Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

13 corners at OT and nothing to show for it is sad really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

****e display all round, inexperienced showed. Lovren is still the same donkey he was since the first gane he played for us. TAA was terrible but he's only a lad. Referee was laughable, absolute pussy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

mosstin wrote: »
    Wait for the story in the coming weeks - Lovren had left the toaster on.

And his family were in the next room.

He was only getting over leaving the hall light on all night too.....poor ****er :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Oh come on, how could he be blamed for anything today?

Well he played his part in both goals, for a start.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

murpho999 wrote: »
    No point going on about the ref lads. They scored two and we scored one.

Our defence is still a problem and was exposed today but look at how organised Utd were.

Salah barely had a sniff all day and the amount of incomplete passes in the final third were ridiculous.

Also, next season there has to be a better option than Lovren. I thought he was improving a bit with van Dijk beside him but he was a liability today.

This is exactly the problem with LFC. He'll play two or three semi-decent matches against the league's no-marks and everyone will forget the innumerable number of times he's wilted in the big matches. He simply isn't good enough for this level and no-one should be surprised. If he's still there next August, I'll be very concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Even before they scored the first goal we could all see they targeted TAA. The he's only a kid thing doesn't hold now he keeps costing us points.

That's where we lost the game Klopp didn't change it up to protect him.

It's not the first or second time TAA has cost us and it won't be the last the lad has a lot of talent but we need an experienced player there for games like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The lack of attacking options from the bench will cost us going any further in the champions league i feel when we coming up against a well drilled side.

Bringing on Solanke when chasing an equalizer says a lot about this squad beyond the first 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Even before they scored the first goal we could all see they targeted TAA.

That's where we lost the game Klopp didn't change it up to protect him.

It's not the first or second time TAA has cost us and it won't be the last the lad has a lot of talent we need an experienced player there for games like this.

I wouldn't go too harsh on TAA.

One thing is he's gaining huge experience in games like this and how else is he to get it?

He definitely has a big future with Liverpool and we should keep faith with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Poor first half but bounced back well, should have adapted after the first goal, can't concede from the exact same play twice.

I don't blame Lovren for losing headers to Lukaku, that's expected, but I do blame him for going for the headers. He knows he's going to lose out the majority of the time, and Lukaku knows it too, he's willingly leaving a massive gap in behind him. Just hold position, let Lukaku win the header and clean up the second ball.

Assuming they get past Sevilla - and they will - I think we'll get them in the CL.

• Advertisement

Karius was very good I have to say and very commanding of his area he is growing stronger.

I would still want to see Alisson signed and have the two of the push each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

The media narrative will prob be Mourinho is a genius again and Klopp is a spoofer again. Dunphy hamann will put the boot in as usual.

We are still in a good place , just need to get it out of our heads and keep going the way we are.

Also Klopp using zonal so Lovren was the player challenging Lukaku not VVD was another mistake made by Klopp.

Klopp made a few mistakes around TAA & Lovren today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Poor first half but bounced back well, should have adapted after the first goal, can't concede from the exact same play twice.

I don't blame Lovren for losing headers to Lukaku, that's expected, but I do blame him for going for the headers. He knows he's going to lose out the majority of the time, and Lukaku knows it too, he's willingly leaving a massive gap in behind him. Just hold position, let Lukaku win the header and clean up the second ball.

We used to be smarter, team playing with a big man with balls going to him. You put someone standing on his toes and then the centre back just has to lean into him from behind, very difficult to flick it on or get it under control. Lucas used to be the guy to do this for us.

Don't know why Karius wasn't allowed forward at the end, rather go for it and lose 3-1 than have him stay back for no reason.

Over the years, the number of times they've had fairly routine home wins against us, yet we don't seem to do the same. Something about our mentality going there - we talked the talked in advance of it but nothing to show for it today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Not gonna dwell on it too much we played into UTD's game plan, TAA shouldnt have been left with Lovren as he panics under pressure (See Fellaini tackles).

Ox should have been a second half sub, he works better when we're pressing opposition teams.

C'est La vie, still a lot more games to go.

Also Klopp using zonal so Lovren was the player challenging Lukaku not VVD was another mistake made by Klopp.

Klopp made a few mistakes around TAA & Lovren today.

Lukaku would have just followed Lovren, Lovren is always going to be a target given his equine attributes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Really pissed with the first half.

Second was much better.

Salah thing was a peno and a red though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Klopp talking about not being able to deal with the balls up to Lukaku and not winning the second ball. Sorry but you didn't set us up to deal with him and win the second balls he creates from kick outs and free outs. You double up on him! One in front and one in behind

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The mad thing is that by the time utd play again in the league we could be ahead of them.

Crucial we bounce back against Watford next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

8 league games in a row now without beating United. The only win was the Europa League game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Lukaku would have just followed Lovren

Should have told Lovren to stand over beside Klopp then

Alonso77 wrote: »
    The media narrative will prob be Mourinho is a genius again and Klopp is a spoofer again. Dunphy hamann will put the boot in as usual.

We are still in a good place , just need to get it out of our heads and keep going the way we are.

Indeed.... only numpties will read too much into one game. I wouldn't criticise Klopp or the players for today despite being dissapointed of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Alonso77 wrote: »

When will they talk about this game?

Have you heard Dunphy talk about Liverpool recently in the CL games? Very complimentary.

Today was disappointing but was a very tough fixture.

We have a good run of fixtures now and I'm 100% convinced we'll be in a good place at the end of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Most lads on here have it right, got to give credit to Utd and Jose; saw the weakness, exploited it, and Rashford took both his chances.

VVD should have made it 1:1. Didn’t really create much otherwise in the game.

Mid were really poor, Can the best of a bad bunch. Type of day you needed Coutinho or someone if we’d bought to replace him.

Ref was brutal, but no real baring on the actual result compared to how we played.

Chelsea game is big now. Still in the driving seat.

We’re still a very good team. But not near the finished article. Next game can’t cone quick enough.

Karius doing a lot of good things that probably wont register in a game like today. Went through Fellaini going for a cross, good positioning coming off his line a few times, distribution quick and accurate etc.

He was all over the place for the second goal but the ball did bounce around a bit before the shot tbf to him, and it wasn't his fault we conceded anyway. I'm unsure if he will save 5-10 goals by pulling off excellent saves over a league campaign and I really hope we do bring in a better GK in the summer, but he's not looking the liability he once was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Disappointed with the result, I thought our front 3 were really out of form today. Some simple passes were badly played and a lot of our rhythm seemed missing.

Sometimes when we lose to Utd I feel that we should've won it, this isn't really one of those occasions. They were better team on the day, and they targeted the weak area of our back 4. I pray to god that I don't have to read any "Long Ball Utd" stuff. Our defence should've dealt with Lukaku flick-ons better.

I hope we don't meet them in the CL quarter-finals. I can barely deal with the stress of the 2 league games each season.

It's hard to come away with any positives from the performance today. Lets snap back against Watford next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We had 70% of possession
    13 corners to their 1
    14 shots to their 5
    Even Karius was in their half at times

Yes they won, and they will gather their points but Barca, Real, Psg, Liverpool would be embarrassed to play the way they do. It won the day, but that's about all they won or will win playing like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

As often with this team I think they buckled under the weight of expectation when it matters most. We were shocking in the first half, one of the worst performances of the season. They only improved in the game when expectation was utterly gone.

They'll need all of those 5 points to keep Liverpool at bay. Gap at end won't be 5, that's for sure.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Best attack in the world lads

Worst effort in the world from you.

You would thing United fans would be going to Old Trafford to watch United play, but no they come to cheer 2 goals and watch Liverpool play .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

*Slow claps*

Sterling, just sterling.

• Advertisement

Why didnt Hemderson start? Feel as though he would have really relished today.

We had 70% of possession
    13 corners to their 1
    14 shots to their 5
    Even Karius was in their half at times

Yes they won, and they will gather their points but Barca, Real, Psg, Liverpool would be embarrassed to play the way they do. It won the day, but that's about all they won or will win playing like that.

Cant recall one decent attempt from us in the 90 apart from VVD shocker a yard out. Possession means little if its passive.

You have to give it to United, they got their goals and defended like a unit.

As for how they play generally, they've won 2 trophies off the back of it and are now 5 points clear. I dont think its fair to get on the high horse about how we play.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Cant recall one decent attempt from us in the 90 apart from VVD shocker a yard out. Possession means little if its passive.

You have to give it to United, they got their goals and defended like a unit.

As for how they play generally, they've won 2 trophies off the back of it and are now 5 points clear. I dont think its fair to get on the high horse about how we play.

Karius had nothing to do either. Did not need to make a single save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Blondie919 wrote: »
    13 corners at OT and nothing to show for it is sad really

Not really goals to corners percentage is approximately 4% so a goal every 25 corners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Trent is grand against **** managers and sides buy way too inexperienced against a mourinho side. Gomez should of been playing.

That's where the game was won and lost.

• Advertisement

Karius had nothing to do either. Did not need to make a single save.

Well he had to pick the ball out of the net twice.....
    They were 2-0 up after 20 minutes or so. They didn't need to keep him busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

murpho999 wrote: »
    When will they talk about this game?

Have you heard Dunnphy talk about Liverpool recently in the CL games? Very complimentary.

Today was disappointing but was a very tough fixture.

We have a good run of fixtures now and I'm 100% convinced we'll be in a good place at the end of the season.

Not buying it, he has given some token praise but always qualified it saying the opposition is hopeless. Mark my words he'll be back on klopps case after this going on about not being able to bt Swansea whilst neglecting the 18 game unbeaten run leading up to it

Don't be taken in by him. A true spoofer

NukaCola wrote: »
    Well he had to pick the ball out of the net twice.....

Not his fault, he was over exposed. Could not be asking him to save those.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

You would thing United fans would be going to Old Trafford to watch United play, but no they come to cheer 2 goals and watch Liverpool play .

Most definitely not a rag ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Very disappointing, we shat the bed. complete bottle job performance.

United thoroughly deserved the win tbh, we barely created a decent chance the front 3 were anonymous, the Midfielders were useless, Hendo should've started and the defence a shambles, what was VVD doing for the mata chance? Lovren and TAA were beyond hopeless. Really back to earth with that performance, we're nowhere near as good as we think.

Bringing on Solanke to change the game shows the lack of options, still playing Russian roulette with our season by signing no attacker in January. we've been blessed with no injuries to the front 3 thus far.

Not his fault, he was over exposed. Could not be asking him to save those.

They were 2-0 up after 20 minutes, what did you want them to do, keep attacking opening up to us and playing into our hands? They didn't need to keep him busy. They got their two goals and are well able to defend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I thought it was a great game to watch, though my heart was beating so fast toward the end and I was certain ye were going to equalise.

Ye were let down by a mixture of poor passing and decision making in the final third and a very resolute defensive display by us.

For the two goals I thought Lovern, was very poor but Rashford took TAA out of the game for the first one. It was obvious after the first that we were targeting those two and I thought Klopp was very naive in not doubling up on Lukaku from the goal kicks/long balls.

Anyways as I said it was a good game overall and a much better watch from the last 3 or 4 games between them. Ye will have no problem getting top 4 anyways as ye have a very good run in.

rob316 wrote: »
    Trent is grand against **** managers and sides buy way too inexperienced against a mourinho side. Gomez should of been playing.

That's where the game was won and lost.

Has been equally culpable when it comes to defending diagonal passes this season.

Why didnt Hemderson start? Feel as though he would have really relished today.

Sad to see the captain benched in such a high profile game, makes him look less of a captain. A captain starts when fit typically.

Anybody who gets in their feelings about any football analysis from Dunphy needs their head checked. Ask a fan of any of the prem clubs supported here and the response is always the same "he hates us", he's a wind up merchant of the highest order and he's great at it. Thats entertainment baby.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement