Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

5starpool wrote: »
    Look like we will be down to the bare bones for the second leg,
    Gutted for Mo if he misses it, I really think without him City can press us and not really worry about us on the break he is so so important, Will we finally pay for not replacing Cou in January ?
    we will have literally no options of the bench, and even worse if Can doesn't make it .,
    Away leg is looking like,
    Trent, VVD Lovren Moerno

Milner Can ( if fit ) Wni
    Ox      BOBBY     Mane

Did I miss something about Robertson being injured?
    No idea why I put in Moreno :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Wardling wrote: »
    With the Spanish teams I really feel that over two legs they would be difficult but a one off game we could do it. Smash them with some gegenpressing madness to take a lead by 2 or 3 and sit back and watch lovdijk mop up their attacks.

giphy.gif

Wonder if that'll catch on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Well to be fair they should have had a pen, but then the pens given against and ones denied to Liverpool this season it was about time Liverpool got a bit of luck in those calls

Yeah but Karius would have saved the penalty anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Wardling wrote: »
    Not to get too cocky after the first leg but if im hand picking a semi final I would prefer Bayern.

Let the Spanish team kick lumps out of each other and if klopp can navigate us through a Bayern semi I would prefer the Spanish teams in a one off winner takes all game.

I'd fancy Liverpool's coaches to be more up to date with Munich's playing style and have some good friends still in Germany with some insight on how to approach it. Over two legs it seems to me to be the most favourable draw.

With the Spanish teams I really feel that over two legs they would be difficult but a one off game we could do it. Smash them with some gegenpressing madness to take a lead by 2 or 3 and sit back and watch lovdijk mop up their attacks.

Oh and Karius winning the golden glove..imagine the melt down if that happens!!

First thing first though and let's bang 2 in in the etihad and see the fans stream out before half time.

Did you steal LovDijk from Reddit? I saw it posted over there as VirJan LovDijk :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Knex. wrote: »
    I think we should start a 'Thoughts and Prayers' thread for the Man City bus, which will allow us all to pay our respects accordingly.

Impossible to enjoy the victory knowing that a bus has been rendered completely useless due to the glass door being almost, but not quite, smashed in.

The bus was last seen driving away from Anfield in the direction of Manchester, where it is believed to have gone offroad to find a quiet place to pass from this cruel world.

Paul Allen has begun an expedition to find this brave vessel, after his recent success in finding WWII Aircraft Carrier, The USS Lexington. I wish him well.

As I assume that all here are completely unable to enjoy the souless victory of last night, considering the four reprehenisble projectiles that were launched at aforementioned bus, I ask now that we all hold keyboards in an act of solidarity and compassion, and partake in a minute of posting silence.

In fairness, this was not really a nothing incident and it is embarrassing for the club.

Was clearly a very small minority of idiots that did it but no team should be treated like that arriving at the ground and it does bring embarrassment to the club , unwanted media focus and most likely a reprimand from UEFA.

I don't believe it had any impact on last night's game or result but it should not happen and we would not like it if had happened to the Liverpool bus at an away match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Well to be fair they should have had a pen,

When was that???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

When was that???

2nd half Robinson on Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wardling

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Did you steal LovDijk from Reddit? I saw it posted over there as VirJan LovDijk :pac:

Yep...was still in my head as i typed out the reply earlier so left it in, best thing I've seen all day.

Closely followed by Stevie g's reaction to ox's goal.

Only thing that'll top it is an update on salah getting a clean bill of health from his scan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Bobby killing it with the no-look celebration last night

7lpa9zv2l3q01.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

No date Boll1x to that!

Only saw it live, but this is Europe, not the EPL where penalties are handed out like snuff at a wake.

IMHO, Sterling chopped the ball back with a view to drawing the foul. Works in England with the likes of Mike Dean and Bobby Madley, but referees like last night generally allow for tackles and contests for the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Looks like i'll be in Manchester on Tuesday for work.

I know there is a slim chance of finding any ticket for it, but anywhere know anywhere decent to watch the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

murpho999 wrote: »
    In fairness, this was not really a nothing incident and it is embarrassing for the club.

Ah yeah, I totally agree and have said so multiple times.

I still just wanted to take the piss, though.

DrumSteve wrote: »

I know there is a slim chance of finding any ticket for it, but anywhere know anywhere decent to watch the match.

City haven't sold all their tickets so stock a jacket on and head in with the home fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Thud wrote: »
    did you put the bet on?

I did indeed, not a huge bet but a sweet return!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

City haven't sold all their tickets so stock a jacket on and head in with the home fans?

I checked earlier; it's shown as sold out on their website as far as I can see?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Vicxas wrote: »
    Oh god don't jinx it.

But if, IF we get passed City I wouldn't mind a crack at Barca.

Honestly wouldn't care. If you'd offered me going out to Real/Barca/Bayern in the semis and 3rd place in the PL six months ago, I've have bitten you hand off. Most of us would.

We'd have done it at Christmas.
    SlickRic wrote: »

What, they made the draw already? Who'd we get? whodweget? WHODWEGET????
    EDIT - just saw the "YEESSSS!!" a couple of posts above and replied....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Henderson's yellow was strange. He tackled Sterling, no whistle, Man City retain ball , Sterling kicks Henderson off ball, City on attack then whistle goes.
    Whistle comes 5 seconds after Henderson's tackle, a long time on a football pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/981913065254981633

In all seriousness i would hate to lose to big fat sam though hopefully the b team put in a good shift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

ricero wrote: »

In all seriousness i would hate to lose to big fat sam though hopefully the b team put in a good shift.

Klopp seemed concerned of the backlash he would face if he put out a weak team!

I really couldnt care less if the under 11's tog out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

DrumSteve wrote: »

I would check the Man City website, apparently they hadn't sold out the tickets for Tuesday night. Failing that I would wander down to the station and see if you can pick up a ticket outside (returns) or a scalper. Will be plenty home fans /day-tripper City fans off-loading tickets imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It'll only upset Everton more if we put out our bench lads against them so I'm all for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I did indeed, not a huge bet but a sweet return!

Fair balls to anyone who backs us to win to nil in a game like that. Did 3-3 medelf. #shameonme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It'll only upset Everton more if we put out our bench lads against them so I'm all for it.

Bogdan
    Clyne--Masterson--Clayton--Lewis
    Camacho--Bonner-Jones--Adekanye
    Ings--Solanke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

ricero wrote: »

Edit that post quick. I've gotten a couple of cards for the same insult

Bogdan
    Ings--Solanke

Why wouldn't you play Ward?

rob316 wrote: »
    Edit that post quick. I've gotten a couple of cards for the same insult

Quoting it won't help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I keep swing people call him Robinson. Is this the new thing now or are some people just getting his name wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Mr.H wrote: »
    I keep swing people call him Robinson. Is this the new thing now or are some people just getting his name wrong?

Andy Robinson is the new Charlie Adams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Mr.H wrote: »

What you do in the privacy of your home is your business, Shirley.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Haha damn phone with its auto correct...... or Freudian slip lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Why wouldn't you play Ward?

I want to rub Everton's nose in it. Danny Ward, Kamil Grabara, Shamal George, Simon Mignolet are all far too good.

Loads of Liverpool past and future interest in tonights EL ties - Lucas, Alberto, Gulacsi, Keita and er Timo Werner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I want to rub Everton's nose in it. Danny Ward, Kamil Grabara, Shamal George, Simon Mignolet are all far too good.

Could probably start up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

SlickRic wrote: »
    it's like the back 4 are not actually coached to defend. they're coached to press, anticipate and pass. but when the back 4 is actually being attacked, it's amateurish.
    Watching the game live, the lack of discipline in the Man City defence surprised me.

Kompany used to bring organisation to their back four in a similar manner to the influence Van Dijk has had since joining Liverpool. Besides managing his fitness levels, Guardiola seems to wheel him out for the away games where the defence needs to be focused. He doesn't play many of their home games where their defence is not expected to come under pressure. Last night there was no reaction from him when the goals were conceded, there was no cajoling/berating of his defenders.

Each of them seemed to be on autopilot playing their own mini game. Otamendi charging into midfield and losing possession is Dejan Lovren-esque, but it's the Dejan Lovren from before Van Dijk arriving at Liverpool.

Having watched the game back again my explanation for the Man City performance is that Guardiola changed the tactical setup to stifle Liverpool in midfield but his players didn't buy into it. Every one of them was going through the motions rather than executing a plan they believed in. Their performance reminded me of the way Liverpool played when Rodgers lost his nerve - possession for the sake of possession but no end product. The players were waiting for one of their team mates to step up and create something out of nothing, kind of like the way Coutinho seemed to save us on such occasions.

Liverpool's second half performance was a joy to watch - I haven't seen us soak up pressure and defend the spaces like that since Benitez's tenure.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I can't get that allez allez allez song out of my head.

I like it....the one from that g*mp from Cark seems to have disappeared too so that’s another plus.

The Kop after the full-time whistle. They stayed for quite a while after the players were gone too.

It’s actually refreshing to be the worst fans it the world again.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    It’s actually refreshing to be the worst fans it the world again.

Must mean we are doing something right ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Bogdan
    Ings--Solanke

Jaysus I genuinely forgot all about Bogdan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

kopite386 wrote: »

I think he took time away from football to go into acting. You can catch him tonight at 10:35pm on RTE 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is it too late to blame Conor McGregor for attacking the bus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

kopite386 wrote: »

That cruciate injury he got last season seems to have really ruined him. I don't think he's played since, even in friendlies or underage games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    That cruciate injury he got last season seems to have really ruined him. I don't think he's played since, even in friendlies or underage games.
    He played in the cup with the U23 team last month - his first involvement was about 50 seconds into the game when he picked the ball out of the net, he dropped a clanger when dealing with a cross to concede the second and the ball rolled underneath him for the third. On the evidence of his performance at that level, I think we may have finally seen the last of Adam Bogdan in a Liverpool shirt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It could be Lucas vs Keita or Wenger in the EL final.

Got to say I’ll be cheering the Main Man Lucas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

ERG89 wrote: »
    Is it too late to blame Conor McGregor for attacking the bus?

seriously.. LOL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

x43r0 wrote: »
    Bobby killing it with the no-look celebration last night

7lpa9zv2l3q01.jpg

utd fans would do well to take note, no-look match watching would be a great ability to call upon.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Mirror reporting that Can could miss the rest of the season with his back injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sevilla FC official twitter got game.
    3-0 down to @LFC?

Been there, done that ��
    https://twitter.com/SevillaFC_ENG/status/981887178329460736

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement