Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I am not defending him in anyway however all of those options may well have been exhausted, what we saw in the vide was the guys third or fourth go at him on the same stretch of road,

• I am not defending him in anyway however all of those options may well have been exhausted, what we saw in the vide was the guys third or fourth go at him on the same stretch of road,

Honest question, how can you know if it was the third or fourth time?
    Ultimately all he was still saying was 'Hey Jamie, 2-1 m8, 2-1'.
    Spitting at him should never even been considered an option.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Honest question, how can you know if it was the third or fourth time?
    Ultimately all he was still saying was 'Hey Jamie, 2-1 m8, 2-1'.
    Spitting at him should never even been considered an option.

Because the only person who has released a statement about it said that it was and the other parties have not challenged it.

Honest question, what does it matter to you? I can easily hazard a guess but would not want to deny you your chance to once again tell us all how wrong it was, something that I initiated my response with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Because the only person who has released a statement about it said that it was and the other parties have not challenged it.

Honest question, what does it matter to you? I can easily hazard a guess but would not want to deny you your chance to once again tell us all how wrong it was, something that I initiated my response with.

All you have to do is listen to the girl in the video and her pleading for her father to stop to tell you it was not the 1st time, but don't let that get in the way of a good story about an ex Liverpool player for United fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Why is this even being discussed in here when there’s a dedicated thread for it? Carragher has nothing to do with Liverpool anymore, he’s not even a fan of the club, can we start talking about the actual team again at some point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/divock-origi-unhappy-loan-liverpool-14403688

Doesn't sound like things are going well for Divock Origi at Wolfsburg. Just 5 goals in 26 games and hauled off before half-time at the weekend in a 3-0 defeat - apologies if this has been posted already, I haven't waded through 10+ pages of spit talk.

If things don't work out, it won't be very surprising, though it would have been great had he returned a better striker as it is a gap to fill in the squad. You'd have to say he'd surely have scored more than Ings and Solanke had he been kept on but would also have been definitively down the pecking order all season long with the rest of the attackers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

NukaCola wrote: »
    Hi very rare poster here. As a massive Liverpool fan since 1986, I just wanted to express my disappointment at Carras behaviour. Spitting is absolutely disgusting, I don't even understand why he rolled the window down in the first place.

He should be sacked from Sky and for me, it completely tarnishes his time at Liverpool. You bloody idiot Carra

Get a grip.

It was just stupidity and road rage. Some people losing the run of themselves and getting awful upset all together.
    Here's a question why are people losing there crap about Carragher spitting but Bobbys drink driving was swept under the carpet,
    I know which one in my eyes Is worse,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Funes Mori really stunted his career, he was lighting it up for us in the Europa before that stamp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Funes Mori really stunted his career, he was lighting it up for us in the Europa before that stamp.

Rushed back in the EL final too as a sub when he clearly wasn’t ready. I really wanted him to do well but if he hasn’t progressed at Wolfsburg at this age, it’s not a good sign.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Rushed back in the EL final too as a sub when he clearly wasn’t ready. I really wanted him to do well but if he hasn’t progressed at Wolfsburg at this age, it’s not a good sign.

Yep, this just about covers it.

I know that it's not always the case at every club, but it's hard to think of too many players who established themselves in the first team before being sent out on loan and still managed to make a comeback into the first team afterwards.

Usually a loan deal is the start of a long goodbye, at least in the case of the players we loan out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Oh please, if this wasn't a scouse on TV and a scouse that is portrayed as a rival persona to G Neville AND especially if he wasn't scouse the coverage of this thing wouldn't have been half as much "Outrage" ...

Imagine the no headlines if it were "Matt Le Tissier spat at a father and daughter in vehicle" ... would you be here in your PARANOID rivals thread making a mute point?

... give it a rest it's what gets you out of bed.

If only a number of people (both sides) would keep their points mute :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Yeah why can't people keep their moot points mute?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Isn't it a moo point, as in a cow's opinion because a cow's opinions doesn't matter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Because he didn't drop it ... clearly.

He did if you bothered looking back about 10 posts before you jumped in two feet first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Soooooo ... back to football.

Anyone excited about our chances in CL? I see alot of posters reckoning that no English teams can win the competition. I would think that any of them left in the competition would fancy their chances at this stage.

... not always the best team individually that wins it. We've played better in Finals and lost (AC Milan) and worse and won (AC Milan).

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    He did if you bothered looking back about 10 posts before you jumped in two feet first

His was LAST reply in thread as i was posting a reply to it ... so CLEARLY you were not bothered to see that. What are you Micks ****ing bodyguard? Guy trolls threads for a living im sure he can handle himself. At ease soldier. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

His was LAST reply in thread as i was posting a reply to it ... so CLEARLY you were not bothered to see that. What are you Micks ****ing bodyguard? Guy trolls threads for a living im sure he can handle himself. At ease soldier. :D

Any proof to back this up?

Mick joined In a discussion that was happening In here and In many other threads but as typical just sweep it under the carpet and pretend carragher has nothing to do with Liverpool football club anymore.

Ye have no problems discussing players of other clubs in here!!!

jayo26 wrote: »

Mick joined In a discussion that was happening In here and In many other threads but as typical just sweep it under the carpet and pretend carragher has nothing to do with Liverpool football club anymore.

Again TYPICAL of your ilk ... proof :rolleyes: ... Micks fanboys are growing in numbers. Jog on son ... jog on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Again TYPICAL of your ilk ... proof :rolleyes: ... Micks fanboys are growing in numbers. Jog on son ... jog on.

So TitianGerm, a Liverpool fan, is a Mick fanboy? Seems unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

pjohnson wrote: »

Ssssssh don't tell anyone :pac:

Possibly a double ...maybe his big brother? Friend, gay lover? Dunno why else he feels the need to stick up for the poor guy. Defo something there. Not for me to know or worry about though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭beya2009

Anyone excited about our chances in CL? I see alot of posters reckoning that no English teams can win the competition. I would think that any of them left in the competition would fancy their chances at this stage.

... not always the best team individually that wins it. We've played better in Finals and lost (AC Milan) and worse and won (AC Milan).

I think British media really fancy an English team winning it. I think the acid test will come when trying to break the Spanish dominance. Chances are probably either Barca or Real Madrid will make the final. Bayern are dangerous but their an ageing team and similar to PSG (although not as bad) the big step up from their domestic league to champions league usually a problem. It seems coating to your domestic league title not really an advantage. We can beat any of the top teams on our day.

beya2009 wrote: »
    I think British media really fancy an English team winning it. I think the acid test will come when trying to break the Spanish dominance. Chances are probably either Barca or Real Madrid will make the final. Bayern are dangerous but their an ageing team and similar to PSG (although not as bad) the big step up from their domestic league to champions league usually a problem. It seems coating to your domestic league title not really an advantage. We can beat any of the top teams on our day.

Madrid are a beast in CL. Experience of last 2 seasons will stand to them and with nothing else to play for domestically they are in a good way to push for a 3rd in a row.
    I think that any of the English teams can "Beat anyone on their night" but to win this you'll most likely need to defeat 2 top top teams. That's a huge ask ... I'd prefer to avoid United/City (assuming Chelsea going out) but at same time wouldn't like to meet Madrid unless it be a final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/divock-origi-unhappy-loan-liverpool-14403688

Doesn't sound like things are going well for Divock Origi at Wolfsburg. Just 5 goals in 26 games and hauled off before half-time at the weekend in a 3-0 defeat - apologies if this has been posted already, I haven't waded through 10+ pages of spit talk.

If things don't work out, it won't be very surprising, though it would have been great had he returned a better striker as it is a gap to fill in the squad. You'd have to say he'd surely have scored more than Ings and Solanke had he been kept on but would also have been definitively down the pecking order all season long with the rest of the attackers.

Yeah it's a bit of a deflating seasons for origi, they even sold off Mario gomez in January in some sort of hope that origi would be their main man and it hasn't turned out that way.
    I'd agree that he would have scored more than solanke and ings had he played back up this season (not hard considering they've both scored none) but I guess his loan spell will tell a lot to klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

to win this you'll most likely need to defeat 2 top top teams.

Could get to the final by beating Shaktar and ManUtd/Chelski

Don't think I would class any of them as top top teams on current form

Real Madrid the only team that would scare me of what's left in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

The Man Utd game has shown that we still have fundamental problems in defence. Very unlikely to win the CL with it IMO.

Ardent wrote: »
    The Man Utd game has shown that we still have fundamental problems in defence. Very unlikely to win the CL with it IMO.

Cup football can be surprising!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

klose wrote: »
    Yeah it's a bit of a deflating seasons for origi, they even sold off Mario gomez in January in some sort of hope that origi would be their main man and it hasn't turned out that way.
    I'd agree that he would have scored more than solanke and ings had he played back up this season (not hard considering they've both scored none) but I guess his loan spell will tell a lot to klopp.

Personally wouldnt read too much into the situation. He is doing what Klopp wanted...he is playing (more than he would at LFC). However what we should not forget is that Wolfsburg are a club which never seems to settle and there is always some sort or drama in the background, be it VW not being happy or board members/fans demanding more. Add to that a trainer changes and a general season where the team aint playing to their potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ardent wrote: »

You never know. We won it with a worse team in 2005.

• Advertisement

Teams that play like Liverpool, City and Spurs are all going to be caught out from time to time by direct longball football.

utd basically beat Liverpool & Spurs at home with basically the same goal long balls to fast pacy forward players with skill.

Is that a fundamental flaw in the defence or is that a cost of playing the football we play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

It might be something associated with that style we play but it doesn't mean that we can't limit how often is exploited through better personnel (replace Lovern, experienced right back) and through in game management ie. Look at the tactic United have tried a couple of times, tell X to drop back / man mark / double up on Lukaku or Rashford etc.

(That's just using the United game as an example)

Of course for the first goal a right back with experience (Clyne) more than likely wouldn't have given his the player space and would have anticipated Lukaku winning the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

The problem with Mick is that he spends a a huge amount of time posting crap about other clubs. Yes, we can all take a bit of banter, but there comes a time when it gets tiresome. Any time I go into the humour forum, for example, he's had at least three or four posts that aren't actully funny - they're just digs at other clubs. it's like his criteria for selecting a post is what team it's against, not whether its funny or not.

Even his posts in the United thread tend to be more anti-Liverpool than pro-United.

So when he comes over here with this reputation, it's only natrual for people to put their guards when they read his name.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

The problem with Mick is that he spends a a huge amount of time posting crap about other clubs. Yes, we can all take a bit of banter, but there comes a time when it gets tiresome. Any time I go into the humour forum, for example, he's had at least three or four posts that aren't actully funny - they're just digs at other clubs. it's like his criteria for selecting a post is what team it's against, not whether its funny or not.

Even his posts in the United thread tend to be more anti-Liverpool than pro-United.

So when he comes over here with this reputation, it's only natrual for people to put their guards when they read his name.

Come on most United fans and Liverpool fans are anti each other it's just some hide it better then others. :)

The humour thread is there for things people find funny it's not to be used to judge someone.

You can't try hound somone out of a thread just because they don't like the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Come on most United fans and Liverpool fans are anti each other it's just some hide it better then others. :)

The humour thread is there for things people find funny it's not to be used to judge someone.

You can't try hound somone out of a thread just because they don't like the club.

Yes, but most of us practice a degree of restraint and are at least openly critiical or praiseful. Mick is not, and THIS is what makes him look like a troll (not saying he is, but he comes across this way sometimes).

It would make him look better if he posted one funny anti-Liverpool joke; rather than reposting three boring City ones, a boring Chelsea one and five Wenger in-out digs.

As I said - it's not him being a United fan - I know plenty of United fans who are level headed and honest (and genuinely funny), and most of them don't like Liverpool - but they don't take every oppertunity to point it out - it's him being anti-everything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Stop giving it the air to breathe and it will go away eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Anyone who uses pics from YNFA is just on the wind up as far as I am concerned and would not waste my time in conversing with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yes, but most of us practice a degree of restraint and are at least openly critiical or praiseful. Mick is not, and THIS is what makes him look like a troll (not saying he is, but he comes across this way sometimes).

It would make him look better if he posted one funny anti-Liverpool joke; rather than reposting three boring City ones, a boring Chelsea one and five Wenger in-out digs.

As I said - it's not him being a United fan - I know plenty of United fans who are level headed and honest (and genuinely funny), and most of them don't like Liverpool - but they don't take every oppertunity to point it out - it's him being anti-everything else.

Some people somehow find Al Porter/Jack Whitehall funny/brilliant comedians. Some people have arsébackwards shíte senses of humour. Seems strange to decide someone is a troll based off rubbish jokes.

• Advertisement

Some people somehow find Al Porter/Jack Whitehall funny/brilliant comedians. Some people have arsébackwards shíte senses of humour. Seems strange to decide someone is a troll based off rubbish jokes.

Re-read the entire post again please, for a retort to that.

Anyway, I've made my point as to why Mick sometimes looks like a troll regardless of whether or not he is or is not one: he doesn't know how to post constructively and politely about other teams, but goes ahead and posts troll-y/digs instead both in the humour forum and team superthreads, in the assumption that quantiy is the same as quality. Case closed. PM if you want to take it further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Some posts moved from here to the Carra thread. No more talk of it here as it’s dragging the thread off topic. Also see a few lads taking things into their own hands and moderating the thread. Report the post and move on in future thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭beya2009

Interesting question...let's just assume we finish top 4 this season and come up short in UCL. What will be the expectation for Klopp next season? More of the same? Top 4 finish enough or challenging for the league also expected?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Teams that play like Liverpool, City and Spurs are all going to be caught out from time to time by direct longball football.

utd basically beat Liverpool & Spurs at home with basically the same goal long balls to fast pacy forward players with skill.

Is that a fundamental flaw in the defence or is that a cost of playing the football we play.

I don't know can you say it's a flaw but it's perhaps more easy to isolate the weakest link in the chain.

If you drop, I dunno, Umtiti and Alaba in there maybe there's no problem.

It's football without a safety net. If you're a tetraplegic it's not great. If you're a high wire act usually you'll be fine (although if you do it long enough, one day you'll also fall and shatter your spine).

beya2009 wrote: »
    Interesting question...let's just assume we finish top 4 this season and come up short in UCL. What will be the expectation for Klopp next season? More of the same? Top 4 finish enough or challenging for the league also expected?

Challengeing, at least. To be closer to whoever wins it than we are to City right now. Also, better cup runs. We went out very tamely in both domestic cups this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Challengeing, at least. To be closer to whoever wins it than we are to City right now. Also, better cup runs. We went out very tamely in both domestic cups this year.

Would at least expect to be challenging and maintain top 4.

Very poor in the cups this season, still cant believe that West Brom result!
    Need to start winning things again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Greek.jpg

This happens the same weekend but a man spitting, albeit a henious act, gets more coverage.
    Wonder why?

What is challenging right now? Finishing 10 points behind City.

Second this season will probably finish 15 to 20 points behind City 3rd & 4th could be close to 30 points behind.

Continuing to get top four while trying to knock 75% off the points difference to City from our own losses and draws and hope other teams can turn defeats into draws and draws into wins against them next season would be my hope.

City will more than likely out spend everyone but utd again this summer.

Winning the CL may be easier than winning the league over the next couple of the seasons.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Greek.jpg

This happens the same weekend but a man spitting, albeit a henious act, gets more coverage.
    Wonder why?

Because people in the UK are more interested in something involving a high level British person than anything in Greece?

Hardly a shock now is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Also the Greek government shut down the Greek league indefinitely although there's probably more to that than just a club owner running onto the pitch with a gun following a contentious disallowed goal.
    Still if John Henry had shot the linesman for the spurs game I wouldn't have been surprised.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Also the Greek government shut down the Greek league indefinitely although there's probably more to that than just a club owner running onto the pitch with a gun following a contentious disallowed goal.
    Still if John Henry had shot the linesman for the spurs game I wouldn't have been surprised.

or upset?!!? Not sure how that would be handled under the laws of the game. Suppose get him away from the pitch to be treated, replace him with the fourth official and have the standby take over as 4th. Henry would obviously have to be ejected from the stadium as well.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement