Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Isn't lallana fit again?

Sure he went off injured against Palace last week, looks likely to miss the World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The whole getting suspended for a game for accumulating yellow cards is a stupid rule btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

shaunr68 wrote: »
    Amusing comment on the BBC Sport "Have your say" page from a fan, possibly getting a bit ahead of himself in the euphoria, wondering whether Coutinho will get a winners medal when Hendo lifts Ol' Big Ears :D

In fact, he could get both a winners and losers medal! Could he?

No he was dropped from the 25 man panel that is named for the knockout stages along with Sturridge.

As far as I remember it’s only those players that get medals if you win.

How's salah?

He's the key to the season

Still absolutely buzzing!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I saw that City team and was worried. Pep compared a few bottles to an explosive device and also benched his highest scorer that was available to him :o

What a performance, didn't watch it live but avoided phone and internet and was a bag of nerves, the beers disappeared and the whiskey was out. Everyone was great but Karius because he had nothing to do :pac:

Andy and Trent two ****ing hero's, Henderson and Milner missed a few passes but tackled everyone. Henderson's foul was a good pro foul, he took one for the team when they could be breaking. Get your prayer mats out direct them to Mecca, Mo and Can need to be fit.

I'm all for playing the reserves the weekend with the cushion we have. Give the lads a rest! I'll still be a bag of nerves on Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Gotta give credit
    martyos121 wrote: »
    Early Mane goal, nice handy 3-0 win. No worries at all.
    Nail on the head man, in the end City didnt even get a decent shot on target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I just...keep... watching... the goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I don’t really know what to say. We blew them away the first half - it was stunning. And then we did what we really struggle to do the second and defend competently. Just goes to show that the big Anfield European night remains very much a thing.

We won’t get out of this without some panic however - the mentality next week needs to be right from the off. Get one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Milner has equaled the CL record for assists in a season with his 8th assist in this seasons CL.

His assist last night was hilarious. Cushioned pass to the Ox...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

According to Klopp Salah says he felt something but only sometimes.

Might just need a rest at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Did anyone mention how class we are at corners :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

That City midfield is going to dominate the fcuk out of ours.

I just hope or front three are up for the game.

😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

martyos121 wrote: »
    Early Mane goal, nice handy 3-0 win. No worries at all.

Nearly nailed that

• Advertisement

I'd love to be in Liverpool today.....tis a cheery spot anyway but the banter today would be great.

Good morning reds!

Had the biggest smile on my face this morning coming in to work, they must have thought i was drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Good morning reds!

Morning. I'm looking forward to going into work today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Southgate has his midfield for the World Cup if he wants it.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Dare I say it, but if we happen to lose the derby this weekend it will only put a fairly minor dent in the positivity at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Really nice to have a player again in the Ox that can take those driving efforts from outside the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Can't help feeling if the result had gone the other way the soccer forums would be a lot busier but no just wall to wall Liverpool fans looking for trouble

5starpool wrote: »
    Dare I say it, but if we happen to lose the derby this weekend it will only put a fairly minor dent in the positivity at the minute.

In the context of our season the 3 pts on offer are very very likely to be meaningless enough.

Derby is a derby though.

I wouldn't risk any of the front 3 though ........ I fear there must be something wrong with Mo for him to come off so he'll need the weekend off at the very least I would imagine.

I'd be resting Milner and Henderson too and would be slow to risk Can or Ox as well.

And with our CB injuries I'd be worried about Virgil .............

It'll be interesting how we approach it.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Augeo wrote: »
    In the context of our season the 3 pts on offer are very very likely to be meaningless enough.

Derby is a derby though.

I wouldn't risk any of the front 3 though ........ I fear there must be something wrong with Mo for him to come off so he'll need the weekend off at the very least I would imagine.

I'd be resting Milner and Henderson too and would be slow to risk Can or Ox as well.

No need to rest Henderson as he is suspended for the second leg

jbt123 wrote: »
    No need to rest Henderson as he is suspended for the second leg

Cheers :)
    I didn't know that. Hopefully Can is ready to start the next CL game so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Thud

Match day!

Salah fgs, 3-0 @90/1
    Robertson fgs @ 40/1

Had to edit as auto-correct had Salah FFS and Robertson FFS, hopefully not a sign of things to come!

did you put the bet on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mig
    Clyne Lovren VVD Moreno
    Henderson Wijnaldum Can
    Ings Solanke Firmino

Lovren and VVD should be fine. They won't be wrecked.

The rest of that team should get the job done, with Mané on the bench in case. Salah on the bench too if the injury is minor.

Everton are shít. Don't forget that. They have no interest in the manager, and are on the beach.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Mig
    Clyne Lovren VVD Moreno
    Henderson Wijnaldum Can
    Ings Solanke Firmino

Lovren and VVD should be fine. They won't be wrecked.

The rest of that team should get the job done, with Mann the bench in case. Salah on the bench too if the injury is minor.

Everton are sh Don't forget that. They have no interest in the manager, and are on the beach.

Hopefully Can is back, and i don't think anyone will be too upset at us not fielding our full strength squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Firmino I think will play Saturday.

Salah surely not & Mane needs a rest. I would start Ings.

Trent AA has character & heart you can't train. Some performance last night.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »

Trent AA has character & heart you can't train. Some performance last night.

Indeed, I feared he mightn't be at his best due to confidence but he was immense last night. Ability wise he has it all, he's just very young to be where he is. But he's doing great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Thud

what are chances City win league on Saturday, go on the lash and show up a bit groggy on Tuesday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Thud wrote: »
    what are chances City win league on Saturday, go on the lash and show up a bit groggy on Tuesday?

My money will be on Utd to beat them on Sat. No way will they want City to win the league at their ground. And whatever we think, Pep will still think they can go through to the CL semi and will also prob rest some players. Prob even value to be had on Utd. edit to say was sure Utd were at home. still think they will get something from the game.

I though Lovren was immense last night. Made 2 or 3 really good tackles when it mattered. I said yesterday I'd take anything nil as the score but really in my wildest dreams couldn't imagine 3 0. Brilliant team performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Liverpool showed some heart last night, they deserve to win this competition ... atmosphere in the stadium was amazing ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Augeo wrote: »

Derby is a derby though.

Why would you rest Henderson? He's suspended for the second leg.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Why would you rest Henderson? He's suspended for the second leg.

I didn't know that :)

Great performance last night. Every single player was excellent and we thoroughly deserved that.

I think we'll get one at the Ethiad and I hope we score before them to really knock their confidence.

Ties not over and I'm not getting my hopes up yet but I'm more confident today than this time yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I think the media done us a favour everyone knew Trent is a weak link but its because he switches off ( hes young he will learn) but City went at him way to often they never gave him the chance to switch off, nearly every ball was played at him made his job easier in a way,
    Iv been a big critic of his so was lovely to see him shut me up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Was it just me or was it great to see VVD back there when City where pressing for a goal,
    I think he just keeps everyone around him calm, Himself and Robbo have been unreal of late, If we get another quality CB we will be some side,
    Lets hope City don't get an early goal next week , if we score first its over,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

TAA is the proof of the belief Klopp has in his players and how much they believe in him.

1st half against Palace, Zaha destroyed him. Any other manager would of hauled trent off but no Klopp tells him attack Zaha instead, changes the game.

"Sane will destroy Trent" all week we heard that "Trent is the weak link". Lad puts in a MOTM display against the 2nd best winger in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

5starpool wrote: »

Yeah, pretty much. We have a little cushion in the league with regards to that 4th spot, so it wouldn't be the end of the world.

I'd take a draw now with no injuries and some rest for Can, Salah etc so that we've strong options for Tuesday.

Robertson was fantastic again. The crowd love him.

What a great signing he's turning out to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I wont get to watch the highlights till later - I didnt get to see the match and only caught the goals. Did City threaten much? Did Karius have much work to do?

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Robertson was fantastic again. The crowd love him.

What a great signing he's turning out to be.

We swapped Stewart and 4m for Robbo :eek:

GBX wrote: »
    I wont get to watch the highlights till later - I didnt get to see the match and only caught the goals. Did City threaten much? Did Karius have much work to do?

Not a single short on target, or even the goal for that matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Henderson outstanding as well. I still dont understand how people still question him, for liverpool and england. And more often than not its our own fans with the most snide comments. He was in monster mode again last night. I'm glad to have him as captain of Liverpool, long may it continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Not really and no.

Turn up the sound and enjoy!

He caught a cross and had a few kick outs. Think he managed to read two Game of Thrones Books as well.

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Henderson outstanding as well. I still dont understand how people still question him, for liverpool and england. And more often than not its our own fans with the most snide comments. He was in monster mode again last night. I'm glad to have him as captain of Liverpool, long may it continue.

He was fantastic. All our midfield were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Did Karius have much work to do?

Not really, caught a few crosses well.

But importantly his positioning was always good, he covered his near post correctly when Sane was cutting in (a mistake he's made before), distributed fine, slowed the game down a few times and generally exuded calmness.
    There's a goalkeeper in there.

He wasn't great for the offside goal, but would have to give him the benefit of the doubt that he saw the flag.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement