Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Naby up against Bayern right now.

Barca have not had many Muslim players. If Salah was south American I would fear him leaving.

In related news, I see Mourinho issued another FATwa on Luke Shaw yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Keita equalises for Leipzig. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

martyos121 wrote: »

he looks a right handful. the futures even brighter lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

On the Zaha thing, I dont think many forward players would have an issue slotting into our front three - I dont actually think its the players as much as it is the system - the high pressure from the halfway line is where about 70% of our chances come from. With all the chances we are bound to score a lot of goals, look at cout at barca. Bad example I know and i'm aware we have pure class in bobby mane and the king but switch one out with any half decent striker or AM and its business as usual.

Once ings gets his eye in he will bags bundles of goals - he just needs to stop aiming at the keepers!

I think the reliability of robertson and also his ability to cross a ball had added an extra dimension to our attack. He is so accurate with a cross defenders have simply got to commit to him out wide, whereas last season coutinho picked a lot of balls off that wing and fired from the corner of the box, I'd say our conversion rate is a lot higher with robertson than cout - Not so much directly from crosses but breaking balls and 3rd attempts.

• Advertisement

Gwan Vardy. Would love a replay here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

mosstin wrote: »

Wont get one

dzer2 wrote: »
    Wont get one

Why?

Why?

No replays in this round extra time and penalties

dzer2 wrote: »
    No replays in this round extra time and penalties

Really? Didn't know that.

• Advertisement

Really? Didn't know that.

Too many whinging about so many games so the rules got changed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Really hope the club at least try to sign timo werner this summer. also another assist from naby keita

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He’s just set up Werner to put Leipzig ahead, 2-1. :D

He’s just set up Werner to put Leipzig ahead, 2-1. :D

Big game player. I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I think he’d have to be repeatedly kicking Ander Herrera in the balls before I could consider cheering him on.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I think he’d have to be repeatedly kicking Ander Herrera in the balls before I could consider cheering him on.

Heh, not necessarily cheering Vardy on per se. It'd be against my religion also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

No replays and all teams in the semi final are not in Europe so much for fixture pile up :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Salah leaving or not depends on 2 things. Firstly, him insisting in a Coutinho like way that he wants to leave, and secondly on someone paying a huge amount of money for him.

I hope he doesn't insist on leaving, and I hope not, but I believe almost nothing footballers say, so won't take anything he has said as a basis for what he might do.

On a different note, if Klopp signs any player, I'll be hugely trusting of him knowing far more about how they will perform than I do. I was against signing Chamberlain greatly, but he has come to contribute well as a squad player. I'll trust more readily next time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

He's barely arrived and there are actual discussions already about him leaving.
    The schizophrenic nature of this thread knows no bounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

ShamoBuc wrote: »

it's more the fear of getting attached given that it's happened a few times already. Ask any heart-broken guy!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

it's more the fear of getting attached given that it's happened a few times already. Ask any heart-broken guy!

Just did. He's staying.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Just did. He's staying.

I asked too, got the same answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Baby Keith's goal (scrappy af) https://streamable.com/iu8e6

And assist.

https://streamja.com/Gp7

ShamoBuc wrote: »

How does that constitute being schizophrenic? There has been lots of linking of him to Madrid. Should we not be allowed to discuss the possibility at all, even if most think he won't go anywhere? I guarantee there will be lots more speculation over the next 5 and a bit months.

Lucas scores again for lazio. Regular goal machine now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Knex. wrote: »
    Baby Keith's goal (scrappy af) https://streamable.com/iu8e6

And assist.

https://streamja.com/Gp7

Nice assist from Keita but the finish from Werner is great.

Would be great to have them both next season. Understanding already established..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Is that Milner on the drums :pac:

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is that Milner on the drums :pac:

Yeah :D

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    How does that constitute being schizophrenic? There has been lots of linking of him to Madrid. Should we not be allowed to discuss the possibility at all, even if most think he won't go anywhere? I guarantee there will be lots more speculation over the next 5 and a bit months.

In fairness though, with the chatter on here today, it's as if he's 3 years into his time here and has declared his love of Spanish culture. Almost anyone we've sold for big bucks previously - Suarez, Torres and Coutinho in particular - has been here for multi-season stretches. I don't get the sudden urge to fret about whether we'll hold him for one more season or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Man I really hope we are in for Jorginho having him behind Keita would be awesome I’d love to see Can stay and make up the third in that midfield three.

In fairness though, with the chatter on here today, it's as if he's 3 years into his time here and has declared his love of Spanish culture. Almost anyone we've sold for big bucks previously - Suarez, Torres and Coutinho in particular - has been here for multi-season stretches. I don't get the sudden urge to fret about whether we'll hold him for one more season or not.

I think the one thing that the Coutinho transfer taught me is that if a player really wants to leave badly enough, they will go. Just because it has generally been 3-4 years into a stay, doesn't mean that'll be the case again. I don't think he will leave, but I don't think it's a certainty. If Madrid come on strong for him this summer it'll be 100% because Salah says he is open to the move. We'll wait and see, but I hope he says to them that he isn't interested this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Only team that has the funds to buy him are real and psg . he wont go to real while bale and ronaldo are there while they want hazard. Psg cant buy salah when they have mbappe and cavani and neymar. So he is staying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

5starpool wrote: »
    I think the one thing that the Coutinho transfer taught me is that if a player really wants to leave badly enough, they will go. Just because it has generally been 3-4 years into a stay, doesn't mean that'll be the case again. I don't think he will leave, but I don't think it's a certainty. If Madrid come on strong for him this summer it'll be 100% because Salah says he is open to the move. We'll wait and see, but I hope he says to them that he isn't interested this summer.

And the thing that Mahrez still racking up goals and assists for Leicester has thought us, is that had we kept Coutinho he would likely be doing the same for us. He might have taken a time out like Mahrez, but he was never gonna go on strike in a World Cup year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Told my girlfriend that I was getting our names & the date (anniversary) engraved on the glass.

Got this instead.....😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

there's a combined XI chat brewing in the city thread, didn't we do this already with the other crowd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

FitzShane wrote: »
    Told my girlfriend that I was getting our names & the date (anniversary) engraved on the glass.

Got this instead.....😅

Wife her. Now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

https://twitter.com/LFCZA/status/975478835209818112?s=19

Apparently Liverpool have enquired about Ndidi.

brevity wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/LFCZA/status/975478835209818112?s=19

Apparently Liverpool have enquired about Ndidi.

Is it a silent 'N' ?

Is it a silent 'N' ?

Ndidi it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Is it a silent 'N' ?
    Yes Ndidi.

How much will Salah be worth when he wins the World Cup for Egypt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

How much will Salah be worth when he wins the World Cup for Egypt.

A solid gold pyramid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

gimli2112 wrote: »
    there's a combined XI chat brewing in the city thread, didn't we do this already with the other crowd?

Must be a Manchester thing,

Sure city only need to put out a second string to swat us away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

mightyreds wrote: »
    Must be a Manchester thing,

Sure city only need to put out a second string to swat us away.
    That is more or less what they are saying. Their bench would hammer us apparently. A few mad minutes in last game etc etc, another 5 minutes and would have won ...

Over two legs it really is open and I can see a lot of goals will be scored. I hope they play delph and company as the pair of them are weak links as far as I can see but who know, that Edison is a nutter too so definitely be looking to put pressure on his kicks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I said it a few months ago i would love Ndidi at the club. Hes so young still and has the potential to be a world class player. If can does leave he would be an ideal replacement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I'm sure Leicester will be rubbing their hands together if we come calling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

That is more or less what they are saying. Their bench would hammer us apparently. A few mad minutes in last game etc etc, another 5 minutes and would have won ...

Over two legs it really is open and I can see a lot of goals will be scored. I hope they play delph and company as the pair of them are weak links as far as I can see but who know, that Edison is a nutter too so definitely be looking to put pressure on his kicks.

I never said that the bench would hammer Liverpool, you love moving the goal posts.

It sounds like it'll be an easy game for City anyway. Should really just award them the game now and give our lads a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It sounds like it'll be an easy game for City anyway. Should really just award them the game now and give our lads a break.

Is that you Brendan?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement