Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Overall if we can limit City to one away goal (or less!) I'd be content, I don't want them having two or three and us needing a few there. I'd like us going there knowing we need a low number of away goals to make it difficult for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

https://mobile.twitter.com/deancoombes/status/981566186264694785

Here is a periscope video of City arriving soon I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Word is City have arrived early,
    They had previous asked the police to keep the fans away from there bus route , the request was refused  They have now arrived early when there's no fans about,
    Pep not sure about his players mind set ?
    Not a bad move by them.
    But honestly, unlikely to make much diff to the game itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

we should have locked the gates and left them outside for 2 hours for the craic, scare the beejaysus outa them

• Advertisement

With Trent 's confidence maybe not 100% and lovren playing after a media speel or two I'd be fearful that one or both of them could feck up....I'm not convinced about karius either truth be told.

Either ox or wij as a creative force in midfield isn't great either....the front 3 might well have to create their own chances.

All considered I reckon we'll win though, it's the games where you can't see any issue ya have to worry about :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

As MLK said ''I have a dream'' seems apt for the day that's in it.

YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

30171428_10156739164507573_3149262139698678907_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=492b432bbc4dad3eef5a065bbf1808cc&oe=5B6B999E

Official Team

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sterling on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Amazing if true but surely its not. That would totally be disrupting their preparation and what they do before a game normally.

No it'll be exactly like arriving to their home ground with no one around

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I wish I could be remotely optimistic :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That City midfield is going to dominate the fcuk out of ours.

I just hope or front three are up for the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Fieldog wrote: »
    30171428_10156739164507573_3149262139698678907_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=492b432bbc4dad3eef5a065bbf1808cc&oe=5B6B999E

Official Team

That poster makes it look like a five a side where half our team are playing for City :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That City midfield is going to dominate the fcuk out of ours.

I just hope or front three are up for the game.

They are missing their two top goalscorers in sterling and aguero from the starting lineup. A change in tactics with that set up. Let's hope it backfires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

BT blowing the bus arrival out of proportion you would think they are trying to get the club in trouble

That's pathetic from those fans bottling the bus,ya can be hostile without violence ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

That's pathetic from those fans bottling the bus,ya can be hostile without violence ffs

It's a joke, no need for it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Milner and Henderson will need to help out Trent against Sane, and Ox really needs to front up in this one or we'll be overrun in the middle. Pep packing the midfield is a good move from their point of view, I think.

Yeah, could only have been a couple of planks in the crowd that went too far, but it's a bad look. You can be a hostile and partisan crowd without actually being violent and scummy.

I wonder how they'll shape up

- If it's the usual 4-3-3 who is being put on the right?
    - Could they be playing wing backs of Sane and Walker?
    - Some other formation?

Gundogan and Fernandinho gives KDB and Silva a slot of freedom to dominate the ball and push forward. Also Gundogan has a knack of getting free and floating into dangerous positions. Would have preferred Sterling playing.

Also if it's a back four, Salah cutting in works a little better for Laporte (being a right footer, think Arbeloa versus Messi that time) I would like to see Mane take a few shots at him down the outside if Salah isn't having a lot of joy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Silva Gundogan Fernandinho V Henderson Oxlade Milner

That was my MF prediction so I cannot complain about the result in terms of personnel, even more bloody pressure! Another can reqd

I'm going to age a year before ko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

As good a midfield as we could field tonight, buoyed by that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Shítting it lads.

Time to crack open the hally.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lads throwing stuff at the bus is a non-issue that a few are likely to overreact to because it's a bad look for a team they don't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Fromvert wrote: »
    I wonder how they'll shape up

- If it's the usual 4-3-3 who is being put on the right?
    - Could they be playing wing backs of Sane and Walker?
    - Some other formation?

Gundogan and Fernandinho gives KDB and Silva a slot of freedom to dominate the ball and push forward. Also Gundogan has a knack of getting free and floating into dangerous positions. Would have preferred Sterling playing.

Also if it's a back four, Salah cutting in works a little better for Laporte (being a right footer, think Arbeloa versus Messi that time) I would like to see Mane take a few shots at him down the outside if Salah isn't having a lot of joy.

Laporte is left-footed.
    I don't expect them to go with a back three but that 11 is very adaptable.

Our fullbacks have to keep them honest. Delighted Sterling is on the bench.

Lads throwing stuff at the bus is a non-issue that a few are likely to overreact to because it's a bad look for a team they don't like.

It happened more as City fans cried about it online as soon as the Liverpool fans started to arrange it on their forums

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Very clever from Pep dropping Sterling and putting on one of Klopp's boy's in Gundogan on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

WTF Coachgate

ElTel wrote: »
    Laporte is left-footed.
    I don't expect them to go with a back three but that 11 is very adaptable.

Our fullbacks have to keep them honest. Delighted Sterling is on the bench.

Ah ok, read he was a righty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Very clever from Pep dropping Sterling and putting on one of Klopp's boy's in Gundogan on the pitch.

Sterling's never looked great in his returns to Anfield. Reckon we'll see him in the final 30 alright though still.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Can't sit still at home been awhile since I was like this before a game if ever...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Fcuking sh1theads throwing stuff at the bus..

Ah well, media and twatters will get good mileage out of this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Ah well, media and twatters will get good mileage out of this one.

Let them at it. 4 or 5 idiots don't represent our club. Nice words from Guardiola there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I’m surprised the “neutrals” haven’t started a thread about the bottle throwing yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

re Sterling dropped - It means they have 11 on the pitch this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,387 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

martyos121 wrote: »
    I’m surprised the “neutrals” haven’t started a thread about the bottle throwing yet.

Think RTE were really making a bigger deal of it than it was. Sounds like one broken window which isn't great but the way they were going on I thought they had just driven down Mosul high street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Think RTE were really making a bigger deal of it than it was. Sounds like one broken window which isn't great but the way they were going on I thought they had just driven down Mosul high street.

My point exactly. Massively blown out of proportion by those with an agenda.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »

Already have one knob texting me his outrage.....it's cool though, dude's a shady fcuker in his own right so I don't take him calling someone else scum seriously. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Manchester City team bus badly damaged by projectiles while makin its way through crowds to Anfield. Nobody hurt but bus has been rendered undriveable and a replacement sent. Liverpool expected to issue a statement apologising and have apologised at boardroom level #LFC #MCFC
    BBC News

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

"A bus was damaged? Well quick, tell me what teams were involved so I know how to feel about it"

Pep just compared the bus thing to the Dortmund terrorist attack. I don't think that's going to help things at all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

There’s been threats of doing this all week on twitter. Absolute apes, what goes through their heads. Probably nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

There is no need for that behaviour.

Broken window beside the door, unable to see the mirror which is why it would not be safe to drive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I haven't been as up for a game since Rafa had us marauding all over Europe.

May Fowler have mercy on our souls.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

sabat wrote: »
    I'm preparing myself for the worst - probably going to be something like 3-5 over the two legs. It'll be doubly disappointing that Klopp and the team didn't get a shot at any glamour knockout tie against a Real or Bayern.

Changed my mind completely-5 or 6-1 tonight.

Our manager has publicly apologized for the behavior,so it is very much a issue,it's a terrible scummy sort of action that is needless to say the least.mindless fools.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement