Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭Enzokk

If we could have scored first the weekend there was a real possibility we would have put 5 or 6 past this Utd team. They are defensively sound but as seen tonight if they have to chase a game they are so open. But they were more clinical than us the weekend. At least I feel better after Saturday.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

RobertKK wrote: »
    He seems relieved United are out for some reason...

More excited to be in the next round I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Typical United always obsessed with Liverpool :pac::D

Each are obsessed by each other from what I see. They are the two most successful teams in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I will get stick for this from those over the fence but i would have like a chance at United without English refs in charge of the games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

I will get stick for this from those over the fence but i would have like a chance at United without English refs in charge of the games
    We did recently enough, and knocked them out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Mentioned Liverpool twice in after match interview did Jose

Wtf

Should have mentioned Liverpool 5 times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I wanted to draw them next. I know over two legs the truth would emerge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Sod it, i guess today was'nt that bad after all !

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

You are the poster who brought it off on the tangent when you posted the link and again you live in a Country that lets you post links to articles in the free press.

I'm too busy having a nice laugh at the Mancs and enjoying the company of friends with s few beers ATM.
    I'll chat to you in the morning when I have a spare few minutes between important stuff.

I don't think I've ever tasted sweeter Seville oranges. Although I understand that they leave a bitter taste in threads elsewhere.

Nice to see Man U out of Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Honestly,hope they keep Jose for 2-3 more seasons. Piss them off for years

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Giggs could be pried from the Wales job I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,979 ✭✭✭doc_17

Jose’s 3rd time to knock Utd out of the Champions League at Old Trafford!!

Honestly,hope they keep Jose for 2-3 more seasons. Piss them off for years

He'll eventually fall out with the board and players and leave like he always does.

Found his press conference shocking.

Saying it's not the end of the world and Utd have experienced this before when he beat Utd as manager of Porto and Real Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not sure who they could bring in if Ed Woodward is after names. BM also need a new manager as Heynckes is retiring this summer (well at Easter in all likelihood) while PSG and RM will both probably be after managers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

murpho999 wrote: »
    Saying it's not the end of the world and Utd have experienced this before when he beat Utd as manager of Porto and Real Madrid.
    Wow.
    I'm sorry I switched it off at full time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Not sure who they could bring in if Ed Woodward is after names. BM also need a new manager as Heynckes is retiring this summer (well at Easter in all likelihood) while PSG and RM will both probably be after managers.

Zidane would be a huge name for Marketing purposes which seems to be the reason for buying players at utd .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Chapter 2: The Absence Of Mick.

C0937178-_D709-4419-95_BB-8159_A9_B6_DA96.jpg

29177750_1839287006092826_4976904439274143744_n.jpg?oh=139458cdd2e5266f0f31997a29eb888f&oe=5B45F937

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    Not thanking many comments in here tonight :)

Jose..

Liverpool have the Champions League but they don't have the FA Cup.

:)

• Grayditch wrote: »

I'm here folks, have at it

Capture1213.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Jose..

Liverpool have the Champions League but they don't have the FA Cup.

:)

Must have money on us with his local bookie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Grayditch wrote: »

Brave man. I thought we were a fickle bunch. After Liverpool game all was rosy in utd thread and tonight the vast majority want Jose's head. This thread was full of utd heads for 2 days solid and now oddly enough you are a lone Star in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Anyone got a Frank De Boer laughing Gif?

All the English media talk of 5 being in the quarter finals now looks like only being 2 this time tomorrow.

eyerer wrote: »
    Wow.
    I'm sorry I switched it off at full time :D

On Sky Sports News now.

• Damien360 wrote: »
    Brave man. I thought we were a fickle bunch. After Liverpool game all was rosy in utd thread and tonight the vast majority want Jose's head. This thread was full of utd heads for 2 days solid and now oddly enough you are a lone Star in here.

I'm not as bad as some make out. Believe it or not.
    Tbf it was hard not to enjoy beating a bitter rival on Saturday.

But tonight Utd deserve all the piss take they get.
    Gutted I am but sure what ya gonna do. Take it in the chin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

murpho999 wrote: »
    He'll eventually fall out with the board and players and leave like he always does.

Found his press conference shocking.

That had me in fits laughing.

"“I’ve sat in this chair twice before, with Porto — Man Utd out, with Real Madrid — Man Utd out, so this is nothing new for this football club,”

Made my day. United fans I know want him sacked for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭Grueller

I'm not as bad as some make out. Believe it or not.
    Tbf it was hard not to enjoy beating a bitter rival on Saturday.

But tonight Utd deserve all the piss take they get.
    Gutted I am but sure what ya gonna do. Take it in the chin!

Well done Mick. I have no problem with anyone dishing it out when they can also take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

In sport one's hubris should never run too high, for the sporting gods will have their fun eventually. Utd fans had a grand aul time on here for a couple of days but I'd bet ya they'd swap results now if they could.

Great to be amongst the cream of the cream in Friday's draw icon14.png

• Grueller wrote: »
    Well done Mick. I have no problem with anyone dishing it out when they can also take it.

Facing work tomorrow is going to suck serious ass :/

giphy.gif

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    In sport one's hubris should never run too high, for the sporting gods will have their fun eventually. Utd fans had a grand aul time on here for a couple of days but I'd bet ya they'd swap results now if they could.

Great to be amongst the cream of the cream in Friday's draw icon14.png

Absolutely. What goes around comes around.

Give me a seat in the quarters every day over a league win over Utd.

It was a cup final for some though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

And so shall ye reap....!

Your brave, I'll give you that. In fainress, your assessment on the United thread seemed to be pretty honest. I feared not trying got an away goal might come back to bite you in the ass even two weeks ago.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Can you ring in dead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Absolutely. What goes around comes around.

Give me a seat in the quarters every day over a league win over Utd.

It was a cup final for some though.

You'd swear it meant nothing to us. People keep repeating the "didn't want to win it anyway" joke. I'd gladly take a quarter final in the CL over beating United, but losing to them at the weekend sucked a lot more than your average PL loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

I thought "this" was your job! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

It shows that we need to have the answers to play all sorts of styles that we come up against.

We simply cant go into every game and think we can just blitz the opposition and sometimes we'll have to just frustrate them and nick the odd goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Would I be correct in saying that with spurs,Utd and probably(far from certain) Chelsea getting eliminated that financially it's has been a good couple of weeks for us,ie TV money getting split 2 ways instead if 5

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Mick you're not the worst but while you're here could you drop the obsession with lemons and salt unless you're being paid to plug them!

Liverpool considering a move for Werner is being reported by Miguel Delaney tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool considering a move for Werner is being reported by Miguel Delaney tonight.

You might as well have typed
    Liverpool considering a move for Werner is being reported by Agent Coulson tonight

Not a chance, Leipzig are all lubed up ready for the Bayern Munich offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Would I be correct in saying that with spurs,Utd and probably(far from certain) Chelsea getting eliminated that financially it's has been a good couple of weeks for us,ie TV money getting split 2 ways instead if 5

I think the eight quarter finalists get the same regardless.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

‘I’ve sat in this chair twice before, with Porto [2004] – Man Utd out, with Real Madrid [2013] – Man Utd out, so this is nothing new for this football club,’

Those words sound like they came from a rival manager taking a shot at the club he just knocked out. Any one still backing that idiot has lost the plot.

‘I’ve sat in this chair twice before, with Porto [2004] – Man Utd out, with Real Madrid [2013] – Man Utd out, so this is nothing new for this football club,’

Those words sound like they came from a rival manager taking a shot at the club he just knocked out. Any one still backing that idiot has lost the plot.

I'm backing him!

Awful comment to make, I wondered what the Utd supporters would make of it....

It reminded me of something Hodgson would say but it's actually worse.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    It reminded me of something Hodgson would say but it's actually worse.
    Hodgson came to mind for me as well.
    It should lose him all support; but I’m sure the “we’re 2nd” brigade will back him, despite hundreds of millions spent.

• Advertisement

Hodgson came to mind for me as well.
    It should lose him all support; but I’m sure the “we’re 2nd” brigade will back him, despite hundreds of millions spent.

Probably here the spin of deflecting the blame from the team.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement