Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

You would thing United fans would be going to Old Trafford to watch United play, but no they come to cheer 2 goals and watch Liverpool play .

What the fūck are ya on about hey :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Trent got away with it twice...
    Got away with what? You said there was no contact, so if Trent got away with no contact, what are you on about? Inconsistent again from you.
    At least you have your stalker thanking you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

The ref got some seriously basic things wrong yesterday. Not booking players for obstructing frees (Sanchez) or kicking the ball away(Rashford) and even adding time at the end for the substitution.

The penos weren’t clear cut. I think the Mane one was more dodgy. Fellaini is just a clumsy git and wasn’t going towards the ball when he connected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lads, let it go.

Utd got their win. And if we're honest, it was deserved. They knew Lovren and TAA were the weaknesses, got their 2 goals and defended well.

No shame in losing at Old Trafford, especially after going 2 goals down to errors. We did well to dominate the game from there, and should at least be happy that the response was good.

Utd are rightly delighted to win.

But we're in a good place, and it's further evidence for Klopp that Lovren is not up to standard. It wasn't even the mistakes for the goals. His reaction in the game was putrid. The jumping into people unnecessarily. The fouling in stupid places.

This game does not define our season or theirs. It was never going to. As much as win would've been fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

SlickRic wrote: »
    Lads, let it go.

Utd got their win. And if we're honest, it was deserved. They knew Lovren and TAA were the weaknesses, got their 2 goals and defended well.

No shame in losing at Old Trafford, especially after going 2 goals down to errors. We did well to dominate the game from there, and should at least be happy that the response was good.

But we're in a good place, and it's further evidence for Klopp that Lovren is up to standard. It wasn't even the mistakes for the goals. His reaction in the game was putrid. The jumping into people unnecessarily. The fouling in stupid places.

This game does not define our season or theirs. It was never going to. As much as win would've been fantastic.

He’s a great lad. Should try him as skipper :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

MrMac84 wrote: »

I've seen you dish out yellow cards for less than this. This place is a joke these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

noodler wrote: »
    Two penos as far as I could see.

The one by young on Salah the most frustrating because it was a clear goalscoring opportunity.

A red for that
    and a second yellow for rashford would have made a difference.

Then again Lovren could have gone twice over.

Just on this as I’ve seen a few people mentioning it now, if he gives a Peno it’s only a yellow card, he can’t give a red unless it’s for Voilent conduct/reckless challenge in the box.. they done away with the Peno and red card rule..

Not that I agree with it as a Peno anyways, but that has already been argued. Better to just move on now, I don’t think the result will have any effect on Liverpool failing to get Top 4 anyways. They probably have the handiest run in out of the 4 teams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I've seen you dish out yellow cards for less than this. This place is a joke these days.

It’s a joke made on slicks typo which he has since edited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Plenty of jokes have been carded here over the last few months.

I will probably be carded for saying that now as there is no questioning allowed here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

MrMac84 you really do seem to enjoy prodding the very rules you are here to enforce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Looking at Klopps post match, he put great emphasis on us not winning the second ball, sounds like he was letting Lovren off the hook. I doubt we'll bring in another CB in the summer.

Plenty of jokes have been carded here over the last few months.

I will probably be carded for saying that now as there is no questioning allowed here.

Just say it was a joke you might get away with it ;):p

In fairness, MrMacs joke makes more sense now when Slicks post had a typo......harmless enough, do Mods need to be impartial about posting jokes etc? I dont know tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

SlickRic wrote: »
    Lads, let it go.

But we're in a good place, and it's further evidence for Klopp that Lovren is not up to standard. It wasn't even the mistakes for the goals. His reaction in the game was putrid. The jumping into people unnecessarily. The fouling in stupid places.

I myself was at peace with the result the moment the final whistle went, yeah the referee could have given us more but it's not the first or last time we'll be subject to a stinker of a referee performance and that goes for every club. We've lost 4 times in the league this year and only and all 4 were away from home at City spurs utd and...........swansea. We all know what happened at city, and Swansea was just "one of those days" but the fact lovren sticks out in the losses to spurs and utd should hopefully bring klopp to the conclusion that the lad just dosent have the head for these games.

I mean the guy seems to string a few decent performances together, yap off to the media about how in some shape or way everything is perfect and then he gets done again. Lovren seems to think that he can atone for 3 seasons of simply embarrassing performances with a half decent 4th season it seems, the lad has an absurd amount of confidence in himself which is unfounded to date. Honestly when he made those two wild lunges on fellaini to try get the the ball and he couldn't have been any further I rolled my eyes his head was clearly gone.
    I hope klopp is doing with lovren what he's done mignolet i.e give him plenty of opportunities and make the call which is hopefully in the shape of another central defender in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I think Klopp will be happy enough with the centre backs he's got. He might look to develop Gomez further.

However, if Alderweireld doesn't sign a new contract we could go for him. £25m buyout, plus weakens one of our main rivals.

klose wrote: »
    I mean the guy seems to string a few decent performances together

Agree with all your post, and just to add, the games where it looks like he has a decent game are games where all he has to do is pass the ball and do some basic stuff and we have the lions share of possession etc. I cant think of one performance where we were under big pressure and he done the business. He makes mistakes all the time and I just cant accept that Klopp thinks this is good enough.

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »
    Just say it was a joke you might get away with it ;):p

In fairness, MrMacs joke makes more sense now when Slicks post had a typo......harmless enough, do Mods need to be impartial about posting jokes etc? I dont know tbh.

I won't be commenting on it any more as this will be deemed questioning mods decisions and a cards will be given out.

The feedback thread at the end of the season might be interesting if one is opened this time.

MD1990 wrote: »
    I think Gomez is well ahead of Trent AA.

Trent is a very good footballer but I get nervous when he is up against a good winger. Gomez is much better defensively.

Trent still needs to develop physically when he does he will be an excellent player.

He's not really a RB though is he, or even a defender? Isn't he a Midfield/Wide player asked to do a job? And he does a good job. I'm not sure theres much between them but I agree Gomez is better, maybe not a level above but I do prefer him at RB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

What a twat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Based on his own standards, it’s a yellow. Let’s see if consistency is maintained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

He's not really a RB though is he, or even a defender? Isn't he a Midfield/Wide player asked to do a job? And he does a good job. I'm not sure theres much between them but I agree Gomez is better, maybe not a level above but I do prefer him at RB

Is Gomez not a CB by right? Theres been matches (against Arsenal for one) where he has drifted too far central and left a winger free. I'd be trying to test him and VVD together if I were ye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Cammy on GOS sayin we should have had 3 peons. No worries think we still have a good chance of getting 2nd . Top 4 should be guaranteed . No one ever gets a peno in OT. We were poor yesterday and United did a good job in fairness. Must be painful watching them this year be nice of Seville do them during the week but unlikely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Have to give credit to United for their first half display yesterday. I thought the were excellent and it was a performance very similar to Juventus' against Spurs during the week.

Liverpool improved after the break but there was still something lacking and while Milner and Can in the centre have their place - particularly in European games - there wasn't enough creativity or pace there. Still think a draw would have been a fair result though and Felaini on Mane was as blatant a penalty as you're going to see but that's the way it goes sometimes.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Is Gomez not a CB by right? Theres been matches (against Arsenal for one) where he has drifted too far central and left a winger free. I'd be trying to test him and VVD together if I were ye.

Long term yes I'd say he'll play centrally. He is a CB but he is also a defender that has played out wide, I was just saying TAA hasn't apart from this season and is a Midfield/Wide player, afaik anyway that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Have to give credit to United for their first half display yesterday. I thought the were excellent and it was a performance very similar to Juventus' against Spurs during the week.

Liverpool improved after the break but there was still something lacking and while Milner and Henderson in the centre have their place - particularly in European games - there wasn't enough creativity or pace there. Still think a draw would have been a fair result though and Felaini on Mane was as blatant a penalty as you're going to see but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Henderson didn't play yesterday :confused:

No attacking options from the bench hurt as well. They done a very good job keeping our front 3 quiet, no alternative on the bench apart from a young lad yet to score for us. Expecting something from him at OT is ridiculous tbh.

TitianGerm wrote: »

Think he means in general not just yesterday...

Think he means in general not just yesterday...

Ah that makes more sense

Long term yes I'd say he'll play centrally. He is a CB but he is also a defender that has played out wide, I was just saying TAA hasn't apart from this season and is a Midfield/Wide player, afaik anyway that is.

I think sticking Gomez beside VDD until end of season could save ye a packet and leave ye just needing a RB.

I thought the Valencia handball was the most blatant of the peno shouts. Looking at the replay its almost amazing we didn't get it.

As for the others we had a shout but they were debatable and not really stonewall IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

My bad, meant Can yesterday obviously. Think the point stands when there's two of those three in a midfield trio.

• Advertisement

I think sticking Gomez beside VDD until end of season could save ye a packet and leave ye just needing a RB.

I think Klopp will have a look at that in preseason. I'd be nervous enough with throwing him in now tbh. Looks good but not sure if he's ready for the CB role, I dont think he's played at CB in the EPL either.

Clyne is due back but if we bought someone better he'd be excellent back upon.

• TitianGerm wrote: »
    Clyne is due back but if we bought someone better he'd be excellent back upon.

I think people are being harsh on Alexander-Arnold
    He's only 19, loads to learn. He was having plenty of good games prior to yesterday.

Just came up against a ruthless Rashford yesterday in what was probably his first Man Utd v Liverpool game of his career?

I think Klopp will have a look at that in preseason. I'd be nervous enough with throwing him in now tbh. Looks good but not sure if he's ready for the CB role, I dont think he's played at CB in the EPL either.

Fcuk me just realised Gomez is still only 20 thats crazy, thought he was 23-24 and ready for senior first team. So yeah fair point. Another year or so at least before he's ready for that!

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    He's only 19, loads to learn. He was having plenty of good games prior to yesterday.

Just came up against a ruthless Rashford yesterday in what was probably his first Man Utd v Liverpool game of his career?

He's a CM though not a RB. He's done a decent job for a young lad who's not playing in his natural position but I feel he will end up playing as a midfielder in the future.

Klopp got a lot wrong yesterday in game not changing to protect TAA and also not swapping Mane and Salah to the other wings.

Fcuk me just realised Gomez is still only 20 thats crazy, thought he was 23-24 and ready for senior first team. So yeah fair point. Another year or so at least before he's ready for that!

He had two bad knee injuries as well and he seems to have come back quite well. It's always hard to know if a player will ever be the same after those injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

M!Ck^ wrote: »

his first start or league start in the same fixture last year i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

He had two bad knee injuries as well and he seems to have come back quite well. It's always hard to know if a player will ever be the same after those injuries.

IIRC he started out playing left back in his first season for us. Did well for first few games & then did a cruciate....and just as he was getting back from that he did his other cruciate

• Advertisement

He started at Charlton when he was 15 so he has actually been around for 5 years. I'm not totally mad :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Gerrard in attendance at the old firm derby today.

I wonder if hes scouting anyone for the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

ricero wrote: »
    Gerrard in attendance at the old firm derby today.

I wonder if hes scouting anyone for the club.
    Tierney left back is a top drawer player. Don’t think anyone else on the pitch would be near good enough for us

Are Rangers still looking for a new manager?

Could be a handy league to learn your trade in with your first pro managers job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Possibly just a guest.

He's fairly friendly with Rodgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

What happens in the aftermath of a match in which a ref has a stinker? Are they held accountable for mistakes or obvious things they had missed? Of course Liverpool fans will be against him (Pawson) and Utd fans not so much but will he have to explain to his bosses any of his decisions? Now that I write this, shouldn’t the linesmen have to go over their actions too? Or is it all just a shrug of the shoulders and let go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Blondie919 wrote: »
    What happens in the aftermath of a match in which a ref has a stinker? Are they held accountable for mistakes or obvious things they had missed? Of course Liverpool fans will be against him (Pawson) and Utd fans not so much but will he have to explain to his bosses any of his decisions? Now that I write this, shouldn’t the linesmen have to go over their actions too? Or is it all just a shrug of the shoulders and let go?

Hopefully there'll be some explanation why Klopp wasn't sent to the stands.

Apart from that and the elbow into the back of Scot McT's head he did ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

limnam wrote: »
    Hopefully there'll be some explanation why Klopp wasn't sent to the stands.

Apart from that and the elbow into the back of Scot McT's head he did ok.

I thought he wasn’t consistent. He missed a lot of fouls from each team but gave for some and not for others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Blondie919 wrote: »
    I thought he wasn’t consistent. He missed a lot of fouls from each team but gave for some and not for others.

Sounds like every game of ball I've ever watched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

At least you have your stalker thanking you.

I think he has an auto-thank function set up for certain posters, it's hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It’s a joke made on slicks typo which he has since edited.

I found it highly amusing anyway.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement