Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I won't say a game like this is made for Ox, but he's the type of player who could make hay where gaps are left by the likes of Pogba. I'd be starting him anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I won't say a game like this is made for Ox, but he's the type of player who could make hay where gaps are left by the likes of Pogba. I'd be starting him anyway.

If Pogba and Sanchez are both playing left sided, there would be a good chunk of space there for Ox to use.

Actually this is not needed to be discussed now, Klopp just said Gini is on his way back to fitness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Ox, Can, Hendo, Milner. It's a tough one to pick 3. I'd go with dropping Can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Think Ox will start but mainly because he was rested against Porto midweek. Could be wrong.

It'll depend,

If Klopp is going all out attack he'll use Ox, otherwise Gini will be brought in to shore up the Midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

MrMac84 wrote: »
    fair warning guys and girls. An admin told ye not to discuss on thread. Next person to discuss and/or question moderation on thread gets a card

Hide behind the threat of cards, ffs. Its written right there in the charter: match discussion is allowed in the Superthreads. Trying to outlaw discussion on such a massive change is beyond draconian. At least have the courage to discuss your decision and why it was made, but no... the admin says you can't... cowards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd start Can, Milner & Ox in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Vicxas wrote: »
    It'll depend,

If Klopp is going all out attack he'll use Ox, otherwise Gini will be brought in to shore up the Midfield.

Klopp won't go all out attack, he didn't at anfield so it would be a surprise to see him go for it at old Trafford.

Maybe thinking nothing to lose anymore now top 4 is pretty much sown up?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Glico Man wrote: »
    Hide behind the threat of cards, ffs. Its written right there in the charter: match discussion is allowed in the Superthreads. Trying to outlaw discussion on such a massive change is beyond draconian. At least have the courage to discuss your decision and why it was made, but no... the admin says you can't... cowards.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Handing one particular lad the perfect opportunity to ban a load of yiz before tomorrow. Don't fall for it.

• Advertisement

Klopp won't go all out attack, he didn't at anfield so it would be a surprise to see him go for it at old Trafford.

Maybe thinking nothing to lose anymore now top 4 is pretty much sown up?

Top 4 is nowhere near sown up, Chelsea would need to be double digits behind with 3 games to go before i'd feel confident.

Start the team that started against City just replace one of the CB’s with VVD.

I'd like the Can from that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Here's a novel idea, just watch the game instead of posting on here. I can never understand people posting during a game especially one as big and tense as this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

rob316 wrote: »
    Here's a novel idea, just watch the game instead of posting on here. I can never understand people posting during a game especially one as big and tense as this.

It kinda can ruin a game. Can interrupt the visual absorption of the match. I don't see a 0-0 here, I see one team getting all the breaks and wining easily. It could be either side that does that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Or just let people do what they want to do.

• Advertisement

Match thread game while listening to Alan Smith/Gary Neville & Martin Tyler :mad:

I'd take Glenn Hoddle sitting beside me for 90 minutes telling me I was bad in a previous life than what will happen tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I tend to post on the forums at half time. Personally like checking in to see if how the game is going down with the other users in the forum and then anything I've noticed myself.

Even in the pub with people or at a match I would whip the phone out for 5-10 minutes to have a quick browse at the break. Some may be watching alone and want to post more often, each to their own in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

tenor.gif?itemid=5098406

It's a bit 'out there' but I really feel it could work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Vicxas wrote: »
    Top 4 is nowhere near sown up, Chelsea would need to be double digits behind with 3 games to go before i'd feel confident.

I can appreciate the feeling, but it's pretty much done and dusted.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Guys, Ive took the liberty of opening Beasty's thread if anyone wants to discuss the decision to trial this approach to big match days:https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=106387438#post106387438

I think we can all agree this has been a bit of a cluster**** so I would appreciate if we could move the discussion about this out of the superthreads and over to the above thread so people can stick to discussing football here.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I'm gonna try this tomorrow. Game prediction: 1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Karius

Trent - Lovren - VVD - Robertson

Ox - Henderson - Can

Salah - Firmino - Mane

That's who I'd play but have no problem if Milner plays instead of Henderson or Can depending on how fit they all are but the Ox has to start for me.

Gomez - just missing the match sharpness to throw him in and Trent deserves his starting spot.
    Matip - I rate Lovren ahead of him and Lovren likes to get stuck in against Lukaku.
    Gini - He's been sick and his away form is not something we need in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Fromvert wrote: »
    Karius

Trent - Lovren - VVD - Robertson

Ox - Henderson - Can

Salah - Firmino - Mane

That's who I'd play but have no problem if Milner plays instead of Henderson or Can depending on how fit they all are but the Ox has to start for me.

Gomez - just missing the match sharpness to throw him in and Trent deserves his starting spot.
    Matip - I rate Lovren ahead of him and Lovren likes to get stuck in against Lukaku.
    Gini - He's been sick and his away form is not something we need in this game.

Id have Milner in for Ox otherwise you're good to go. If you play Ox then the fullbacks will have to sit. Milner gives more cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

amber69 wrote: »
    Id have Milner in for Ox otherwise you're good to go. If you play Ox then the fullbacks will have to sit. Milner gives more cover.

Yeah I can see that reasoning. My preference for the Ox is the extra pace in midfield, especially for when we win it back in our half or midfield, he can carry the ball forward quickly or join in with the front three. His pace and running off of United's midfield could cause them problems.

Lads,

Watch this and cheer yourselves up:

https://streamable.com/cacxz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Lovren or Matip alongside VVD? I'd go for Lovren, he seems to be playing better now and a bit more settled than when paired with Matip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

TitianGerm wrote: »
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    fair warning guys and girls. An admin told ye not to discuss on thread. Next person to discuss and/or question moderation on thread gets a card

Is there a reason you have issued the warning in here but not in the United thread? Seems they have had a much longer chat than here but yet only here has had a warning?

Not sure if I'm allowed ask this so apologies if I'm out of line?
    Typical utd bastaard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

TAA likely to start this one? Seems like he's now first choice ahead of Gomez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Logged on earlier and thought I read that they weren't opening a match thread for tomorrow's match but that folk were free to discuss the match in their respective superthreads. Fair enough I thought, I rarely post in match threads anyway. But just reading it again now, they're closing the superthreads???
    Jesus, this place has turned into an absolute joke recently, hasn't it? I'm also guessing that there's probably some diktat that we're not even allowed to discuss this insanity. Which probably means that this post is a cardable offence. Couldn't give a bollocks. Boards is doing a wonderful job of writing its own obituary.

• Advertisement

If it were me I'd close both supethreads and open the match thread, but then I'd close that as soon as the ball is first kicked. Then I'd laugh. For ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

radiata wrote: »
    Typical utd bastaard!
    This is unreal

:pac:

Salah - the man who revolutionised public votes.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/972064974108610561

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Forget black power, #metoo, and the alt-right Mo Salah is more influential than the People's Front of Judea

Salah has also brought back chants & songs to terraces.

What was the one a few weeks back Sturridge never got a song and after few months Salah has 6 number 1's three album and a greatest hits out.

U23s v UTD at the moment. On lfctv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

He's a good kid our Trent...

1.0 pool. Adam Louis top corner. Some goal

This is great

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

So we’re back to normal now?

Blondie919 wrote: »
    So we’re back to normal now?

A bizarre day on dearly departed Boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I’d say it’s a temporary victory at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

2014 we went to old trafford and i just knew we would hammer them, been feeling the same sort of way all week.

I’ll still be here tomorrow but as usual I won’t post much while the match is on. Maybe at HT or FT.

2014 we went to old trafford and i just knew we would hammer them, been feeling the same sort of way all week.

I think we will win but don’t know about a hammering. Just hope Salah scores. Been winding up Utd workmates all week hope it’s not in vain

• Advertisement

If true, get iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

https://twitter.com/Oliver__Bond/status/972222900014145536

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

mosstin wrote: »
    If true, get iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

https://twitter.com/Oliver__Bond/status/972222900014145536

Hope it's true!

Was just reading this over on "Joe" : https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/robert-firmino-liverpool-secrets-167144

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Hope he signs, he's been immense this season and I'd hate to see his contract run short/out

Hard to believe folk got so hot and bothered about where to post for 2 hrs on a Saturday afternoon :)

no harm done anyway

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Apparently Manchester Evening News reporting that Pogba and Martial are out tomorrow? I'd prefer if it was Lukaku and Matic, but still.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement