Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I wouldn't bother with willian. Only the past 12 months or so has he added end product to his game. I don't think he would contribute enough goals to play in our front 3. He has been very good this season but I'd class him as similar to the ox. A better player currently to ox but in a year or two I'd expect it to be the other way round. No point in signing a 30 yr old that doesn't improve the front 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

SlickRic wrote: »
    In the 'wouldn't mind a punt on them' category of Premier League players playing for mid-table/relegation threatened clubs...

Zaha
    Doucoure
    Lascelles
    Milivojevic
    Ndidi
    Richarlison
    Lewis Cook

You'd imagine Lascelles if he were to go now or next season would go for a fair old chunk of change given his profile - Young, Talented, English, Club-captain at Newcastle

Risky purchase if doesn't work out after paying the English hype tax (not saying Lascelles is over hyped btw - I do rate him)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Wales vs Uruguay is live on S4C channel 280 on Sky now Wilson is starting and Woodburn is on the bench. 0-0 after 40 minutes.

Luis is playing for Uruguay.

Wales are counting this as a huge cup win if they win, does that mean Ireland have a right to claim that Celtic Nations Cup as a huge International win :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

shaunr68 wrote: »
    Not sure who I despise more, Bale or Giggs!

Giggs definitely Giggs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

ricero wrote: »
    I would love the club the sign a real nasty ****er in midfield who can break up play and also most importantly be able to play football.

This team is far too nice for me, they need a mean streak.

Keita fits some of that bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

rob316 wrote: »
    Keita fits some of that bill.

Just about to say that, will definitely get a red or two if he keeps up his nasty streak, unfortunately for us, our Reds and sending offs usually cost us in the long run...

Hendo in "that season" comes to mind, played a part in what cost us the league eventually IMO...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Fieldog wrote: »
    Just about to say that, will definitely get a red or two if he keeps up his nasty streak, unfortunately for us, our Reds and sending offs usually cost us in the long run...

What we need is a smooth, cold-blooded snide, not a hot-head. If we could just get a lock of Ricardo Carvalho's hair to the right laboratory...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

x43r0 wrote: »
    You'd imagine Lascelles if he were to go now or next season would go for a fair old chunk of change given his profile - Young, Talented, English, Club-captain at Newcastle

Risky purchase if doesn't work out after paying the English hype tax (not saying Lascelles is over hyped btw - I do rate him)

Lascelles falls into the same category as Michael Keane for me. Highly rated at a smaller club, made the big money move to Everton and has had a very poor season. Mitigated, of course, by the fact that he's had to play week in/week out beside the broken man that is Ashley Williams.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I'm not overly worried about Gomez return date, TAA has done just fine there and Clyne is back in training too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

2 random questions here but appreciate any info here.

I got the sail & rail ticket from Dublin -> Liverpool for next week.

1) How do foot passengers get onto the ferry at Dublin Port?
    2) With what tickets do I get onto the train at in Holyhead?

FitzShane wrote: »
    2 random questions here but appreciate any info here.

I got the sail & rail ticket from Dublin -> Liverpool for next week.

1) How do foot passengers get onto the ferry at Dublin Port?
    2) With what tickets do I get onto the train at in Holyhead?

You just walk onto the ferry. I came back from Liverpool last week so with the code given on booking in the train station they just gave me the tickets when I gave them the booking reference.

You just walk onto the ferry. I came back from Liverpool last week so with the code given on booking in the train station they just gave me the tickets when I gave them the booking reference.

Thank you. Only been on the Ferries while in a car, so wasn't sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Vicxas wrote: »
    I'm not overly worried about Gomez return date, TAA has done just fine there and Clyne is back in training too.

Trent AA could struggle badly with Sane.

Would much prefer Gomez up against him has more pace to deal with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

MD1990 wrote: »

:confused: If there's one thing Trent has more of than Gomez it's pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

How can anyone say there not to worried about Gomez,
    Its like some fans can't see faults in a player if he's one of our own, Trent will get skinned v Sane,
    He will be singled out and roasted if he plays,
    Yes he MAY become our best right back but at the minute his positioning is awful , he's great against the teams that don't attack but as Rashford showed if you get at him he's all over the shop

MD1990 wrote: »

Trent is quicker ,but Gomez is miles ahead when it comes to defending and that says a lot considering he still makes mistakes,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Both taa and gomez has flaws. Gomez let sane in for his goal against in the 4-3 win very easily while taa done the same against united and rashford. Clyne is the man you want for this game, a cool experienced head who gives us stability on the right side if salah is too far forward

Not like Gomez had a great time against Sane last time anyway

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I would be very nervous with arnold as our full back for both games vs city. I think he will prove to be a very good player and has a bright future at this club but Pep singled him out and targeted him in our first game against city this season quite successfully as did Jose at old trafford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Not true.

Gomez excels in 1v1s because of his pace & physicality. I have not seen him get done in many this saeson.

Trent AA is an excellent footballer great going forward but can struggle against raw pace like Sane & Rashford & positionally.

But he has alot of developing to do physically. He is going to be an excellent player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Gomez is one of the fastest players in the league, genuinely. He just rarely has to use it, or it looks like no effort to him. The man can move.

.......Clyne is the man you want for this game........

Surely he isn't ready to start games?

I was at the Watford game and apart from salah, Gomez and Robertson were the two standout players on the day. I was surprised by Gomez I didn't expect him to be that good.

Augeo wrote: »
    Surely he isn't ready to start games?

Not at the same level but he has played 90 minutes for the u23s recently.

Milner at RB anyone? For the away game anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

FitzShane wrote: »
    Milner at RB anyone? For the away game anyways.

Why?

Vicxas wrote: »
    Why?

He has the head for it. Positionallyable, will know what he is up against, won't get stirred by the occasion. Won't come under pressure.

Going forward, is well able to put a great cross in and will also be add numbers to midfield too and help beat their press by using him as a passing avenue.

Not at the same level but he has played 90 minutes for the u23s recently.

Great to hear, I didn;t know that. Might well be an option so.

• Advertisement

City would be foolish not to target our right back position.

And City aren't foolish.

City would be foolish not to target our right back position.

And City aren't foolish.
    The only thing about City is they tend to generally play between the lines, That's there strength, they don't tend to go wide early, The majority of the time there wide in a dangerous positions its there full back against your winger,

Doucoure has basically said in an interview on French TV that he wants to join Liverpool.
    “I was impatient to play there at Anfield, I wanted to feel the atmosphere. For me, it would be a dream to play in a club like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I think Jurgen is playing Ings so we get a higher price when we sell him ,
    I reckon Solanke goes on loan next term and Dickov, Studge and Ings get sold,
    Bring in a two of new attacker's and Brewster to add to the first team squad,

With the money in the game nowadays, a million here and there on a transfer fee is not worth a thought and isn't worth a match day squad place and game time for a player you don't want and don't want to play over a young player that could do with fame time and would probably increase in value by more than ings anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Both taa and gomez has flaws. Gomez let sane in for his goal against in the 4-3 win very easily while taa done the same against united and rashford. Clyne is the man you want for this game, a cool experienced head who gives us stability on the right side if salah is too far forward

In fairness, Sane made a mug out of Matip too, and it wasn't Karius proudest moment being beaten at the near post.

If we want young players coming through then these mistakes are inevitable, Sane and Rashford aren't exactly chumps either they can do it against the best. Not ideal at all but these guys have big futures ahead of them, they already do the right things 9/10, the problem is when faced with top quality they'll come up short. Managing their games is the way to go but with injuries they basically get put in the firing line for huge games and as you said, Clyne coming back in will help a lot.

The upshot is IMO, we dont need to sign a RB for the foreseeable future.

Knex. wrote: »
    Brewster who had a potentially career ending injury is being fast tracked for our striker position. That strikes me as... naive.

He hasn't signed a pro contract with us yet asaik......if we we rate him highly we have to show that if he's good enough he can play his way into the team.....a bit of persuasion to sign with us long term if nothing else IMO

• Advertisement

I think Jurgen is playing Ings so we get a higher price when we sell him ,
    I reckon Solanke goes on loan next term and Dickov, Studge and Ings get sold,
    Bring in a two of new attacker's and Brewster to add to the first team squad,

I'd be disappointed if Origi was left go. Pretty much a perfect backup for us. Strong fast scores off the bench and scores when rotated. He's not prolific and not a starter but for a young player can do the business....he's still only 22 and miles ahead of both Ings and Solanke IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

ricero wrote:
    I would love the club the sign a real nasty ****er in midfield who can break up play and also most importantly be able to play football.

ricero wrote:
    This team is far too nice for me, they need a mean streak.

Mascherano then

VVD scores the third for Holland as they go 3 up against Portugal.

Babel scored the second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Would not expect mistakes from right back in games against City. These games bring 100% concentration and a determination by each player in our team. We'll be on fire and City will get burnt by that passion, that will, that noise.
    Can see an easy passage to next round to be honest. I expect we could have it done and dusted in 45 minutes.

Pretty good goal from Virgil too

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Cucumber Boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

VVD scores the third for Holland as they go 3 up against Portugal.

Babel scored the second.

Babel only turned 31 in December , holy ****. Seems like a generation ago he left.

Only just remembered about Woodburn. Interesting to see what role he has in the squad next year.

And Danny Ings looks like a white Craig David.

That man is at least 40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Knex. wrote: »
    And Danny Ings looks like a white Craig David.

That man is at least 40.

He’s also well used to chilling on Sundays with his injury record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

ballyargus wrote: »
    Mascherano then

been playing far too long as a centre half for me

martyos121 wrote: »
    He’s also well used to chilling on Sundays with his injury record.

Looking forward to Kop belting this out

Monday
    Went to the physio on Tuesday
    Ings was there again on Wednesday
    And on Thursday and Friday and Saturday
    Met Sturridge on Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So, International break survived bar Joe Gomez, correct? And word on him?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

So, International break survived bar Joe Gomez, correct? And word on him?

All I heard was that he's a doubt for Crystal palace. Couldn't be too serious though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Did Can pick up a knock? He posted something on Instagram about ignoring the stories circulating in the media and he's back from international duty, working on coming back from injury.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement