Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Would you want a player at Liverpool who has publicly said he would prefer United?

I may or may not see any reply to this post

If he scores 30 goals a year then yeah - We can bate the united out of him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Would you want a player at Liverpool who has publicly said he would prefer United?

Aguero as a teenager said he'd love to play for Liverpool some day - do City fans give a toss? I doubt it.

Whether a player was a fan of a rival team, or they sometime said the old "of course im flattered by interest from X team, they're a fantastic team who i would love to play for under the right circumstances" or some such statement, couldn't care less. They're professionals with everything they do managed down to the smallest detail for the most part - if they say something it's to better their position usually.

Anything short of "I would much rather play for Manchester United than Liverpool FC", and I wouldn't care. (And even that, I wouldn't personally care... they're employees at the end of the day, as long as they do their best, i'm fine with it - but obviously a statement like that would make the PR side more difficult)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Depends on the player. If it was Pogba, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭beya2009

After watching the Barca game last night I think there is nothing to fear if we got them other than Messi lol That guy is a nightmare for anyone...he just roams freely anywhere and a lot of the times he's just walking but in attacks his movement off the ball is something else. I really hope we don't get Man City more so it would just be a shame matched up against another English side at this stage of the competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

beya2009 wrote: »
    After watching the Barca game last night I think there is nothing to fear if we got them other than Messi lol That guy is a nightmare for anyone...he just roams freely anywhere and a lot of the times he's just walking but in attacks his movement off the ball is something else. I really hope we don't get Man City more so it would just be a shame matched up against another English side at this stage of the competition.

I think Chelsea actually played quite well for the most part.

Any team would suffer a bit of a setback conceding that early but had the ball broken better for Willian or Fabregas, they both had good chances and, of course, Kante's one where he just dragged it way wide. Had that fallen to Giroud or someone, it might have found its way in and then we're talking about a very different game.

Messi just punished them with clinical precision.

I'm excited at this stage. It's been so long since we were at this stage of the competition that it's just exciting to see who we will come up against.

City is all I want to avoid and it's more out of familiarity than anything. Bayern, Real, Barca, Juve - they may all beat us but at least its unknown territory for us!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Teams in order of who I would personally like to see us get:

1. Roma - because while they are a very good side, they are likely the weakest of the other teams. - 65% chance we'd go through.
    2. Sevilla - For much the same reason as above, plus we definitely owe them more than one at this stage. 60% chance we'd go through.
    3. Real Madrid - Not because I think they are next beatable (although nearly an argument for everyone else left) but because I would like a proper glamour tie, and because we disgraced ourselves against them last time. - 25% chance we'd go through
    4. Barca - Same glamour, plus the little needle over the Coutinho transfer. 25% chance we'd go through.
    5. Juve - They are very tough to beat, but have several defensive suspensions for the first leg which could be good for us. I'd still prefer one of the Spanish clubs for different reasons though. 35% chance we'd go through
    6. Bayern - Under Heynkes they are a very tough nut. Would be a bad draw. 20% chance we'd go through.
    7. Man City - Because I think they are clearly better than us, and also because we play them a lot anyhow. 20% chance we'd go through.

We would be underdogs against all except Sevilla and Roma, but we can beat anyone with a fair wind. I'm looking forward to the tie anyhow. Some will think I'm too pessimistic above, some will think I may even be too optimistic, but those are my realistic %'s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

A lot on Newsnow suggesting that we have given up on Allisson and are putting our eggs in the much dropped Buttland basket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

A lot on Newsnow suggesting that we have given up on Allisson and are putting our eggs in the much dropped Buttland basket.

Oh lord. Haven't we learned anything from poaching keepers from relegation battling teams!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

8-10 wrote: »
    Depends on the player. If it was Pogba, no.

In his case, he could have been born with a Liverbird shaped birthmark and taken Kenny for his confirmation name and the answer would still be the same :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Thud

Fieldog wrote: »
    Salah's Voda ad he was filming around Liverpool, I have no idea what is being said but it's great :

Interesting how he pronounces his name at end of pool table scene sounds more like Sal-ach

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

x43r0 wrote: »
    In his case, he could have been born with a Liverbird shaped birthmark and taken Kenny for his confirmation name and the answer would still be the same :pac:

Pogba has the potential to be a beast of a player when used correctly. He won't ever play for us, so it is entirely moot, but with the correct system he would be devastating. I hope Utd sell him before they get someone to utilize him properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Thud wrote: »
    Interesting how he pronounces his name at end of pool table scene sounds more like Sal-ach

Yeah I've heard them commentating on him on Egyptian TV clips and they pronounce it Sal-ach...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Arabian speakers often sound like they are clearing their throats, bit like Scousers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,100 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I know there was a lot of games in March / April that fixtures had not been finalised yet for us for TV.

Because there is now only one Manchester club in the 1/4 finals and they are not staggered, is there a probable day that our CL 1/4s will be on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Would be great to get Roma and win both legs, knowing in semi that 3 big names are no longer in competition. If Liverpool and Roma play, then 3 big names will fall in QF
    I'd like Juve too. The speed of our front 3 would be hard for their experienced but slow defence. No one in Juve's defence can match the speed and mobility of our front 3.

City V Barca
    Barca win

Bayern V Real
    Bayern win

Juve V Seville
    Seville win

Liverpool V Roma
    Liverpool win

_______________________________________________FINAL

Semi
    Barca V Liverpool
    Liverpool

Bayern V Seville
    Bayern

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

FitzShane wrote: »
    I know there was a lot of games in March / April that fixtures had not been finalised yet for us for TV.

Because there is now only one Manchester club in the 1/4 finals and they are not staggered, is there a probable day that our CL 1/4s will be on?

Liverpool and Man City should not play on the same night unless they are drawn together, so it depends who plays the 2nd leg on the Tuesday for any game to change.

If it is Liverpool then the games will be changed if it is Man City no games will be changed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

FitzShane wrote: »

WE can still be either the Tuesday/Wednesday or the Wednesday/Tuesday combination if that's what you mean.
    Man City will be the opposite combination if they aren't playing us.

But nothing that particularly narrows down which we'll be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

5starpool wrote: »

1. Roma - because while they are a very good side, they are likely the weakest of the other teams. - 65% chance we'd go through.
    2. Sevilla - For much the same reason as above, plus we definitely owe them more than one at this stage. 60% chance we'd go through.
    3. Real Madrid - Not because I think they are next beatable (although nearly an argument for everyone else left) but because I would like a proper glamour tie, and because we disgraced ourselves against them last time. - 25% chance we'd go through
    4. Barca - Same glamour, plus the little needle over the Coutinho transfer. 25% chance we'd go through.
    5. Juve - They are very tough to beat, but have several defensive suspensions for the first leg which could be good for us. I'd still prefer one of the Spanish clubs for different reasons though. 35% chance we'd go through
    6. Bayern - Under Heynkes they are a very tough nut. Would be a bad draw. 20% chance we'd go through.
    7. Man City - Because I think they are clearly better than us, and also because we play them a lot anyhow. 20% chance we'd go through.

We would be underdogs against all except Sevilla and Roma, but we can beat anyone with a fair wind. I'm looking forward to the tie anyhow. Some will think I'm too pessimistic above, some will think I may even be too optimistic, but those are my realistic %'s.

Even my cynical, bitter old heart is excited about seeing Liverpool listed amongst some of the best teams in Europe. It's great for the club as a whole and Klopp and the squad can feel very proud at getting this far. Getting to the semis would be amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Giggs has called up Wilson & Woodburn to his first Wales squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

We have to hope for Roma, Seville or Juve,
    There the 3 worst teams left,
    Can't see why people are bigging up Juve , Spurs messed that one up big team ,
    Juve are not the team they used to be

• Advertisement

Wilson is on fire for Hull, on the other hand Woodburn is as cold as Uranus right now. Dunno what the story is there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

5starpool wrote: »

Think we would have better than a 20% chance aganst City. A side we have a pretty good record against generally.

Only reason I wouuldn't want them is we play them so much anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Great opportunity for Salah to put some distance between himself and Kane for the golden boot with Kane expected to be out injured for a month.

Would be great to see him win the golden boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

beya2009 wrote: »

Of all the teams left, I'd say Barcelona are the team you should fear the most. There's no better team at dealing with a high press, and they can easily exploit the gaps that leaves.

Lads we may as well pack in following Liverpool I mean we only want to see them play nice football and are not wanting to win anything according to some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

What time is that draw that has all the elite clubs in Europe in it?

The one that definitely doesn't have United, Chelsea, Arsenal, or Spurs?

That Champions League draw?

The Quarter Finals one?

The one we're in?

Yeah, what time is that draw on again?

Knex. wrote: »
    What time is that draw that has all the elite clubs in Europe in it?

The one that definitely doesn't have United, Chelsea, Arsenal, or Spurs?

That Champions League draw?

The Quarter Finals one?

The one we're in?

Yeah, what time is that draw on again?

12CET or 11am here

12CET or 11am here

And just to be clear, that's the CL Quarter Final draw that Liverpool are in, alongside the elite teams in Europe, that United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs definitely are not in?

And that's on at 11am tomorrow.

That's great.

And just to be clear, that's the CL Quarter Final draw that Liverpool are in, alongside the elite teams in Europe, that United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs definitely are not in?

And that's on at 11am tomorrow.

That's great.

Yes that is time to tune in for the draw that features Man City along with England's most successful team in European football Liverpool FC, find out who they face i say at around 11:15am tomorrow

• Advertisement

Sound. Nice to have that all clarified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Sound. Nice to have that all clarified.

To have what clarified? I missed it.

*clears throat*

Maybe we should ask the mods for one of those sticky threads. I'm sure the posters are all interested. Maybe setup a draw discussion thread while we're at it.

Probably best to lock the superthreads around 11am tomorrow too, force all the discussion about Liverpool being in the final 8 of Europe's elite into the one thread.

Shall I ask them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Sanchez . Sick of never getting past last 16 at arsenal. Moves to utd .lol.

Giroud . Sick of never getting past last 16 at arsenal,moves to Chelsea. Lol.

Ox . Lolololol

Can't wait to see who Liverpool draw for the next round of the Europa League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

*clears throat*

Maybe we should ask the mods for one of those sticky threads. I'm sure the posters are all interested. Maybe setup a draw discussion thread while we're at it.

Probably best to lock the superthreads around 11am tomorrow too, force all the discussion about Liverpool being in the final 8 of Europe's elite into the one thread.

Shall I ask them?

No, you shouldn’t ask them in all honestly. That’s the kind of thing you must demand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

*clears throat*

Shall I ask them?

watch-the-world-burn.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

I hope both declare themselves unfit with a slight niggle, just for old time's sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

*clears throat*

Shall I ask them?

You could ask but after all the whinging the last time we suggested it, it is likely you would be told to do one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Sanchez . Sick of never getting past last 16 at arsenal. Moves to utd .lol.

Giroud . Sick of never getting past last 16 at arsenal,moves to Chelsea. Lol.

Ox . Lolololol

Suarez. Sick of never getting near a league title at Liverpool. Moves to Barca. lol

Sterling. Sick of never getting near a league title at Liverpool. Moves to City. lol

Xabo Alonso. Sick of never getting near a league title at Liverpool. Moves to Real Madrid. lol

Coutinho. Sick of never getting near a league title at Liverpool. Moves to Barca. lol

Mascherano. Sick of never getting near a league title at Liverpool. Moves to Barca. lol

Owen. Sick of never getting near a league title at Liverpool. Moves to United (eventually). lol

Salah. Sick of never getting near a league title at Liverpool. We'll have to wait and see where he goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Suarez. Sick of never getting near a league title at Liverpool. Moves to Barca. lol

Sterling. Sick of never getting near a league title at Liverpool. Moves to City. lol

Xabo Alonso. Sick of never getting near a league title at Liverpool. Moves to Real Madrid. lol

Coutinho. Sick of never getting near a league title at Liverpool. Moves to Barca. lol

Mascherano. Sick of never getting near a league title at Liverpool. Moves to Barca. lol

Owen. Sick of never getting near a league title at Liverpool. Moves to United (eventually). lol

Salah. Sick of never getting near a league title at Liverpool. We'll have to wait and see where he goes.

vxew6w.jpg

https://streamable.com/ahpum

• Advertisement

Second by 2 points

Second by 2 points

Second by four points

Second by 2 points

Second by four points

Could have won the Champions League!

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

It was more about ox breaking the arsenal curse but ya, whatever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Jesus we're going to be insufferable until we get knocked out of Europe's premier elite club competition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Jesus we're going to be insufferable until we get knocked out of Europe's premier elite club competition

Ah we wont be - Sure we are not the only English club in Europe's most prestigious Elite Club competition. The great MANCHESTER (city) club are in it with us.

We won it 5 times now you know!!!

5!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

you forgot Torres. Nowhere near top trolling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Speaking of Fernando, came across a couple of his past goals against United in the run up to the game last Saturday.....easy to forget what a specimen that bloke was for us. He didn't run he ****ing glided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He knocked in a couple tonight as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Well we know Wilson & Woodburn will show up for Wales. But given it is a friendly the same cannot be said about Giggs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Arabian speakers often sound like they are clearing their throats, bit like Scousers!
    I know theres a joke in there about Carragher clearing his throat towards Man Utd fans :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Lucas scored tonight in a 2-0 win over Dynamo Kiev

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement