Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Wasn't the best game but I was okay with the long shot efforts for the most part,it's no secret that Hennessy is the worst keeper in the league, might as well test him as much as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sturridge, Lallana & Henderson leave in the summer along with Lovren, Moreno & Mignolet.

It was said last summer for all those except for Henderson. I think he is here for another season at least. Can making so much noise again, he will be gone, and then we have to keep Henderson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Southampton really have fallen apart since we nicked all their players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

NukaCola wrote: »
    Trent?......has his flaws but is a young lad, does a decent job but is starting to get found out.....

Moreno was taking his dog for a walk on a hoverboard at 24....still crazy and always will be IMO...

Not only his dog, but his fckin baby too! The lad really isn't the brightest to be fair.

sport-preview-moreno-hoverboard.jpg?strip=all&w=620&h=413&crop=1

I'm very happy with Robertson, he's done very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sturridge, Lallana & Henderson leave in the summer along with Lovren, Moreno & Mignolet.

Henderson no chance unless Liverpool signed two or three midfielders this summer
    Lallana probably not given his injury problems. Will expect to come back with fresh slate this summer and start anew.
    Lovern no
    Moreno probably no either unless they sign backup on the left

Mignolet will go, sturridge maybe too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Not only his dog, but his fckin baby too! The lad really isn't the brightest to be fair.

sport-preview-moreno-hoverboard.jpg?strip=all&w=620&h=413&crop=1

I'm very happy with Robertson, he's done very well.

Would not be surprised if there was no baby in there, that it was all part of the outfit.

Henderson can't leave. We need a strong squad with team players. He can be great squad player who will get his games in league and cups. We need a first team upgrade though, someone better to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Southampton really have fallen apart since we nicked all their players.

Their new Chinese owners won't be happy, to be fair clubs who's owners are trying to sell generally don't do well as there's alot more going on behind the scene and the focus isn't on winning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Henderson can't leave. We need a strong squad with team players. He can be great squad player who will get his games in league and cups. We need a first team upgrade though, someone better to start.

True this, we need another MF along with Keita. Club captain going nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Lallana will be gutted. Probably gone for league run in, 2 huge champs league ties and maybe world cup.

Bit worrying the way his injuries keep happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Zero chance of Henderson being sold with Can's future still up in the air, Lallana increasingly injury prone and Wijnaldum's consistent unconvincing displays away from home.

Even with Keita and maybe another midfielder arriving we still need a good squad with some depth.

Plus Klopp obviously likes him. Club captain who pretty much always plays when he's fit. Not like he's a fringe squad member.

So I think people can forget about that one for the time being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Everton saving themselves to kick all around them next weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Update. I'm still delighted with the result today and I'm half blazing. Oh and city look decent even though Everton are ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Everton not even giving City an intense training session. Bet they look more interested next Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Liverpool captain is a Bang average premier league midfielder who needs to be upgraded on during the summer but he is a world class pointer.

power%20point.gif

Not Hendersons biggest fan either but Wijnaldum does a vanishing act more often than Hendo and doesn't seem to get as much criticism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Tough scrappy game but a great win. If Chelsea don't win we should be making 5/6 changes at least from the City to Everton game. Plus Everton are rubbish.

Karius - not sure he needs to come for the ball, tough ball for Zaha to control, on the angle and defenders chasing back.
    TAA - he's a worry when targeted but defenders usually don't come good until a little later, it's an experience required position to be good at it.
    VVD - his calmness got him in trouble, thankfully Townsend and Benteke **** the bed
    Midfield - poor
    Lallana - he's a bonus player at this stage. If he stays he shouldn't be thought of as being in our main 18ish players, if he is great but if he's not we can't be missing him. Would have been good to rotate in next weekend.
    The rest - decent to good with enough great flashes sprinkled in to get the goals.

If Spurs beat Chelsea tomorrow then it's job done, another Champions League campaign next season. We only have 6 games left, no way they catch us if beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

We should but for Zaha this summer. Would be a great backup to the front 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

The Liverpool captain is a Bang average premier league midfielder who needs to be upgraded on during the summer but he is a world class pointer.

In the nicest possible way will you please stfu about pointing, it's extremely juvenile.

I look forward to your relentless flogging of it to death in the coming months with your buddies in tow, fun times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

In the nicest possible way will you please stfu about pointing, it's extremely juvenile.

I look forward to your relentless flogging of it to death in the coming months with your buddies in tow, fun times.

cf3aa5ec34dc7c35f8f1ad9c0b55e801.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Not Hendersons biggest fan either but Wijnaldum does a vanishing act more often than Hendo and doesn't seem to get as much criticism.

Fully agree. His decent goal tally bailed him out somewhat last year too when he had too many subdued performances overall. I do like Gini but he is limited as a creative force in midfield. The likes of Milner and Ox have more about them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Wijnaldum can be a useful squad option. Tends to play well against the big 6.

But he won't be a consistent starter with Keita coming in.

Right now Ox is our best midfielder followed by Can after that there isn't much between Milner, Wijnaldum & Henderson.

Milner has a footballing brain to make up for his age.

Wijnaldum is a very good squad player to have in your squad.

Henderson doesn't add anything these days his energy is lacking as injuries have taken there toll on him he does point like a champion though.

Our midfield is very poor compared to top teams.

Next season with a bit of luck or starting midfield three will Jorginho, Keita and Can if he signs on or Ox then a squad player.

I don't think any of our midfielders are really top class tbh. They are all ok players. However, the 3 that Klopp picks most week's usually does the trick so it's not all that bad.

Can they be improved? Absolutely. It hopefully will be next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Summer spend should be a new goalie, 2 quality (assuming can is leaving), another top drawer attacker player and a cb

Karius, new keeper
    Clyde,Taa , Gomes, Milner can play right back
    Robertson, Gomes,Milner can play left back
    Vbs,Matip ,Gomez,new signing can play cb
    Keith,new signing, Hendy, Milner,winji,ox can play middle three
    Salah,mane,Firmino,new signing,Brewster,solanke can play front three

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Not sure Solanke is the answer even as a squad player.

Yeah, someone might say he is aged x and have patience etc, just not sure I'd be taking his place in the squad as a given when we are doing this fantasy signing game!

• Advertisement

Last 6 league games are easy easy easy wins on paper. That's would give a total of 84 pts, enough to win league many many times since Premier League begun.
    I see Chelsea throwing their teddy as usually and downing tools on their manager as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Wednesday lads. Can’t wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    I don't think any of our midfielders are really top class tbh. They are all ok players. However, the 3 that Klopp picks most week's usually does the trick so it's not all that bad.

Can they be improved? Absolutely. It hopefully will be next season.

Most of them would be great as 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th choice midfielders which whoever is left next season likely will as Keita will be 1st with hopefully a 2nd midfielder coming in too. Can, Ox, Milner, Henderson, Gini is how I'd rate them. Not a lot between Ox, Milner and Henderson though.

Am I being crazy or is Klopp going to try play Mane as a third midfielder/10? He's noticeably floating into more central positions, dropping back to pick up balls and trying to make the forward passes to get us going, always asking for the ball. Next season against some teams would not be shocked to see.

Keita - New
    Mane
    Salah - Firmino - New

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Last 6 league games are easy easy easy wins on paper. That's would give a total of 90 pts, enough to win league many many times since Premier League begun.
    I see Chelsea throwing their teddy as usually and downing tools on their manager as usual.

Highest pts we can finish on is 84

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Great win today

Last 6 league games are easy easy easy wins on paper. That's would give a total of 90 pts

:D

Yer a gas man Toby. Everton away and Chelsea away for starters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

:D

Yer a gas man Toby. Everton away and Chelsea away for starters

I also like this 4 pts for a win idea

Spurs and Chelsea to draw tomorrow would be a great result.

Yep.

If Spurs won I wouldn't be too upset either. It'd leave Chelsea needing a mountain to climb for top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Right now Ox is our best midfielder followed by Can after that there isn't much between Milner, Wijnaldum & Henderson.

Milner has a footballing brain to make up for his age.

Wijnaldum is a very good squad player to have in your squad.

Henderson doesn't add anything these days his energy is lacking as injuries have taken there toll on him he does point like a champion though.

Our midfield is very poor compared to top teams.

Next season with a bit of luck or starting midfield three will Jorginho, Keita and Can if he signs on or Ox then a squad player.

Henderson has had a better season than Ox. When the team isn't playing well for some reason its all Henderson's fault because he is captain that makes no sense. I don't see what Ox has done in his Liverpool career to date to call him our best midfielder .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

My hate for Spurs is getting tricky to balance at this point. Still if they won tomorrow and did the honourable thing in losing to City, I'd be happy with that.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Highest pts we can finish on is 84

No it's 90. We get six points if we beat City in the CL.... It's TobyLogic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Anyone else use the Ace stream from reddit?

Whats the quality like?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    No it's 90. We get six points if we beat City in the CL

If we get 4th on away goals it will do me!

When the Top Four/Six play each other... I always hope for a draw.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Anyone else use the Ace stream from reddit?

Whats the quality like?

I used my phone to watch the game earlier.

Check the PlayStore for NaviXSport. Think it's available on iPhone as well.

Henderson has had a better season than Ox. When the team isn't playing well for some reason its all Henderson's fault because he is captain that makes no sense. I don't see what Ox has done in his Liverpool career to date to call him our best midfielder .

Ox hasn't started many games either iirc.
    If he was our best midfielder you'd think he'd feature in the starting 11 more often.

Wij & ox escape criticism frequently but hendo & can get more than their fair share for whatever reason.

Salah received 1 million votes in The Egyptian presidential election despite not running it :)

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I used my phone to watch the game earlier.

Check the PlayStore for NaviXSport. Think it's available on iPhone as well.

I must try that with chrome cast....

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I must try that with chrome cast....

I don't have a Chrome Cast so not sure if that'll work but the app is handy if your stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

TAA is quite rightly coming in for critism and I'll be worried if he's starting on Wednesday night.

All the usual caveats apply regarding his age and experience but I'll say one thing, the lad never hides, he knows he's ****ed up but he keeps on getting the head down and giving his all. It's a difficult position for a young lad but he's handling himself admirably. He's clearly talented and hopefully that attitude will see him with us for years to come.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement