Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Alonso forgot who's supposed to be playing for this half!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Haha. Alonso double agent. The lads took the piss there. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Delighted to see Garcia and Kuyt in a Liverpool Jersey again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He still doesn't have it Aldo .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Alonso and Stevie still obviously looking fairly fit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Poor bastard, fairly embarassing for him! Will have to be his last Legends appearance surely. :pac:

Smicer!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Fieldog wrote: »
    Alonso and Stevie still obviously looking fairly fit...

And in good shape too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

DZEWXXtWsAAXuKn.jpg

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Poor bastard, fairly embarassing for him! Will have to be his last Legends appearance surely. :pac:

It was hilarious. It's like carrying something heavy and then you trip and the weigh means it's impossible to recover, the weight being his stomach in his case.

Was like this for anyone who didn't see it

ryan-braun-baserunning-fail-gif-baseball-fail-gifs.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

McManaman laughing there is absolutely brilliant! :)

Very interesting chat with our manager and our future manager... :)

Champions draw is such a fix. Could not have worked out better for Uefa.
    All the big clubs like Liverpool, Barca, Real and Bayern avoided each other. The fact the balls have markings on them is shocking. They should be all white, not covered in individual stars and markings. Also very suspect that when the balls were been picked the camera goes to audience, so you never actually see any of the balls come out. All you hear is the noise, once picked camera goes back to see it opened.
    It's a clear case of balls in freezer and balls heated
    City and Liverpool were cold balls. They come out last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Champions draw is such a fix. Could not have worked out better for Uefa.
    All the big clubs like Liverpool, Barca, Real and Bayern avoided each other. The fact the balls have markings on them is shocking. They should be all white, not covered in individual stars and markings. Also very suspect that when the balls were been picked the camera goes to audience, so you never actually see any of the balls come out. All you hear is the noise, once picked camera goes back to see it opened.
    It's a clear case of balls in freezer and balls heated
    City and Liverpool were cold balls. They come out last.

It wouldn't surprise me at all, but I'd more suspect it if Juventus hadn't have been drawn against Madrid. From UEFA's point of view, I'd have Real, Barca, Bayern and Juve as "hot balls" and the rest cold. Or maybe have Pool and City as "lukewarm" so they're drawn against eachother, thus guaranteeing one English team goes home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

fyfe79 wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me at all, but I'd more suspect it if Juventus hadn't have been drawn against Madrid. From UEFA's point of view, I'd have Real, Barca, Bayern and Juve as "hot balls" and the rest cold. Or maybe have Pool and City as "lukewarm" so they're drawn against eachother, thus guaranteeing Manchester City goes home.

fixed your post ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Fieldog wrote: »

Very interesting chat with our manager and our future manager... :)

That's class.

Gotta love Stevie & kloppo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Martin Skrtel was knocked out and swallowed his tongue during a friendly today. A teammate got to his tongue and it seems he's ok now. Scary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Martin Skrtel was knocked out and swallowed his tongue during a friendly today. A teammate got to his tongue and it seems he's ok now. Scary.

Jaysis. Fair play to the teammate for reacting so quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Jaysus, that'd turn your blood cold even thinking about it. Awful for the man.

Reports in Germany that Timo Werner wants out of RB and RB would be looking for a €100m for him and that Klopp wants him.

His adviser is former German player Karl-Heinz Forster who according to the press was Klopp's idol and they have a good relationship.

Eh, Skrtel played on after being knocked out and swallowing his tongue. What the absolute ****.

Why isn't there a concussion protocol in this day and age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Reports in Germany that Timo Werner wants out of RB and RB would be looking for a €100m for him and that Klopp wants him.

His adviser is former German player Karl-Heinz Forster who according to the press was Klopp's idol and they have a good relationship.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-no-interest-timo-werner-14456324.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Echo ruling it out ; say Brewster will be fast tracked into the first team next season to compete.

• Advertisement

Brewster who had a potentially career ending injury is being fast tracked for our striker position. That strikes me as... naive.

Liverpool still need to add a player that can rotate into the front 3 positions, as was the case when Coutinho was here for the first half of the season. If that's Lemar, Brandt or someone else who is more situated to the wider positions, fine. But not signing an attacker would be beyond daft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Ings will probably move on this summer along with sturridge and Origi. So Brewster being distracted I have no issue with. I expect him and possible Ben to play a few games. Perhaps the latter more than the former. That been said I only expect a similar amount of game time as Ings has gotten this season.

I think we badly need a striker. Even if one of the three I mentioned stay, we need a striker who can rotate and compete with firmino. Werner would be a brilliant option but if united are in for him we haven't chance. I'd like a cheeky bid for aguero since there is constant talk of him leaving. Or else an ambitious griezman offer? Surely he would come to the European Champions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Knex. wrote: »
    Brewster who had a potentially career ending injury is being fast tracked for our striker position. That strikes me as... naive.

Liverpool still need to add a player that can rotate into the front 3 positions, as was the case when Coutinho was here for the first half of the season. If that's Lemar, Brandt or someone else who is more situated to the wider positions, fine. But not signing an attacker would be beyond daft.

I assume we are not signing an out and out striker.

We will probably sign a forward someone like Zaha(played up front for Palace at times) or Keita Balde.

Signing someone who can play anywhere along the front 3 would suit us better than signing a striker.
    I know Werner can play on the wing at times too but we won't be looking for a 90m+ striker/forward. Zaha would be a good signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Mr.H wrote: »
    Ings will probably move on this summer along with sturridge and Origi. So Brewster being distracted I have no issue with. I expect him and possible Ben to play a few games. Perhaps the latter more than the former. That been said I only expect a similar amount of game time as Ings has gotten this season.

I think we badly need a striker. Even if one of the three I mentioned stay, we need a striker who can rotate and compete with firmino. Werner would be a brilliant option but if united are in for him we haven't chance. I'd like a cheeky bid for aguero since there is constant talk of him leaving. Or else an ambitious griezman offer? Surely he would come to the European Champions?
    I can't see us going for a Aguero or Griezman, why would we when we have Bobby who we have built our whole style around,
     We will sign a younger under study for Firmino someone who doesn't mind being out of the team, If we look to improve our front 3 it would be in place of Mane as good as he is (and that brilliant)  , he is the worst of the 3 ,
    I think we could do with another winger/inside forward, to rotate with the Mane and MO when needed,
    How is Ojo getting on ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just read two years ago Bobby Firminho was our top scorer in the league with ten goals. Wonder who'll get it this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Mr.H wrote: »
    I'd like a cheeky bid for aguero since there is constant talk of him leaving. Or else an ambitious griezman offer? Surely he would come to the European Champions?

I'll have some of whatever you're smoking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

We seem to sign a young prospect type striker every couple of years, to play back up to the main lad. (N'gog, Borini, Origi, Solanke) They usually get 2 years before being shipped off again.

This summer seems to not be one of those summers where we buy a back-up striker so we will have to make do with Solanke next season again I think. Although even just thinking now, he is not exactly being used lately so maybe Ings will stay as the back up and play his 25 games, mainly from the bench. Unfortunately cannot rely on his injury record. Solanke is not good enough IMO.

We could see a summer of 4 main targets and sticking to them - like last summer where every man and his dog knew we wanted VVD, Keita, Salah & Ox. (and a LB) We signed all of them.

Allison is one this summer. Who else with him is the question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Richarlison,in our team he would flourish I think

I think he could be a very good shout, Young plenary of room for improvement and already looks a decent player, I'd also imagine he would be happy to learn his trade behind the front 3

FitzShane wrote: »
    We seem to sign a young prospect type striker every couple of years, to play back up to the main lad. (N'gog, Borini, Origi, Solanke) They usually get 2 years before being shipped off again.

This summer seems to not be one of those summers where we buy a back-up striker so we will have to make do with Solanke next season again I think. Although even just thinking now, he is not exactly being used lately so maybe Ings will stay as the back up and play his 25 games, mainly from the bench. Unfortunately cannot rely on his injury record. Solanke is not good enough IMO.

We could see a summer of 4 main targets and sticking to them - like last summer where every man and his dog knew we wanted VVD, Keita, Salah & Ox. (and a LB) We signed all of them.

Allison is one this summer. Who else with him is the question?
    I think Jurgen is playing Ings so we get a higher price when we sell him ,
    I reckon Solanke goes on loan next term and Dickov, Studge and Ings get sold,
    Bring in a two of new attacker's and Brewster to add to the first team squad,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

What about Ryan Sessegnon?

Spurs seems the most likely destination though.

I really like him as a player, although he has certainly faded since his promising start.

I'd love to see what Klopp could do with him. He has so much raw ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Knex. wrote: »
    I really like him as a player, although he has certainly faded since his promising start.

I'd love to see what Klopp could do with him. He has so much raw ability.

I reckon a good bit of that is down to the manager change too. He really liked Silva and was very angry when he was sacked.

Would really like to Richarlison at Liverpool, to see how he can develop under the manager in an attacking set up and freedom. Would flourish IMO.

I think Jurgen is playing Ings so we get a higher price when we sell him ,
    I reckon Solanke goes on loan next term and Dickov, Studge and Ings get sold,
    Bring in a two of new attacker's and Brewster to add to the first team squad,

I think Klopp likes his energy and work rate.

It may be trying to get a higher value, but until he scores that won't rise too much. To be fair to him, Ings looked pretty sharp against Watford. All of the players really wanted him to score, especially Salah!

I'd have no qualms if Ings started the derby in between the 2 CL games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Meh, we score lots of goals. I think we're past the 'if we had a 25 goal a season striker' stage, aren't we? Mostly because we have one, of course.
    I'm at the stage with Klopp where whatever business he's likely to do this summer, will work for us and undoubtedly improve us.

Richarlison would definitely be worth a bid for the right price but I wouldn't go over £25m Doucoure at Watford would also be worth shot at signing however both would be squad building players.

We really need an experienced top class forward player or two to rotate with our front three not potential top class players now.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

brevity wrote: »
    What about Ryan Sessegnon?

Spurs seems the most likely destination though.

I genuinely think that while someone like him is really talented, he wouldn't get the game time with u to see if he will flourish at PL level. Aside from injury related reasons we aren't great in recent years at bringing young players into the team. Sterling I think is probably the exception. TAA wouldn't have played much if Clyne was fit, same for Gomez.

I haven't seen much of Sessignon though so other than reading about him being brilliant, I know little about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

mosstin wrote: »
    Meh, we score lots of goals. I think we're past the 'if we had a 25 goal a season striker' stage, aren't we? Mostly because we have one, of course.
    I'm at the stage with Klopp where whatever business he's likely to do this summer, will work for us and undoubtedly improve us.

We're on course for 90-odd.
    It's good, but between our defence and the standards that City are setting in attack, it's not enough.

Now we need to work in the margins a bit.
    We need more from outside the front 3 and from the bench.

Gini and Hendo have had a poor return this season. Can has done alright, although I don't think he's scored since Christmas.
    We also haven't scored enough from set pieces.

Van Dijk should help over the course of a full season, and hopefully between Keita and whatever other attackingy players we have arriving in the summer they'll chip in another 10-15 between them.

Wales vs Uruguay is live on S4C channel 280 on Sky now Wilson is starting and Woodburn is on the bench. 0-0 after 40 minutes.

Luis is playing for Uruguay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

If Chelsea fall out of the top 4 I'd love for us to try for willian.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

rob316 wrote: »
    If Chelsea fall out of the top 4 I'd love for us to try for willian.
    Deadly player but he's near his 30's now I think.
    I thought there were rumours of him to Madrid though.

• Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Deadly player but he's near his 30's now I think.
    I thought there were rumours of him to Madrid though.

Also rumours of him to Utd too
    I'd agree great player but @ 30 would need to be a decent price
    Although some get caught up in the whole potential v established

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

In the 'wouldn't mind a punt on them' category of Premier League players playing for mid-table/relegation threatened clubs...

Zaha
    Doucoure
    Lascelles
    Milivojevic
    Ndidi
    Richarlison
    Lewis Cook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Any word on Joe Gomez' injury? I haven't seen anything anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I would love the club the sign a real nasty ****er in midfield who can break up play and also most importantly be able to play football.

This team is far too nice for me, they need a mean streak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

Wales vs Uruguay is live on S4C channel 280 on Sky now Wilson is starting and Woodburn is on the bench. 0-0 after 40 minutes.

Luis is playing for Uruguay.
    Anyone else rooting for Uruguay in this one? Not sure who I despise more, Bale or Giggs!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement