Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Another clean sheet for Karius, he's had a few since coming back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

When will Lallana play a good game?

I would consider selling him if a good bid arrived in the summer.

On form he is a very good player but too injury prone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Big icepack on Hendo's thigh. He was limping a bit towards the end. Might just be a dead leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

MD1990 wrote: »

He was grand tonight, better than anything Gini has produced lately. No way would I want to see him sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Hendo getting strapped up on the pitch possible doubt for sat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

What's with all the hate for the Porto fans??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

robwen wrote: »
    Hendo getting strapped up on the pitch possible doubt for sat

Didn't think Klopp would play him twice in a week anyway, I think he tends to injure a fair bit since his plantar fasciitis thing...

Harsh: He's coming back from injury and tonight was a very good run out for him.

People seem to forget he was one of our best players last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

They weren't very respectful of the minute silence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

murpho999 wrote: »
    Another clean sheet for Karius, he's had a few since coming back.

Good for him to get one without VVD as well.

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »

Oh. Well played lads!! :rolleyes:

martyos121 wrote: »
    He was grand tonight, better than anything Gini has produced lately. No way would I want to see him sold.

Gini plays a much different role in CM

Grand isn't good enough playing in the front 3 & taking about 6 touches while 1 or 2 are required.

He will be 30 in the summer. Needs to start playing better very soon imo.

Milner coming into great form providing another option in CM has come at the perfect time with Coutinho gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Goal Grujic.

Gini plays a much different role in CM

Grand isn't good enough playing in the front 3 & taking about 6 touches while 1 or 2 are required.

He will be 30 in the summer. Needs to start playing better very soon imo.

I'd stick lallana in the middle 3, with some of our flare players behind him. It's his best position, doesn't score enough to play up front

Fieldog wrote: »
    Didn't think Klopp would play him twice in a week anyway, I think he tends to injure a fair bit since his plantar fasciitis thing...

Be 3 games in a week if he plays against United. Seemed to tell Klopp he was grand when they embraced on pitch

Be 3 games in a week if he plays against United. Seemed to tell Klopp he was grand when they embraced on pitch

Sorry to be argumentative but it will not be three games in a week.

They're played Saturday, Tuesday and again on Saturday.

So the Saturday game is a new week and they have played 2 games in one week.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Sorry to be argumentative but it be three games in a week.

They're played Saturday, Tuesday and again on Saturday.

So the Saturday game is a new week and they have played 2 games in one week.

Okay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

I know he had an injury set back but you'd be hoping by now he'd be showing some of what he was capable of last season but that's eluding him at the moment. It's hard to see him breaking into the starting eleven for the rest of the season so it's a bit of a throwaway season for him thus far, I think we are all well aware what's he's capable for this team under klopp but he really could do with getting up to speed again.

All that being said we've essentially strolled into the last 8 of the champions league and its an amazing feeling, looking forward to the draw now Friday week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

If Hendo is able to play United then great, hopefully he didn't take much of a knock, said he was fine just a dead leg in the post match interview....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Since when is "o" a number? Zero is a number. Nil is a number, even nothing is a number, but "o"? Surely that's a letter? Might look like a number in upper case, but still very much a letter.. Is 5 going to be pronounced "s" in future? No of course it isn't. So leave 0 (zero) alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Think back to your hopes for the season last August.

We're in great shape in the league and we're into the 1/4 finals of the champions league.

Not too shabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Probably looking at a midfield 3 of can, wijnaldum and ox on Saturday. That was the midfield 3 against city I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

garra wrote: »
    Since when is "o" a number? Zero is a number. Nil is a number, even nothing is a number, but "o"? Surely that's a letter? Might look like a number in upper case, but still very much a letter.. Is 5 going to be pronounced "s" in future? No of course it isn't. So leave 0 (zero) alone!

2849.jpg

:D

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »
    2849.jpg

:D

Yeah a bit bored watching that match so my fascination with using letters instead of numbers had to keep me entertained, along with wondering how Can is pronounced Yann.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

How is nothing a number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Goal Grujic.

Cracking goal as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Easily the best part of the game

https://streamable.com/213de

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

monkey9 wrote: »

How do you know that was Porto fans and not Liverpool fans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sheyi Ojo back from injury played an hour in 3-0 win. Fulham are absolutely flying, they are surely going to win the play offs if they don't catch Cardiff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

radiata wrote: »
    How do you know that was Porto fans and not Liverpool fans?

They were in the Porto section wearing Porto jerseys, chanting, "Porto! Porto!".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Knex. wrote: »
    They were in the Porto section wearing Porto jerseys, chanting, "Porto! Porto!".

I bet they all wore half-and-half scarves too, the evil bastards.

Love these videos.

Amazed how van Dijk was celebrating the goal before Ox had completed the pass to Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

You and Murpho999 were made for each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Easily the best part of the game

https://streamable.com/213de

Salah could score some amazing individual goals if he keeps moving forward, he should never cut back, has the ability to do what Messi does, take on 3 or 4 at a time.
    Amazing take down though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Highlights from last night

-5CbnZqUJ5p2eD3EB0lT6qhwuEw=.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

FAKE NEWS!!

Just back from the game.

Always a dead rubber of a game so hard to judge performances properly.

Lads at the back of the Kop sang for 90mins. Probably the highlight of the game!

Roll on the quarters

• Advertisement

Interesting in Klopp's press conference last night where he says that 20 minutes run out for Salah last night in a match is better than training and as he had this he will not train this morning and that training is also an injury risk.
    Certainly a different mentality from most coaches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Getting back to the Quarters of the CL for the first time in nine years is, for me, a significant milestone. It is necessary to become adept at progressing in the CL while maintaining that 2ppg baseline in the league. That's the platform from which, depending on just how good you are, you might win the big trophies. In Klopp's first season progression in Europe and the League Cup came at the expense of league form. Last year we didn't have European football and just about met our league commitments. This season thus far is a demonstrable step in the right direction.

Don't get me wrong, there are still problems and questions and we need to improve a fair bit yet. That's football though, there are few enough occasions where you're top of the world and untouchable. It's important to enjoy little moments like this. Playing good football and things to look forward as you come into the spring. Not every year over the past decade has been near as good as this, so enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I'd rather avoid English teams next, except maybe Chelsea if they got through.

I'd be happy to play any of the other ones.

We'll have to do it eventually.

I think it'd be a fantastic game against Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The winner of Roma / Shaktar please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The winner of Roma / Shaktar please.
    U have to hope for that draw , 
     Real to get Sevilla :) 
    Juventus to get Bayern ,
    Barcelona to get City,

mosstin wrote: »
    You and Murpho999 were made for each other.

You mean Murph-0999?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,673 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

U have to hope for that draw , 
     Real to get Sevilla :) 
    Juventus to get Bayern ,
    Barcelona to get City,

Basle, please.

Or Sevilla, if they get past United: we have unfinished business down there.

Seriously, though - I don't mind. We have to play the top teams at some point and if we get knocke out in the last 8 by one of them, then so be it. As long as we don't get hammered!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Absolutely fantastic to see us in the quater finals of the champions lge,its a very exciting time for the club and the fact that we can even dream of winning it makes the hairs stand on edge,a friend of mine was even planning the trip to Kiev last night like we were already there,that made me smile but it's a great feeling and why not.
    Now let's spank the mancs on sat and really get the buzz going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reports today that Sessegnon wants to join Liverpool over other clubs if Fulham don't get promoted he wants to play for Klopp.

He could be the cover for the front three I think he now more a winger than a fullback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Sevilla are the very definition of our bogey team, despite there being one simple way to beat them and I think we all know what it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement