Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

I think we can beat Real and Barca on our day, I think they would both provide a great game and there would be no shame in being put out by them.

Would prefer to avoid Juve, Bayern, Chelsea, and City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I see the draw like this:

Tier One: Teams we may be better than on paper

Sevilla
    Roma

Tier Two: Teams better than us that we match up well against tactically

Bayern
    Barcelona
    City

Tier Three: Teams better / more experienced than us who will relish countering our style

Juve
    Madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Who cares who it is. It is the Quarter Finals anything can happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I'm just glad that we don't have to play either United or Spurs again this season :pac:

I think we have the potential to go toe to toe with nearly anyone over 2 legs but as Lloyd said, I'd be wary of the experience of Madrid and Juve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Who cares who it is.

Almost everyone, a little bit.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Almost everyone, a little bit.

I say bring it on at this stage you have to be confident getting to the last 8, there will be no easy games no matter who you are drawn against.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I say bring it on at this stage you have to be confident getting to the last 8, there will be no easy games no matter who you are drawn against.
    Perhaps but some of those that are not easy will be easier than others..

But if you get a draw that suits your team's playing a bit better, you'll go further, get more money and it'll be a boost for the squad. There's no easy games. But there's easier games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Regards the CL draw Man City is the nightmare scenario imo. I can't see us beating them over two legs, they just have too much firepower I think. I know we blitzed them recently but still only scraped the win. I think the other heavyweights left in might see us as an unknown quantity and maybe take us lightly. I want City to get Real Madrid or Barca assuming they go through.

Yeah i think you're right, don't want City. I hate playing English clubs in Europe anyway. Always prefer the continental clubs. If i could choose, it'd be Roma or Sevilla. Both tough, but very winnable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

If City get the worst draw and we get a nice one, we could be representing England in Semis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

If City get the worst draw and we get a nice one, we could be representing England in Semis.
    Christ, that'd be magical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'd argue that playing away leg first is the more important outcome of the draw than the opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

we're English now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

gimli2112 wrote: »
    we're English now?

Well, Liverpool is a city in north-west England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

x43r0 wrote: »

Wtf ? Since when

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Ideally Sevilla or Roma for me. Its our best chance of going through and we owe Sevilla one still.

I'd rather avoid the 2 Manchester clubs.

......... Sorry I forgot. ;) Yeah I'd rather avoid City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The club represents nobody but Liverpool as far as I'm concerned.

Fúck the rest of the English teams.

Liverpool flags for some.

Miniature English flags for others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

SlickRic wrote: »
    The club represents nobody but Liverpool as far as I'm concerned.

Fúck the rest of the English teams.

This is it in its entirety, I really don’t know why fans would be hoping for the English teams to do well. **** it let them all fail, fall at the first hurdle, who cares. I’m thoroughly disappointed that United went out, but I sure as feck am not hoping Chelsea, Liverpool or City win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I see the draw like this:

Tier One: Teams we may be better than on paper

Sevilla
    Roma

Tier Two: Teams better than us that we match up well against tactically

Bayern
    Barcelona
    City

Tier Three: Teams better / more experienced than us who will relish countering our style

Juve
    Madrid

I’d actually have Bayern in the tier three under Heynckes. They are very good at observing up the pressure and their counters are some of the best in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

monkey9 wrote: »
    Yeah i think you're right

giphy.gif

there is no excuse for death threats, but what do you expect when you put that shon Twitter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'd put people who send death threats about meaningless shíte in the same bracket as people who goad and video people while driving.

Open and shut case of dumb fúcks, threatening a dumb fúck.

I'd feel sorry for his family that's about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

x43r0 wrote: »

We're not English we are SCOUSE !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Halft time in the UEFA Youth league 1-1, second half kicking off now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

D'Agger wrote: »
    I'd put people who send death threats about meaningless shíte in the same bracket as people who goad and video people while driving.

Open and shut case of dumb fúcks, threatening a dumb fúck.

I'd feel sorry for his family that's about it

I feel so far detached from the entire situation, that I struggle to give the slightest shit about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

"I worry for my ­daughter’s safety, I really do."
    No, no you don't. You recording a vid while driving is proof of that.
    Then jumping to the Mirror to sell your story, dragging your family into the limelight, isn't thinking about them either.

As for the death threats, laws need to be applied to deal with scum like that. To easy to get away with it. Then again, the law not going to take any more action against him; so not sure they'll follow up on this either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Eh I'm Irish who supports a team who play in Liverpool which is in England.
    I really couldn't care about representing England FFS, I just support Liverpool Football club but I'm an Irish man first and foremost and would never refer to myself as Scouse just because I do

SlickRic wrote: »
    there is no excuse for death threats, but what do you expect when you put that shon Twitter?

I've no sympathy for him whatsoever. He was acting the clown on the motorway, knew what he was doing and was delighted when his daughter got spat on. Now he's banging on about death threats by putting his face out there in national newspapers, hogging the limelight.

He's as much an idiot as those 'issuing death threats' on social media, they're all playing the same gormless game.

• Advertisement

The U19s a very frustrating to watch, a bit headless chicken.

a special mention to Steven Gerrard for his performance last night.

how the fúck he kept a straight face next to Scholes and Ferdinand is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

As Irish people, we're neither.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Halft time in the UEFA Youth league 1-1, second half kicking off now

Going to pens.

On BT 2.

Going to pens.

On BT 2.

here too

Terrible second half by Liverpool and now down in the penos shoot out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

City win their keeper is a penalty saving machine by the sounds of it.

And they are out. This U18/19 side seems to be going backwards under Gerrard, the short neat game was nowhere to be seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Couldn't give a flying fcuk who we get, in the CL to play the best and experience great nights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I've no sympathy for him whatsoever. He was acting the clown on the motorway, knew what he was doing and was delighted when his daughter got spat on. Now he's banging on about death threats by putting his face out there in national newspapers, hogging the limelight.

He's as much an idiot as those 'issuing death threats' on social media, they're all playing the same gormless game.
    Let me qualify this by saying I've little sympathy for Carragher, he was stupid, and did a scummy thing.
    However, I look forward to seeing The Scum or some other tabloid rag delving into this lads past and his private life, he's jumped into the limelight to make a fast buck, I hope a whole heap of whoop-Ass comes down on him.

Not good behaviour from people but we could all tell it was going to happen once someone got hold of his name.

What is most telling is the last line

And Andy said if he could turn the clock back, he would not shoot the footage, adding: “It has ­obviously not turned out like I wanted.”

What was he expecting to happen when releasing it? We could all see there was a potential for it to all back fire on him with what he is getting now.

I also think someone said on here on Sunday night that they hope people don't find out who is behind the camera

Maybe he'll be less of a cretin now. Maybe Carragher will be less of a guttersnipe, too. All's well that ends well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/973944386089357315

"Liverpool plot summer move for Timo Werner and a raid on RB Leipzig once again following Naby Keita transfer".

R.B Leipzig, our German Southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ings to move in the opposite direction for Red Bull marketing purposes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

I also think someone said on here on Sunday night that they hope people don't find out who is behind the camera
    I did. And that was for the girl's sake. It doesn't take much for bullies to give someone a hard time in school; she's the innocent party in all of this.

Said passing today of a legend.

The Ultimate Troll

Jim Bowen

I mean who else would get away with saying lets have a look at you could have won if you did not get 101 with 6 darts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Timo Werner is a dream signing for me. Think he will be world class in a couple of years time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

ricero wrote: »
    Timo Werner is a dream signing for me. Think he will be world class in a couple of years time

Doesn't make a whole pile of sense though. While we need another option to play up front, Werner is too good to sit on the bench and so is Firmino and Firmino's best position is definitely through the centre. Not sure how we would accommodate both of them in Klopp's system. That said I certainly wouldn't complain if he came here although you have to imagine that Bayern would be sniffing around as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I have a feeling we will get Bayern and beat them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement