Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Ox having a mare.
    Really missing Henderson,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

thats it VVD.... Lukaku wont bully him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

You'd think lovren would've learned to keep his mouth shut as this ain't the first time he's ran his mouth off to journos whenever he strings along a few good performances, always follows it up with a stinker of a game then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Jeez I hate that ref Dawson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Haven't turned up here at all today. Very disappointing.

Matic always gets away with those fouls...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The right hand side is getting mullered and lets be honest Salah is doing them any favours either with no tracking back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

So so poor

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭beya2009

Hopefully we can get a goal before half time. We just can't get going...christ as i'm typing this mata could have made it 3. We can't cope with long balls but I still think it's all self inflicted.

• Advertisement

Robertson to honest there if he goes down it's a pen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

We're getting dominated. United come forward and create chances easily. Midfield and front three getting bullied too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Playing absolutely ****e. One of those games that we tend to have when not one player is earning their keep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ox_Cham is playing the occasion and not the game.

Ox is shocking but there's a few out there like him.... really missing Gini or Hendo i think here

our own passing is killing us.... cant string two passes

Rashford, valencia and matic getting away with snide tackles... bobby penalised for any of his

• Advertisement

Worst 45 minutes of the season to be honest. Playing like a bunch of fairies.

great ball in there, utd defense well up for it

Salah having a stinker by his own standards..

Can't win any of these long balls. United either win them or win the second ball.

To be fair to Mourinho he just said don't let them press us by playing through midfield. Just boot it long and win the breaks. It's worked a charm.

Haven’t targeted Mata enough with Robertson getting around him.
    Mid have not been good. We need changes at HT, not wait till 60mins.

• Advertisement

Matic again.... breaking things up and wont get a card..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Am I still pessimistic because I said during the week that 4th spot is far from secured?

Let's hope that a half time team talk by klopp changes something :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

mada999 wrote: »
    Matic always gets away with those fouls...

Yeah but hes there to do that and protect. And hes excellent at it.

No such player in our side.

Can and Ox awful today. Can't have two CM's awol and a young RB off his game and Lovren getting bullied and expect anything positive to come from it all.

Fairly simple for United to dominate us which is what they're doing. Plenty back and launch long diagonal balls to target Lovren and Trent and no protection from our CM then either.

Outsmarted by fairly old-school simple stuff. And then out fought in CM to compound it.

Controlled by United, hard to see anyway back into the game being honest. Surprised at our lack of composure and fight. United making us look like a mid table team. Too many poor individual performances out there too but United playing very well to be fair. Overall very disappointing, especially from our "big" players. Jose gameplan working perfectly and if Klopp has done any in game management it hasn't worked.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

No Hendo no party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Dejan Lovren needs to be moved out of the club ASAP

That is all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

We're getting big brothered, flailing away causimg no damage and getting slapped across the room when they want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Need a goal in first 15 mins of second half i feel to get anything out of this game.

Disappointing stuff so far too many passengers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

NukaCola wrote: »
    Controlled by United, hard to see anyway back into the game being honest. Surprised at our lack of composure and fight. United making us look like a mid table team. Too many poor individual performances out there too but United playing very well to be fair. Overall very disappointing, especially from our "big" players.

United are playing very well it galls me to say...

Talking shìt to the press all all week and this is what we get...

Chat shìt ya get banged...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

So who comes in at HT? Changes need to be made. Ox & Lovren off? Matip & who in? Mane not playing well but I’d keep him on for a while longer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Everything about 10% off, bar Lovren/TAA which is clearly more.

There is very little coherent passing from the middle three so the front three are having to drop deeper on masse esp Mane. I'd get Lallana on for Ox-Cham as he seems to be quite inhibited by the whole thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

getting bullied all over the pitch

United also look more up for the game which is a big part of these matches. That reflects poorly on Liverpool as United have a big game on Tuesday. We don't. Shocking really.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Dejan Lovren needs to be moved out of the club ASAP

Just completely out of his depth. As usual. Having said that the other options at CB are not good enough either

Looking forward to seeing energy Keita brings to our midfield next season add in Jorginho with a bit of luck we won’t get rolled over so easily in it.

Also we need an experienced right back.

Matip at least offers a constant 6 out of 10 every game.

Lovern is way to unpredictable that’s good in a forward not a defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Absolute muck.

We seemed to get better after the 2nd but that's because Utd let us.

They're perfectly happy to pick us off from here.

Individually Milner and Can haven't been awful but they're supposed to be a unit.

They can't do what Hendo does. They can pick a pass but they don't stay involved and raise the tempo.

Our lack of intensity is unbelievable for a game like this.
    Utd have been composed on the ball but we never put them under the sort of pressure we needed to.

I would be astonished if we get anything from this game. I'd be shocked if we can even keep it to a 2 goal deficit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

To be fair not one player out there has played well at all.

Its hard to know who to take off.

We need to pass the ball a lot better as well.

Lovren was a fanny for that second goal. I know he's not to blame but Karius was all over the shop for the second too, hadn't a breeze what to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Controlled by United, hard to see anyway back into the game being honest. Surprised at our lack of composure and fight. United making us look like a mid table team. Too many poor individual performances out there too but United playing very well to be fair. Overall very disappointing, especially from our "big" players. Jose gameplan working perfectly and if Klopp has done any in game management it hasn't worked.
    NBC said that we've conceded 14 in 3.5 away games against the other top teams, I'd imagine lovren is responsible for most of them. Inability to compete with their route 1 is a big problem. Big turning point was vigils miss, they score from the kick out. Can't see us pulling this back tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

It's no surprise that Lovren has been chatting alot of ****e in the media lately and low and behold, he goes on to have a stinker.

He's getting absolutely bullied by Lukaku.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Just completely out of his depth. As usual. Having said that the other options at CB are not good enough either

We’d be better playing with 10 men. He lets us down again and again. Beyond a joke at this stage!

Lovren will be fine if he got Klavan minutes, Klopp shows him far too much faith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Am I still pessimistic because I said during the week that 4th spot is far from secured?

Let's hope that a half time team talk by klopp changes something :(

Hopefully as hes either too blind or stubborn to change anything in game. Feel sorry for TAA but Lovren has been a calamity for too long now. No faith in that keeper anyhow. The 2nd goal summed up his level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Matip should have started over Lovren.

Taa letting the game get to him

Very simple but effective game plan from United. Boot it long towards Lovren and the inexperienced right back and play off the breaks. I doubt even Mourinho thought it would be this effective though. Lukaku has won almost every single ball, flinging Lovren around like he's a small child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Is anyone really surprised with Lovren? He's being pulling this crap for last 4 yrs.

Just watch both those goals back and watch Lovren positioning and movement. Like a pub player.

Lovren was a fanny for that second goal. I know he's not to blame but Karius was all over the shop for the second too, hadn't a breeze what to do.
    No fault on Karius. Trent actually turned away from the shot instead of getting his body behind it.

Still a half to go. As unlikely a comeback is, this front 3 can blitz any team if we can force it. I hope we at least turn up and give them a ****ing game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Still a half to go. As unlikely a comeback is, this front 3 can blitz any team if we can force it. I hope we at least turn up and give them a ****ing game.

I hope we do. But UTD at home have been solid.

Tough half ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Our defence is being exposed and Utd have created three clear cut chances and scored two of them.

Look at that Mata chance, the space he had. What was going on and where was the defence.

Compare that to Utd, keeping it tight at the back. Intercepting key balls and restricting our chances.

Shows we still need to upgrade in the summer.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement