all past, present and future mods of the Midwest are legends

That's... That's the kindest thing you've ever said about me. :'(

:pac:

That's... That's the kindest thing you've ever said about me. :'(

:pac:

Sh1te, can I edited my post???? :P:P:P:pac::pac:

You're not the worst I suppose..........

Advertisement