Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

:(

Jaysus..... I don't want to see Moreno "marauding" on the left in a CL game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Augeo wrote:
    Jaysus..... I don't want to see Moreno "morenoing" on the left in a CL game

Fixed that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭beya2009

They are offering him £90k a week he wants over £100k it will be sorted and he will stay at City if it's only down to money.

Yeah you would think City will do everything to keep him considering how young he is. He's already a top player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I don't get it? Is it because there are general sale tickets available?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

TitianGerm wrote: »

Ya, it's not particularly funny. I don't think the person who said it was their new favourite meme knows what a meme is.

5starpool wrote: »
    Ya, it's not particularly funny. I don't think the person who said it was their new favourite meme knows what a meme is.

I don't think he knows what "funny" is either unfortunately.

TitianGerm wrote: »

Liverpool tickets sold out fast, Man City can't sell their tickets is what they are getting at

Liverpool tickets sold out fast, Man City can't sell their tickets is what they are getting at

Oh yea.... Hahahaha :pac:

It's not funny. They might have a small few available and I doubt there will be any unsold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Very quiet here today :

cc449984-883a-411a-a506-76e59a548ae1.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Looking at the Guardian's team of the season just now - Robertson, Salah both in. Firmino ahead of Kane. The love for Bobby is spreading. That said, the article was written by a Liverpool fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Feels like a crazy long international break. Going from feast to famine with the 6 nations and Salah's demolition of Watford to friendlies nobody cares too much about coupled with the anticipation of the CL quartet finals...... It's seriously dragging out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Are we even playing on Saturday ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Ste- wrote: »
    Are we even playing on Saturday ?

Yep

Away to Palace. 12.30 kick off

and back to White footballs if it is not snowing :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Always dread playing Palace. They have a nasty habit of screwing us up. They already let in injury time winners for Spurs and United so if they take points off us Saturday it would be just typical.

Was only a young fella watching them beat us in the Cup semis with all the set pieces and I think Alan Pardew got the winner that day and I recall shedding a few tears.
    And then the same git went on to get a fair few points off us as a manager too and now its good auld Roy in charge, and then theres the ill fated game against them when Rodgers had us going for the league, although it was fairly much over after chelsea game but still.... Nasty memories.

I really strongly dislike playing them.

Hope we're at it tomorrow because it would be very easy to let focus slip a bit with the City game on the horizon but we really need to win this one with Chelsea still on our heals and if it plays a small part in sending Palace down then personally I'd consider that a bloody bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That first goal by palace there...

And there was people hinting that our bad defence was a myth or exaggeration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Win against Palace V win against City. Which is more important. Will we be resting players for City game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

No more Natalie Sawyer on sky,bye bye well filled yellow dress..no word as to why yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

No more Natalie Sawyer on sky,bye bye well filled yellow dress..no word as to why yet

:confused: who cares this is a Liverpool thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

She wasn't really my cup of tea tbh, so not bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Can out for the weekend but could make City game,

Gomez out for a couple of weeks.

Clyne in contention for Palace

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-issues-injury-update-emre-14475309

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Gomez out is a killer , Sane will destroy Trent,
    Fingers crossed no injuries on Saturday ,I think we will draw 1-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Im not so sure about that. Gomez has made quite a few mistakes (more than Trent?). He has been caught out in big games too (Spurs).

Trent had a bad game against Utd but he has been quite good in general. Unless Clyne plays the whole Palace game It think City 1st leg is too soon for him.

gafferino wrote: »

Im not so sure about that. Gomez has made quite a few mistakes (more than Trent?). He has been caught out in big games too (Spurs).

Trent had a bad game against Utd but he has been quite good in general. Unless Clyne plays the whole Palace game It think City 1st leg is too soon for him.
    AH ye its way to soon for Clyne, so it'll be Trent, I just think Trent had a run of easy games that we dominated and he looked great, I think at this stage Gomez is a far better defender,
    Anyone think maybe Karius has the game of his life against his former team,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

AH ye its way to soon for Clyne, so it'll be Trent, I just think Trent had a run of easy games that we dominated and he looked great, I think at this stage Gomez is a far better defender,

Gomez has made a number of errors this year (Arsenal, Burnley and City all spring to mind)

Both are learning their trade and both are making mistakes and unfortunately both have the potential to be destroyed by Sane (as does any fullback)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

MD1990 wrote: »
    :confused: who cares this is a Liverpool thread.

Thought it may have gotten overlooked with all the posting in the last few days here, in other news..

Well .. nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool will play both City and Man U on a 3 game pre-season tour of the States this summer.

We play City in New Jersey on the 25th of July and Man U in Michigan on the 28th of July.

The first game will be in Tennessee on the 22nd against Roma they think but that is still be discussed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Liverpool will play both City and Man U on a 3 game pre-season tour of the States this summer.

We play City in New Jersey on the 25th of July and Man U in Michigan on the 28th of July.

The first game will be in Tennessee on the 22nd against Roma they think but that is still be discussed.

Roma gonna try and kidnap Salah back?

Vicxas wrote: »
    Roma gonna try and kidnap Salah back?

Or a thank you for selling us Alisson and give them all the ticket money as well.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Paddy Jackson, that you?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Klopp said at the presser that the club are still in talks with Can over a new contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Augeo wrote: »

He played for Man City youths for 2 years.

I think many have forgotten, There's an interview where he says Joe Hart is his mentor  haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

And the poster really wanted you to know that because he did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

• Advertisement

Trent will be fine for the home leg imo. More mobile, and a better RB overall than Gomez. They both make mistakes, just different kind of mistakes.
    Gomez more suited to games where we're defending more, Trent for games where we're attacking more.
    Trent home, Gomez away for me. (depending on the first leg result)

monkey9 wrote: »

Dunno what you're on about, I can assure you that you're incorrect though.

"The poster" lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Gomez is a lot more mobile than people give him credit for I think, very fast along the ground, and very quick to react. I'd say there's not much between himself and Trent in that regard to be honest. Trent definitely better in their half, but Gomez definitely better in ours.

I've seen Gomez error against City being mentioned a few times... I went through it at the time, but I really can't blame him all that much for it. The biggest complaint was his position, allowing the ball to sail over his head, but looking at the actual positions at the time, he was in a decent position for covering multiple options. It's no surprise that Sane was right out by the touchline, because he was providing space for KDB to go through the middle. Gomez obviously saw KDB and adjudged the simple through ball to him to be the bigger threat, as Sane would still have to beat him 1-v-1 if they played it long anyway. So he made sure to cover the ball to KDB, and when they went long, he was there to cover Sane. Now, Sane beat him all ends up with his first touch. But that happens. Sane is top drawer. Gomez still managed to get back into a covering position a second time, and showed Sane only the near post that Karius should have had covered, but of course Sane squeezed it past him.

Gomez still made an error - but it was in being beaten by Sane's brilliant touch than being necessarily out of position (as was the main complaint). If anything it's Matips fault that Gomez had to cover the through ball, as he was was out of position over by Lovren, double-covering a run from midfield.

A mistake, but not the level of fuck up it was reported as at the time.

Big big loss for this game imo.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=446955&stc=1&d=1522436271
    The image shows up huge, so i won't embed, but kind of shows what i'm talking about. Matip being where he is makes Gomez have to cover the whole right side of the park. If he was in position to win the ball in the air, the whole centre of defence would have been exposed.
    <edit> Updated image to one just before the ball is played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Gomez is a lot more mobile than people give him credit for I think, very fast along the ground, and very quick to react. I'd say there's not much between himself and Trent in that regard to be honest. Trent definitely better in their half, but Gomez definitely better in ours.

I've seen Gomez error against City being mentioned a few times... I went through it at the time, but I really can't blame him all that much for it. The biggest complaint was his position, allowing the ball to sail over his head, but looking at the actual positions at the time, he was in a decent position for covering multiple options. It's no surprise that Sane was right out by the touchline, because he was providing space for KDB to go through the middle. Gomez obviously saw KDB and adjudged the simple through ball to him to be the bigger threat, as Sane would still have to beat him 1-v-1 if they played it long anyway. So he made sure to cover the ball to KDB, and when they went long, he was there to cover Sane. Now, Sane beat him all ends up with his first touch. But that happens. Sane is top drawer. Gomez still managed to get back into a covering position a second time, and showed Sane only the near post that Karius should have had covered, but of course Sane squeezed it past him.

Gomez still made an error - but it was in being beaten by Sane's brilliant touch than being necessarily out of position (as was the main complaint). If anything it's Matips fault that Gomez had to cover the through ball, as he was was out of position over by Lovren, double-covering a run from midfield.

A mistake, but not the level of fuck up it was reported as at the time.

Big big loss for this game imo.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=446955&stc=1&d=1522436271
    The image shows up huge, so i won't embed, but kind of shows what i'm talking about. Matip being where he is makes Gomez have to cover the whole right side of the park. If he was in position to win the ball in the air, the whole centre of defence would have been exposed.
    <edit> Updated image to one just before the ball is played.

Not really sure there's anything wrong with Gomez's position there.

He just lost the flight of the diagonal.

noodler wrote: »
    Not really sure there's anything wrong with Gomez's position there.

He just lost the flight of the diagonal.

Which he has done many times this season leading to the opposition scoring a number of goals.

Which he has done many times this season leading to the opposition scoring a number of goals.

yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Wasn't the wind mental during that game as well though?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Klopp said at the presser that the club are still in talks with Can over a new contract.

A large part of me thinks that the reason there is no decision announced on where he is going is because he will end up going to another PL club, which can't be officially signed in advance (despite the fact that Bayern seem to manage to announce agreements in advance every year in Germany).

Not Roma the game will be against BVB is being reported.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    A large part of me thinks that the reason there is no decision announced on where he is going is because he will end up going to another PL club, which can't be officially signed in advance (despite the fact that Bayern seem to manage to announce agreements in advance every year in Germany).

I’ve had a feeling for a while now he will end up at City.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement