Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

No need to say who's stats these are
    102 touches
    93% pass completion
    5 out of 7 take ons
    5 tackles
    2 key passes
    1 assist

One Man Army

https://streamja.com/734

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Keita looks such a good signing from the bits I have seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

I don't know if we've ever had a player who's blamed off-field issues for poor performances as often as Lovren. Matip's underperformed at times - no stories. Moreno underperforms every time he takes the pitch - no stories (other than taking his hoverboard for a walk). And so on.

Always a story with Lovren.

mosstin wrote: »
    I don't know if we've ever had a player who's blamed off-field issues for poor performances as often as Lovren. Matip's underperformed at times - no stories. Moreno underperforms every time he takes the pitch - no stories (other than taking his hoverboard for a walk). And so on.

Lovren seems to be often looking for sympathy.

He would actually get more if he stopped taking about his problems in the media so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

I'd have Matip ahead of Lovren every time.

Matip hasn't set the world alight but Lovren will always have a calamitous brainfart in his armoury!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Alonso77 wrote: »

Matip hasn't set the world alight but Lovren will always have a calamitous brainfart in his armoury!!

He has looked more solid with VVD beside him and Matip hasn't fully convinced of late either. I'd start Lovren on Saturday (I think he will) but just get on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

One Man Army

So good even Mancini applauded :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Alonso77 wrote: »

Disaster follows Lovren. If it's not leaving a war torn country as a child its the missus having affairs or his house being burgled. Bleedin drama queen. Fits in well at the club in fairness.

Having said that I would have him ahead of Matip, who is too passive for my liking. Backs off every challenge and is lightweight in aerial duels, with no great pace or superior awareness to make up for it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

One Man Army

Only 23 as well so he's going to get even better. Especially under Klopp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Surprising he's still with the wife

• Advertisement

safe_image.php?d=AQBlEAzhn_zqseXd&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi792.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fyy206%2FMasterdebater_2010%2Frvjalc.gif&ext=gif&_nc_hash=AQDY3zyCJyBXL77c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

He has looked more solid with VVD beside him and Matip hasn't fully convinced of late either. I'd start Lovren on Saturday (I think he will) but just get on with it.

Against spurs recently he was grand until that moment where his foot turned to fog and the ball passed through his flesh and into Kane's path.

Sums him up , bizarre mistakes leading to dangerous situations.

Matip is nowhere near as risky looking back at both their overall performances IMO

However, Klopp seems to know what's best and as long as we're doing well then so be it.

I just don't trust Lovren...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I'd have klavan instead of both Lovren and Matip,hes a better cb then both tbh,wont happen though
    He's not as calamitous as Loren and not a chicken **** like matip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

This season, when called upon, Klavan's been our best CB of the Lovern, Matip trio. VVD seems to have helped Lovern raise his game though and I reckon Klopp favours him of the three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I don't know if we've ever had a player who's blamed off-field issues for poor performances as often as Lovren.

Didn't David James have problems because Playstation?

Lovren always has to go chatting to the media when he's not making mistakes on the pitch........ a few good games and he's a mouthpiece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

31n2d3eb5pk01.jpg

When I'm Liverpool 2005 CL edition. Good craic.

https://streamable.com/cacxz

Knex. wrote: »
    31n2d3eb5pk01.jpg

Lukaku will target Lovren tomorow.

VVD bullied him last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

MD1990 wrote: »
    Lukaku will target Lovren tomorow.

VVD bullied him last season.

But VVD will target him :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did anyone else see that the Superthread will be closed during the match? Theres a sticky in the Soccer Forum.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Did anyone else see that the Superthread will be closed during the match? Theres a sticky in the Soccer Forum.

Well that kinda deems it pointless......

I'll be in a pub medicating myself during the borefest anyway!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057849547

Probably a good idea really, there's normally stuff being volleyed between 3 threads and it's hard to keep up if you're only looking at 1 of them!

Ah that's mental. Also seeing they said don't discuss it, which seems daft in itself. I wouldn't have known if TG hadn't posted about it here. I never look at the sticky threads.
    In the meantime, please do not discuss this in the forum. I don't think anyone should attempt to pre-judge what the ultimate conclusion will be, and equally I and the local mods would like to see how this goes without anyone kicking off beforehand about the draconian actions of an Admin

The entire forum will be a ghost town before long if we're actively encouraging people not to post.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057849547

Probably a good idea really, there's normally stuff being volleyed between 3 threads and it's hard to keep up if you're only looking at 1 of them!

Plenty of fans from both teams don't use the match thread though. In fact there has been very few match threads in the last two years.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Plenty of fans from both teams don't use the match thread though. In fact there has been very few match threads in the last two years.

I don't, so when I start reading through this one and there is a reference to the match thread or the opposition thread, and the reference picks up steam....the thread turns to a mess and I have to go looking elsewhere to figure out what's happening.

So having just one thread may make my life a little easier

I don't, so when I start reading through this one and there is a reference to the match thread or the opposition thread, and the reference picks up steam....the thread turns to a mess and I have to go looking elsewhere to figure out what's happening.

So having just one thread may make my life a little easier

You won't have anywhere to post though if the trial is approved and Superthread are closed during games.

You won't have anywhere to post though if the trial is approved and Superthread are closed during games.
    Match thread?

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Ah that's mental. Also seeing they said don't discuss it, which seems daft in itself. I wouldn't have known if TG hadn't posted about it here. I never look at the sticky threads.

The entire forum will be a ghost town before long if we're actively encouraging people not to post.

It's mental. I only learned during the week you can't say nasty things about players. I.e. even if they are true, like if someone was a proven cheat/diver. This can be reported and you can get a warning.

It's getting to the stage where we'll have pre-set replies to each other that we can choose from, that get read by mods before being published.

I love too that mods can be hardcore fans of other teams, and single out fans for "special" treatment. Selective modding and double standards seem rife. Such a pity.

Just let people at it! The ignore feature is far better than any bloody mod.

The only rule should be that reporting a post gets you an automatic yellow card, not the poster themselves. Like waving an imaginary card at a referee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The ignore feature is far better than any bloody mod.

The ignore feature is great for one party who has a poster on it but not for everyone else who see that ignore poster constantly replying to the poster who has him on ignore and the ingore poster never gets the hint that they are on ignore.

Which happen quiet a lot on this thread.

The ignore feature would also be a lot better if you couldn't see the poster you have on ignore being quoted the whole time.

It's mental. I only learned during the week you can't say nasty things about players. I.e. even if they are true, like if someone was a proven cheat/diver. This can be reported and you can get a warning.

It's getting to the stage where we'll have pre-set replies to each other that we can choose from, that get read by mods before being published.

I love too that mods can be hardcore fans of other teams, and single out fans for "special" treatment. Selective modding and double standards seem rife. Such a pity.

Just let people at it! The ignore feature is far better than any bloody mod.
    Can't overly criticise Man Utd,Chelsea or Mourinho those are the rules.

The ignore feature is great for one party who has a poster on it but not for everyone else who see that ignore poster constantly replying to the poster who has him on ignore and the ingore poster never gets the hint that they are on ignore.

Which happen quiet a lot on this thread.

The ignore feature would also be a lot better if you couldn't see the poster you have on ignore being quoted the whole time.

Very true (sorry in advance to all those who've got Coulson on ignore :pac: )

Match thread?

You said you don't use the match thread?

• Advertisement

You said you don't use the match thread?
    But i can easily start using it instead of the superthread while the match is on.

I previously didn't as I would have had the superthread and match thread to negotiate which would be a little too much to juggle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

TitianGerm wrote:

It's the race for (a distant) 2nd place. Imagine if it were first they'd just close the Soccer forum for 2 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

I don't see the big deal. Match threads have light touch modding in recognition of the heated emotions going on during a match.

Closing the super threads for the duration of the game and forcing those who want to post comments on the game during the game into the Match thread seems like a practical thing to do.

Once the game is over we can continue to discuss / review the game and performances etc as normal in the re-opened superthreads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Feck the fecking match thread lads, go to the pub for the match and get locked, you'll need it watching what will be an absolute snoozefest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Once the game is over we can continue to discuss / review the game and performances etc as normal in the re-opened superthreads.

I love the way you wrote this as if they are an educated conversation over mulled wine. Instead of "oh they are sh!t & here are a load of memes I found on social media to prove that".

• Advertisement

Big deal if the thread is closed for the match.

I don't see the problem.

Storm in a teacup.

Anyway, is it Saturday yet!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

fair warning guys and girls. An admin told ye not to discuss on thread. Next person to discuss and/or question moderation on thread gets a card

It's such a p!le of sh!te. Really like. You'd swear there were lives at stake. We're just a bunch of eejits killing time at work or during boredom on a forum shooting the sh!t about a bloody game of football.

I think mods should only be fans of fake teams like Aston Villa and Leeds and Arsenal. Teams competing at the top should not have mods ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

74Vj.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Same as it ever was.

I don't go anywhere near the match thread for these type of games anyway and won't start tomorrow and here is shut so guess it's best just to log off for a while.

Is Gini going to get in ahead of The Ox tomorrow? I think so in an effort to be a little more cautious in midfield.

presser starting soon as well.

Is Gini going to get in ahead of The Ox tomorrow? I think so in an effort to be a little more cautious in midfield.

Think Ox will start but mainly because he was rested against Porto midweek. Could be wrong.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement