Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Doesn't make a whole pile of sense though. While we need another option to play up front, Werner is too good to sit on the bench and so is Firmino and Firmino's best position is definitely through the centre. Not sure how we would accommodate both of them in Klopp's system. That said I certainly wouldn't complain if he came here although you have to imagine that Bayern would be sniffing around as well.

He started out as a left winger, convenient because the man who occupies that position for us, Mane, is arguably the weakest of our front three (still absolutely brilliant of course, just not as good as the other two). The way Klopp uses his wingers would also suit Werner perfectly, he has every attribute to play that position even better than Mane does.

It’d also be nice to have another option at centre forward and lighten the workload of Firmino. If we clan sign Werner at all, we absolutely should IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I thought Timo would be going to United if he wanted a move, him being a united fan and all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Doesn't make a whole pile of sense though. While we need another option to play up front, Werner is too good to sit on the bench and so is Firmino and Firmino's best position is definitely through the centre. Not sure how we would accommodate both of them in Klopp's system. That said I certainly wouldn't complain if he came here although you have to imagine that Bayern would be sniffing around as well.

Which of Suarez, Griezemann, Messi, Iniesta, Coutinho and Dembele do you think isn't too good to sit on the bench? And that's without mentioning another 2 or 3 decent players they have in the squad that would walk into ours.

Teams that play 50+ games a season and want to win things cannot rely solely on only having 3 from 3 for their attacking positions.

There needs to be as near to no drop off as we can manage if even two of our best players from the front 4 are out.

Werner is the minimum calibre I would expect from our sigings in attack. I expect another as well, who's perhaps a more orthodox winger.

Fieldog wrote: »
    I thought Timo would be going to United if he wanted a move, him being a united fan and all...

As far as I saw he came out and said as much a few days ago so he can suck my hole, but that's the kind of guy we need to be looking at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gbear wrote: »
    Which of Suarez, Griezemann, Messi, Iniesta, Coutinho and Dembele do you think isn't too good to sit on the bench? And that's without mentioning another 2 or 3 decent players they have in the squad that would walk into ours.

Teams that play 50+ games a season and want to win things cannot rely solely on only having 3 from 3 for their attacking positions.

There needs to be as near to no drop off as we can manage if even two of our best players from the front 4 are out.

Werner is the minimum calibre I would expect from our sigings in attack. I expect another as well, who's perhaps a more orthodox winger.

I'm going to go with Griezmann since he plays for another team ;)

I'm going to go with Griezmann since he plays for another team ;)

Hush you.:P

By all accounts that's where he's headed and it doesn't seem to bother them, and that's with their finances in a big hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Gbear wrote: »
    Hush you.:P

By all accounts that's where he's headed and it doesn't seem to bother them, and that's with their finances in a big hole.

Thought Griezman was signing for United?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

TitianGerm wrote: »

think that fell through as he wasn't willing to play as a wing back in a 5-5-0

Saïd organisation hath no desire for him in hindsight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Probably doesn't want to play as a secondary fullback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

We play with three attackers, we need at a minimum 4 to rotate between them but in reality I think 5. And in these 4/5 players I'm not counting Solanke/Ings/Woodburn/Wilson because they're either too young or not good enough to be rotated in often.

With five attackers one will probably end up missing out the most so you have to keep a revolving door of attackers coming in as we'll lose them to bigger clubs, them wanting out due to game time or them just not being good enough.

You can never have too many lads that put the ball in the net and better to be struggling to put them into the team and risk losing them than not having them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

monkey9 wrote: »
    Yeah i think you're right

giphy.gif
    What film is this from? I wanna watch it based on this gif alone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Maybe we're all over Coutinho leaving already, not many looking Barca in the quarters any more :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

eyerer wrote: »
    What film is this from? I wanna watch it based on this gif alone

The Departed. It's very good fwiw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

ERG89 wrote: »
    The Departed. It's very good fwiw.

You sure? I thought it was from Anger Management, he does something very similar in that if indeed it is from 'The Departed' which I have not seen.

Edit : Just looked it up, definitely Anger Management.

Scene...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Think you're right. This is the departed gif

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

SlickRic wrote: »
    a special mention to Steven Gerrard for his performance last night.

how the fúck he kept a straight face next to Scholes and Ferdinand is beyond me.

Ya. Dunno if sussed it out himself or was told he just needed to keep his gob shut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Man I'd love us to try and sign Willian in the summer he would be another great player to rotate in and out.

That is one thing I think Klopp has done well this season all the key players in the squad are being rotated and getting games and there doesn't seem to be unrest about players not getting game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Man I'd love us to try and sign Willian in the summer he would be another great player to rotate in and out.

I could see him making a move to one of Spain's big two, possibly Real.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not sure in Klopp's 4-3-3 where he would be deployed. As an attacking wide man or in behind la Lallana.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

United, Spurs and Chelsea all out in last 16 - fairly brutal!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Might sound weird as Barca are currently 3-0 up but Chelsea can feel very unlucky, they've dominated large chunks of the game and made Barca look fairly ordinary and creaky at the back at times. Makes me think we could do a bit of damage to them. Keeping Messi out at the other end might be a different story albeit Courtois was really poor for 2 goals tonight.

Salah's Voda ad he was filming around Liverpool, I have no idea what is being said but it's great :

Why the fcuk is he in the chipper?! He’s a professional athlete, his body is a temple!

The decline starts here...

martyos121 wrote: »
    Why the fcuk is he in the chipper?! He’s a professional athlete, his body is a temple!

I doubt he's having a battered sausage anyway... :)

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    I doubt he's having a battered sausage anyway... :)

Yeah they’re very high in cholesterol. It’ll do him no favours in the long term.
    Yes I do get the Muslim joke for the record though, well played sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Hypocrite. I'll bet you had no problem with this chip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Nothing wrong with a collection of undefinable bits of meat and bread in a mouldy rubber johnny :D

Nothing wrong with a collection of undefinable bits of meat and bread in a mouldy rubber johnny :D

Can't bate it to be fair...

I have to have at least one fry a week myself or I'd crack up...

I'd say Salah opted for the fish if he was allowed anything at all from the chipper, I'd say the club has limits to what junk if any a player can eat...

With him being a multi millionaire professional footballer I doubt he's even allowed more than a chip or two...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Tusky wrote: »
    United, Spurs and Chelsea all out in last 16 - fairly brutal!

Brutally funny..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Kinda wanted Chelsea to do Barca. It wasn't gonna happen, but yeah...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Good year in CL, all the big clubs got through to QF's .
    Good year to win it .
    Beat Juve, then City, the Real in final .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Good year in CL, all the big clubs got through to QF's .
    Good year to win it .
    Beat Juve, then City, the Real in final .

You're a fùcking wind-up merchant lol

All the big clubs haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Nalz wrote: »
    You're a fùcking wind-up merchant lol

All the big clubs haha

You're right. "All the best clubs" might be a better way to put it.

Lol

Lol

What's so funny? Who doesn't deserve to be there?

What's so funny? Who doesn't deserve to be there?

Oh you were talking about best teams, and not big/best clubs.

Ahhhhh

Here's me thinking you were being funny :)

Oh you were talking about best teams, and not big/best clubs.

Ahhhhh

Here's me thinking you were being funny :)

So you admit the best teams are in the last 8?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Its great to see a lot of the more successful European clubs in the last 8. The clubs that have made their name in European football. Barca, real,Liverpool and Bayern. Just lacking ac Milan and ajax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Its great to see a lot of the more successful European clubs in the last 8. The clubs that have made their name in European football. Barca, real,Liverpool and Bayern. Just lacking ac Milan and ajax.

You mean those clubs with UEFA’s badge of honour ;)

So you admit the best teams are in the last 8?

Yes of course! Deserved teams usually means best team in any competition, unless some team was drastically unlucky.

Those big clubs that have won their domestic league a few times over the last 26 or 27 odd years. Oh wait :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Those big clubs that have won their domestic league a few times over the last 26 or 27 odd years. Oh wait :p

Are you talking about Utd who didn't win it from 67-93 and are not in the Champion's League Quarter Finals?

Still have the FA Cup though, just like the 70s and 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The clubs that have more European cups than your boys had shots on target over 2 legs against the 5th best team in Spain.

The clubs that have more European cups than your boys had shots on target over 2 legs against the 5th best team in Spain.

Correct!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

BANTER

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

He started out as a left winger, convenient because the man who occupies that position for us, Mane, is arguably the weakest of our front three (still absolutely brilliant of course, just not as good as the other two). The way Klopp uses his wingers would also suit Werner perfectly, he has every attribute to play that position even better than Mane does.

It’d also be nice to have another option at centre forward and lighten the workload of Firmino. If we clan sign Werner at all, we absolutely should IMO.

If we sign Timo it will be as a first teamer which means out of our front 3 Mane will be the one to lose out and likely leave. Now given Mane's indifferent form you and many others might be willing to make that swap. But it would leave us in essentially the same position we are now, an electric front 3 but no back up .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Would you want a player at Liverpool who has publicly said he would prefer United?

I may or may not see any reply to this post

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement