Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

astradave wrote: »
    What’s going on with Matip anyways, is it just Klopp trying to have VVD & Lovren together to allow VVD to settle in? Matip is miles better than Lovren
    Matip hasn't been great either.
    Today might mean that he gets a chance to play with VVD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Well I’m glad I missed all of that shît today.

A good breakfast in the morning will set us all back on track. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Bit naive in hindsight to go to Old Trafford and dominate possession and leave our defenders exposed. We should have sat in ourselves and played the chess game. We had 14 shots, nearly all bounced off of their players for 13 corners. The had a wall of bodies in front of goal.
    To say we had an off day is stupid, we were up against the best team at sitting in. Simply was no space to exploit.
    Should have played for the point and do to them what they did to us at Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Harry Wilson's goal today. He's a smart player.

https://twitter.com/Channel5Sport/status/972528776637591552

After watching the MOTD highlights. Dejan Lovren. This guy simply has to go. Embarrassing against Lukaku (x2). Let Mata go as well for his overhead effort. Definite pen imo Fellaini on Mane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

What’s going on with Matip anyways, is it just Klopp trying to have VVD & Lovren together to allow VVD to settle in? Matip is miles better than Lovren

I don't agree. Lovren is no long term solution but he's not miles behind Matip. Matip is ordinary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'd play Klavan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Definite pen imo Fellaini on Mane.

The incident where Young manhandled Salah was never mentioned.... Mustn't have happened at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

TAA has Apologized on instagram.

He was at fault but the bigger fault was on Klopp for not seeing him under pressure and changing it up to protect him and I don’t think he needs to apologize especially on a cesspit like social media.

All footballers should be banned from social media till the day they retire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

And Matic for his use of the arm in about 50% of the challenges. Ridiculous the way he gets away with it. Valencia, with a dangerous challenge that even Neville said could have been red (a la Mane against City earlier in the season).
    Pawson may not be biased, but he's incompetent in my book when you can't ref the basics of the game.

Didnt lovren bash mctominey i think it was at thr back of the head and go unpunished

• Advertisement

After watching the MOTD highlights. Dejan Lovren. This guy simply has to go. Embarrassing against Lukaku (x2). Let Mata go as well for his overhead effort. Definite pen imo Fellaini on Mane.

Coulda been sent off off with the mctominey elbow back of the head and the double on fellani. He is a liability for ye to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Here, anyone see Lovren do anything to a United player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Grayditch wrote: »
    Here, anyone see Lovren do anything to a United player?

:pac: want me to root it out for you?

In fairness I do think that Pawson is brutal, very inconsistent. I wince every time I see him reffing.. he does be overawed by the occasion. And that’s for both teams in fairness..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

In the unlikely event that there's a Spouse burglar reading, would you do the decent thing and take an enormous jobby on Lovren's pillow the next time you're in there? Thanks in advance.

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Didnt lovren bash mctominey i think it was at thr back of the head and go unpunished
    A bad inconsistent ref. Yes. I'd take the yellow for Lovern and Trent for the yellows for Matic/Smalling, and a pen against Young and yellow, and red for Valencia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

A bad inconsistent ref. Yes. I'd take the yellow for Lovern and Trent for the yellows for Matic/Smalling, and a pen against Young and yellow, and red for Valencia.

A yellow for elbowing someone in the head?

A red for vaelncia's no contact high foot.

Consistent.

Right.

limnam wrote: »
    A red for vaelncia's no contact high foot.
    At least watch the game if you are going to comment on it. If you couldn't see contact, then just give it up.

At least watch the game if you are going to comment on it. If you couldn't see contact, then just give it up.

Then you focus on what I said about Valencia and not lov.

At least your bias is consistent.

limnam wrote: »

Bias says the pot.
    Not surprised given your lack of vision on the contact. More like lack of focus being a problem for your eyesight.

You'd question someone's mental age if they spent much of their evening, hiding in the shadows, thanking posts they don't have the balls to make themselves. Not least when they have a much savoured victory to celebrate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Bias says the pot.
    Not surprised given your lack of vision on the contact. More like lack of focus being a problem for your eyesight.

I think both incidents are potentially red cards, I think it was that the Lovern incident wasn’t seen, it’s a clear elbow to the back of the neck. Dunno what he was thinking over the Valencia one, maybe he didn’t think he got him but booked him for a high foot. There was contact there but it was minimal at best. I dunno, but as I said there is always something to talk about when Pawson is in charge.

I still don’t think the result was the Refs fault though. The first is all on TAA and Lovren and the second I would actually blame Klopp. He should have instructed ye to double up on Lukaku from the long balls after the first goal as it was obvious we were targeting that side

You set him up for that 'thank' in fairness, haha.

• limnam wrote: »

Absolutely **** all contact. Same for people delusional enough to think that Liverpool should have had a penalty when Fellani was simply strong in the challange.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Absolutely **** all contact. Same for people delusional enough to think that Liverpool should have had a penalty when Fellani was simply strong in the challange.

Rise from the shadows.

I still don’t think the result was the Refs fault though.
    I said the same earlier. For Klopp he has to look at Lovern going forward. At RB they are two young guys who will need to learn, but show promise. Utd had 3 chances, scored twice (and probably should have been 3). VVD should ahve scored.
    At 2:0, it allowed Utd to flood the defense, and we didn't have the ability on the day to break it down. Solanke isn't going to change a game, so need to work on that as well.

Grayditch wrote: »
    You set him up for that 'thank' in fairness, haha.

Flushed him out. Oh look, he's posting now.

Chelsea picking up 3 pts earlier is less than ideal IMO.

We both have 8 games remaining, to hit 76 pts we need 16 points, that doesn't sound overly difficult, we're on 60 pts after 30 games and before the Utd game we were on a right good run.

For Chelsea to hit 76 points they'd need 20 pts from their next 8 games.... 6 wins and 2 draws. They are in brutal form of late in the PL too which is in our favour of course.

We really don't want to be going to Stamford Bridge needing not to lose IMO.

Fingers crossed if Chelsea make top4 it's at Spurs' expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Augeo wrote:
    Fingers crossed if Chelsea make top4 it's at Spurs' expense.

This day next week both might be out of Europe too...so much for people dismissing them yesterday.

ERG89 wrote: »
    This day next week both might be out of Europe too...so much for people dismissing them yesterday.

Well, we're still very much the more likely of the 3 NOT to drop out of the top4 to be fair.

Chelsea would need to put a thoroughly decent, near perfect 8 games to overtake us you'd expect. I can't see us dropping over 8 pts to be honest between now and the end of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Brego888 wrote:
    I don't agree. Lovren is no long term solution but he's not miles behind Matip. Matip is ordinary.

Van Dijk has looked hopeless so far - slow, lacking aggression and a poor header of the ball. His supposed attributes are claimed to be the exact opposite of these shortcomings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

mosstin wrote: »
    Flushed him out. Oh look, he's posting now.

Just don’t quote, or we all suffer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

chicorytip wrote: »
    Van Dijk has looked hopeless so far - slow, lacking aggression and a poor header of the ball. His supposed attributes are claimed to be the exact opposite of these shortcomings.

giphy.webp

Now thats inconsistent.. Trent did it twice in the match
    And lovren shouldnt have been on the pitch

Trent got away with it twice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Oh, I see we have people coming in peace again.

• Advertisement

Oh, I see we have people coming in peace again.

Not at all i came in hours ago asking what the team could of differently for a debate.
    Got a decent response but i challenged him on the refs decisions..
    No 'coming in peace' about it, discussing the game..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Not at all i came in hours ago asking what the team could of differently for a debate.
    Got a decent response but i challenged him on the refs decisions..
    No 'coming in peace' about it, discussing the game..

Is the match thread closed ?

cjmc wrote: »
    Is the match thread closed ?

What your getting salty because im asking about your team and how things could of been done differently today as an insight. Now that i challenge someone on their opinion in a good manner here, its move on. Fair enough didnt realise we cut the wound that big today. More salt should help

cjmc wrote: »
    You didnt , just boring me with your trolling . Bring your Teddy to bed . Mite!

Go back and read my posts in this thread and you'll see i havent trolled in any way.

Mite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

i havent trolled in any way.
    More salt should help

okay

• Advertisement

chicorytip wrote: »

CtTfEDUWEAA-poL.jpg

okay

Literally picking part of a post where i was acussed of it and reacted, If your going to quote me do the whole post to give context

Im sure if i picked and choosed some of your comments i could make something thats not real either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

M!Ck^ wrote: »

You mean when he barged Mane over with his elbow into the back and most seem to feel it was a penalty? Is this the same tackle we are talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Augeo wrote: »
    Chelsea picking up 3 pts earlier is less than ideal IMO.

Home to Palace. They were always going to win that. Chelsea v Spurs next so important we beat Watford at home next weekend.

Home to Palace. They were always going to win that. Chelsea v Spurs next so important we beat Watford at home next weekend.

Cant take anything for granted now in pl, we've brighton at home. Chris doing an outstanding job there

Watford is really tricky, delany and richarlison can be hand fulls. Delany a great man to lead them up front

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Van Dijk didn't quite have his best game yesterday which is a bloody shame. Every time we had a corner he looked like he was carrying the world on his shoulders so hopefully he learns to calm himself in future big games.

Not worried about this result now that the red mist has descended. Means fcuk all really. Hopefully Sevilla do a number on them so we can see the back of Jose for a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

You mean when he barged Mane over with his elbow into the back and most seem to feel it was a penalty? Is this the same tackle we are talking about?

Jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Nalz wrote: »
    Jesus

Two penos as far as I could see.

The one by young on Salah the most frustrating because it was a clear goalscoring opportunity.

A red for that and a second yellow for rashford would have made a difference.

Then again Lovren could have gone twice over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think Gomez is well ahead of Trent AA.

Trent is a very good footballer but I get nervous when he is up against a good winger. Gomez is much better defensively.

Trent still needs to develop physically when he does he will be an excellent player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Also Craig Pawson cannot be allowed referee a game involving us again or any PL game again.

Consistently gives us nothing & some terrible decisions.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement