Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

monkey9 wrote: »
    I love him. I'd say, as an opposing fan, you must be looking at him thinking 'how and why were we not in for him?'

You can't win em all. I dont recall too many here, me included, being mad excited about Salah.

Spurs have probably done better than anyone over the last number of years with pulling rabbits out of the hat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Not saying he's a good as him, but Robertson reminds me a bit of Dennis Irwin. Not very fancy Dan, but does the (seemingly) simple things very well consistently.

Was thinking of Steve Finnan actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

That link should have a NSFW tag attached to it.

Done.
    My apologies. I know once seen, it's time for the bleach...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I love him. I'd say, as an opposing fan, you must be looking at him thinking 'how and why were we not in for him?'

To tell you the truth he would most likely not be as effective in our team. Ye are set up to make the most of his undoubted talent. We're not, and wouldn't have changed to accommodate him. He is great to watch once you can forget who he is playing for :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I would have thought even the most optimistic of LFC fans wouldnt have envisioned he would be having the monster season he is having. Klopp clearly has a good eye. Very interested to see how Keita does next year, i don't watch the BL at all but have heard alot of good things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

You can't win em all. I dont recall too many here, me included, being mad excited about Salah.

Spurs have probably done better than anyone over the last number of years with pulling rabbits out of the hat.

I'd seen him play a bit in Serie A so i was delighted with his signing, but i just thought he's going to very very useful for us. I did not see this coming at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

To tell you the truth he would most likely not be as effective in our team. Ye are set up to make the most of his undoubted talent. We're not, and wouldn't have changed to accommodate him. He is great to watch once you can forget who he is playing for :)
    I would have thought even the most optimistic of LFC fans wouldnt have envisioned he would be having the monster season he is having. Klopp clearly has a good eye. Very interested to see how Keita does next year, i don't watch the BL at all but have heard alot of good things.

I have thought about how i'd feel about him if he was doing this for Man U. I wouldn't obviously have the same fondness for him, but he just seems a very likeable character that i think he'd be impossible to hate.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Even if he did, it would have been the absolute obvious choice for anyone in their career.

But anyway, he didn't, Liverpool never even offered enough money to have a bid accepted. There was no choice. Only Chelsea offered what Basle wanted. Our bid was only about 60% of theirs.

Indeed .......you'd hear other mad versions of the events based on f knows what rather than actual facts though.... the TC got their man eventually though.

Another clean sheet too today, good to see along with the headlines of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Today also meant that it's now mathematically impossible for Everton to finish above us in the league.

So much for that Richard Keys tweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I was happy to be getting him. I thought he'd be a good signing for us and offer some more pace to match Manes. I never imagined he could do this well though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I was happy to be getting him. I thought he'd be a good signing for us and offer some more pace to match Manes. I never imagined he could do this well though.

Yeah, I had him pegged for about 8 goals this season, and I thought that would be a decent return. He's been amazing though.

I'll be honest, I think I was more excited about Joe Cole signing than Salah.

I doubt I'm the only one, its weird how sh!te works out.

I'll be honest, I think I was more excited about Joe Cole signing than Salah.

I doubt I'm the only one, its weird how sh!te works out.

I expected Salah to have about 10-12 goals this year over all competitions and Mane, Bobby and Couthino to have 12 - 15 each.

What I have been disappointed with though are our goals from midfield. I think those guys haven't contributed enough this season.

Salah has definitely been our signing of the summer but Robertson is a very close second. I'm definitely getting Finnan vibes off him, just a very hard worker and constant 7-8/10 every single game.

Klopps hit rate with transfers seem exceptional.

I expected Salah to have about 10-12 goals this year over all competitions and Mane, Bobby and Couthino to have 12 - 15 each.

What I have been disappointed with though are our goals from midfield. I think those guys haven't contributed enough this season.

Salah has definitely been our signing of the summer but Robertson is a very close second. I'm definitely getting Finnan vibes off him, just a very hard worker and constant 7-8/10 every single game.

Yeah the Robertson Finnan comparison is a good one. I loved Arbeloa too.
    I cant recall exactly how much we got for Arbeloa but it was an insult.

In time the fee we paid for Robertson will seem like an insult to Hull too, he's a smashing player.

Keita will improve the midfield

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I can only assume Liverpool sent them Harry Wilson by way of an apology!

Yeah the Robertson Finnan comparison is a good one. I loved Arbeloa too.
    I cant recall exactly how much we got for Arbeloa but it was an insult.

In time the fee we paid for Robertson will seem like an insult to Hull too, he's a smashing player.

Keita will improve the midfield

If we were looking for another midfielder I'd be very tempted by Dacoure from Watford. He is a monster in midfield, does some great work and I think he's just going to improve massively over the next few years and still only 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Was at anfield today for the Mo show. What a player he is . Every time he gets the ball you expect something to happen. VVD makes some difference to the back 4 constantly organising them , wins everything in the air and very composed in possession. Very impressed with Gomez aswell today. 3rd time bringing my young lad our previous 2 trips were Liverpool 2 Sunderland 2 in 2016 and Liverpool 2 Swansea 3. He was on his last chance today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

C'mon man get a grip, yes Robertson has been good and getting better by the week but he is now where near the level of Salah. Have you ever played football ?, Facts are the better player you are the the further up the pitch you play.

C'mon man get a grip, yes Robertson has been good and getting better by the week but he is now where near the level of Salah. Have you ever played football ?, Facts are the better player you are the the further up the pitch you play.

Happy Paddys Day

• Advertisement

I'd argue at the start of the season we needed a left back a lot more than we needed a right winger/right foward. If you look at who we had in those positions last season it was Mane and Moreno, and Mane had an excellent season season last year. But I should have added 'In my opinion' to my original statement.

Robertson has really shored up the leaky left side and his work rate down the left is exceptional. He's been a vital addition since he was brought in.

And your point about the better the player you are the further forward you play is nonsense. Maldini, Canavaro etc are worth there weight in gold. I value good defenders more than good attackers but I love seeing what the best forwards can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

It takes you to have played at a certain level.
    Loving Salah and from the first game you could tell Robertson was far better than Moreno. I was worried when Klopp kept playing Moreno!
    Once the commentator pointed out Salah hadnt got a hattrick for us I was hoping for one. And it was great to hear a neutral commentator say Salah is the best player in the PL :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Facts are the better player you are the the further up the pitch you play.

Have you ever played football ?

:confused: have you?

I'd argue at the start of the season we needed a left back a lot more than we needed a right winger/right foward. If you look at who we had in those positions last season it was Mane and Moreno, and Mane had an excellent season season last year. But I should have added 'In my opinion' to my original statement.

Robertson has really shored up the leaky left side and his work rate down the left is exceptional. He's been a vital addition since he was brought in.

And your point about the better the player you are the further forward you play is nonsense. Maldini, Canavaro etc are worth there weight in gold. I value good defenders more than good attackers but I love seeing what the best forwards can do.
    And I don't think De Gea is too bad either. Probably Utd's best player

@ Titian, I dunno why you're bothering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That’s bollocks, Karius is better than De Gea and they both play in goal.

eyerer wrote: »
    Loving Salah and from the first game you could tell Robertson was far better than Moreno. I was worried when Klopp kept playing Moreno!
    Once the commentator pointed out Salah hadnt got a hattrick for us I was hoping for one. And it was great to hear a neutral commentator say Salah is the best player in the PL :)

I think Klopp was just easing Robertson into things at the start. He's the type of guy you'd love to have lining out beside you every week because you know he will bust his ass for the team.

And I don't think De Gea is too bad either. Probably Utd's best player

Did you see him on the bench tonight? Looked like he'd just robbed half the houses in the Manchester :pac:

I was delighted Robertson got such a perfect assist today as well

• Advertisement

Fair play, shes good at the PR. But can she cook a stew?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

I actually can't believe Mourinho skewers his own players like that.

How does he hope to get them playing for him or to attract players to the club in future?

Long may it last!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

This football lark is dead easy isn't it. Have you thought of ringing Klopp? Break the bank and sign messi. Play him in goal and we'd never concede another goal, sure any old journeyman could be good that far back down the pitch, imagine what hed be like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Salah has scored more league goals than Burnley who are 7th in the league!

Salah 28 goals.

Burnley 27 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Everybody knows Shane Long is better than Sergio Ramos, otherwise Ramos would be a striker too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Everybody knows Shane Long is better than Sergio Ramos, otherwise Ramos would be a striker too.

In fairness, Long prevents a team scoring goals as much as Ramos does. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No look...Spot the ball.
    F6f156j.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I was too busy engaging in filth in the London Ireland Rugby Grand Slam shenanigans to remember about Liverpool, and then they go and bring me 5 sweet little presents.

Those sweet little boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I don't know where this Liverpool team will end up at the end of the season but they are an absolutely fantastic side to follow with endless entertainment value.

Long may it continue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Salah is just a constant reminder that Mourinho needs to stay at Utd for as long as possibe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Salah is just a constant reminder that Mourinho needs to stay at Utd for as long as possibe

I woke up this just now after a night of heavy substance abuse and already it was worth it, bravo.:D

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    ****ing hate Mo Salah
    Because he's class and plays Liverpool
    As I've always said
    :/

... and because there's absolutely no chance of anyone like that singing for United while Mourinho's in charge...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭beya2009

Yep and even though Mourinho is put in the category of top managers...I don't think there's another top manager in the world that complains/whinges/rants and criticizes his players openly as often as he does. No way Salah would be this good under him.

Absolutely.

Blaming his players again i see. No doubt a stroke of genius by him....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

... and because there's absolutely no chance of anyone like that singing for United while Mourinho's in charge...

Plenty chance it could happen, if say us,spurs,city,arsenal wanted him too..

Jose would sign him to stop him joining a rival,pay him more,not play him in proper position,not play him at all,sell for fraction of actual value.

Or in Alexis case,release on a free in 3 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Missed the match due to paddy's day shenanigans.

Was Can's injury bad?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Vicxas wrote: »
    Missed the match due to paddy's day shenanigans.

Was Can's injury bad?

Went off holding his lower back. Hopefully just a knock, although I haven't heard anything specific about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I think Klopp was just easing Robertson into things at the start. He's the type of guy you'd love to have lining out beside you every week because you know he will bust his ass for the team.

He had also just had a baby, that and moving would be quite the up heaval

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

5starpool wrote: »
    Went off holding his lower back. Hopefully just a knock, although I haven't heard anything specific about it.

Someone on Reddit posted quotes from Klopp saying it was bad enough to stop him playing on but that he should be okay to go off to the internationals. Should be back for Palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

when I was a kid I played a lot of pitch and putt. Come home and tell the dad I had 16 birdies and two pars. to impress him. Can imagine Salah to his Dad. "Yeah Dad scored 4 goals and had an assist"
    Sure Mo, sure

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement