Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    It sounds like it'll be an easy game for City anyway. Should really just award them the game now and give our lads a break.

I mean even there bench of 7 players could beat Liverpool so no point turning up.

:D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So we have moved on from openly tapping up Southampton players to now agreeing terms with a Leicester player under contract till 2222 but not the club.

I hope they are meeting outside Blackpool and using a more secure messaging service than Skype.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Is that you Brendan?

CBdXH8XUUAAx3-R.jpg:large

I mean even there bench of 7 players could beat Liverpool so no point turning up.

:D:pac:

No point their fans turning up too.

Oh wait..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I'm sure we'll give City a decent game despite what many have said. At the very least we can show City fans what a European night in a home ground should actually look like. They'll be no empty seats in Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

How can you support a Refs bad decisions. Support the Ref, what a joke.
    Would be better to have them held accountable for ruining games with poor calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

NukaCola wrote: »
    I'm sure we'll give City a decent game despite what many have said. At the very least we can show City fans what a European night in a home ground should actually look like. They'll be no empty seats in Anfield.

Think we will give them a great game too especially as virgil didnt play in any of the games against them yet

Henderson tells of the confidence Mo brings to the team ..... doing the hard part (ball in net) ....https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/jordan-henderson-delighted-to-have-superstar-mohamed-salah-on-his-side-36718536.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

How can you support a Refs bad decisions. Support the Ref, what a joke.
    Would be better to have them held accountable for ruining games with poor calls.

No idea what you're talking about but I totally agree.

• Advertisement

We've not conceded from a set piece since VVD was bought. We conceded from every set piece before he was bought.

Hopefully VVD and Wijnaldum will have a nice chat about stuff with de Vrij while on International break.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We've not conceded from a set piece since VVD was bought. We conceded from every set piece before he was bought.

Possibly not on the pitch, but we definitely had him bought when we conceded against Swansea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

I see aspas had an awful miss at weekend brought back some bad memories...

Asspass is useless. Anyone could score against the teams he plays against. It's why Mossy and Ron get 40 goals a season every season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

5starpool wrote: »
    Possibly not on the pitch, but we definitely had him bought when we conceded against Swansea.

He played against Swansea, and ye conceded from a set piece, he headed the corner against the Swansea player and it fell directly to Mawson(I think) to score..

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    He played against Swansea, and ye conceded from a set piece, he headed the corner against the Swansea player and it fell directly to Mawson(I think) to score..

Ya, I knew it was a set piece, wasn't sure if he play, but now that you mention it I remember the goal now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I love that people still go to the trouble of correcting Toby on his facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

NukaCola wrote: »

Let's show those plastics how real fans do it; by watching at home and posting on the match thread, as the vast majority of us on this site will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Let's show those plastics how real fans do it; by watching at home and posting on the match thread, as the vast majority of us on this site will

Haha.

jM2Eopf.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Every thread needs a Toby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

mosstin wrote: »
    Every thread needs a Toby.

The day Toby leaves, I leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

That tarantula gif is freaking me out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

jM2Eopf.gif

Here's another/.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

jM2Eopf.gif

.... and another...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ah lads, spiders..... really!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

not sure I can handle another summer of Barcelona antics

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

gimli2112 wrote: »
    not sure I can handle another summer of Barcelona antics

I can't see them coming in for Salah as Dembele and Coutinho cost a lot more than they expected so he won't be cheaper than a Griezmann for comparison. I fully expect Real or PSG to be very interested depending on where Neymar is come August. But I'm sure the owners know they have to thread easy after selling one of our best players in January without a replacement coming in immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭beya2009

ERG89 wrote: »
    I can't see them coming in for Salah as Dembele and Coutinho cost a lot more than they expected so he won't be cheaper than a Griezmann for comparison. I fully expect Real or PSG to be very interested depending on where Neymar is come August. But I'm sure the owners know they have to thread easy after selling one of our best players in January without a replacement coming in immediately

And also although we have sold out best players in teh past...it usually after they have given us a few season of top class performances so losing Salah after just 1 season unthinkable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Not true away to Swansea

• Advertisement

Salah is the stand out player in World Football at the Mo :pac:

Seriously though, offers under £200m would be laughed at.

I know some reckon any credible + player could slot into our front 3 and business as usual but as Henderson said, Salah does the hard part, repeatedly, ball in net. At a ridiculous rate. He's smashing records this season and looks like there's plenty more in the locker.

stand out player after Kevin de Bruyne, if you follow the general premier league thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Is it because they see De Bruyne as the "complete" player? And Salah is more flash in the pan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

KDB is a real crux who gets goals himself. I think he's the best player in the league.

obviously I'm biased but I can't see anyone deserving player of the season ahead of Salah. People championing KDB ahead of him, this season, makes no sense, to me.

Lets see what happens in the champions league tie ,
    I know it shouldn't have any bearing on the Prem player of the season, but if Salah fires Liverpool past City, I'd put my house on him getting player of the year,

gimli2112 wrote: »
    obviously I'm biased but I can't see anyone deserving player of the season ahead of Salah. People championing KDB ahead of him, this season, makes no sense, to me.

They are both having a fantastic season. I don't think it'll be a scandal if either of them win the poty awards. It'd be fair maybe if one got pfa, one got writers.

I know it shouldn't have any bearing on the Prem player of the season, but if Salah fires Liverpool past City, I'd put my house on him getting player of the year,

The voting for pfa always happens in March, so may already be over. It certainly will be done before the city tie anyhow. The writers one is decided later.

5starpool wrote: »

The voting for pfa always happens in March, so may already be over. It certainly will be done before the city tie anyhow. The writers one is decided later.
    Very true I forgot about that , so this past weekend may not matter either,

• Advertisement

Taking into account performances across all competitions for this 2017/2018 season between Messi, Salah & KDB:

Messi:
    43 games played (28 in league, 8 in UCL, 5 in cope del rey & 2 in super cup)
    35 goals scored (25 in league, 6 in UCL, 3 in cope del rey & 1 in super cup)
    16 assists (12 in league, 2 in UCL & 2 in cope del rey)

Salah:
    41 games played (30 in league, 8 in UCL, 2 in UCL qual & 1 in fa cup)
    36 goals scored (28 in league, 6 in UCL, 1 in UCL qual & 1 in fa cup)
    12 assists (10 in league & 2 in UCL)

KDB:
    43 games played (30 in league, 6 in UCL, 4 in efl cup & 3 in fa cup)
    11 goals scored (7 in league, 1 in UCL, 2 in efl cup & 1 in fa cup)
    19 assists (14 in league, 4 in UCL & 1 in efl cup)

KDB is a world class player; an assist machine and is clearly having the best season of his career but contribution from other 2 out of this world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Assists is a bit of a garbage stat really, as someone who plays the fantasy game I've seen some of the trivial contributions that get declared an assist.

Have also seen KdB in particular being the key creator/orchestrator of a goal, without getting either the goal or the assist. Has probably also happened to Salah/Messi as well but maybe less so.

The assist to the assist stat is being throttled out this season in a lot of places as well I have noticed.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Ah lads, spiders..... really!?

Putting it in my signature...

I suppose that's where chances created can also be useful to look at as you would imagine especially with Messi and KDB, they must create a lot of chances that do not lead to goals.

Salah is top of the list with "big" chances missed according to the DM. Salah (19), Benteke (18) and some guy who plays for Spurs (16)

• Advertisement

Alderweireld can leave next summer for £25.4 million before the final 14 days of the transfer window, in his contract.
    Shirley should buy him just for the sake of it.

I don't think Salah would even want to leave a team that is building something special under Klopp that makes Can wanting to leave even stranger for me.

It's not like Can isn't getting games he is staring in midfield in one of the most exciting sides in Europe.

Leaving can't be down to money or lack of game time and there hasn't been any rumours of unrest from him or the club the whole thing is just strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Alderweireld can leave next summer for £25.4 million before the final 14 days of the transfer window, in his contract.
    Shirley should buy him just for the sake of it.

At that price he's basically a free agent - can pick any club in the world he wants. Doubt it'll be Liverpool to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

I don't think Salah would even want to leave a team that is building something special under Klopp that makes Can wanting to leave even stranger for me.

It's not like Can isn't getting games he is staring in midfield in one of the most exciting sides in Europe.

Leaving can't be down to money or lack of game time and there hasn't been any rumours of unrest from him or the club the whole thing is just strange.

Perhaps Can wants to stay but his wage demands are out of synch with his stature as a player, that kind of situation would not be very strange at all. You have to take the public utterances with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    At that price he's basically a free agent - can pick any club in the world he wants. Doubt it'll be Liverpool to be honest.

Barca or Real will be all over that. He's a fantastic defender, who would improve any side in the world.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement