Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

5starpool wrote: »
    Apparently Manchester Evening News reporting that Pogba and Martial are out tomorrow? I'd prefer if it was Lukaku and Matic, but still.

And throw in De Gea for good measure

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

mosstin wrote: »
    If true, get iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

https://twitter.com/Oliver__Bond/status/972222900014145536

Andy Heaton (of the Anfield Wrap) says this in't true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

City in for Lemar now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

mosstin wrote: »
    If true, get iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

https://twitter.com/Oliver__Bond/status/972222900014145536
    5starpool wrote: »
    Andy Heaton (of the Anfield Wrap) says this in't true.
    City in for Lemar now.

The beatings will continue until morale improves. :mad:;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Grayditch wrote: »
    Same as it ever was.

letting the days go by

Typical Pogba would be injured against us :rolleyes:

Stroke of luck for Utd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Oliver Bond knows about as much as Brooke Bond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I doubt Pogba is going to be out tomorrow tbh, MEN are just reporting he wasn’t with the team on the coach to the Lowry, he suffered a gash to the leg so I reckon he was just getting that stitched up and will be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

astradave wrote: »
    I doubt Pogba is going to be out tomorrow tbh, MEN are just reporting he wasn’t with the team on the coach to the Lowry, he suffered a gash to the leg so I reckon he was just getting that stitched up and will be fine

How did that happen?

How did that happen?

Probably Phil Jones :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

Probably Phil Jones :pac:

i reckon it's a stitch up alright

How did that happen?

Probably not from busting a gut in a tackle anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The way he played in the first game and his form recently it might be best if he wasn't playing tomorrow. But I think you have a lot of injuries in midfield so he will probably have to play even if he is not 100% fit.

If he does play though he can't just allow the likes of Ox etc just run off him and create a load of space for our midfielders or front three to exploit.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The way he played in the first game and his form recently it might be best if he wasn't playing tomorrow. But I think you have a lot of injuries in midfield so he will probably have to play even if he is not 100% fit.

If he does play though he can't just allow the likes of Ox etc just run off him and create a load of space for our midfielders or front three to exploit.

The thing about Pogba he can pull something out of absolutely nothing and create an opening, even when he was playing badly he still created openings attack wise. It’s the defensive part of the game that lets him down.. he was absolutely dog shït for the first 60 against Palace but he did step up for the last 30 and created a couple of chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The thing about Pogba he can pull something out of absolutely nothing and create an opening, even when he was playing badly he still created openings attack wise. It’s the defensive part of the game that lets him down.. he was absolutely dog shfor the first 60 against Palace but he did step up for the last 30 and created a couple of chances.

Think he has to be given a free role against 'pool... have two other midfielders behind him, and let him, Sanchez, Lukaku and Martial/Rashford probe and stretch Liverpool with quick counters. Win the ball and quickly get it wide into space to either wingforward, plan to play it square to a goal-facing Pogba in the attacking third, letting him surge forward and either look for a pass to criss-crossing runs from the others, or use them as decoys to run clean through. That's what i'd be worried about utd doing anyway.

But if it's a "defence first" mentality, I can't really see Utd scoring barring a silly error.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Think he has to be given a free role against 'pool... have two other midfielders behind him, and let him, Sanchez, Lukaku and Martial/Rashford probe and stretch Liverpool with quick counters. Win the ball and quickly get it wide into space to either wingforward, plan to play it square to a goal-facing Pogba in the attacking third, letting him surge forward and either look for a pass to criss-crossing runs from the others, or use them as decoys to run clean through. That's what i'd be worried about utd doing anyway.

But if it's a "defence first" mentality, I can't really see Utd scoring barring a silly error.

I do think that leaving him high up is the wrong move against a high press team actually, as two of his best traits are taking the ball from the defenders to start quick attacks from deep and the ability to dribble through the press to start off attacks. It does depend on which Pogba shows up though.. I suppose we will see what the lineups are like tomorrow. Sure he might not even play, but I do think that a United without Pogba is a better chance for a Liverpool win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I do think that leaving him high up is the wrong move against a high press team actually, as two of his best traits are taking the ball from the defenders to start quick attacks from deep and the ability to dribble through the press to start off attacks. It does depend on which Pogba shows up though.. I suppose we will see what the lineups are like tomorrow. Sure he might not even play, but I do think that a United without Pogba is a better chance for a Liverpool win

I always think he looks good when he's already facing the right direction though, and has a clear picture of what's in front of him when he gets the ball, rather than having to turn and look up. Even if he's deeper in CM when he gets it, what i'd want us to avoid us letting him get it when already goal-facing.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I always think he looks good when he's already facing the right direction though, and has a clear picture of what's in front of him when he gets the ball, rather than having to turn and look up. Even if he's deeper in CM when he gets it, what i'd want us to avoid us letting him get it when already goal-facing.

Oh yeah he is brilliant at that, but he can brush players off so easily due to his frame and control and can change from facing goal with 2/3 players behind himpressing to facing forward with a couple of yards of space. I think that’s where he is at his best as he draws in those players gets by them and then leaves space for the rest of the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Had a dream lads,utd, Scotland,France,all win today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

That’s called a nightmare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

That’s called a nightmare

From a certain point of view

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I hate watching this fixture, would be happy with a draw borefest right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

I hate watching this fixture, would be happy with a draw borefest right now.

Well you'll probably get your wish. Mourinho is involved so....

If there is to be some action then first goal is vital. If we get first goal and they come out a bit then we're perfectly suited to breaking and I'd fancy us from there.
    But if they got their nose in front then we're in big trouble.

I'd go with Matip over Lovren. Just always worry about Lovren making a needless error and we cant afford that.

I'd pick Milner in midfield too. Would leave Wij out in case he does one of his vanishing acts.

A win would be wonderful but I'd expect a 0-0 draw alright.

All the press about bus parking I just can't see Jose doing it,he will be slaughtered if they do it and loose,think he will surprise a few

All the press about bus parking I just can't see Jose doing it,he will be slaughtered if they do it and loose,think he will surprise a few

I hope he goes for it, and it's an open game.

• Advertisement

That'd make you a nice few quid in the bookies!

56/1 to be exact

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    That'd make you a nice few quid in the bookies!

It would would lose him whatever he put on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I think the bus parking is overstated. Fact is that the reason the last few games have produced dire results is due to a combination of their keeper deciding he was going to put in a POTS against us and us just simply being wasteful. We've had the chances to win the past couple of games and didn't take them. Simple as that.

Jose can try his usual today but if our attackers carry their form into the game we will beat them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Jose can try his usual today but if our attackers carry their form into the game we will beat them.

We thought the same against his Chelsea team at the end of the 13/14 season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If Gerard had passed the ball to them in the second half of that game we might have got something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Ardent wrote: »
    We thought the same against his Chelsea team at the end of the 13/14 season.

I don't recall us having any particular killer instinct that day. We had no answers and were frankly embarrassing as we became increasingly desperate searching for an equaliser.

This team oozes everything we were lacking that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,671 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Fine by me - Moyes needs a break

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    If Gerard had passed the ball to them in the second half of that game we might have got something.

Sadly true. He let his mistake go to his head and tried to atone for it all by himself instead of staying calm and doing the sensible things.
    Forgivable though, coz bailed us out a million times on other occasions.

Feckin hell, putting me in a sh!te mood even remembering that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Are we wearing the white or orange jersey today does anyone know? I’m assuming white?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

The Echo are saying that Pogba is definitely out, not sure if that is good or bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Shame that...his haircut could’ve been a highlight of the game.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Are we wearing the white or orange jersey today does anyone know? I’m assuming white?

Good question. I'd have assumed white too but we wore the orange against Arsenal away.
    So maybe its ok again today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That Toxic Chunder kit is worth it's weight in gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Klopp on Soccer AM now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Shame that...his haircut could’ve been a highlight of the game.

No emoji from him for this game

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Marouane and his elbows in line for a start then?

We had a better chance with him playing imo,a passenger most if the time he has been lately, re. Pogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Good question. I'd have assumed white too but we wore the orange against Arsenal away.
    So maybe its ok again today.

That could have been because Arsenal have white sleeves. I’d say it’s the white today. I was just wondering was there any confirmation.

We had a better chance with him playing imo,a passenger most if the time he has been lately, re. Pogba

Just our luck he misses this game. Ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

It'll be white today,i hate that kit too have we ever won in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I know everyone takes the piss but I hate when Fellini plays against us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Hearing Hendo is out and Milner starts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I'd take a point right now tbh. United are every hard to beat at home, if we pick up 3 points it will be one of our best results so far this season. A loss and 2nd will probably be gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

ricero wrote: »
    Hearing Hendo is out and Milner starts

I'd rather have Hendo available but Milner has been in very good form so happy enough tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I know everyone takes the piss but I hate when Fellini plays against us

True. But if he has a stinker, which is possible, they have few options on the bench if Pogba & McTominly aren't there. Might be to our advantage late in the game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement