Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd have Klavan over Lovren just swap VVD to the right

Why is Klavan out? He's not played for months.

He played twice last week for his Country maybe he picked up a knock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Time to boycott friendlies - oh wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm more worried about TAA than Lovren tbh.

Sane is just frightening at the moment and TAA is in a really bad place the last few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

With injuries the only positions that are up for debate is the midfield three (watch him throw Clyne in tomorrow). I'd prefer

Can - Henderson - Ox

Can can help out TAA on the right against Sane and they shouldn't have too much over lapping on this side from Delph or Laporte.

Actually it could be Danillo at LB, forgot about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

How many yellows get you suspended these days ?
    Any City players on the limit ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Fromvert wrote: »
    With injuries the only positions that are up for debate is the midfield three (watch him throw Clyne in tomorrow). I'd prefer

Can - Henderson - Ox

Can can help out TAA on the right against Sane and they shouldn't have too much over lapping on this side from Delph or Laporte.

Actually it could be Danillo at LB, forgot about him.

Can is likely out according to Klopp. Says there is a small chance for him.

How many yellows get you suspended these days ?
    Any City players on the limit ?

Fernandinho, Gundogen and Danillo for them.
    Henderson and Moreno for us.

They get wiped after the quarters now I believe, so a player needs to pick one up in each semi to miss the final.

Can is likely out according to Klopp. Says there is a small chance for him.

Hope he's just playing it down but back injuries are a weird injury when it comes to predicting them healing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

beya2009 wrote: »
    I noticed Pep heaping praise on our front 3 saying their unstoppable. Key to stopping Peps teams is the midfield. We need to find a way of stopping both KDB and Silva dictating play. Out high press and energy will give them a world of trouble bit I'm more worried about how long we can press them in the away leg. Against Spurs at Anfield we ran out of gas which was worrying.

This is my single biggest worry, running out of gas. It has happened twice this season, once V.Spurs and again V.City. Against City we were out on our feet from the 80th minute onwards and quickly went from a comfortable 4-1 up to 4-3 and a nervy last six minutes. At least now we have VVD so things are better in defence, back in mid-Jan our defence was so shaky you kind of felt that in order to beat City we would need four goals, I dont see it as the case now.

The team gassing out does concern me. But the opposite of that is a positive, I feel if we can keep up with the frantic pace for both legs and not drop off then we do have the tools to cause a major upset. Going through over two legs would also come with a few benefits for next season too- not only would it be a nice psychological boost over City for the next title race but to beat the CL favourites would also send out a serious marker to the transfer market of us being a team on the way up. Getting beyond City could be massive for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Can, Ox and Milner in midfield for me. Milner can hopefully help out TAA if/when he's been targeted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Knex. wrote: »
    Can, Ox and Milner in midfield for me. Milner can hopefully help out TAA if/when he's been targeted.

Klopp said today Can is unlikely to make tomorrows game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Two fit centre-halves left.

Clyne won't be starting anyway. Klopp says he's physically fit but has very little football played for 9 months.

Karius

Lovren
    VVD
    Wijnaldum

Milner
    Ox
    Can
    Robertson

Salah
    Firmino
    Mane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

When did Gini become a CB?

x43r0 wrote: »

When we played 3 at the back against Brighton alongside Can and Lovren we won 5 - 1.

He had a really good game there as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

When we played 3 at the back against Brighton alongside Can and Lovren we won 5 - 1.

He had a really good game there as well.
    He did but no way he plays there against City no hope at all,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Sergio Aguero ruled out of LFC v Man City tomorrow night due to injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

ollie1 wrote: »
    Sergio Aguero ruled out of LFC v Man City tomorrow night due to injury

Oh huge boost that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

Anyone catch what klopp said in the press conference about city training in Liverpool something about goodison but Liverpool not been able to train in Manchester next week cause no Manchester team would give them a pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

robwen wrote: »
    Anyone catch what klopp said in the press conference about city training in Liverpool something about goodison but Liverpool not been able to train in Manchester next week cause no Manchester team would give them a pitch

It's the Champions League. You're allowed one training session on the opponents home ground the night before the match. Pretty sure both teams being from the same country makes no difference.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

It's the Champions League. You're allowed one training session on the opponents home ground the night before the match. Pretty sure both teams being from the same country makes no difference.

Bit more to it, doesn't seem major tho

https://twitter.com/LivEchoLFC/status/981188509242417154?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

It's 35 mins away from Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Don't know but I like the look if it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It's 35 mins away from Liverpool

It's more like an hour from around Melwood to the Etihad, and becomes closer to 2 for the trip when you add in just the logistics of all meeting up for the bus, any delays, the fact they're in a big slow-moving coach etc.

Without a pitch in Manchester for tuesday, it means they're spending ~4 hours on the bus in the 30 hours before the match. Not a massive deal, but every details counts, especially in as high intensity a game as this.

Can is wildly up and down but if he is having a good game it could be the difference - Hendo is just Hendo and I can't help but think it'll take more from him esp given how nippy the City middle is. Actually there is a case for playing Wiji in the middle with Ox and putting Can if fit into a three at the back. The Dutchman is better at using the ball between the lines, he can get off a quick pass to one of the front three, esp as Firmino and Mane do tend to drop off these days post Coutinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Do teams usually give their pitches up the next day, I would presume United would probably be fully booked with tours etc and would be training Thursday as normal so no hope there.. I’d say City would be preparing the pitch for the derby and would probably be straight back to training and with ye playing again the following week there is no hope ye would be training beside each other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

astradave wrote: »
    Do teams usually give their pitches up the next day, I would presume United would probably be fully booked with tours etc and would be training Thursday as normal so no hope there.. I’d say City would be preparing the pitch for the derby and would probably be straight back to training and with ye playing again the following week there is no hope ye would be training beside each other

I don't think their actual stadium is an issue - i'd guess it's training pitches that they're having trouble getting access to, for training the morning of the match. Like Carrington for instance.

Now that he's put out the call, I'm sure he'll get offers. Good publicity for the likes of FC United, or Salford FC, or Curzon Ashton... loads of small clubs around there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Knex. wrote: »

I'd like to see Milner play RB tomorrow night.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I don't think their actual stadium is an issue - i'd guess it's training pitches that they're having trouble getting access to, for training the morning of the match. Like Carrington for instance.

Now that he's put out the call, I'm sure he'll get offers. Good publicity for the likes of FC United, or Salford FC, or Curzon Ashton... loads of small clubs around there.

Yeah I was just taking in all their pitches ie. stadiums and training pitches into account.. dunno where they would have thought they would get it from either of those. Imo they should have gone to the smaller clubs first, maybe he has and those facilities aren’t up to scratch though

• Advertisement

Yeah I was just taking in all their pitches ie. stadiums and training pitches into account.. dunno where they would have thought they would get it from either of those. Imo they should have gone to the smaller clubs first, maybe he has and those facilities aren’t up to scratch though

If u read the article Dave things would make more sense to you, you're a bit mixed up

robwen wrote: »
    If u read the article Dave things would make more sense to you, you're a bit mixed up

Whoops, was going by the posts here, apologies. Thought it was the following day as I’m sure the away team has to give them access in the evening before, though the article is stating the morning session..

Apologies again

Whoops, was going by the posts here, apologies. Thought it was the following day as I’m sure the away team has to give them access in the evening before, though the article is stating the morning session..

Apologies again

No apologies needed, it is the night before, Liverpool are looking for a closed training pitch for the morning of the game in Manchester to do some tactical stuff, man city are doing the same tomorrow morning & Everton are allowing them use goodison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

I'd have Klavan over Lovren just swap VVD to the right
    Lovren and Matip were the pairing for the last league game against Man City. Van Dijk replacing Matip has to be seen as an improvement.
    Why is Klavan out? He's not played for months.
    He picked up a thigh strain in the game against Burnley on New Years day and played on. He hasn't made it into the team since because Klopp wants him to complete two weeks of training to prove his fitness. He played for Estonia twice last week and now he is crocked again. The fact that he hasn't been able to train properly for the past three months without the niggling injury recurring is a concern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I was delighted when we didn't draw Madrid.

All the experience in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Slow Milner V Sane ? Rather Trent take him on, and push forward, make him worry about Trent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Slow Milner V Sane ? Rather Trent take him on, and push forward, make him worry about Trent

They won't be worried about him in the slightest!

_______Karius_____

___Klavan_VVD_Lovern

______Henderson________

Salah___Ox__Can_____Mane

____Firmino__Ings_______

Kill em that way /

kfallon wrote: »
    They won't be worried about him in the slightest!

Palace weren't either in first half. Klopp then told Trent to make Zaha worry about you, and he bombed forward and we dominated. Zaha didn't even track or help defend. Best sort of defence is sometimes to attack.

Remember the 2007/8 season? Liverpool faced Arsenal three times in a week at the same stage of the season. Benitez rotated the midfielders so that Alonso, Gerrard and Mascherano were fressh for the second leg of the Champions League tie. In contrast, Wenger rotated his forward line. The first two games finished 1-1 but crucially Lucas and Plessis(?) ran Fabregas and Flamini into the ground. Liverpool scored 3 goals in the last 20 minutes of the second Champions League game to win the tie. Fabregas was spitting bullets afterwards because he felt it was unfair that the Liverpool midfielders didn't play all three games.

Given the likely intensity level of the game next week, I'd be happy to see the team completely rotated against Everton. Unfortunately we don't seem to have the squad to do so.
    Ward

Clyne  ??  ?? Moreno

??
        ??       ??

Ings  Solanke  Woodburn

Palace weren't either in first half. Klopp then told Trent to make Zaha worry about you, and he bombed forward and we dominated. Zaha didn't even track or help defend. Best sort of defence is sometimes to attack.

Comparing Man City to Crystal Palace, never change Toby, never change :pac:

• Advertisement

Talisman wrote: »
    Remember the 2007/8 season? Liverpool faced Arsenal three times in a week at the same stage of the season. Benitez rotated the midfielders so that Alonso, Gerrard and Mascherano were fressh for the second leg of the Champions League tie. In contrast, Wenger rotated his forward line. The first two games finished 1-1 but crucially Lucas and Plessis(?) ran Fabregas and Flamini into the ground. Liverpool scored 3 goals in the last 20 minutes of the second Champions League game to win the tie. Fabregas was spitting bullets afterwards because he felt it was unfair that the Liverpool midfielders didn't play all three games.

Given the likely intensity level of the game next week, I'd be happy to see the team completely rotated against Everton. Unfortunately we don't seem to have the squad to do so.
    Ward

Clyne  ??  ?? Moreno

??
        ??       ??

Ings  Solanke  Woodburn

I'd imagine the Everton line up will depend on whether the second leg is anything other than a formality.

Karius
    Clyne--VVD--Lovren--Robertson
    Milner---Can--Wiji---Moreno ;)
    Solanke---Ings

Moreno as a winger with his pace and he is a decent crosser of a ball would be alright for me especially with Robertson behind him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Karius
    TAA---Lovren---VVD----Robertson

Hendo

Milner
    Ox

Salah
    Bobby
    Mane

Is the team i'd presume will start, As someone else mentioned yesterday we looked shattered against Spurs after 70 minutes of a high press, so Gini and Can to come into midfield at around 70-75 min mark and possible Clyne for 10 minutes at the end?

Can not involved in training tonight.

Rafa Camacho is also training here.
    Four youngsters training with #LFC first team right now. Nat Phillips, Conor Masterson, Curtis Jones and Herbie Kane. Phillips and Masterson must have chance of being on bench tomorrow, as they are centre backs
    https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/981218583073247232

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Can not involved in training tonight.

Rafa Camacho is also training here.

https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/981218583073247232

be fantastic for ireland if masterson could make the breakthrough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Harry?

No chance of me playing.

micks wrote: »
    be fantastic for ireland if masterson could make the breakthrough
    Klopp likes him but he has been told that he needs to bulk up to be involved with the first team.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The other ties are looking over already. Hopefully we can do better than the home sides have tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Moreno as a winger with his pace and he is a decent crosser of a ball would be alright for me especially with Robertson behind him

But all of his flaws would still exist.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement