Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Is it an open draw for the Semi Finals? Used to be fixed after quarter finals if I remember correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Open and if Liverpool are still in it it'll be Real Madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Real Madrid on a different level atm......ripping Juve apart

Moreno as a winger with his pace and he is a decent crosser of a ball would be alright for me especially with Robertson behind him

Moreno is an ok backup at LB, playing him anywhere else doesn't solve any problems or improves us in anyway....maybe an option if we had some injury problems, even then I'd play Robertson ahead of him as a winger also and have Milner at LB. Moreno's not as good as Robertson going forward.....all he has over Robertson is pace.....

He'll run straight past Rooney and Schiderlin (sp)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Moreno has 5 assists in his Liverpool career . Robertson already has 4. Moreno looks good running forward with the ball but when he gets in good positions he has no composure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It'd be interesting to see if our famous press would have any effect against a team as a calm and with as much quality as Real or would they just calmly walk around us, break it and stroll into the box again and again.

I'd fancy us well enough against Barca because they're fairly soft, even if they could probably rip us to shreds more easily. Might be able to rattle them.

Not sure about being able to do that to Real.

City first mind. No problems...

Moreno has 5 assists in his Liverpool career . Robertson already has 4. Moreno looks good running forward with the ball but when he gets in good positions he has no composure.

He just boots it in the general direction.

His crossing is muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

NukaCola wrote: »
    Moreno is an ok backup at LB, playing him anywhere else doesn't solve any problems or improves us in anyway....maybe an option if we had some injury problems, even then I'd play Robertson ahead of him as a winger also and have Milner at LB. Moreno's not as good as Robertson going forward.....all he has over Robertson is pace.....

I'd much rather Everton kick the sh1t out of Moreno as a winger than risk Mane or Salah but hey if you want those guys playing against Everton cool lets hope they don't get injured.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    It'd be interesting to see if our famous press would have any effect against a team as a calm and with as much quality as Real or would they just calmly walk around us, break it and stroll into the box again and again.

I'd fancy us well enough against Barca because they're fairly soft, even if they could probably rip us to shreds more easily. Might be able to rattle them.

Not sure about being able to do that to Real.

City first mind. No problems...

City are capable of that also unless we are ultra aggressive in our press.........the problem with that is being able to do it from minute 1 to 90, we got picked off easily enough in the closing minutes versus City when the legs got very tired which is understandable and with City having most of the ball I think we'll struggle if we approach the game this way.

I'd much rather Everton kick the sh1t out of Moreno as a winger than risk Mane or Salah but hey if you want those guys playing against Everton cool lets hope they don't get injured.

Ah right, I just seen the post Knex quoted, apologies AC I wasn't aware you were talking specifically about the Everton game I thought you meant playing him on the wing in general instead of LB.

Can and Salah getting subbed was clearly the difference, Can was playing with a tummy bug wasn't he?

Whats the chances of Can signing a new contract? Be a shame for him to leave. I'm guessing he's moving to an EPL team and thats why we haven't heard any news of his next club.

NukaCola wrote: »
    City are capable of that also unless we are ultra aggressive in our press.........the problem with that is being able to do it from minute 1 to 90, we got picked off easily enough in the closing minutes versus City when the legs got very tired which is understandable and with City having most of the ball I think we'll struggle if we approach the game this way.

And our squad is probably even thinner than it was in that game.

Basically if we start to flag, we'll probably make one sub and it'll be Wijnaldum.

Nobody else brings anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

There's a reason I created this.

dNa6Feh.jpg

But most importantly, he will always have the propensity to do something daft and cost you the game. No thanks.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Knex. wrote: »

Crouch's one miles better than Rooney

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Real were pure class tonight, could have easily been four or five.
    We have our work cut out for us if we're going to win this thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Real were pure class tonight, could have easily been four or five.
    We have our work cut out for us if we're going to win this thing!

City, Madrid in the semi's, Barca in the final.

No bother. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

fyfe79 wrote: »
    City, Madrid in the semi's, Barca in the final.

No bother. :eek:
    And then Keita scores the winner for us against Leipzig in the Super Cup Final.

• Advertisement

robwen wrote: »
    Anyone catch what klopp said in the press conference about city training in Liverpool something about goodison but Liverpool not been able to train in Manchester next week cause no Manchester team would give them a pitch

Everton as always doing what they can for the Manc teams

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Everton as always doing what they can for the Manc teams

The bitterness is strong with them.

This was discussed earlier, it's not a plot.

Forever in Liverpools shadow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I mean, there's nothing wrong with Everton providing a training field. Given that this is standard practice for Champions League games, I'd imagine it's pretty common for another local team to lend a hand? What would be more surprising is if Liverpool couldn't find someone in Manchester to do the same. But I'd imagine they will, given that they have an extra week over City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sorry lads i missed the start of this discussion, whats the problem with pitches?

Match day!

Salah fgs, 3-0 @90/1
    Robertson fgs @ 40/1

Had to edit as auto-correct had Salah FFS and Robertson FFS, hopefully not a sign of things to come!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

tbh.

Coates.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Vicxas wrote: »
    Sorry lads i missed the start of this discussion, whats the problem with pitches?

Bitches be givin pitches..

I've 99 problems but a pitch aint one.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I think our midfield has to be OX, Gini and Hendo,
    Everyone gives Gini stick and Milner is the better player but we need his energy, he gets a toe on things to disrupted play its vital v City ,We need a team who can move tonight it is vital

I think our midfield has to be OX, Gini and Hendo,
    Everyone gives Gini stick and Milner is the better player but we need his energy, he gets a toe on things to disrupted play its vital v City ,We need a team who can move tonight it is vital

Milner needs to be in there, Captain Pointy is more useless without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Karius
    TAA Lovren VVD Robertson
    Ox Hendo Gini
    Salah Firmino Man

i'm not really putting myself out there predicting that team, but I reckon that'll be the midfield.

Ox and Gini were perfect for 75 minutes in the 4-3 win, and there is no reason Henderson can't play the Can role, which was to basically backup Ox and Gini when they cut off the supply to KDB and Gundogan (it'll be Silva tonight), by pressing Fernandinho every time City's CB's passed to him.

it should be perfect for Hendo. run, press, run, press, run, press.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

SlickRic wrote: »
    Karius
    TAA Lovren VVD Robertson
    Ox Hendo Gini
    Salah Firmino Man

i'm not really putting myself out there predicting that team, but I reckon that'll be the midfield.

Ox and Gini were perfect for 75 minutes in the 4-3 win, and there is no reason Henderson can't play the Can role, which was to basically backup Ox and Gini when they cut off the supply to KDB and Gundogan (it'll be Silva tonight), by pressing Fernandinho every time City's CB's passed to him.

it should be perfect for Hendo.  run, press, run, press, run, press.
    I think your spot on , The one thing is I think Pep will have City play differently tonight,
    So the result will depend on how quickly Jurgen works out what he is up to ,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Considering what happened on Saturday I assumed Everton gave City access to their ground a few days early, when I realised they played Rooney and Schneiderlin in centre midfield I couldn't help but laugh at just thinking of Guardiola reacting to the idea of them up against Silva and De Bruyne

Damn had a read of blue moon forum for a taste of build up from Man City fans, I would not go near it so much vile stuff written there but then nothing less expected after listening to their away support a few seasons ago.

Damn had a read of blue moon forum for a taste of build up from Man City fans, I would not go near it so much vile stuff written there but then nothing less expected after listening to their away support a few seasons ago.

Like the little brother trying to ape the older, but they end up taking it too far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

From Yahoo
    Manchester United are readying a mega summer approach for Mohamed Salah, Don Balon reports. Jose Mourinho is apparently keen on signing the Liverpool winger, with the Merseysiders unwilling to part with their star man for less than €200 million.

Is there a big game on tonight or something? Journalism is gone to hell at this stage. I accept I'm just adding fuel to the fire spreading this muck but I wanted to share my outrage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dan Balon makes indykaila look like a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist.

blue moon is the home of newly minted self entitled children. Crying and bawling about being so rich and yet put upon.

My god i had a glance of it for a few minutes.

So much vitriol....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Lads, I'm sure if you read RAWK you will see similar stuff being posted, no point trying to take the moral high ground, there will be tribalistic nonsense all over the internet from all sets of fans, a lot of idiots out there with keyboards.

BM is the worst for its use of nasty language, Red Cafe is by contrast a much more civilised place- they tend to welcome outsiders. BM does not. The stuff they posted about Rodgers first wife was dreadful. It got removed eventually.

I just realised, I haven't thought about our goalkeeper in a few weeks.

Considering I previously thought Karius was thoroughly inept and incapable of pulling off saves, that is some turnaround. He's made the most out of his opportunity this time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭facehugger99

SlickRic wrote: »

it should be perfect for Hendo. run, press, run, press, run, press.

Point, shout, clap hands.

Knex. wrote: »
    I just realised, I haven't thought about our goalkeeper in a few weeks.

Considering I previously thought Karius was thoroughly inept and incapable of pulling off saves, that is some turnaround. He's made the most out of his opportunity this time around.

I'm a lot more comfortable with him now than any time in the last 2 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Point, shout, clap hands.

Do the hokey cokey and turn around..

Few like this tonight without the ones going in the other end

B1rEXd.gif

Gar2DL.gif

G5fZBE.gif

jwHFuO.gif

Ederson's been a good addition to City and is important to how they play, but as a keeper I think he's still streets behind De Gea.

In another team he wouldn't get anywhere near the praise.
    To be fair to him, he's quite young. Victor Valdes eventually became a very very good keeper, beyond what he could do with the ball at his feet. Ederson might too.

We're seeing Lloris dropping one bollock after another as well.

Courtois isn't at the level he was 2 or 3 years ago either.

Karius doesn't have to be that good to be competitive with the rest, aside from De Gea (although I wouldn't whinge about him being replaced).

He certainly doesn't have much to do to outperform Jack ****ing Butland. Christ alive knows why we keep getting linked to him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement