Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If Moreno had let Rashford free like TAA did today he would be slaughtered. TAA was poor but he is young.

Look at Young and Valencia today. Experienced pros who did very good jobs and stayed switched on when it mattered.

I think TAA will eventually be moved into midfield and Gomez a CB. I'm interested to see how Clyne does when he comes back though.

Moreno wasn't playing today. I wonder why?

Today TAA made a mistake in positioning which can happen to any defender and was then caught out by Rashford switching the ball back.

He was also let down by Lovren and Can against Lukaku in the buildup to the ball getting to Rashford.

It's nowhere near the same level as errors that Moreno has made in the past that have led directly to goals, often when there was no danger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Didn’t see the match , were utd parking the bus or did they actually play football ?

Football - first half
    Bus - second half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Didn’t see the match , were utd parking the bus or did they actually play football ?
    Parked the bus after 60mins. Defended very well. They didn’t even need deHea to make a save of note.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Parked the bus after 60mins. Defended very well. They didn’t even need deHea to make a save of note.

Cheers

Raging , cause we were in good form and to be stopped by these **** annoys me , already twats spouting crap on twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

murpho999 wrote: »
    Moreno wasn't playing today. I wonder why?

Today TAA made a mistake in positioning which can happen to any defender and was then caught out by Rashford switching the ball back.

He was also let down by Lovren and Can against Lukaku in the buildup to the ball getting to Rashford.

It's nowhere near the same level as errors that Moreno has made in the past that have led directly to goals, often when there was no danger.

That was not TAA first mistake like that though. Gomez made similar errors before losing his place to Trent.

I think both will be still here in the future but both will not be playing RB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Cheers

Raging , cause we were in good form and to be stopped by these **** annoys me , already twats spouting crap on twitter

No shame in being beaten by the better side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Scored 2 early goals from long punts forward that were defended very badly. Were pretty much content to sit back and defend after that. A very Mourinho game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Good to see him doing well but it'll be tough for him to have a future at Liverpool.

Probably but his turn at Hull will certainly get him a good club.

Some reactions on the main Hull message board
    God wilsons quality ain't he

There's been some great forward running off the ball so far. So much space created.

What a player that kid is

Bloody hell, that was a better goal than we really deserve. He’s a player isn’t he?

Different class Wilson.... Different class!!!

What a ****ing goal

Great passing

And wilson is gonna be a ****ing top player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

As long as we respond the same way we did when spurs trounced us. Then it'll be grand.

A reversal of the old order. Hammer the top teams and lose to the bottom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

That was not TAA first mistake like that though. Gomez made similar errors before losing his place to Trent.

I think both will be still here in the future but both will not be playing RB.

He will learn from it. He's only 19

I don't get the logic of "oh they made a mistake" so they'll be playing a different position in future.

• Advertisement

He will learn from it. He's only 19

I don't get the logic of "oh they made a mistake" so they'll be playing a different position in future.

Well he hasn't learned so far but I hope he does and comes back stronger after today.

It has nothing to do with making mistakes where they will be playing in the future. Gomez is a CB and TAA is a CM, neither are a RB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I would put Gomez and TAA in a different categories.

They have had a weakness exposed in certain situations but not done any suicidal brain dead manoeuvres that would put him in the Moreno or Lovren category.
    Don't forget Moreno is 25 and should be a fully developed player.

TAA is 19 and Gomez is 20 and they already at a high level and they will develop into top players and no need to be banished for errors that are not as big as Moreno's or Lovren's in the past.

We got away with it but Trent was getting done 1v1 by Sanchez.

Gomez is a much more athletic lad, has better balance and really doesn't get shown up in those duels.

Whether it would've made a difference is another matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Where was Salah,
    Or Mane Mane,
    Or Bobby Firmino,
    Cos they sold Coutinho

29067343_2087946841232046_4747274850312126464_n.png.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=0a6ab0e7f5e8d08f6ef5cf8eb0107fe7&oe=5B09CD88

report and move on

Gbear wrote: »
    We got away with it but Trent was getting done 1v1 by Sanchez.

Actually forgot Sanchez was playing. He wasn't much of a factor today compared to Lukaku who pretty much won every missile launched his way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Actually forgot Sanchez was playing. He wasn't much of a factor today compared to Lukaku who pretty much won every missile launched his way.

I’d suggest you go back and rewatch the game so

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I’d suggest you go back and rewatch the game so

Saw it the first time mate.

Saw it the first time mate.

If that’s what you think then again you need to rewatch as Sanchez was excellent today in two roles he played in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Report and move on lads

• Advertisement

If that’s what you think then again you need to rewatch as Sanchez was excellent today in two roles he played in.

I'm sure you thought so.

And others like Andy Gray also who makes a living off of watching football and talking about it so I’m in good company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

-Good company

-Andy Gray

It doesn't really go together.

-Good company

-Andy Gray

It doesn't really go together.

You’ll have to excuse me that I value a paid professionals opinion over random posters on an Internet forum

And others like Andy Grey

Morto.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Sanchez done a good bit of pressing and closing down but had very little impact on the game going forward really IMO, a few bits here and there......Not sure I'd class it as an excellent performance tbh, he worked hard but wasn't really effective at all tbh.....

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »
    Sanchez done a good bit of pressing and closing down but had very little impact on the game going forward really IMO, a few bits here and there......Not sure I'd class it as an excellent performance tbh, he worked hard but wasn't really effective at all tbh.....

I thought he was great in the middle of the park/10 role and got through a pile of work. Which did have an impact on the game. We didn’t create much going forward after Matas over head kick (think that was our last shot on/at goal) so it would be hard on him or any of the others for that matter to have an impact

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Didn't see the game or even listen to the commentary but a very disappointing result to come home to. Concerned about our away form against top 6 sides this season. Didn't win against Arsenal despite leading 2 nil & lost against the other top 4 now. Not as confident with the visit to the bridge in May as people were yesterday. I hope it helps Klopp reflect on the issues with the side beyond the strong front 3.
    At least Ireland are looking like 6 Nations champions.

I thought he was great in the middle of the park/10 role and got through a pile of work. Which did have an impact on the game. We didn’t create much going forward after Matas over head kick (think that was our last shot on target) so it would be hard on him or any of the others for that matter to have an impact

Mata hit that shot wide though didn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Disappointing performance. The front 3 didn't click at all, Mane in particular was terribly wasteful. Arnold caught out twice but Lovren was shambolic - completely drawn to the ball when he's no chance of getting anywhere near it. Utd played this one to perfection and once they got the second goal the game was done. De Gea had nothing to do all game as their defence played well. Shame we can't say the same about ours. Just one of those results you take on the chin and move on. We need to stay ahead of Chelsea now, that's all that matters.

Mata hit that shot wide though didn't he?

Edited it. Shot at goal

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Didn't see the game or even listen to the commentary but a very disappointing result to come home to. Concerned about our away form against top 6 sides this season. .

Yeah been poor away to the big sides this season. Awful now at City, Spurs and United. Good at Arsenal but still threw away a win there from a winning position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

ERG89 wrote: »
    At least Ireland are looking like 6 Nations champions.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Wonder if Klopp will be as ruthless with Lovren as he was with Mignolet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Vicxas wrote: »

It is high ****ing time, that's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

VVD was on Lukaku, Jose told him to switch to Lovern. But why wasn't VVD told by Klopp before game to stay with Lukaku. To go to which ever side he played. ALways taking Lovern out of harms way, seems so naive to just watch it unfold and do nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Napoli are interested in Mignolet I'd let them have him for free if it means the Jorginho deal can't get done.

Lovren would look well playing in Rome if it helps the Alisson deal get done.

Moreno would look well in Euro Disney Paris if we can get say Rabiot.

Damm this transfer sh1t is easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

We might have seen the start of it on the touchline anyway. I found that all very awkward.

Grayditch wrote: »
    We might have seen the start of it on the touchline anyway. I found that all very awkward.

I dunno, I’ve seen Klopp go mad with Moreno at times yet he’s still here. By the way, who has been let go/ gotten rid of since Klopp took over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Blondie919 wrote: »
    I dunno, I’ve seen Klopp go mad with Moreno at times yet he’s still here. By the way, who has been let go/ gotten rid of since Klopp took over?

Klopp has sold about 25 players a lot of them would have been bitparters also got good money for the likes of Benteke, Ibe, Allen, Skrtel, Sakho, Luis Alberto, Ilori & Lucas.

Klopp has sold about 25 players a lot of them would have been bitparters also got good money for the likes of Benteke, Ibe, Allen, Skrtel, Sakho, Luis Alberto, Ilori & Lucas.

And Phil. Him and only Sakho and Lucas are missed. By me anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Blondie919 wrote: »
    And Phil. Him and only Sakho and Lucas are missed. By me anyway

Sakho can only make the bench of a Palace team that's likely to get relegated.

Coutinho was a bit of a miss today. Probably for the first time since he left. Just missed someone that could unlock a deep lying packed defence with a pass or a long range shot.

But he's not there so we move on.

mosstin wrote: »

He coulda been a contender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

mosstin wrote: »

Hes only coming back from a nasty knee injury and he was a doubt for today anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Hes only coming back from a nasty knee injury and he was a doubt for today anyway.

Apparently Palace's medical staff feel that he's fit to start but he doesn't feel as if he's ready. He's been playing with Danny for too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Where do you lads think ye went wrong today?
    Id say another striker could be on the cards for the summer for a bigger impact than solanke. Would of been an ideal game for keita today, he looks seriously good.

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Where do you lads think ye went wrong today?
    Id say another striker could be on the cards for the summer for a bigger impact than solanke. Would of been an ideal game for keita today, he looks seriously good.
    Utd targeted the weaknesses, and full exposed Lovern and Trent. Rashford, took both chances very well. In between both goals, it should have been 1:1 if VVD scores probably the easiest chance of the game.

After that, they should have made it 3:0. We'd a couple of pen chances. But when the ref doesn't book Smalling for literally throwing a player to the ground, or Sanchez for a blatant piece of time wasting; then a weak ref will not give you anything.

Overall Utd def deserved it. At 2:0 and 60mins, they went 6 at the back, and we didn't create much. Having just Solanke on the bench to change things doesn't help modify the tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Utd targeted the weaknesses, and full exposed Lovern and Trent. Rashford, took both chances very well. In between both goals, it should have been 1:1 if VVD scores probably the easiest chance of the game.

After that, they should have made it 3:0. We'd a couple of pen chances. But when the ref doesn't book Smalling for literally throwing a player to the ground, or Sanchez for a blatant piece of time wasting; then a weak ref will not give you anything.

Overall Utd def deserved it. At 2:0 and 60mins, they went 6 at the back, and we didn't create much. Having just Solanke on the bench to change things doesn't help modify the tactics.

Any other day TAA could of got yellow for 1 head height kick and did it again unpunished. Lovren didnt get booked either for the double foul on fellani. So the ref was weak but wasnt biased.

Yeah i was saying to my mate alright that the bench's are different in class.

Lovren a massive weak point in that team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

What’s going on with Matip anyways, is it just Klopp trying to have VVD & Lovren together to allow VVD to settle in? Matip is miles better than Lovren

• Advertisement

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Any other day TAA could of got yellow for 1 head height kick and did it again unpunished. Lovren didnt get booked either for the double foul on fellani. So the ref was weak but wasnt biased.

Yeah i was saying to my mate alright that the bench's are different in class.

Lovren a massive weak point in that team
    And Matic for his use of the arm in about 50% of the challenges. Ridiculous the way he gets away with it. Valencia, with a dangerous challenge that even Neville said could have been red (a la Mane against City earlier in the season).
    Pawson may not be biased, but he's incompetent in my book when you can't ref the basics of the game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement