Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

SM01 wrote: »
    Did Can pick up a knock? He posted something on Instagram about ignoring the stories circulating in the media and he's back from international duty, working on coming back from injury.

Hurt his back early on in the Watford game

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

So, International break survived bar Joe Gomez, correct? And word on him?

There are more games on tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I don't expect Can's injury to be to serious, he picked it up against Watford , Didn't play for Germany but was aloud travel which is odd f the injury was bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I don't expect Can's injury to be to serious, he picked it up against Watford , Didn't play for Germany but was allowed travel which is odd if the injury was bad

We can't prevent people travelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This is the longest international break of all time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

VVD scores the third for Holland as they go 3 up against Portugal.

Babel scored the second.

Nice to see Babel finally growing into himself!

I don't expect Can's injury to be to serious, he picked it up against Watford , Didn't play for Germany but was allowed travel which is odd if the injury was bad

We can't prevent people travelling.
    I understand that but if advised to stay at the club for treatment the players are normally professional enough to do so ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Grayditch wrote: »
    This is the longest international break of all time...

Relax, enjoy a week plugged out a little with everything in a nice position. 7 points safe in the qualifying positions with seven games to go (and a significant GD advantage); a European Cup QF to look forward to. It might be the best it gets the rest of the year.

If it gets any better on the European front I'll start to lose my ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I have been relaxing, I miss the stress.

• Advertisement

ANyone been watching City close lately ? are they playing as well as they where around Christmas time ,
    I just hope the game isn't over after the first leg its so important we stay in the game,

ANyone been watching City close lately ? are they playing as well as they where around Christmas time ,
    I just hope the game isn't over after the first leg its so important we stay in the game,

They're class. The Wigan and Basel games were aberrations for different reasons. They're form continues to be excellent. Blew Arsenal away twice in a week.

But so what? It's Liverpool in Anfield. It's all possible.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

They're class. The Wigan and Basel games were aberrations for different reasons. They're form continues to be excellent. Blew Arsenal away twice in a week.

But so what? It's Liverpool in Anfield. It's all possible.
    I really wouldn't take the Arsenal game into account they are awful but Jesus they down tools against City they where awful .
    didn't they draw with Burnley two,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We are fcuked now.:pac:

Guillem Balague has claimed that Real Madrid are not interested in signing Mohamed Salah
    Balague claims they have not even thought about the 25-year-old and would rather pursue Chelsea’ Eden Hazard.

“Salah is a difficult one because Real Madrid have no mention of him as a candidate to be a Galactico,” Balague told Sky Sports.

“You can think there is a market in Egypt and he is a star of the Premier League - he has a lot of things to go for him - but if they get Hazard they won’t need Salah.

“It seems like they wouldn’t put that much money into Salah.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/937443/Liverpool-news-Real-Madrid-drastic-Mohamed-Salah-change-Chelsea-Sky-Sports-Balague-Hazard

I really wouldn't take the Arsenal game into account they are awful but Jesus they down tools against City they where awful .

Well, you can choose not to take two 3 - 0 drubbings of Arsenal in four days into account. You can ignore their controlled 1 - 0 victory over Chelsea. Their 4 - 0 dismantling of Basel in the 1st leg in Switzerland. Their stroll away against Stoke 2 - 0. Or their demolition of Leicester 5 - 1 at home. Ignore it all and focus on the draw away at Burnley, the FA Cup exit to Wigan and the second leg defeat to Basel when they clearly weren't interested.

Whatever makes you happy. I'm okay with the idea that Man City are the best team in England by a mile right now and favourites for the European Cup. I can accept that and still feel we have a chance if we perform like we're capable of on our best day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Pretending City aren't still playing well isn't helpful. Just believe that we're good enough on our day. And we are.

That's a cracking thing to be able to say.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Well, you can choose not to take two 3 - 0 drubbings of Arsenal in four days into account. You can ignore their controlled 1 - 0 victory over Chelsea. Their 4 - 0 dismantling of Basel in the 1st leg in Switzerland. Their stroll away against Stoke 2 - 0. Or their demolition of Leicester 5 - 1 at home. Ignore it all and focus on the draw away at Burnley, the FA Cup exit to Wigan and the second leg defeat to Basel when they clearly weren't interested.

Whatever makes you happy. I'm okay with the idea that Man City are the best team in England by a mile right now and favourites for the European Cup. I can accept that and still feel we have a chance if we perform like we're capable of on our best day.
    Id agree there the best team in England but the only games iv seen recently are the two Arsenal ones (who are crap)  that's why I asked,

Arsenal are struggling, but they've still nominally got a lot of talent. City put them to the ****ing sword like.

Make no mistake, if we're not on it or if we have individually poor performances we'll pay a heavy price. But on our day we're nice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Start of the season, City were scoring for fun. They have changed focus now to tightening up elsewhere on the pitch which has kinda stopped the supply a bit at the top half.

But they could easily revert, or even more worryingly, their changes made may have clicked and they will be tighter at the back and have the free flowing attacking football.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Let's all remember that Chelsea beat Arsenal in the Champions League the year which is now famous for 'The Invincibles'

Regardless of how good City have been, over two legs they are beatable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

850548c0fe47d2a714364dee889b66d4.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Let's all remember that Chelsea beat Arsenal in the Champions League the year which is now famous for 'The Invincibles'

Exactly. Also lets not forget we were not 'lucky' to beat them in January. In fact until Mane went off we looked the stronger side earlier in the season too.

Add VVD to the mix and we have a good chance

Mr.H wrote: »
    Chesty08 wrote: »

Exactly. Also lets not forget we were not 'lucky' to beat them in January. In fact until Mane went off we looked the stronger side earlier in the season too.

We where 1-0 down when he went off, it looked like a even game at best,
    But I do think we can do them  but we will need to be good anfd have some luck ,
    I just hope our eyes are on palace till Saturday afternoon , Don't want any slip ups with us still having to play Chelsea away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Mr.H wrote: »

Of course when you add VVD to the mix then City's chances of winning drastic go down

SvyHR8.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

We where 1-0 down when he went off, it looked like a even game at best,
    But I do think we can do them  but we will need to be good anfd have some luck ,
    I just hope our eyes are on palace till Saturday afternoon , Don't want any slip ups with us still having to play Chelsea away

We had two or three really good chances early on. City got a break and went 1 up. It wasnt as even as you may think. It was our typical rubbish defence that cost us that goal.

We need a nice win at the weekend to keep confidence up going into the City game.

Its going to be a really tough game but I am confident we are going to beat them over two legs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'm massively confident we will progress. I say that as a compliment to this Liverpool team because this City side are sensational. Not only do they attack teams they excel at controlling games.

If one team in England can beat City though its Liverpool, I knew we would do it that day at Anfield. Klopp is Peps kryptonite, his football is just not suited to relentless pressing, Klopp will outwork Citys midfield and expose their defence.

It's going to be a show of two attacking styles and it can go either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Not thinking of the city game yet that can wait until saturday afternoon.

A bit weary of palace away on saturday morning as i fear it could be a bit of a banana skin of a game. Be great to smash them but Palace away is always a tough game.

also will be in new york for it does anyone know if any bars will be open that morning to watch the game ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Palace away is gonna be nuts tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Vicxas wrote: »
    Palace away is gonna be nuts tough.

Agreed, the Hodge benteke & sakho will be all out to do us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

plus they gifted both Spurs and Utd 2 points at the end of their games. I've known for a while we won't get a result there. God I dislike Roy, he's probably a very nice chap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Salah and firmino both on the bench tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

What's the extent of Gomez's injury?

Salah was an unused sub thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

ricero wrote: »
    Not thinking of the city game yet that can wait until saturday afternoon.

A bit weary of palace away on saturday morning as i fear it could be a bit of a banana skin of a game. Be great to smash them but Palace away is always a tough game.

also will be in new york for it does anyone know if any bars will be open that morning to watch the game ?

Definitely an Irish bar on 7th Avenue around 53rd or 54th but can’t remember what it’s called

Had all the games live including the 3pms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Aspas turning into some unlikely goal&assist machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Aspas turning into some unlikely goal&assist machine.

In fairness to him he was very successful before he joined us, so the poor spell with Liverpool has been the exception in his career rather than the norm (not that he was even very poor, he just couldn't get his game with the quality ahead of him in the squad).
    Great stuff today though, a goal and two assists within 30 minutes of coming on.

He was unlucky to land at Liverpool for the Luis season.

He never got a fair shot either though once Luis left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

He was unlucky to land at Liverpool for the Luis season.

He never got a fair shot either though once Luis left.

Yeah, seemed a bit daft to loan him straight out when Luis left, not even giving him a chance. We were so light up front that next season. Could've really done with him.

I remember Gerrard's comments at the time saying how slight he was, and I can still never understand why that's even remotely considered a reason to get rid of someone, since a few months on a specialized weights program could totally transform him.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Definitely an Irish bar on 7th Avenue around 53rd or 54th but can’t remember what it’s called

Had all the games live including the 3pms

Carraghers will definitely be open for it.

• Advertisement

Firmino unused too.

Looking good for Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Am guessing salah new contract announced tomorrow

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/978738522415910914

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/978738522415910914

It will be just some Salah youtube video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Even though I knew what was coming, it still frightened the ****e out of me .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

5starpool wrote: »
    Carraghers will definitely be open for it.

You're guaranteed that a Carragher's will be within spitting distance of wherever you're staying.

Not a new contract.

• Advertisement

Jesus apparently has rejected a new deal at City, think we should be all over that.

Player with a serious amount of potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Jesus apparently has rejected a new deal at City, think we should be all over that.

If he leaves City it will be for a team on the continent so there is absolutely no chance he leaves them for us.

They are offering him £90k a week he wants over £100k it will be sorted and he will stay at City if it's only down to money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

It's fucking Easter. I imagine Jesuses all over the world feel a little unsure of themselves at this time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement