Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Just saw the carragher video now. What an absolute idiot. Disgusting. Theres no comeback from spitting at a person. What was he thinking ?! Crazy scumbag behaviour. I dont think theres any way back from this. He should and probably will be sacked from sky and can have no complaints. It really is the lowest of the low spitting at someone .

Whenever a spitting story comes out everyone seems to go with it being the lowest of the lows.

It was a disgusting, deplorable act. No questions there, why he would even do so is what annoys me the most. But lowest of the low? Surely if he had of filled a glass up with his own urine and tossed it into a crowd of supporters that would be a bit lower.

Again, it was a disgraceful act, but in the UK and Ireland, particularly, there seems to be an obsession with the act of spitting and how it is simply the worst thing you could ever do to someone, an act that you can never come back from. Personally think some people are going over the top with their opinions that there is no way back for him. People have come back from similar and from worse within the sport. Foolish, idiotic and barbaric but I don't agree with all the calls for his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Stupid mistake. But I wouldn’t apologise on Sky, of all places. I’d learn from it and move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I guess I don't really... care a lot about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ush wrote: »
    Stupid mistake. But I wouldn’t apologise on Sky, of all places. I’d learn from it and move on.

Considering they are paying him something like a £1m a year that's the first place he would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Whenever a spitting story comes out everyone seems to go with it being the lowest of the lows.

It was a disgusting, deplorable act. No questions there, why he would even do so is what annoys me the most. But lowest of the low? Surely if he had of filled a glass up with his own urine and tossed it into a crowd of supporters that would be a bit lower.

Again, it was a disgraceful act, but in the UK and Ireland, particularly, there seems to be an obsession with the act of spitting and how it is simply the worst thing you could ever do to someone, an act that you can never come back from. Personally think some people are going over the top with their opinions that there is no way back for him. People have come back from similar and from worse within the sport. Foolish, idiotic and barbaric but I don't agree with all the calls for his head.

I never got this POV either - Not condoning it but you could certainly go a lot lower

• Advertisement

Somebody should review it Dunphy Italia ’90 style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Carragher, is a disgrace. I'm a huge fan of his. But still. He may fall on his sword. If someone had spat on my daughter I'd see crimson red. It's just madness total madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

emo72 wrote: »
    Carragher, is a disgrace. I'm a huge fan of his. But still. He may fall on his sword. If someone had spat on my daughter I'd see crimson red. It's just madness total madness.

But would you put your daughter in danger like the father did by recording someone else while driving?

There could have been a very serious car accident as a result of this.

Can they bought be charged for traffic offences? Using mobile/spitting at moving traffic? Any legal eagles here?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

emo72 wrote: »

Would you have being doing what the guy with the daughter in this instance was? He was goading him in the hopes of getting a video of carragher doing something that he could sell to the media or make him 'famous' on twitter. He was hoping for carragher to tell him to eff off or give him the finger or something.

Carragher was stupid for 2 reasons. The first is because it is a disgusting way to react, and totally OTT. the second is that spitting out of a moving car window is likely to result in most of it being blown back in your own window anyhow. Sky are trying to manage the situation with a staged apology and a suspension and seeing if it ultimately dies down.

As said above, while spitting at someone is vile and disgusting, I'd rather someone spat at me than punched me in the face or tried to break my leg with a tackle. In football terms, the only thing as overblown as the reactions to this is the reaction to someone waving an imaginary card at the ref, whereas if they went up and remonstrated with the ref, trying to get someone booked, which happens every game, nothing is said. The difference is that it is usually the foreigners that don't speak English well enough to tell the ref to book him that wave the imaginary card, and the English speaking ones say it directly to the ref.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'd be a lot more offended if he threw his shoe at me and if I was an Arab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Preview of him returning to MNF.

Sgt-Slaughter---DX-professional-wrestling-235771_456_352.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

pjohnson wrote: »
    NukaCola wrote: »
    Long term yes I'd say he'll play centrally. He is a CB but he is also a defender that has played out wide, I was just saying TAA hasn't apart from this season and is a Midfield/Wide player, afaik anyway that is.

I think sticking Gomez beside VDD until end of season could save ye a packet and leave ye just needing a RB.

Gomez has been at fault for a number of goals this year as well getting caught at the back post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

So, everyone cheering for Sevilla tomorrow night? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

So, everyone cheering for Sevilla tomorrow night? :pac:

Yea of course.......would be good to know that we've seen the back of Mourinho for a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

beya2009 wrote: »
    I knew Richard Keys just couldn't help himself so had to tweet about the Carragher incident lol

I didn't see it as old hairy hands has blocked me, but I'm guessing it went something like this:

"Here's an early call: Carra's saliva to finish above Everton this season."

Or something. He's a bad one Keys.

Too morose in here the past few days so here's Naby doing some fun stuff with a ball.

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/973180290104479744

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I've not read the last X pages, anything happening that is not Carra related?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Lovren could be in serious ****. Hes being investigated for giving false testimony in some court case in Croatia. Modric also in trouble. Details are sketchy at the minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I've not read the last X pages, anything happening that is not Carra related?

Dave got stuck again

hqdefault.jpg

• Advertisement

Lovren could be in serious ****. Hes being investigated for giving false testimony in some court case in Croatia. Modric also in trouble. Details are sketchy at the minute

That's been rumbling on for an age. Hopefully he is jailed so we don't have to watch him defend.... :o

Salah's current notional value is now £144m, bit on the low side. If RM or PSG came for him you'd want 200m minimum!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43373081

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Modric was charged today

More on Harry Wilson
    WhoScored.com @WhoScored

Harry Wilson vs Norwich

Shots -- 4
    Goals -- 1
    Key passes -- 4
    Assists -- 1
    Dribbles -- 4
    Tackles -- 2
    Interceptions -- 1
    Rating -- 9.36

The @hullcity winger is our Championship player of the week after their entertaining 4-3 win over Norwich.

and the whoscored Championship team of the week with two Liverpool players

Z2pqj_PLSg_HB1_BSt_Bvo_AJ4-z_Bwms_QTg_M2f_Bv_Bil7h1-_M.jpg

Marko Grujic seems to be getting the seal of approval from Tony Pulis, he's playing as a No 6 for them so it's taken a few games to start to acclimatise to that deeper role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

two grown men acting like kids in a fckin playground is worldwide news ffs, your mans daughter was morto at what he was at, utd and toffee fans will not let it die down quietly for certain, if your man has any skeletons they better be well hid too coz to be sure people will be looking at him now too. idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It's all centered around a corruption trial of Zdravko Mamić and he sounds like a real scumbag.

Wasn't Lovren and his family drugged in Croatia during the summer?

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that both himself and Modric had been threatened.

Mamic was the target of an assassination attempt during the summer as well. I dunno have they caught them yet, but usually people who are victims of assassination attempts aren't sound lads unless they're elected officials or journalists investigating in organised crime.

Davor Suker, former international and head of the Croatian FA is wrapped up in in too. It sounds like a right mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

MD1990 wrote: »
    Carragher is a prick.

Too many examples of it. Sent a weird tweet to a Bt Sport presenter few weeks ago.
    Threw a bottle back at Arsenal fans years back too.

I believe it was a coin he threw back

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭beya2009

Yea of course.......would be good to know that we've seen the back of Mourinho for a season.

lol Would love it if Sevilla beat them but I can't see it happening with their dodgy form.

No doubt it'll come out in the papers next week that this was preying on his mind during the first half on Saturday.

I believe it was a coin he threw back

Fuck 'em, Arsenal fans have been asking for change for years, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That's been rumbling on for an age. Hopefully he is jailed so we don't have to watch him defend.... :o

Salah's current notional value is now £144m, bit on the low side. If RM or PSG came for him you'd want 200m minimum!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43373081

Joe Gomez the only other Liverpool player on the list is worth £50m according to that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Preview of him returning to MNF.

Sgt-Slaughter---DX-professional-wrestling-235771_456_352.jpg

Sorry your picture is fake news.

Here's the real photo.

2rhlqpw.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

"I put it to you, Mr Lovren, that you are an international standard centre-back?"

"Oh yeah, absolutely."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Hi very rare poster here. As a massive Liverpool fan since 1986, I just wanted to express my disappointment at Carras behaviour. Spitting is absolutely disgusting, I don't even understand why he rolled the window down in the first place.

He should be sacked from Sky and for me, it completely tarnishes his time at Liverpool. You bloody idiot Carra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Hi very rare poster here. As a massive Liverpool fan since 1986, I just wanted to express my disappointment at Carras behaviour. Spitting is absolutely disgusting, I don't even understand why he rolled the window down in the first place.

He should be sacked from Sky and for me, it completely tarnishes his time at Liverpool. You bloody idiot Carra

Get a grip.

It was just stupidity and road rage. Some people losing the run of themselves and getting awful upset all together.

City 21 points ahead now.

I think the league is gone now unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Next year then?

Agree with your first paragraph sentiment but I don't get your last point.

What he did on Saturday has nothing to with Liverpool or his career with Liverpool.

Next year then?

Yes.

We've to be right some year if we keep saying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Massive Liverpool fan whose a very rare poster yet you come on here and post this outta the millions of things you could post about liverpool,why don't you piss off back to not posting

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Massive Liverpool fan whose a very rare poster yet you come on here and post this outta the millions of things you could post about liverpool,why don't you piss off back to not posting

C'mon, disagree with the man but that is ott surley!! Jeez.

• Advertisement

Bloody hell that's a nice welcome to the thread.

People are free to post as often or as infrequent as they like. Although I'd guess your time here is limited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

murpho999 wrote: »
    Bloody hell that's a nice welcome to the thread.

People are free to post as often or as infrequent as they like. Although I'd guess your time here is limited.

Why would you say that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

murpho999 wrote: »
    City 21 points ahead now.

I think the league is gone now unfortunately.

Will be fun when they beat United to win the league

Cheeky reddit thread
    Agent Mauricio: Infiltrates, Sells Prized Asset, Leaves. Job Done

Why would you say that

I'll let a mod tell you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Why would you say that

Because that kind of behaviour is in breach of the charter. 3 months break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

This place is so bleak of late. I feel I’m posting out of sympathy at this point. It’s like visiting a terminally ill neighbor or something.

brevity wrote: »
    This place is so bleak of late. I feel I’m posting out of sympathy at this point. It’s like visiting a terminally ill neighbor or something.

Meh, one bad result really. Anyone getting down over Carra's lunacy needs to have a word with themselves. Now, if we don't get 3 points at home to Watford, that's a cause for the blues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

mosstin wrote: »
    Meh, one bad result really. Anyone getting down over Carra's lunacy needs to have a word with themselves. Now, if we don't get 3 points at home to Watford, that's a cause for the blues.

Nah. It’s not even results it's the soccer forum as a whole. It’s so bloody sterile. It’s colour by numbers - don’t go outside the lines. It’s so weird. Nothing here feels natural anymore...I dunno. Maybe it’s just run it’s course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I read this a lot since last night. And as someone who once got sucker punched out of the blue on a football pitch, believe me I'd much prefer to be spat at that punched in the face again. As horrible as it is.

Obviously getting sucker punched out of the blue is fairly shocking, because you're not expecting it and theres no reason why you should be a victim. But in the context of the situation, what carragher did is the absolute lowest thing he could have reasonably done. People would be more forgiving if he told him to f*ck off, or gave him the fingers or whatever...but to go straight to full on spitting on someone is crazy. I cant believe that he bypassed all his other options, driving on, rolling the windows up, shouting back abuse or whatever ...and went straight to being a scumbag.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement