Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

and the video uploader just got himself a fine and 6 points for driving while using his phone
    It looks like Carra isn't wearing a seatbelt either?

A very scummy thing to do, though. He could've just shouted expletives and closed the window.

Lol.... some way to end this weekend. Oh Jamie :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Awful behaviour but did I read right in that he's Typhoid Mary now? Jaysus, anything for a pop these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

byte wrote: »
    It looks like Carra isn't wearing a seatbelt either?

A very scummy thing to do, though. He could've just shouted expletives and closed the window.

And he is not wearing a seat belt he too should be fined and get points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

MD1990 wrote: »
    Carragher is a prick.

Too many examples of it. Sent a weird tweet to a Bt Sport presenter few weeks ago.
    Threw a bottle back at Arsenal fans years back too.

Wasn't it alleged that he called in a few of the local boys to do over someone about 10 years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Maybe Arbeloa was in the car too...

Carra has a reputation for someone who loves to wind up people when he gets the chance - seems he has an issue with taking it.

The big baby.

DeanAustin wrote: »
    I’d say the Mirror paid more than enough money for the video to cover the fine.

He may get the points although I’m sure the driver’s lawyer will come up with some cock and bull story to say he wasn’t holding the phone.

Well if his job needs a driving license he could lose it, but I say since it is a celeb he will get away with it. The camera was moving around so can’t really say he was not holding it and was not paying full attention to the road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I'm really disgusted and saddened by that. So what if the Utd fan was giving him some abuse... It's only piss-taking.

I just can't understand why you'd do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Yip. No doubt some pretty bad stuff said to him, but can't do that.
    Gotta love the parents though. Driving and recording on the road, acting the dicks themselves winding up someone who's also driving; and then the big concern act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Presumably everyone can be fined for something. Which is nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Wasn't it alleged that he called in a few of the local boys to do over someone about 10 years ago?

Yep,over a tackle of all things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

He has to hold. Himself to a higher standard.

Some questionable person can, with his kids in the car, shout at abuse at you multiple times but you have to hold it together.

Edit: with a camera phone out as well trying to illicit a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Patww79 wrote: »
    If Keys and Gray were forced out then you'd think he has to go.

Keys and Gray were forced out because they wanted them out. Sky themselves released those extra video clips. Sky like Carragher.

noodler wrote: »
    He has to hold. Himself to a higher standard.

Some questionable person can, with his kids in the car, shout at abuse at you multiple times but you have to hold it together.

Man , end of the day sky can pretend himself and Neville and all these other players are whiter than white pros but at the end of the day the majority of them are absolute scumbags. Shocks me as a Liverpool supporter but not surprised

• Advertisement

Well if his job needs a driving license he could lose it, but I say since it is a celeb he will get away with it. The camera was moving around so can’t really say he was not holding it and was not paying full attention to the road

How will he get any points, all he has to say is his daughter was holding it. They can't prove anything

It was Lucas Neill after he broke his leg. Jamie’s friend seen him out shopping called him and asked if he wanted them to attack Lucas.

From his book

"A few weeks later I received a phone call. 'You won't believe this, Jay. We're in [Manchester shopping mall] the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?'

"Did I really want Neill to take a crack? 'There's only one problem,' added the voice. 'Little Davey Thommo is with him.'

"That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault.

"Besides, he'd have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks."

Carragher added: "As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,979 ✭✭✭doc_17

Carra is toast. You can’t do what he did and be stupid enough to be caught and expect to get away with it.

How will he get any points, all he has to say is his daughter was holding it. They can't prove anything

Did you watch until the end? When you can tell the camera is being held by the driver or are you saying the daughter reaching over the driver

Did you watch until the end? When you can tell the camera is being held by the driver or are you saying the daughter reaching over the driver

As far as Carra is concerned the only court that matters here is the court of public opinion. And he had no defence.

• Advertisement

doc_17 wrote: »
    As far as Carra is concerned the only court that matters here is the court of public opinion. And he had no defence.

Can’t defend what he did it’s disgusting behaviour that I am sure he may only be regretting as it has been caught on camera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Yip. No doubt some pretty bad stuff said to him, but can't do that.
    Gotta love the parents though. Driving and recording on the road, acting the dicks themselves winding up someone who's also driving; and then the big concern act.

Even the daughter was mortified at her father for goading & taking the p1ss like a school kid. She's the only one to come out of spit-gate with any dignity. Story over I hope.

garra wrote: »
    Even the daughter was mortified at her father for goading & taking the p1ss like a school kid. She's the only one to come out of spit-gate with any dignity. Story over I hope.

Nah united fans are lapping it up, it will be here for a while

Can’t defend what he did it’s disgusting behaviour that I am sure he may only be regretting as it has been caught on camera

You can’t be sure of that. Stick to the facts.

garra wrote: »
    Think it was her telling her dad to turn it off eventually.
    Just hope her name doesn’t come out. If she’s a kid in school, it’s the type of thing that’ll just be used to bully with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Stupid thing to do. I like Carra, himself and Neville are the best around . Well able to but their club loyalty aside when analysing games. Could be under pressure now though. Scummy thing to do. No excuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

United fan felt a need to open a thread about it, will the obsession ever end.

Well they did not get much of a reaction after the game so they are trying anything now even tabloid style thread titles

Delusion over there.
    Concerned that Evans name gets dragged into it, but ok to bring up Suarez.
    It’s their chance to take a shot, get fake anger going, and feel better about their day.
    Meh.....just another day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There is a thread in the tv forum about it as well

• Advertisement

I want to know who is defending on here, everyone has said it is a disgusting thing to do, poor tv mods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I doubt he'll lose his Sky gig over it, not saying he shouldn't, I just think he's become a bit too popular for them to lose him. Himself and Neville have actually made a pre-match show worth watching.

As for the video itself I'm not sure what's more vile, Carra spitting at them or the dad being extremely giddy that his daughter had just been spit on, because it meant he had footage of a scandal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I doubt he'll lose his Sky gig over it, not saying he shouldn't, I just think he's become a bit too popular for them to lose him. Himself and Neville have actually made a pre-match show worth watching.

As for the video itself I'm not sure what's more vile, Carra spitting at them or the dad being extremely giddy that his daughter had just been spit on, because it meant he had footage of a scandal.

He might ya know. I wouldn't be counting anything out. It took Gray and Keyes several days to get the sack.

I like the Carragher/Neville formula and he's been getting better as he gets used to the job. I hope he doesn't get the sack but if he does, he can only blame himself. I mean ffs. What was he thinking? I've never spat at anyone in my life and I don't think anybody could do or say anything to make me do it. Its such a scummy thing to do. He's better than that surely?

With regards United fans being delusional or obsessed......talking about this sort of stuff just makes a person look like they excuse what he did. It doesn't matter who is saying it....whatever team they support. It was stupid and disgusting and thats it. Making excuses for it is bad form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wonder if he’ll try blame Lovren on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Has El Hadji Diouf tweeted him yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

if he gets the sack who'll play CB with Van Dijck ....... oh wait it doesn't matter, meh!

Some people have no respect for a club legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Come on man. You can't really just have used the word "respect" while defending a guy who just spit on a little girl? You can't be serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Kirby wrote: »

Come on man. You can't really just have used the word "respect" while defending a guy who just spit on a little girl? You can't be serious.

He still is, but he still has to act like it. Even after retirement he represents the club by default.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Was going to say that there was no way Sky will keep him on and going to use the example of Ron Atkinson who got sacked for much less. Before I did I wikipidied what Atkinson did, jesus he was some racist. Remember at the time thinking he was harshly treated. Judging him by 2018 standards however it looks awful.
    Still laughed at the comment he made to an Irish contestant on CBB "Are you carrying a bomb?", oh Ron you rascal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

brevity wrote: »
    Carra has a reputation for someone who loves to wind up people when he gets the chance - seems he has an issue with taking it.

The big baby.

Ya, that's what I was thinking too. He has had some very funny tweets over the years with his "bantz" going viral. The back and forth with fans. If you dish it out and can't take it then you look twice as bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

He still is, but he still has to act like it. Even after retirement he represents the club by default.

That's not true this has nothing to do with Liverpool football club unless he is still one of the paid former players which I don't think he is?

It doesn't take away from what he was or did for pool it's a really bad mistake I'm sure he wished he could take it back now but that's life he will be punished for it.

Like I said in the United thread as bad as it is and it is really scummy but sky kept on one of the news girls after been caught drink driving with her kids in the car he needs punishment but don't hang him out to dry over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Pretty sure Coulson is implying at something else there
    Criticism of 'club legends' doesn't go down well here with some posters, even when it warranted.
    Maybe that's what he is implying.
    Don't think he's saying that we shouldn't criticise Carragher becuase he's a 'club legend'.

Have to say I'm very disappointed no one mentioned badgers when the TB charge was thrown at Carragher in heRe.

I’m not defending him in any way I’m mocking those that are.

He’s not a nice man and never has been and plenty have pulled posters up here for saying so by telling those posters they have no respect for a club legend when the Criticise him.

On the pitch as a player he is a club legend off the pitch he is the furthest thing from being that.

Wasn't his dad banned from every ground in England at one point? Still 2005 Champions League :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I am heading to New York during easter and am looking forward to visiting Carraghers pub in times square.

Just thought i would post that. **** the faux outrage !

ricero wrote: »
    I am heading to New York during easter and am looking forward to visiting Carraghers pub in times square.

Just thought i would post that. **** the faux outrage !

Most of the outrage is coming from users who do their best to get a reaction from others, and when the shoe is on the other foot they will pretend to be out raged at someone dare do it to them.

Classic bully tendencies

Ladbrokes have made us joint favorites to sign Donnarumma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Most of the outrage is coming from users who do their best to get a reaction from others, and when the shoe is on the other foot they will pretend to be out raged at someone dare do it to them.

Classic bully tendencies

Bollocks. Some posters have really let themselves down here with their comments.

I mean, he was a great Liverpool player, so he can get away with anything? Spitting at children from his Range Rover... No bother, legend.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Bollocks. Some posters have really let themselves down here with their comments.

I mean, he was a great Liverpool player, so he can get away with anything? Spitting at children from his Range Rover... No bother, legend.

Nobody is defending him from what I see, they are calling it disgusting behaviour

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement