Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Can we all agree now that Trebt cant defend at all , He worse than Moreno
    It's not like TAA is a first choice player for the position. He's a 19 year old creative midfielder filling in at right back. If Clyne was fit to play, TAA wouldn't be near the starting lineup. Maybe you should temper your level of expectation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Henderson is the first midfielder on the teamsheet for me. Others get away with some amount ****e compared to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Anyone else use the Ace stream from reddit?

Whats the quality like?

It's consistently the best quality I've seen. I don't use anything else nowadays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Henderson is the first midfielder on the teamsheet for me. Others get away with some amount ****e compared to him

He's consistently average, rest are average, but inconsistently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

x43r0 wrote: »
    It's consistently the best quality I've seen. I don't use anything else nowadays

This +1

Another thing is that you don’t have to go on dodgy websites with 10 pop up ads looking for a reliable stream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Is Gomez injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I’d have Can ahead of him. Henderson has always been good at hounding people and pressuring them into losing possession, his passing, tackling and shooting aren’t up to much.

I dunno what’s up with Wijnaldum lately, it’s infuriating the amount of times he’ll take to ball forward realize there is an opposition player there and turn back, he lacks any creativity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Henderson was the most highly rated passer just a couple of seasons ago.

I think he's fantastic tbh, I wasn't a fan of him when he first joined but he has since grown into a phenomenal player.

I hope he stays for the next few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Max Meyer who we have been linked with in the past will be leaving Schalke in the summer on a free.

I wonder will we go in for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Is Gomez injured?

Yeah. Picked up an ankle injury in England's first friendly after 10 mins.
    Already ruled out for midweek too.

Huge comeback win against the bogey team!!

A wake-up call for Wednesday hopefully and I can barely wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Is Gomez injured?

Yup, probably miss the next 3 or 4 games.

ElTel wrote: »
    Yeah. Picked up an ankle injury in England's first friendly after 10 mins.
    Already ruled out for midweek too.

Huge comeback win against the bogey team!!

A wake-up call for Wednesday hopefully and I can barely wait.

I agree about the wake-up call. Nice to have been involved in a fighting win prior to the City match.

I’m also surprised about the flak TAA is getting. He’s a midfielder guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I’d have Can ahead of him. Henderson has always been good at hounding people and pressuring them into losing possession, his passing, tackling and shooting aren’t up to much.

I dunno what’s up with Wijnaldum lately, it’s infuriating the amount of times he’ll take to ball forward realize there is an opposition player there and turn back, he lacks any creativity.

The truth for me is that we can live without Can. He's simply not all that.

As fòr Wijnaldum I never rated him all that highly. The midfield should be a priority in the Summer as it will need more than Keita. It's weak as things stand if we want to be among the elite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

The truth for me is that we can live without Can. He's simply not all that.

As fòr Wijnaldum I never rated him all that highly. The midfield should be a priority in the Summer as it will need more than Keita. It's weak as things stand if we want to be among the elite.

Whilst I agree that it is, on the face of it, weak, we ARE among the elite - last 8 of the CL in our first year back and a decent chance of getting through. We are amongst the elite, we just need to consistently stay there which is where an upgrade to our midfield would help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Strong rumours that klopp is going back to Germany at the end of the season, who will be the next Liverpool manager?

• Advertisement

Strong rumours that klopp is going back to Germany at the end of the season, who will be the next Liverpool manager?

Where you reading that?

Stick a link up at least

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Where you reading that?

Stick a link up at least

What day is today.

What day is today.

Lol.

He got me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Lol.

He got me!

I tried to think of something positive to put up but no, had to go with the negative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Mane is fouled in the box probably dives subsequently and gets booked, no penalty wrong decision but BBC says it's right. More fake news BBC (fnBBC)
    Ref owns up by not sending him off later, yeah too late ref.
    Paul Merson reckons Salah is player of the season "by a mile" I'm agreeing with Merson? World's gone mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Where you reading that?

Stick a link up at least

Next Liverpool manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

God, I love coming from behind.
    Despite a poor performance, it still ended in satisfaction.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    God, I love coming from behind.
    Despite a poor performance, it still ended in satisfaction.

klYV1Ph.gif
    LateSpecificHalibut-max-1mb.gif

NukaCola wrote: »

God damn it! I fall for it now, after years of being vigilant.

A classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

MOTD said that Lallana could be out of the World Cup. He's had no luck since he got injured & it's a blow to our squad which looks lean without him. It didn't look like we played all that well so hopefully the players will raise their game for City who played a dire Everton who will be no doubt up for the game next weekend as it's all they have had to look forward to the last 6 months of the season.

Jaysus lads those jokes upset posters not pointing at anyone myself but they have asked nicely not to do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

I’m also surprised about the flak TAA is getting. He’s a midfielder guys.

Central or wing? Is that where he played underage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I also think Can is our best midfielder. Yes he will switch off on occasion and that's annoying but he brings more than any of our other midfielders. Better defensively, passing, likes the odd rampaging run forward and scores goals(maybe not enough but he chips in).

I like Henderson but injuries seem to have taken their toll and he's just too 'safe' all the time, rarely takes a risk. Chamberlain is still a bit hit and miss but I'm glad we have him. Lallana keeps calling in dead. Wijnaldum? Don't know what's going on there. Milner is solid and has the odd great game.

They could all be improved on but as it stands I think Can is our best and I'll be disappointed if he leaves. I'm still not convinced he will.

• Advertisement

Is it wrong that kind of hope Lovren has a mare in the next 20 minutes.

I don’t want him Billy Big Balls-ing it to the press and Social Media over the next few days/week and a bit.

It begins...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/dejan-lovren-sometimes-i-think-i-am-not-good-enough-but-jurgen-klopp-believes-in-me-zj3gkvbrc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

https://streamable.com/iniin

Just saw that, we're doomed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I know it is April Fool's but....

Did he not quit football management to become a Rally Driver?

I know it is April Fool's but....

Did he not quit football management to become a Rally Driver?

He did and crashed out of the Paris Daker on the 4th stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Central or wing? Is that where he played underage?

Its just an excuse. He has played in midfield at underage level. He has only played at senior level as a full back. I mean FFS you'd swear he had played for 20 years as an attacking mid and how is learning a while new position. The kid is what 20? He is not a midfield player until he plays there regularly at senior level. Reina played in midfield for us does that mean he is a midfielder? I vaguely remember Jamie carragher once saying he wanted to be a striker but just because that's what you want to be, it doesn't mean you are. You can't just choose what you want to be.

Trent has had a couple of bad games this season but his age is the reason. Young players go through these patches. It's about experience and he is getting loads of it. I would start him Wednesday night but we need someone in midfield to help him out. The second half yesterday Miller and Wjini shaped center mid sides. Milner was on the left in the first half but right in the second. I think it was to help Trent. I think milner or even ox would be a good call. Ox has played wing back before so his defensive game could help Trent.

Either way our midfield three will be the difference between winning and being slaughtered.

Our attack of course is brilliant and our defence is better. But if we don't get the mid three perfect we are in trouble

Mr.H wrote: »
    Its just an excuse. He has played in midfield at underage level. He has only played at senior level as a full back. I mean FFS you'd swear he had played for 20 years as an attacking mid and how is learning a while new position. The kid is what 20? He is not a midfield player until he plays there regularly at senior level. Reina played in midfield for us does that mean he is a midfielder? I vaguely remember Jamie carragher once saying he wanted to be a striker but just because that's what you want to be, it doesn't mean you are. You can't just choose what you want to be.

Trent has had a couple of bad games this season but his age is the reason. Young players go through these patches. It's about experience and he is getting loads of it. I would start him Wednesday night but we need someone in midfield to help him out. The second half yesterday Miller and Wjini shaped center mid sides. Milner was on the left in the first half but right in the second. I think it was to help Trent. I think milner or even ox would be a good call. Ox has played wing back before so his defensive game could help Trent.

Either way our midfield three will be the difference between winning and being slaughtered.

Our attack of course is brilliant and our defence is better. But if we don't get the mid three perfect we are in trouble

Exactly, there weren’t too many making the excuse for Can when he was playing CB or RB and made mistakes, or when ‘The Rodgers’ was playing Firmino at RWB.

He’s f*cked up on a few occasions recently, the worrying thing is that he doesn’t seem to be learning from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sturridge retiring after long discussion with family

Not surprised to be honest. Looking into management and to get badges. He was great when he was fit. Should have sold him when he hit some form. He's worthless now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Going to be a long day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Would’ve been better.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    .... ‘The Rodgers’ was playing Firmino at RWB.

What games did that happen in?

klYV1Ph.gif
    LateSpecificHalibut-max-1mb.gif

ill send you the bill for those thanks.

Anyone else hope Chelsea win today? Can be having a no thrills run in and not having it go down to the wire.

Augeo wrote: »
    What games did that happen in?
    I don't think it did - Firmino and Ings lined up as defensive wingers in a 4-5-1 formation against Man Utd in September 2015. Given the way the team played with ten men behind the ball it seemed like they were playing as wing backs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

ill send you the bill for those thanks.

Anyone else hope Chelsea win today? Can be having a no thrills run in and not having it go down to the wire.

I dunno. A spurs win would pretty much lock down top 4.

A draw would also be fantastic

Mr.H wrote: »
    Based upon your reasoning Steven Gerrard was a full back that was converted to a midfielder, because he also began his senior Liverpool career at right back. :o

TAA is 19 years of age - he's a central midfielder. At under 17 level for England he was their midfield play maker. At under 18 level he played at left back against Ireland, that doesn't make him a left back.

He has played 20 odd games for the first team this season. While it has been a great experience for him as a player he is still learning to play the position - he doesn't yet have consistency in his game and he's not a natural fullback which is obvious.

Neither is Gomez a fullback and any competent manager will look to exploit our weakness in that position. It's the same reason why Moreno and not Clyne was targeted by the opposition previously.

A Chelsea win is the best result in terms of Liverpool's chances of finishing in the top 3. I'd prefer for us to be the team that ends Chelsea's chance of finishing in the top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'd much rather a Spurs win, gives us more safety in the top 4 and there's no difference between 3rd and 4th anymore, afaik they've done away with the qualification round for the CL with English teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Those pens today Arsenal got Liverpool would never have got from that ref

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement