Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Not the end of the world lads, not like we'll be 5th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Thank God Spurs play Chelsea next weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Sounds like it might be an attritional win for Spurs though - Kane, Rose and Alli off injured, though the latter's might have been precautionary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

They have the Cup next weekend, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Crap weekend but we have Watford at home next and one of or both Chelsea and Spurs will drop points when they play each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

They have City as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

I've seen you dish out yellow cards for less than this. This place is a joke these days.

a bit like pawson in the consistency its seems

Vicxas wrote: »
    Not the end of the world lads, not like we'll be 5th

Only 4 ahead of 5th place so need to be careful. 3 points a must next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Part of me wishes we'd played for a drawn or a sneaky win at United. Wouldn't have minded watching that for one game. Not all season, of course. Imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Klopps problem imo is he never can shut out games.

Not true. It's happened loads lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

I think the current Liverpool team are very "green". Klopp seems to want to play in a pure way with no 'dark arts/gamesmanship' on show. This really needs to be addressed... All Mourinho's teams are very adept at it..

Players going down easy, time wasting, nudging the ball away etc, it gives his teams an edge and more often than not they get away with them. Liverpool are very naive in these situations and are too honest in a way. Salah goes down under that challenge from Young and it's a stone wall peno... stay on your feet and you get nothing. where was our captain yesterday having a word in the ref's ear... should have been at it the whole way through the game imo. You also see the utd players contesting every decision and Liverpool players not....if you dont ask you dont get...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Nah yesterday undid the rest of the season, haven't you heard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Your arguing a point for no reason.
    No, I argued each of your issues with reason. Try it.
    That’s just rubbish. He’s won titles in Ger. Took over a poor Liverpool and reached two cup finals. Since then the team is transformed. 4th in the table. In the CL 1/4’s. You don’t do that unless you close out games and win.
    If Mourinho was manager of Liverpool the year they were beaten by Seville and City I'm fairly sure they'd have won at least one of those finals.
    I don’t think he’d have reached either final; unless he spent a few hundred million.
    Far less resources!!! Don't make me laugh, Liverpool have one of the biggest revenues in world football, not even talking about banking 142M for Coutinho.
    Yes, far less. Check their spends. Dortmund v Real and Liverpool v Utd.
    And who cares about head to heads ?
    You do. You’re comparing them.
    They won yesterday with a game plan, something Klopp struggles with when faced with
    How so? He’s defeated Mourihno more than he’s lost. And beaten plenty of teams this year who setup like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Isn't it so nice of posters to pop in here and tell us where Klopp is doing it all wrong whilst they were the same ones prob whinging about their teams "tactics" in recent months and expecting the worst yesterday.

They won yesterday with a game plan, something Klopp struggles with when faced with

10 clean sheets this season, Utd have 13, City have the most on 15 with one less game played.

It happens but no one is going to tell me Klopp's football blue-print is designed to create shut outs, it's designed to win games by sheer numbers in attack, not defence. When looking at the players he has prioritized it's been the attacking half over the defending half until VVD, even Keita is as much attack as defence. With GK and Jorginho chit-chat that imbalance is now being addressed fully.

United had an effective gameplan yesterday, got a couple of goals from it and defended very well after. However they also had a fair slice of luck not to concede at least one penalty. So there was a thin margin between a 2-1 win and what could easily have been a 2-2 draw. Or worse. That's football sometimes.

Onto the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

mada999 wrote: »
    I think the current Liverpool team are very "green". Klopp seems to want to play in a pure way with no 'dark arts/gamesmanship' on show. This really needs to be addressed... All Mourinho's teams are very adept at it..

Players going down easy, time wasting, nudging the ball away etc, it gives his teams an edge and more often than not they get away with them. Liverpool are very naive in these situations and are too honest in a way. Salah goes down under that challenge from Young and it's a stone wall peno... stay on your feet and you get nothing. where was our captain yesterday having a word in the ref's ear... should have been at it the whole way through the game imo. You also see the utd players contesting every decision and Liverpool players not....if you dont ask you dont get...
    No fvck that. Sure Mane was taken out of it and no penalty, so no guarantee it would be awarded even if Salah goes down /dives. I don't buy the if you can't beat them join them BS, we can't be rightly calling out the likes of Alli, Kane, Young, et Al for diving and then complaining when our players don't do it. Besides, we still could have got something out of the game, it wasn't really the technical/tactical masterclass that is being spun. The only stroke United pulled/trick Klopp missed was the mismatches with lovren picking up Lukaku, and it payed off rich dividends. A 2 goal lead changed the game hugely, even if Virgil scores into his open goal it's a different game.
    Anyway, if my aunt had balls and all that..... Move on: Watford next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Robertson could have also "won" a pen in the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Why would mane tripping fellaini be a Liverpool penalty? If anything it probably should have been a free out but in all fairness the understanding that it was mostly an accidental coming together of two players who didn't have the ball and play on was a perfectly reasonable decision.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Why would mane tripping fellaini be a Liverpool penalty? If anything it probably should have been a free out but in all fairness the understanding that it was mostly an accidental coming together of two players who didn't have the ball and play on was a perfectly reasonable decision.

Ya Mane tripped Fellaini!!!! How dare he foot have been going there when Fellaini behind him wanted to be there.

2 months and a lot of football left let no one count where they are yet as there final position

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Ya Mane tripped Fellaini!!!! How dare he foot have been going there when Fellaini behind him wanted to be there.

2 months and a lot of football left let no one count where they are yet as there final position

Both were going for the ball, mane put his foot across fellaini. It's not a big deal, personally feel ye had a better claim with the Valencia one.

Don't think the second part of your post relates to me.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Thought it was a fairly clear pen myself but in mitigation I don't think the ref had a great view of it. The little shove into the back of Mane would have been unseen from the ref's angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Grayditch wrote: »
    Part of me wishes we'd played for a drawn or a sneaky win at United. Wouldn't have minded watching that for one game. Not all season, of course. Imagine.

And we would have had that sort of game if Liverpool defended the long ball and flick on instead of conceding twice. We didn't have our fullbacks pushing forward etc.

In isolation it's easy to blame Trent and Lovren but I was really disappointed with Van Dijk for the goals too. He avoided making any decision on both occasions and "marked his space" .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

VVD was not to blame for either of those goals yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Both were going for the ball, mane put his foot across fellaini. It's not a big deal, personally feel ye had a better claim with the Valencia one.

Don't think the second part of your post relates to me.

No the 2nd part was just me putting in a general remark I had just thought of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I see the humour thread pulling on the stuff from YNFA, really tells you about the kind of people who follow him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

brevity wrote: »

and the video uploader just got himself a fine and 6 points for driving while using his phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I was looking forward to Carra and Rodgers on MNF. Guess that won't happen now.

Funny to see the real side of Carra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Shocking stuff from a grown man. What a gimp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

and the video uploader just got himself a fine and 6 points for driving while using his phone

but spitting at children warrants no comment

fair play, focus on the important things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I’m in no way condoning Carraghers behaviour here, it’s scummy, but there was no way all he said was haha good result 2-1... ha ha 2-1.. I’d say the driver was prick before that. No excuse for spitting at a kid though

I was looking forward to Carra and Rodgers on MNF. Guess that won't happen now.

Funny to see the real side of Carra.

spitting at children is "funny"

right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Shocking stuff from a grown man. What a gimp.

Unbelievable isnt it? He said it happened 3 or 4 times and he snapped. What a crock of ****. Just drive off or ignore it for Christ sake.

Utter scumbag.

• Advertisement

Spitting on someone won't kill them but using your phone while driving can kill you and other road users.

Both were idiots and both should be punished.

astradave wrote: »
    I’m in no way condoning Carraghers behaviour here, it’s scummy, but there was no way all he said was haha good result 2-1... ha ha 2-1.. I’d say the driver was prick before that. No excuse for spitting at a kid though

he said himself he was being goaded, as if that's in any an excusable reason to spit at a child.

the line of work he's in, and had been his whole professional life, it kind of puts you in the line to be goaded a bit.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Spitting on someone won't kill them

it's exactly how TB was spread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Bot42 wrote: »

This thread has peaked

TB isn't a problem anymore. Fatalities from driver error are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

Hard to know how this will play out for Carra..I suspect he’ll get away with it and avoid any repercussions from Sky.
    I have to say his reaction shocked me - seems like a decent skin.

Not much you can say about someone spitting, it is there caught on camera and disgusting, but said camera was being used by a Dad while driving and is therefore against the law and if he does get fined and 6 points will his 15 mins of fame be worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Shít.

The father was no doubt acting the prick. There's no way he wasn't abusive. 'Banter' is such an easy word to throw around. And yes, he should probably be done for having the camera out (not that I give a toss).

But nothing excuses Carra.
    Nothing.
    Nada.
    Zilch.
    Just drive the fúck away.

And to even consider spitting? Christ.
    Tell them to fúck off.
    Shout expletives.
    Give them the finger.
    Call them cúnts.
    Mime the wánker sign.
    Do just about anything.

Just don't spit like an utter lowlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Not much you can say about someone spitting, it is there caught on camera and disgusting, but said camera was being used by a Dad while driving and is therefore against the law and if he does get fined and 6 points will his 15 mins of fame be worth it?

I’d say the Mirror paid more than enough money for the video to cover the fine.

He may get the points although I’m sure the driver’s lawyer will come up with some cock and bull story to say he wasn’t holding the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

So many things wrong in that video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

he said himself he was being goaded, as if that's in any an excusable reason to spit at a child.

the line of work he's in, and had been his whole professional life, it kind of puts you in the line to be goaded a bit.

Yeah seen that I’m just referring to what the the bloke said to the papers

what I wouldn't give to be spat at in the face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Club Legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Carragher is a prick.

Too many examples of it. Sent a weird tweet to a Bt Sport presenter few weeks ago.
    Threw a bottle back at Arsenal fans years back too.

Whenever he does something like this I just remind myself he is actually a Toffee.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement