Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭beya2009

Klopp such a different manager to Mourinho...instead of criticizing players Klopp does the opposite. Klopp stated Salah on his way to Messi level and I agree...he belongs at that class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

beya2009 wrote: »
    Klopp such a different manager to Mourinho...instead of criticizing players Klopp does the opposite. Klopp stated Salah on his way to Messi level and I agree...he belongs at that class.

No he doesn't. Because nobody belongs to that class apart from Messi. Messi's passing, speed and dribbling off either side is ludicrous.

Salah's finishing is eerily similar though, i'd definitely say that. There is no backlift with much of his shooting so the keeper generally has no idea when he'll shoot, and has no time to be set. Look at his third yesterday. He sits so many defenders on their arses and makes keepers look silly because his close control is brilliant and he shoots in a split second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

I actually can't believe Mourinho skewers his own players like that.

How does he hope to get them playing for him or to attract players to the club in future?

Long may it last!!!

I know. I've always found Mourinho's antics and dealings with the media fascinating, right from his first stint at Chelsea, when he had the swagger and the arrogance and was heaping praise on the team as they were always winning. Then they lost to Middlesborough who were really struggling, and suddenly he lashed into the players.

I remember telling my father about it. I thought it was great, was such a shock to me, and the players responded and didn't lose again for ages. But that's when you use public admonishment sparingly.

He has been at this for a few months now, from little snide remarks to full on skewering, as you say. The kool-aid seems to be refreshing over the wall as well. Long may it continue indeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

martyos121 wrote: »
    I volunteer Owayn for that, he loves a good list.

Mo Salah is ****ing orgasmic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭doc_17

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Salah is just a constant reminder that Mourinho needs to stay at Utd for as long as possibe

Martial and maybe Rashford could be tearing up the league if they played for Klopp or Pep. We’ve got the best man we could possibly have in charge of us. I honestly think we have a real shot next year at the league if a couple of things go our way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

can we hold on to Salah though, that's the concern now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

There's a good chance Salah is loving his football under Klopp so much that holding onto him in the summer may not be a problem.

Of course there will be clubs who will think they can just have him. His agent might agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Losing him after on year would be unacceptable, obviously.

Four goals, christ. Only getting my head around it now post Paddy's festivities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Don't invent crisis, wait for them to actually happen - then panic.

Two weeks to the next game :(

Salah as he used to be

https://zippy.gfycat.com/CompleteUncomfortableFossa.webm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

We will get another year out of salah atleast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Stupid international break. No doubt Salah and VVD will arrive back with season ending injuries

paulie21 wrote: »
    Stupid international break. No doubt Salah and VVD will arrive back with season ending injuries

Why would you even say that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Grayditch wrote: »
    Why would you even say that.
    Because I hate international friendly breaks. We always seem to pick up a key injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Jesus, why do people think that Salah might leave in the summer. There isn't a prayer, though that won't stop idiots in the clickbait transfer rumour-mongering from inventing stories. Which, of course, will be shared on here, which will feed into a further unwarranted speculation frenzy.

It's a never-ending circle. We will get at least one or two more seasons from Salah. Please just be grateful for now that we have him and that he's doing what he's doing for us.

paulie21 wrote: »
    Because I hate international friendly breaks. We always seem to pick up a key injury

I'd say that this is one of the many myths that surround us that could easily be disproven. Given the fact that we're a Top 4 side, almost all of our players are chosen for their countries. It wouldn't be unusual for one of them to pick up an injury but the same could be true for City, Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Snowflakes

mosstin wrote: »
    Jesus, why do people think that Salah might leave in the summer. There isn't a prayer, though that won't stop idiots in the clickbait transfer rumour-mongering from inventing stories. Which, of course, will be shared on here, which will feed into a further unwarranted speculation frenzy.

It's a never-ending circle. We will get at least one or two more seasons from Salah. Please just be grateful for now that we have him and that he's doing what he's doing for us.

I don't think he will leave in the summer as we will surely get a season or 2 from him but unfortunately we have an unwanted track record of our best players getting poached abroad. He's the best player in the EPL so he will be on the big clubs radar this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I agree with the Twatter heads who say Salah needs to do this consistently over multiple seasons before he can be considered in the same bracket as Messi and Ronaldo.......hopefully Barca and Real are listening to their informed analysis. >_>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

So if we were looking for a backup who may be ok with some time on the bench, does anyone else like Zaha. Works his ass off, is strong, fast and clever. THink he would fit with our front three better than Ings does.

• Advertisement

Klopp literally and specifically said Salah is "on his way" to Messi comparisons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Snowflakes

Unless you're talking about actual flakes of snow then use of that word should be discouraged. It's association with the far right gives me shivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hopefully with the City game we win or at least draw the home game then City beat utd and win the league at utd and are exhausted for the second leg and we run over them.

I would imagine the City players would love to win the title at utd and may just push themselves to the limits to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

So if we were looking for a backup who may be ok with some time on the bench, does anyone else like Zaha. Works his ass off, is strong, fast and clever. THink he would fit with our front three better than Ings does.

Good thinking, get those rumours going before the Palace game in two weeks.

ZAHA WANTS OUT OF SINKING SHIP

MORAL AT ALL TIME LOW

No thanks. Absolutely not what we need. Looks decent on the ball but doesn't score enough or assist enough for my liking. Just don't think he'd fit in here at all. It's one thing being Palace's main man, but suddenly there's more spotlight on him here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I don't think he will leave in the summer as we will surely get a season or 2 from him but unfortunately we have an unwanted track record of our best players getting poached abroad. He's the best player in the EPL so he will be on the big clubs radar this summer.

We have a decent record of holding on to them as long as is possible as well.

I think there's pretty much no amount of money that'd prise him away. I think it's unlikely, even if he's secretly absolutely ruthless in his ambition to get to one of Europe's top mega-money clubs, that we couldn't get him to commit to another season.

I'm not at all worried about losing him.

Firmino might be another matter.
    He'd be a perfect replacement for Benzema.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I'd say the biggest danger of losing Salah will come not from Real or Barca but from an oil/Arab club like Man City or PSG seeking to "synergise" their brand by having the world's first Arab superstar (definitely in the top 10 in the world and probably top 5) wear their logos. They're also the only ones who'd pay the 200M+ it would take to turn the club's head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Club is past having it's head turned. Money is no issue.
    We can sell him in 2020 if need be, he's very young. He'll be here for a long while yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Neymar to Madrid then I could see PSG throwing money at Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

No top top player will want to go to psg at this stage. They’re a hollow heartless soulless ****e club .
    They will never win the champions league.
    The Neymar deal was embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Winning silverware is the best chance of keeping him here but at the end of the day if a player has a desire to leave he will sooner or later. If it's Madrid or Barca wanting they will get him.

But ya know what I'd rather just enjoy him and than worry after every hat trick he scores that he's leaving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think Neymar leaving would make them look pretty small time.

I'm not sure serious players will be as interested after they keep failing at the highest level.

Players are already going to be getting a fortune. I'm sure Salah could get 200k if /when he renegotiates his contract in the next 6-12 months.

French players might be easier to sway, and money will be telling in a lot of cases, but I don't think the very top players won't go there in their primes.

I hope the PSG project fails miserably

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Yep and even though Mourinho is put in the category of top managers...I don't think there's another top manager in the world that complains/whinges/rants and criticizes his players openly as often as he does. No way Salah would be this good under him.

Yep, whether it's parking buses or throwing his players under them , there's few to match Mourinho in world football .

Club is past having it's head turned. Money is no issue.
    We can sell him in 2020 if need be, he's very young. He'll be here for a long while yet.

Problem usually is if players head is turned as I always see it as having dead weight over time until asset is sold. I remember Danial Levy saying he didn't want to sell Bale but had to as he was desperate to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

No thanks. Absolutely not what we need. Looks decent on the ball but doesn't score enough or assist enough for my liking. Just don't think he'd fit in here at all. It's one thing being Palace's main man, but suddenly there's more spotlight on him here.

Wouldn’t be in favour of him either but a lot of people would have said the same about Chamberlain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

This and more. He's only at the club a few months and we've already sold him to Real Madrid. Lads, he's going nowhere for the forseeable so enjoy him doing what he's doing at the club you love. We've struck gold.

SlickRic wrote: »
    No he doesn't. Because nobody belongs to that class apart from Messi. Messi's passing, speed and dribbling off either side is ludicrous.

Salah's finishing is eerily similar though, i'd definitely say that. There is no backlift with much of his shooting so the keeper generally has no idea when he'll shoot, and has no time to be set. Look at his third yesterday. He sits so many defenders on their arses and makes keepers look silly because his close control is brilliant and he shoots in a split second.

He does remind me of Messi so much. I'm not making claims of him being better etc, but just the way he plays and attracts half a team to mark him is so similar. Just look at his third goal yesterday. With one turn, he takes about three Watford players out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Wouldn’t be in favour of him either but a lot of people would have said the same about Chamberlain.

Zaha has been sensational for over a year now (when healthy). He'd be an amazing bench option. He'll cost a hell of a lot and tbh I think he's a lock to go to Spurs.

We have such a good front 3 that really its getting a guy just below their level who maybe hasn't hit their full potential. Its a key recruitment too. But the club have NAILED those key recruitments over the last few years so i've full faith in them to continue that.

I'd love to get Zaha. He wouldn't be integral, but he'd be a super back up. And he'd only improve under Klopp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Salah has said before that he wants to stay on the PL as it suits his style of play better.

Cue the news that he's off to Cityy

I also think he'd cost silly money. Sure, everyone is stupidly priced but given the fact that he'd be expected to be creative, I don't think he's up to it. Chamberlain has many more roles he could fill in the team and so I think he was a good signing at a reasonably decent price. Also, Zaha's injured a lot, isn't he? Took a knock yesterday too, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

Also, Zaha's injured a lot, isn't he? Took a knock yesterday too, I think.

Exactly, we had one of those. Don't need another Sturidge.

Barca have not had many Muslim players. If Salah was south American I would fear him leaving.

Barca have not had many Muslim players. If Salah was south American I would fear him leaving.

Your posts are wonderfully weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I saw online that lfc scouts are in attendance at the koln v leverkusen match today in Germany. Would love the club to sign leon bailey or brandt to help rotate with the front 3 next season

monkey9 wrote: »
    Your posts are wonderfully weird.

Nearly whole squad is made up of Spanish, South American or Portuguese players. Nothing new in that Shirley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Danny Ings to score the winner at the ethiad. I'd be made up for the lad, he put in so much effort yesterday, hope he still has a future at the club.

Ings' goal will come. And it'll be a great moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Ya know what's absolutely insane ? The amount of chances or final passes that he has not scored/assisted ..there have been another 15-20 you could say would/should have been goals, that's astonishing really,what a impact.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement