Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I wouldn’t be writing off second just yet. United almost certain to drop points next week.

Spurs capitulation incoming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Spurs were looking too spursy for comfort in the first half.

Spurs were looking too spursy for comfort in the first half.

Result stays like this and we can count the Spurs equaliser as 1 of Victory Moses’ 20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

10 point gap between us and 5th if it stays like this now.

Cracking dive goal by Alli

And another, that should be that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well then that's Chelsea done by the looks of it unless Spurs go full Spurs.

1-3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

TitianGerm wrote: »
    10 point gap between us and 5th if it stays like this now.

In the case of Chelsea winning their game in hand over us and beating us in May (which is far from certain) they'd still need to find an additional four points over us from somewhere between now and the end of the season which is a pretty major gap at this stage. In particular given how badly they've struggled for consistency since New Year's Day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

That should be that for fourth.

Great to have it wrapped up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Reckon Conte could be home after this. The Russian doesn't tolerate failure.

Also reckon Hazard won't be at Chelsea next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

In the case of Chelsea winning their game in hand over us and beating us in May (which is far from certain) they'd still need to find an additional four points over us from somewhere between now and the end of the season which is a pretty major gap at this stage. In particular given how badly they've struggled for consistency since New Year's Day.

Yup my thoughts exactly. Not counting anything yet but Chelsea losing is a good result for our top 4 chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Would have preferred a draw in the Spurs match, but this result surely knocks Chelsea out of contention for top 4.

I wonder would Chelsea sell Kante if they don't get Champions League football.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I wish Liverpool could capitulate like Spurs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Would not count yet 10 points Chelsea with a game in hand and too play at chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Vicxas wrote: »
    Reckon Conte could be home after this. The Russian doesn't tolerate failure.

Also reckon Hazard won't be at Chelsea next season.

He'd want to get someone he trusts to make his porridge from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I wish Liverpool could capitulate like Spurs!

In general or just today?

Would not count yet 10 points Chelsea with a game in hand and too play at chelsea

Mmmmm.... I see your point. But we are well into 90% + liklyhood top4 territory. Can't see us getting overtaken by Chelsea now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Well Liverpool are 1:50 with the bookies now to finish top 4, so you could make plenty laying against it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Feeling much better about our chances after this weekend, it's really just a case of doing the bare minimum to get top 4 now.

So just caught up with MOTD from last night

Liverpool V Everton and Brighton, both teams get pens of the slightest of contacts Alan Shearer, both players felt contact so were right to go down.

Palace V Liverpool Mane never a pen it is a contact sport and not all contact is a pen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

May as well be 11 points given Liverpool's much better goal difference. Would take some collapse now to lose a top 4 spot even with having to go to Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So just caught up with MOTD from last night

Liverpool V Everton and Brighton, both teams get pens of the slightest of contacts Alan Shearer, both players felt contact so were right to go down.

Palace V Liverpool Mane never a pen it is a contact sport and not all contact is a pen.

Shearer is a ****ing knob for that statement alone. I'e no problem with Mane not getting a penalty (not the yellow card though) but none of the others were penalties either. The last thing this sport needs is attackers being encouraged to go down under the slightest contact.

That said, we've condeded some very strange penalties this season.

Back on track. Three wins and two draws will do it now, unless Chelsea can overhaul 17 goals worth of goal difference.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Defoe says he voted for Salah in player of the season, that's one for the strikers union...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

As much as I hate Dele Alli, that was an exquisite goal he scored today.

That was the result I wanted. I think we'll finish up with around 75 points, so Chelsea would need to win their remaining 7 games to pip us. I think that's CL sorted for next season, touch wood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Umaro wrote: »
    As much as I hate Dele Alli, that was an exquisite goal he scored today.

That was the result I wanted. I think we'll finish up with around 75 points, so Chelsea would need to win their remaining 7 games to pip us. I think that's CL sorted for next season, touch wood.

75 would mean losing three of our last six! I'm expecting at least 80!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

If Salah breaks the scoring record he has to get POTY really, as it stands he's got a pretty decent chance of breaking Shearer/Cole's record for goals in a 42 game season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

It would be a spectacular collapse for us not to get top 4, and Chelsea would have to hit champions form.....I mean its not impossible but its highly unlikely....We should be looking up now and try and at least finish above Spurs.

We could well do a Spurs and collapse if we get mullered by City and lose to Everton.

But I don't think we will do a Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Should rest players against Everton next week now.

Salah & Firmino in particular. Ings last scored at Goodison I would start him next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Still in the Champions League. More than likely into the next one.

Good progress.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Should rest players against Everton next week now.

Salah & Firmino in particular. Ings last scored at Goodison I would start him next week.

Less star players for Everton to kick the better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

That Firsts thing with Jurgen and Fenners is alright. He is a very humbe man or so it seems from his interview.

If Liverpool have not been mullered by City then I'd put out the U23s plus Solanke and Ings

I'm all for resting some lads against Everton, don't trust them to not injure someone as usual. Last few games they've ended Origi's season, ended Mane's season, and thrown Firmino into the stands.

I'm all for resting some lads against Everton, don't trust them to not injure someone as usual. Last few games they've ended Origi's season, ended Mane's season, and thrown Jumped Firmino into the stands.

He jumped according to some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

noodler wrote: »
    That should be that for fourth.

Great to have it wrapped up.

that's what AC Milan said at half time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's mathematically impossible for me to see Chelsea catching us .

It's mathematically impossible for me to see Chelsea catching us .
    the battery on my calculator is dead, I've drank a lot of wine and googled this and I think you're wrong..........mathematically speaking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Talisman wrote:
    Based upon your reasoning Steven Gerrard was a full back that was converted to a midfielder, because he also began his senior Liverpool career at right back.

How many games has Trent played at senior level? How many of those where full back and how many were midfield?

He is still developing as a player. No player is a defined position when they have so few games under their belt.

I and most believe Gomez will go on the play center back. I think Trent will play center mid one day. But right now you can't consider him a center mid because all of his experience is at full back. It's not like he had to be retrained. He was just trained......

I do think though with time and hopefully a lot of work, he could become an outstanding full back if that's where the coaching staff see him.

it took several years for the coaches to realise Jamie Carragher was a CB, not a midfielder or right back. When it happened I said "I'm Rafa Benitez" but in Batman's voice.

Firmino would be an amazing attacking midfielder if we had a prolific no 9 coming in. He played deeper before we converted him into a No9, we had no choice with no decent striker at club.

RockyIII-Clubber.jpg?resize=600%2C450

Gotta put City away early. Will that be the strategy at Anfield, to come out swinging and try finish this tie in the first half at Anfield. We know we have the tools to blitz them in a 30 minute time frame.
    I think Klopp will go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Gotta put City away early. Will that be the strategy at Anfield, to come out swinging and try finish this tie in the first half at Anfield. We know we have the tools to blitz them in a 30 minute time frame.

I don't see anything being settled even if we go in three nil up at half time

man if this tie follows the plot of rocky 3 I'll be so happy, MC are clubber lang obvs

gimli2112 wrote: »
    man if this tie follows the plot of rocky 3 I'll be so happy, MC are clubber lang obvs

So they beat us 0-2 at Anfield and we think it's all over, but we win 1-4 at City. Sounds good.

with the stand singing deh deh dah de de de dah dahboo be doo be doody do do
    awesome movie when you're a kid the sound of the punches , I'm off topic
    Mo Salah so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,639 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I think that’s how Klopp approaches every game !

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement