Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Fantastic win.
    Salah. What a player.
    Loved seeing Sakho diving in vain like superman trying to stop the winner :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

"Sadio Mane scored the equaliser today, but should he have been on the pitch to score it?"

Well the hand ball thing happened well after the goal so yeah, probably.

I just said that. What was she on about :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Mohamed Salah is currently ranked at 1st for goals in a single season in the Premier League era, 4th for goals in a single season in the Post-War era and 5th for goals in a single season in Liverpool's entire history.

He's quite good :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

TAA is so classy on the ball, great cross on him and a real threat going forward. Going to be such a good player in a couple of years
    He'll develop more physically & tactically .

I would start him against City but he will as you say be a very good player.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Ox needs to be told to find different boots. I think I can count on one hand the times he didn't slip & still have fingers left over :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Salah just needs 3 goals in 6 games to break the record. 6 in 6 to beat the 42 game record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

By the sounds of Klopp, Lallana seems done for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Just listening to this ex ref Dermot Gallagher fella, it's no wonder the reffing is in such a state if he is held as an expert. Absolutely clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Go on Souey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Ardent

Dermot Gallagher is either senile or biased. Souness roasting him over his view on the penalty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Dermot Gallagher fighting with Graham Souness after the match 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

NBC just showed the Rashford goal against us...exact same mistake from Alexander Arnold.

No English refs will be at the world cup.....I'm no expert at officiating or know how they choose the refs but I'm choosing to believe there is a good reason for it.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

NukaCola wrote: »
    Mohamed Salah is currently ranked at 1st for goals in a single season in the Premier League era, 4th for goals in a single season in the Post-War era and 5th for goals in a single season in Liverpool's entire history.

And we still have to play Everton ;)

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Just listening to this ex ref Dermot Gallagher fella, it's no wonder the reffing is in such a state if he is held as an expert. Absolutely clueless.

What was said?

Ardent wrote: »
    Dermot Gallagher is either senile or biased. Souness roasting him over his view on the penalty.

He actually looks and sounds like he's not the full shilling tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I love that Klopp is putting the recruitment of Salah down to the transfer committee and not taking the credit himself.

I also see today that Melissa Reddy with her first story for Joe SportsNeil Jones who left the Echo to replace Melissa at Goal is saying O'Driscoll Rodgers number two called Firmino a "Pointless" player and couldn't understand where he could play or why the club bought him.

Then you wonder why Rodgers started Benteke over Fun Bobby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Looks to me like he's unwell..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Ardent

Alonso77 wrote: »
    He actually looks and sounds like he's not the full shilling tbh

Looks like a deer caught in headlights

• Advertisement

Yawns wrote: »
    Ox needs to be told to find different boots. I think I can count on one hand the times he didn't slip & still have fingers left over :)

It wasn't just him everyone seemed to be losing their footing.

I love that Klopp is putting the recruitment of Salah down to the transfer committee and not taking the credit himself.

I also see today that Melissa Reddy with her first story for Joe Sports is saying O'Driscoll Rodgers number two called Firmino a "Pointless" player and couldn't understand where he could play or why the club bought him.

Then you wonder why Rodgers started Benteke over Fun Bobby.

Rodgers lost his way and turned his back on what made him successful with us.

If the O'Driscoll rumour is true it is funny and ridiculous.....but even top managers cant get the best out of quality players, look at the talent José passed over as an example.

Doing well when the crystal ball predicted he wouldn’t get near the top of the goal scoring charts again a few months back.

Rodgers lost his way and turned his back on what made him successful with us. Luis. :P

If the O'Driscoll rumour is true it is funny and ridiculous.....but even top managers cant get the best out of quality players, look at the talent José passed over as an example.

:)

Looks like a deer caught in headlights

He seems quite incoherent and rambling few times I've seen his "analysis". Not much of it made a lick of sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Can we all agree now that Trebt cant defend at all , He worse than Moreno

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

Hate 12:30 kick offs, hate the game after international break, hate Selhurst park, hate playing palace, hate Hogson, hate playing against Benteke, Love winning despite all that.

Lads I downloaded NaviXSport from the Play store today.

Very handy if your out of the house and and can't see the game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navixsport.app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Left it very late to wake up. I'm glad that one is out of the way and with 3pts too is a blessing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

No English refs will be at the world cup.....I'm no expert at officiating or know how they choose the refs but I'm choosing to believe there is a good reason for it.....

Clattenburg was the last English ref on the FIFA list none of the rest are

Can we all agree now that Trebt cant defend at all , He worse than Moreno

Trent?......has his flaws but is a young lad, does a decent job but is starting to get found out.....

Moreno was taking his dog for a walk on a hoverboard at 24....still crazy and always will be IMO...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

poolboy wrote: »
    Hate 12:30 kick offs, hate the game after international break, hate Selhurst park, hate playing palace, hate Hogson, hate playing against Benteke, Love winning despite all that.

Hopefully they will be down

A brilliant 3 pts, coming from behind away from home. Great stuff.

Lallana being potentially done for the season us bad news. Would have been a good option v City in the CL IMO.

I like Lallana but his injury record is starting to read very serious....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

If Salah keeps this up, other clubs will start to notice him.

mosstin wrote: »

Sure he wouldn't get into any of those teams....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

mosstin wrote: »

Sam Allardyce will have noticed him anyway. My money is on them kicking lumps out of him next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Very good result, given the circumstances. A quite low key performance, but job done is all.
    All the hullabaloo about the mane handball, simply if the ref calls the free when he's fouled, it doesn't arise. Ref was poor enough I thought, gave a lot of 50:50 calls to Palace, and painted himself into a corner on that one. It's a game we don't win a year ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Very good result, given the circumstances. A quite low key performance, but job done is all.
    All the hullabaloo about the mane handball, simply if the ref calls the free when he's fouled, it doesn't arise. Ref was poor enough I thought, gave a lot of 50:50 calls to Palace, and painted himself into a corner on that one. It's a game we don't win a year ago.

Sure he wouldn't get into any of those teams....

He's a mile away from it :pac:

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    He's a mile away from it :pac:

A country mile?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Trent has the potential to be a Liverpool great if he continues his ascendency. It's a remarkable achievement to be a first team player at his age. BUT as a right back he's still raw and it is the first area of the pitch I'd poke and probe if I'm an opposition manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Turtyturd wrote: »
    A country mile?

If that's bigger than a conventional mile, absolutely!

Sturridge has as many Premier League goals this season as Benteke, Benteke fit and playing, Sturridge has not been playing.

And neither have any relevance to Liverpool.

Lallana only 29. If he's fit and ready for next season he will be a great asset. Need to sign a player of his sort to start games though.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    And neither have any relevance to Liverpool.

Only reference is to who ever managed to get 32m for him. A job well done by Liverpool.
    He has played so many games and has a 2 goal return, SHOCKING.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sturridge, Lallana & Henderson leave in the summer along with Lovren, Moreno & Mignolet.

There is a midfield scoring machine in Italy at the moment and he scored another one today and can play DM maybe we should try for him..

Lucas The Main Man Leiva.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Blessed to take 3 pts today, take them and run.

Pretty awful display, same old frailties at the back and a lack of dynamism in Midfield, even Firmino had an off day by his standards, seemed to be taking potshots from outside the box every time, he's normally less selfish.

Robertson was the shining light though, he has been immense lately, great player and what a bargain.

On to City.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement