Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

ElTel wrote: »

I'd start Lovren against Deeney tomorrow evening.

The season starts now!

Because he did so well against a big lump of a centre forward last week???

I've concerns about this game tbh. If lovren is the answer, you're asking the wrong question. Klavan is the best option (apart from virgil) to match up with a big man up top.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭beya2009

I noted from the man u tread one of their fans didn't understand why Klopp doesn't get much stick compared to Mourinho considering Klopp has been here 3 years and although making top 4 never wins anything. I made the point it's probably because Klopp has not spent as much as Mourinho and Pep, style of play is attractive and Klopp does have the charm with the British media.

Of course I was quickly told that recent spending between Liverpool and man u pretty close (I find this funny as I've seen a lot of man u fans saying man city much better than them because they have spend 30% more on transfers lol)

liverpool: £151m
    man u: £148m (apparently Sanchez deal not included as it was a swap deal)
    man city: £284m

Sanchez deal should still be mentioned as those wages are massive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,470 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

beya2009 wrote: »
    I noted from the man u tread one of their fans didn't understand why Klopp doesn't get much stick compared to Mourinho considering Klopp has been here 3 years and although making top 4 never wins anything. I made the point it's probably because Klopp has not spent as much as Mourinho and Pep, style of play is attractive and Klopp does have the charm with the British media.

Of course I was quickly told that recent spending between Liverpool and man u pretty close (I find this funny as I've seen a lot of man u fans saying man city much better than them because they have spend 30% more on transfers lol)

liverpool: £151m
    man u: £148m (apparently Sanchez deal not included as it was a swap deal)
    man city: £284m

Sanchez deal should still be mentioned as those wages are massive.

United haven’t sold anyone for £140 million though.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

corcaigh07 wrote: »

Probably not one in their squad good enough to merit that kind of fee....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Utd have no one they could sell for 140m! This is actually a point worth making, the last genuine top level player who was developed by Utd was Ronaldo (de Gea will be the next). Since then they've bought in no prospects who have gone on to be coveted by the top clubs. Liverpool on the other hand have a player saleable for stupid money every two years. Obviously we'd like to keep them and there is 'a walking to still stand' effect by moving them on but without Utd's vast income stream it's something Liverpool have had to do without ending up in significant debt. Obviously the current TV income means this is less of an issue now but the best players will still move until Liverpool starts winning the Champions League/Premier League

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭beya2009

corcaigh07 wrote: »

His reasoning was this:

As I said, going on transfermarkt...

Lukaku = 76.23m
    Matic = 40.23m
    Lindelof = 31.50m

Expenditures: £147.96m

Sanchez is listed as a swap deal, so its' not including wages and agents fees, admittedly. Both figures would go up if you did though.

So then Watford at home, what do we think? 6-1 last season don;t see anything like that tonight. Probably a slightly too tense 2-1 sort of thing.

Karius
    Gomez---Matip--VVD---Robertson
    Hendo
    Can
    Ox_Cham
    --Salah--Firmino---Mane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

beya2009 wrote: »
    His reasoning was this:

As I said, going on transfermarkt...

Lukaku = 76.23m
    Matic = 40.23m
    Lindelof = 31.50m

Expenditures: £147.96m

Sanchez is listed as a swap deal, so its' not including wages and agents fees, admittedly. Both figures would go up if you did though.

Are you really that bothered what Man Utd fans think?

They have enough on their minds with their manager having a meltdown yesterday.

So then Watford at home, what do we think? 6-1 last season don;t see anything like that tonight. Probably a slightly too tense 2-1 sort of thing.

Karius
    Hendo
    Can
    Ox_Cham
    --Salah--Firmino---Mane

Dunno...I can see a bit of a statement after losing last week. Think we'll give them a spanking.

• Advertisement

Mane has a hamstring injury. Bollocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Are you really that bothered what Man Utd fans think?

They have enough on their minds with their manager having a meltdown yesterday.

If a Liverpool fan on here said what Mourinho's said about United since the defeat during the week, they'd be accused of trolling.

Seeing them go out was funny, seeing his utter meltdown since, though, and especially yesterday, has been the cherry on the cake.

For all the wrong reasons, he is a remarkable individual.

mosstin wrote: »
    If a Liverpool fan on here said what Mourinho's said about United since the defeat during the week, they'd be accused of trolling.

Seeing them go out was funny, seeing his utter meltdown since, though, and especially yesterday, has been the cherry on the cake.

For all the wrong reasons, he is a remarkable individual.

He's melting down. It's been coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If he's out I'd like to see Ings start on the left of the front three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I'd rather see Ox in the front 3 instead of Ings

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Just as well we boosted the squads attacking options in January so we could absorb an injury or two....

I can only see one source reporting this a certain Jurgens Goose on Twitter, have you anything more legit Kerri? Hopefully this is complete bs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Meltdown? A masterclass in media tactics apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I read Mane has a bollox of a hamstring injury.

Better now than in a few fews time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

jbt123 wrote: »
    Probably not one in their squad good enough to merit that kind of fee....
    Utd have no one they could sell for 140m! This is actually a point worth making, the last genuine top level player who was developed by Utd was Ronaldo (de Gea will be the next). Since then they've bought in no prospects who have gone on to be coveted by the top clubs. Liverpool on the other hand have a player saleable for stupid money every two years. Obviously we'd like to keep them and there is 'a walking to still stand' effect by moving them on but without Utd's vast income stream it's something Liverpool have had to do without ending up in significant debt. Obviously the current TV income means this is less of an issue now but the best players will still move until Liverpool starts winning the Champions League/Premier League

de Gea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I'd say you've had a few already AC? :p

Only a few few.

Jose will be saying the earth is flat and they'll gobble that down whole too.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Chamberlain or Lallana to replace him I assume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

a9154a46412aa7453e31b6e215d5d759.gif

• Advertisement

de Gea

I don't know. I could be wrong and I know we are entering hyper tansfer fees but I don't see any goalkeeper changing clubs for a fee over 100 mil.anytime soon.

I could be wrong and it is just my opinion. Maybe I'm wide of the mark.

I'd be interested in some opinions. Would Neur(sp), Oblak, De Gea et al cost 100 million to a buying club in the next couple of years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I don't know. I could be wrong and I know we are entering hyper tansfer fees but I don't see any goalkeeper changing clubs for a fee over 100 mil.anytime soon.

I'd be interested in some opinions. Would Neur(sp), Oblak, De Gea et al cost 100 million to a buying club in the next couple of years?

I don’t think any of those would, but I think Gigio Donnarumma clears it if he moves. Long term contract, only 19 years old, exceptionally talented and likely has another 15 years at the top level since keepers have much more longevity.

I’d be surprised if he went for less than 9 figures tbh.

We play twice before Spurs and United? Vital to be sitting 2nd when they play, need to win today, Watford will be tricky.

I see nothing about Mane being out.

The U18s back on track after a run a shi'te games/results - 6-0 win v Middlesbrough. Camacho is looking like the next Canos, Suso, Wilson (and Jones the next McMananannannaaman)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I suppose it all depends on who's buying and how badly they want the player. Personally I don't believe Countinho is worth 140 million. I doubt many United fans would rather have an extra 140m in transfer budget if it meant losing de Gea either.

• Advertisement

I suppose it all depends on who's buying and how badly they want the player. Personally I don't believe Countinho is worth 140 million. I doubt many United fans would rather have an extra 140m in transfer budget if it meant losing de Gea either.

Oh I agree that Coutinho is not worth 140 mil, but them I'm old school regarding transfer fees and wages.

Having said that, I firmly believe that Liverpool are coping better with his loss than United would cope with the loss of de Gea.

Might be able to make some sort of comparison soon enough despite what United fans prefer in the bank....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Exactly.

Transfer fees are all relative.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

5starpool wrote: »

Gomez back in anyway.

People sucked in by Twatter twits with 23 followers again. That's why I ask for credible links.

Karius
    Hendo
    Can
    Ox_Cham
    --Salah--Firmino---Mane

Oh so close, it's not like the days of Guess Rafa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Good job we didn’t waste any money on unneeded players in January.

That's the last time I believe anything Kerrigooney posts :pac:

Now back to drinking a few few more Irish Whiskeys for the day that's in it.

I was watching that other sport with the different shaped ball, it's no football, but it was alright.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I was watching that other sport with the different shaped ball, it's no football, but it was alright.

And here comes the hurling brigade...

• Advertisement

Oh it looks cold!

Hendo in short sleeves in that weather, proper hard man. Reminds me of the time he stared right through the soul of Diego Costa.

God the weather looks appalling

The yellow ball clashing with the yellow jerseys of Watford.

Jaysus how good is he!!!!

WOW.

Took him fcuking long enough...

Messi like again !!

Crazy stupid , puts men on the ground !

Lads he's useless ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Typical of the fella